Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 02-15-2016 10:54 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

I mean, come on. Let's be serious. There are a few teams that we all know will get in past those three, and the Rangers are one of them. Mathematically, no one is in or out yet. But let's be realistic here. The Rangers aren't missing the playoffs this year.

TMoore4075 02-15-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16296657)
I mean, come on. Let's be serious. There are a few teams that we all know will get in past those three, and the Rangers are one of them. Mathematically, no one is in or out yet. But let's be realistic here. The Rangers aren't missing the playoffs this year.

If I had to guess, we're down to 9 for 8 spots in the East. Canes, and a few others, are close but they'd need a lot of help. Plus you look at the teams below the Canes and how they've been playing....doesn't look good for them.

barbogast 02-15-2016 11:24 AM

In addition to Caps, Hawks and Stars; I say with confidence the Rangers, Panthers, Kings and Blues will all be playoff teams this year. Several others will almost certainly make it as well.

TMoore4075 02-15-2016 11:33 AM

Poor Jimmy...not really his fault today either. Maybe the Wings just need to imagine Mrazek is in net and play like they do in front of him.

Lcsulla 02-15-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16296564)
That's pretty much everyone but the Caps, Hawks and Stars. Those teams could miss but it would take a lot of work.

I would add the Kings to that list too, they'd really need to fall flat for the rest of the season to miss the playoffs.

Lcsulla 02-15-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16296725)
In addition to Caps, Hawks and Stars; I say with confidence the Rangers, Panthers, Kings and Blues will all be playoff teams this year. Several others will almost certainly make it as well.

Also Anaheim seems to hitting their stride now so I think they will be in the playoff mix as well.

barbogast 02-15-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16296772)
I would add the Kings to that list too, they'd really need to fall flat for the rest of the season to miss the playoffs.

Again, there are several teams that would have to go ice cold to miss the playoffs

barbogast 02-15-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16296774)
Also Anaheim seems to hitting their stride now so I think they will be in the playoff mix as well.

Probably. The top 3 in the pacific are kinda shoulders above the bottom 4 and the Central is deep enough to get both wild cards.

TMoore4075 02-15-2016 11:58 AM

I wasn't even looking at the West, cause who really cares, but you might have your 8 right there unless teams wake up. I mean the Coyotes are 5 out of the WC and 6 out of the division now and they are the closest team to that 2nd wild card spot.

Lcsulla 02-15-2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16296777)
Probably. The top 3 in the pacific are kinda shoulders above the bottom 4 and the Central is deep enough to get both wild cards.

Agreed, the central is a beast this season - even the last place team has 53 points. I think Chicago, Dallas and St. Louis will claim the top spots and another team or two could easily gain a wild card birth. Going to be some good hockey while the teams from the central try and secure a playoff spot! Should make for some great games!

Also, in the East I would be wrong to not mention how strong the Metro division is, they have some damn good teams and I could easily see 5 teams make the playoffs coming out of that division.

TMoore4075 02-15-2016 12:16 PM

Hey a goal! Awesome, not shutout today. Not surprise it's Datsyuk again.

~Crashintome89~ 02-15-2016 12:28 PM

congrats goes out to our very own Hairy Legs, who got her first TV screen credit this past weekend.

also, rangers suck

aeroshady 02-15-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16296892)
congrats goes out to our very own Hairy Legs, who got her first TV screen credit this past weekend.

also, rangers suck

:rolleyes I wish we could play Philly every game :p

dmbetc 02-15-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16296892)

also, rangers suck

Aw shucks! Thanks and thanks to Tim for the shout out on FB! When I make it big I won't forget my favorite group of guys.

swordo84 02-15-2016 07:36 PM

Pat Kane is pretty good at hockey, eh?

~Crashintome89~ 02-15-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16297126)
Aw shucks! Thanks and thanks to Tim for the shout out on FB! When I make it big I won't forget my favorite group of guys.

we know someone famous!!!!!

~Crashintome89~ 02-15-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16297021)

lololol remember that time you guys lost to Bournemouth at Bournemouth?

I do. It was hilarious.

And I loved every second of it.

But seriously, how the hell the goalkeeper f up that corner kick?

space_raven 02-16-2016 05:49 AM

Pit v. Fla was a good game. Fast paced.

Lcsulla 02-16-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16297021)

Wish the Hawks could play the Leafs every game!

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16297972)
Pat Kane is pretty good at hockey, eh?

I know Toronto is not a great team but even so, getting three assists and a goal is pretty damn good against any team.

Was classy of Q to pull the big guns when the Hawks went up by 7 goals to give more ice time to the second stringers. That said, it could have been even more of a blowout if Q didn't do that and the Leafs goalie did not make some damn great saves.

I was a bit perplexed that Panarin got a double minor for high sticking and drawing blood, I get the rule but one of the leafs hit him and his stick came up. Was not really his fault at all.

aeroshady 02-16-2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16298333)
lololol remember that time you guys lost to Bournemouth at Bournemouth?

I do. It was hilarious.

And I loved every second of it.

But seriously, how the hell the goalkeeper f up that corner kick?

Our Defense is awful. They need a complete overhaul. David De Gea is probably our best player though.

Lcsulla 02-16-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16299058)
Our Defense is awful. They need a complete overhaul. David De Gea is probably our best player though.

He is a great keeper, though I would still take Neuer over him in a heartbeat.

Lcsulla 02-16-2016 10:31 AM

I think the NHL should rule that Conner McDavid is eligible for a Calder next season due to his injury. I know I am biased as a Hawks fan but there is no doubt in my mind he'd be right up along with there along with Panarin and Anisimov in points and we'd have a battle royal for the trophy if he played a full season.

Edit for clarity

SirBobalew 02-16-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16299627)
I think the NHL should rule that Conner McDavid is eligible for a Calder next season due to his injury. I know I am biased as a Hawks fan but there is no doubt in my mind he'd be right up along with there along with Panarin and Anisimov in points and we'd have a battle royal for the trophy if he played a full season.

Edit for clarity

The funny thing is, even with his injury, I don't think he's out of it. If he keeps playing like he has since coming back from injury, he can still win this thing.

SirBobalew 02-16-2016 12:25 PM

Orpik is back tonight! Hope he's feeling fully healthy so he can get back to hitting everything that moves.

barbogast 02-16-2016 01:31 PM

Hey Kings fan!

:violent

barbogast 02-16-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 16300072)
Orpik is back tonight! Hope he's feeling fully healthy so he can get back to hitting everything that moves.

RIP Taylor Chorney. Job well done to him.

dmbetc 02-16-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16300215)
Hey Kings fan!

:violent

I am really excited for this game! Might be a preview of the finals. :evil

barbogast 02-16-2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16300245)
I am really excited for this game! Might be a preview of the finals. :evil

Good lord please let you be right

dmbetc 02-16-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16300260)
Good lord please let you be right

I know, I would love to crush the Caps hopes and dreams so close to victory.

barbogast 02-16-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16300263)
I know, I would love to crush the Caps hopes and dreams so close to victory.

I just wanna win two rounds in the same year :lol