Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 03-17-2015 10:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I've always been a fan of the 3 on 3 OT idea. The idea of the best players in the world playing open hockey like that springs a nice little chub

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15872134)
dreading the shootout is coming.

Exactly. Anything but this

aeroshady 03-18-2015 12:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Was at the Devils/Pens game tonight. Really bad game from both teams. I have gotten used to another level from the Rangers this season. Felt like I was watching two good division 1 teams play instead tonight.

Cory was fantastic in net for NJ. Really the bright spot for this team.

As for the Pens: they showed very little interest in this game until the last five minutes. Sad showing from them. If they play like that in the playoffs they will get swept. Only one game, but I was very surprised to see that kind of effort out of them. Good for NY though so I don't care haha.

lockman21 03-18-2015 08:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Hawks/Rags tonight.

Fuck you Greg.

unccrombie 03-18-2015 09:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15872967)
Hawks/Rags tonight.

Fuck you Greg.

glad you scored your allotment of goals last night, enjoy getting shutout.

TMoore4075 03-18-2015 09:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15872967)
Hawks/Rags tonight.

Fuck you Greg.

Rivalry Wednesday! Have they ever met in the playoffs in the history of the league? I know Original 6 but other than that is there anything? Now the late game of Ducks/Kings, I get.

aeroshady 03-18-2015 09:54 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15872967)
Hawks/Rags tonight.

Fuck you Greg.

:lol:lol

Deep dish isn't real pizza!

TMoore4075 03-18-2015 10:01 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
So I think we can say the Panthers are all but out of it. 7 points out with 12 games to go. So if the Cats went 12-0 the Bruins would only have to go 7-2-3 to be tied with them but would have the tie breaker. FLA won't go 12-0 so Bruins don't even need to be 7-2-3. Oddly enough, Sens are back in it.

unccrombie 03-18-2015 10:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15873044)
So I think we can say the Panthers are all but out of it. 7 points out with 12 games to go. So if the Cats went 12-0 the Bruins would only have to go 7-2-3 to be tied with them but would have the tie breaker. FLA won't go 12-0 so Bruins don't even need to be 7-2-3. Oddly enough, Sens are back in it.

whats more interesting to me is the buffalo/arizona race

lockman21 03-18-2015 10:39 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Fuck you too, John.

lockman21 03-18-2015 10:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15873040)
:lol:lol

Deep dish isn't real pizza!

Them is fightin' words. http://i.imgur.com/zmlJL3k.gif

TMoore4075 03-18-2015 10:42 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Sauce does not go on top.

pathetic 03-18-2015 10:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
:lol:lol bruins

unccrombie 03-18-2015 10:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15873106)
Fuck you too, John.

:lol

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...humbs-Down.gif

RiotAct 03-18-2015 10:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
No, Sabres, THAT IS NOT HOW YOU TANK PROPERLY. Ugh.

TMoore4075 03-18-2015 11:00 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
If the Sabres don't get #1 they said they'll try to trade up but Oilers or Yotes won't give up 1 or 2. McDavid to the Coyotes would probably be great for the franchise. Assuming they are still there in 3 years.

lockman21 03-18-2015 11:01 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15873113)
Sauce does not go on top.

Do they even have pizza in Detroit?

TMoore4075 03-18-2015 11:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15873145)
Do they even have pizza in Detroit?

We have octopus and coneys.

fonzz41 03-18-2015 11:16 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15873145)
Do they even have pizza in Detroit?

Only Little Caesars.

~Crashintome89~ 03-18-2015 11:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Did anyone see Kyle Turris' nifty little move in overtime last night? Good lord, sorry Carolina. What a deke. Hellevua pass too. That was ballsy, imagine if that bad goes badly?

TMoore4075 03-18-2015 12:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15873189)
Only Little Caesars.

Touche. Although, that pizza ain't pizza anymore. It used to be ok but it's just not good anymore.

fonzz41 03-18-2015 12:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Chris, I haven't watched any Hawks games since the trade - how has Kimmo looked? And you know I'm not talking about stats and stuff.

fonzz41 03-18-2015 12:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15873244)
Did anyone see Kyle Turris' nifty little move in overtime last night? Good lord, sorry Carolina. What a deke. Hellevua pass too. That was ballsy, imagine if that bad goes badly?

Utter filth. :thumbsup

lockman21 03-18-2015 12:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Kimmo has been solid. Steady. Shaking off a little dust here and there, but exactly what you'd expect out of him. A massive improvement over David Rundblad. Solid on the back end as a 3rd or 4th defenseman option on the PP (basically taking the point with 20 seconds left in place of a winger like Sharp or Richards), moving the puck well. Not making any incredible stretch passes through the neutral zone, but not really making mistakes either. Always in position, almost always has his passes on the tape...he's been good.

fonzz41 03-18-2015 12:59 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15873465)
Kimmo has been solid. Steady. Shaking off a little dust here and there, but exactly what you'd expect out of him. A massive improvement over David Rundblad. Solid on the back end as a 3rd or 4th defenseman option on the PP (basically taking the point with 20 seconds left in place of a winger like Sharp or Richards), moving the puck well. Not making any incredible stretch passes through the neutral zone, but not really making mistakes either. Always in position, almost always has his passes on the tape...he's been good.

Exactly what he should be doing in this role. Good for him. :thumbsup

I always root for underdogs to win the Cup, but I will have a part of me rooting for the Hawks just for Kimmo to get it.

Brohan_Santana 03-18-2015 01:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15871707)
i know most of you don't care and have probably not paid even a moment of attention but...

CBJ prospect Marco Dano has had some unexpected time with the big club this year due to the rash of injuries that have occurred and the kid is seriously impressive. He has incredible skill and i think will not be spending time in the AHL again any time soon even when everyone gets healthy.

worth checking out some of his highlights.

MarKo. He was on the 3rd line last week when they played the Oilers. Had a nifty goal less than a minute in and got an assist on Hartnell GWG. Pretty cool name too

barbogast 03-18-2015 02:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15873345)
Touche. Although, that pizza ain't pizza anymore. It used to be ok but it's just not good anymore.

Dude. Easily the best value of the national pizza chains. Might be C quality pizza but with an A quality price it's a solid deal.

One would think it would be even better in Detroit

lockman21 03-18-2015 03:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I haven't had a Little Caesar's pizza since I was about 10 years old.

barbogast 03-18-2015 04:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15873766)
I haven't had a Little Caesar's pizza since I was about 10 years old.

You've been missing out bud

fonzz41 03-18-2015 05:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Little Caesar's was my go-to meal back in college.

Even now with the family, if Mrs. Fonzz calls me when I'm driving home from work and informs me that she will not be cooking that evening as it might mean she ends up cooking one or more of our children, I hit up the LC and save the day.

barbogast 03-18-2015 07:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15874176)
Little Caesar's was my go-to meal back in college.

Even now with the family, if Mrs. Fonzz calls me when I'm driving home from work and informs me that she will not be cooking that evening as it might mean she ends up cooking one or more of our children, I hit up the LC and save the day.

Smart. All about that value. Can't be beaten. Pizza is reasonable enough to consume and enjoy. Price is elite.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.