Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 04-20-2016 06:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16381787)
no, not at all...



i was actually just about to quote this excerpt

i liked the article, but the bolded is still an excuses to me...now clearly you have more personal insight than i do, but what does "being an athlete" have to do with social awareness skills? why is that an excuse for ignorance?

I don't think he is saying it's an excuse, just pointing it out. And I think since the article is talking about athletes that's why he specifically mentions athletes.

Personally, I do not recall hearing that word since my high school years. I don't really have any personal insight though..

Climb2safety 04-20-2016 06:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Fans that attend tonight's playoff game in Philly are being asked on the way into the arena to please sit (not stand) and repectfuly watch tonight's game. In addition, they're being asked to cheer for good play from both teams.

dmbetc 04-20-2016 06:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16381822)
Fans that attend tonight's playoff game in Philly are being asked on the way into the arena to please sit (not stand) and repectfuly watch tonight's game. In addition, they're being asked to cheer for good play from both teams.

:lol I'm sure that will go over well. They should'nt have even said anything.

hailtopitt 04-20-2016 06:31 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16381822)
Fans that attend tonight's playoff game in Philly are being asked on the way into the arena to please sit (not stand) and repectfuly watch tonight's game. In addition, they're being asked to cheer for good play from both teams.

:lol:lol:lol

aeroshady 04-20-2016 06:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16381789)
meh...the bar across the street was more fun than Pat's and Geno's

i wouldn't recommend anyone going there....you literally wait in line for 30-45 minutes (because they are tourist traps) for crappy, overpriced cheesteaks

not to mention the "charm" of getting scolded if you order incorrectly

it's so dumb

Of course that is your opinion that you were able to form based on having been there. ;)

They are a landmark of the city (like it or not). So if someone was going to Philly from far away, I would not mind sending them there once just to see them.

JRS1386 04-20-2016 06:34 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Pats > Genos but yea both are overrated. There's this bar that I have been to for March madness that's way better

Climb2safety 04-20-2016 06:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16381850)
Pats > Genos but yea both are overrated. There's this bar that I have been to for March madness that's way better

Travel shows love to feature these places and go out of their way to stoke the rivalry between the two restaurants and their devoted customers.

hailtopitt 04-20-2016 06:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16381849)
Of course that is your opinion that you were able to form based on having been there. ;)

They are a landmark of the city (like it or not). So if someone was going to Philly from far away, I would not mind sending them there once just to see them.

ok yea. seeing them, taking some pics and whatnot, sure

but actually waiting that long for gross sandwiches is not something i'd recommend

lockman21 04-20-2016 06:56 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16381754)
good for him? fuck him

he did it because he knew he'd be seeing the beat writer everyday for as long as he's in chicago

he's not sorry he said it, he's sorry he got caught

Is there literally ONE thing on this planet that you're not completely and utterly negative about? Jesus Christ, a guy can't even apologize without you taking that either half-full or empty glass of water, pissing in it, and then kicking it over.

Go pet a puppy or something.

hailtopitt 04-20-2016 06:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16381870)
Is there literally ONE thing on this planet that you're not completely and utterly negative about? Jesus Christ, a guy can't even apologize without you taking that either half-full or empty glass of water, pissing in it, and then kicking it over.

Go pet a puppy or something.

what are you talking about? clearly you only read my negative posts

god forbid someone criticizes the almighty Blackhawks, right? they can do no wrong, they are an original 6!

give me a break...Shaw is a piece of shit, just like a lot of guys in the league, including guys on my team

deal with it

lockman21 04-20-2016 07:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16381873)
what are you talking about? clearly you only read my negative posts

god forbid someone criticizes the almighty Blackhawks, right? they can do no wrong, they are an original 6!

give me a break...Shaw is a piece of shit, just like a lot of guys in the league, including guys on my team

deal with it

Only your negative posts? You're the one that signs 90% of your posts here with #garageleague. :lol

Climb2safety 04-20-2016 07:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I'm surprised a Canadian even knows that word much less it rolls off his tongue.

barbogast 04-20-2016 07:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16381822)
Fans that attend tonight's playoff game in Philly are being asked on the way into the arena to please sit (not stand) and repectfuly watch tonight's game. In addition, they're being asked to cheer for good play from both teams.

:lol :lol :lol what

rconverse 04-20-2016 07:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16381787)
no, not at all...

Keep thinking that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16381803)
I don't think he is saying it's an excuse, just pointing it out. And I think since the article is talking about athletes that's why he specifically mentions athletes.

Personally, I do not recall hearing that word since my high school years. I don't really have any personal insight though..

Wow. Not sure where you people live. I'd imagine it's very white. Black people use the word all the time. I heat it at least a few times a week laying basketball.

CrushB610 04-20-2016 07:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Lou Nolan just walked by our row.. I said good job giving it to the fans on Monday

JRS1386 04-20-2016 08:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Not watching cuz of work. LETS GO FLYERS. Hahaha yea right

Dramageek 04-20-2016 08:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Goodness, I hope Laughton's ok. It looks like he could've broken his back. Didn't look like a dirty play, just unfortunate.

Climb2safety 04-20-2016 08:48 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Caps passing not looking sharp so far.

rconverse 04-20-2016 08:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16381936)
Not watching cuz of work. LETS GO FLYERS. Hahaha yea right

They're up 1-0 late in the first!

Roose13 04-20-2016 08:52 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Ugh what a frightening situation with Laughton.

rconverse 04-20-2016 08:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
What happened? I was watching the Cubs lose after their rain delay.

DMBzilla 04-20-2016 08:56 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16381751)
Yeah, if I was ever in Philly, I would not go to one of those two places.

That'd be a mistake. In recent years hating on Pat's has become the cool thing to do but as a semi-local I still love it. Plus it was the first, which counts for history at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16381752)
Everyone knows the best cheesesteaks come from the Jersey Shore anyway. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16381763)
Steaks unlimited is the best cheesesteak I have ever had. That is in Seaside Park NJ.

Obviously you've never been to Dalessandro's.

rconverse 04-20-2016 09:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Now I just want a steak sandwich. :lol

DMBzilla 04-20-2016 09:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16382001)
Now I just want a steak sandwich. :lol

Cheesesteak, good sir. Cheesesteak.

rconverse 04-20-2016 09:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
People in Philly don't just call it a steak sandwich?

barbogast 04-20-2016 09:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Yikes the Flyers are completely overwhelming tonight. Great job staying out of the box so far. They've been better 5v5 for the majority of this series so far and it's really manifesting tonight.

rconverse 04-20-2016 09:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16382025)
Yikes the Flyers are completely overwhelming tonight. Great job staying out of the box so far. They've been better 5v5 for the majority of this series so far and it's really manifesting tonight.

If you're a Caps fan, why do you care about the Blues? Just curious.

barbogast 04-20-2016 09:35 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rconverse (Post 16382032)
If you're a Caps fan, why do you care about the Blues? Just curious.

When did I say anything about the Blues?

barbogast 04-20-2016 09:36 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Oh you mean last night. I don't care about the Blues. I just don't like the Blackhawks.

barbogast 04-20-2016 09:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Of course Neuvirth is gonna come in and get a fucking shut out and plant seeds of doubt all over the place


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.