Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

JRS1386 04-02-2012 02:20 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 13481432)

Think he got a three way that night?

monkeyman68 04-02-2012 02:24 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13481404)
Dont fault the penguins for having a shitty owner that ran the team into the ground. It had nothing to do with fans. Btw, just about everyone, giroux included whines to the refs, but only crosby gets that rep. Its retardly dumb.

Maybe it is because everytime they show Cindy Crybaby on TV he is complaining about something

It's common knowledge that all players target their opponents with hits to the head. Cookie is just unfortunate because he is the only one that actually ever gets caught

Another sad chapter in the Flyers' franchise was when they had to trade away Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins because the Flyers couldn't pay their salaries even though their loyal fans were filling all of the seats

cry_minarets458 04-02-2012 02:26 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 13481440)
Think he got a three way that night?

i think he was suave enough to get them at the same time. if not, definitely suave enough to get them separately in the same week. :lol:lol

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 02:36 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
MonkeyManNumbers is so rattled right now.

monkeyman68 04-02-2012 02:40 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13481463)
MonkeyManNumbers is so rattled right now.

So rattled. I hate when my team continues its perfect record in our cross state rivals' home arena!!!1!1

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 09:01 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
On a hockey forum I look at from time to time the Canucks fans were thrilled that the Bruins beat the Rangers last night. They want back to back presidents trophies. :lol

TMoore4075 04-02-2012 09:32 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13481178)
I'm just really excited we get to see another Flyers-Pens playoff series.

The animosity between posters is what makes this thread so great. I love you all.

Except Joe.

I really hate Joe now--again.

Ha Joe. :rattle

Saw the highlights have the Pens and Flyers that's again the shit that bugs me about Crosby. Time to grow up kid. As a lot have said if you are gonna dish it out expect to get crap back. We had a big conversatoin about it back in 2010 when he was wailing away at Zetterberg's back at the end of a game so Howard went after him and then after the game he bitched that Howard went after him. What do you expect a teammate to do?

Wings were able to pull it off yesterday. The only positive I take out of it is that those are the games you'll have to win in the playoffs so at least there's that.

This was a thing of beauty though. Too bad it didn't work.

http://youtu.be/HPa9GZAApBM

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 01:50 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I forgot the Pens are so righteous in whatever they do.

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 03:40 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Apparently Lucic's girlfriend and Snyder's girlfriend are in a twitter war because Snyder's girlfriend flipped off Lucic's girlfriend at some event in Boston. :lol

fonzz41 04-02-2012 04:11 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13483142)
Apparently Lucic's girlfriend and Snyder's girlfriend are in a twitter war because Snyder's girlfriend flipped off Lucic's girlfriend at some event in Boston. :lol

Between Carchards and stuff like this the NHL is turning into a bad reality show. :lol

And I am in agreement that while everyone in the NHL gets chippy, and one of the things I like about Crosby is his willingness to play the physical game and not shy away from it, he could do with a little less whining. I know he's passionate and wants his team to win, and after a few more years of maturing I think he'll (hopefully) grow out of it. There are plenty of other vets who quieted down in their later years. Hopefully Crosby follows suit.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 04:12 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13482484)
I forgot the Pens are so righteous in whatever they do.

Our team has done it's share of dumb shit over the years, but it's hardwired into your team and fans that playing with an edge is the right way to play the game.

I'd love to know who Lavioltte wants the Pens to have on the ice. Sid? Malkin? Staal? Neal? He was probably just dying to get a shot in on one of them.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 04:22 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13483329)
Our team has done it's share of dumb shit over the years, but it's hardwired into your team and fans that playing with an edge is the right way to play the game.

I'd love to know who Lavioltte wants the Pens to have on the ice. Sid? Malkin? Staal? Neal? He was probably just dying to get a shot in on one of them.

Bylsma rolls 4 lines. Malkin Crosby and Neal were all just on the ice trying to get a goal and the flyers scored. so much bitching about a clean hit, Laviolette looks like a clown.

kev87lads 04-02-2012 05:23 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Laviolette is just firing up his whole team. It's blown out a bit I think. I heard what he has said. I really think he's just firing the team up. Laviolette wasn't gonna try and light any of the Pens up. He didn't put his fourth line out there. Bylsma put the correct line out there actually in my opinion. The Pens have stars on each of their first three lines....

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 05:29 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
You've won 2 in a row. If anything, he fired the Pens up. It should be a hell of a series.

fonzz41 04-02-2012 05:31 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I love this thread at playoff time. Any sort of cordiality we usually exhibit toward each other gets thrown completely out the window :lol

If Tim and I were on this back in the late '90s, I imagine we'd be flinging the same sort of crap back and forth. ;)

fryer98 04-02-2012 05:34 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13480149)
i forgot they hockey was even being played until i saw on facebook that crosby was back.

Crosby is back!?!? Time to start watching... :lol

TMoore4075 04-02-2012 05:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13483715)
I love this thread at playoff time. Any sort of cordiality we usually exhibit toward each other gets thrown completely out the window :lol

If Tim and I were on this back in the late '90s, I imagine we'd be flinging the same sort of crap back and forth. ;)

But instead of being in our teens we are in our late-20's with nothing near that rivalry now.... :shrug I probably would have been more of a dick back then I'm guessing.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 05:56 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
15 months and the Flyers-Pens rivalry was nice and quiet. I take back every nice said about Crosby.

fonzz41 04-02-2012 06:01 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13483728)
But instead of being in our teens we are in our late-20's with nothing near that rivalry now.... :shrug I probably would have been more of a dick back then I'm guessing.

It's all nostalgia at this point... Oh how we could've hated each other...

Yeah, I can imagine myself saying some dick-ish things back in the day. Fatherhood has softened me up I suppose.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 06:13 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Sid said it best: “Both teams bring out a lot of bad things in one another. You can sit there and put a microscope over every little slash that goes on out there, but the fact is both teams do it. Both teams aren’t going to sit there and deny that they don’t. We don’t like each other. That’s the way it is.”

Dramageek 04-02-2012 06:16 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13483848)
Sid said it best: ďBoth teams bring out a lot of bad things in one another. You can sit there and put a microscope over every little slash that goes on out there, but the fact is both teams do it. Both teams arenít going to sit there and deny that they donít. We donít like each other. Thatís the way it is.Ē

What a whiner crybaby.;)

Roose13 04-02-2012 06:19 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Pens assistant coach Tony Granato was fined $2,500 and Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette was fined $10,000. Zac Rinaldo was fined as well.

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 06:20 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13483848)
Sid said it best: ďBoth teams bring out a lot of bad things in one another. You can sit there and put a microscope over every little slash that goes on out there, but the fact is both teams do it. Both teams arenít going to sit there and deny that they donít. We donít like each other. Thatís the way it is.Ē

The refs should play this quote back for him when he's crying to them after every whistle.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 06:24 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 13483862)
Pens assistant coach Tony Granato was fined $2,500 and Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette was fined $10,000. Zac Rinaldo was fined as well.

Nice Christmas present coming to Lavy via Ed Snider.

bonzo48280 04-02-2012 06:25 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13483863)
The refs should play this quote back for him when he's crying to them after every whistle.

this :thumbsup :thumbsup

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 06:25 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13483863)
The refs should play this quote back for him when he's crying to them after every whistle.

Crosby is the only star to cry to refs.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 06:25 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Any chance Millbury gets fired over his meltdown yesterday? I guess if you can confront a 12 year old and keep your job, you can do just about anything.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 06:26 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13483878)
Crosby is the only star to cry to refs.

Crosby is the Wayne Gretzky of crying. :rattle

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 06:26 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13483878)
Crosby is the only star to cry to refs.

If he only played the game like Chara or Kane.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 06:27 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13483879)
Any chance Millbury gets fired over his meltdown yesterday? I guess if you can confront a 12 year old and keep your job, you can do just about anything.

I don't know why you would even want to have him as analyst considering the horrible job he did on the Island. :lol:lol:lol

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 06:28 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13483878)
Crosby is the only star to cry to refs.

Well then don't say something like that to the media and then whine about the same thing. Both teams are slashing and cross checking Sid you said it yourself.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 06:30 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13483889)
Well then don't say something like that to the media and then whine about the same thing. Both teams are slashing and cross checking Sid you said it yourself.

He is too much a pussy for that.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 06:31 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
What would people like Sid to do? Never talk and never engage anyone?

Dramageek 04-02-2012 06:34 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13483899)
What would people like Sid to do? Never talk and never engage anyone?

I think most people would like the media to stop paying attention to him. One thing is certain though, Mike Milbury is a bag of tools.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...off-his-skirt/

(Yes, this rattled me.)

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 06:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13483899)
What would people like Sid to do? Never talk and never engage anyone?

He should shut his pussy mouth is what he should do. How dare he comment on what happened during the game.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 06:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13483899)
What would people like Sid to do? Never talk and never engage anyone?

No.

If he's going to talk shit, then actually defend his words when someone comes at him.

You can't slash away or take liberties at someone and then cry to the refs when they come back at you.

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 06:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I guess Pens fans can keep exaggerating what almost every other person in the thread is saying, but I think we've all made the point pretty clear. If you're going to slash and stir shit up don't bitch about it to the refs when others do the same to you.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 06:36 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 13483907)
I think most people would like the media to stop paying attention to him. One thing is certain though, Mike Milbury is a bag of tools.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...off-his-skirt/

(Yes, this rattled me.)

Milburys comments make me so mad that i am going to swing a stick at the glass.

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 06:36 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13483911)
No.

If he's going to talk shit, then actually defend his words when someone comes at him.

You can't slash away or take liberties at someone and then cry to the refs when they come back at you.

omg stop saying Crosby is a pussy. :rattle

wampa3 04-02-2012 06:36 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13483899)
What would people like Sid to do? Never talk and never engage anyone?

When every move you make is over analyzed to the nth degree, nothing you do will be right.

fonzz41 04-02-2012 06:37 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13483886)
I don't know why you would even want to have him as analyst considering the horrible job he did on the Island. :lol:lol:lol

This. Even before his comments on Crosby, nearly all the stuff he says is just ridiculous. Him and Maguire = Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumber

Dramageek 04-02-2012 06:39 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13483912)
I guess Pens fans can keep exaggerating what almost every other person in the thread is saying, but I think we've all made the point pretty clear. If you're going to slash and stir shit up don't bitch about it to the refs when others do the same to you.

Honest question: is Crosby the only player to do this? I refuse to believe he is. I understand that he is under higher media scrutiny than most, and I understand how conduct like that could annoy a lot of people.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 06:40 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 13483918)
When every move you make is over analyzed to the nth degree, nothing you do will be right.

Captains should not talk to the refs or media.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 06:41 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Unless Sid turns into Gordie Howe, he's going to be looked at a pussy. We'll just keep looking at him as the first or second best player in the game.

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 06:41 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 13483925)
Honest question: is Crosby the only player to do this? I refuse to believe he is. I understand that he is under higher media scrutiny than most, and I understand how conduct like that could annoy a lot of people.

Is he the only one? No. But is he one of the biggest ones? Yes.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 06:43 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13483936)
Is he the only one? No. But is he one of the biggest ones? Yes.

I think its more that he is the 'biggest' one because the cameras and media are focused on him much more. you know how many times ive seen giroux do the exact same shit and complain to the refs? just as much as crosby, but no one talks about him, the media doesnt focus on him or anyone else.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 06:45 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Pens should yank Milbury's credentials.

The camera is always on Sid.

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 06:45 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13483940)
I think its more that he is the 'biggest' one because the cameras and media are focused on him much more. you know how many times ive seen giroux do the exact same shit and complain to the refs? just as much as crosby, but no one talks about him, the media doesnt focus on him or anyone else.

I think Crosby slashes and stirs shit up much more than Giroux does though. Could be wrong but based off what I've seen from both players I see Crosby do it much more often.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 06:46 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13483943)
Pens should yank Milbury's credentials.

The camera is always on Sid.

he might hit them with a shoe though.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 06:48 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13483944)
I think Crosby slashes and stirs shit up much more than Giroux does though. Could be wrong but based off what I've seen from both players I see Crosby do it much more often.

ive seen Giroux do that and 'whine' quite a bit. Not to call out any player, but a lot of guys do it. the camera literally panned to crosby after every little scrum and incident yesterday.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 06:49 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I guess Milbury is in the studio, so they couldn't do anything. Maybe not let anyone from NBC in the building.

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 06:50 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13483954)
I guess Milbury is in the studio, so they couldn't do anything. Maybe not let anyone from NBC in the building.

:lol:lol:lol Yea that'll happen.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 06:55 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Oh sure, since the cameras are always on Sid we see just him mouthing off to the refs, and not anyone else.

Give me a break. Guy has been doing this since his first day in the NHL. Give the self-entitlement crap a rest and play the game.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 07:01 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13483975)
Oh sure, since the cameras are always on Sid we see just him mouthing off to the refs, and not anyone else.

Give me a break. Guy has been doing this since his first day in the NHL. Give the self-entitlement crap a rest and play the game.

of course they are going to put the camera on crosby, he is a top 2 player in the league. why put it on a top 250 player claude giroux?

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 07:06 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Pens have had the best player in the game for the majority of the last 30 years. That rattles people.

Can you imagine the outrage today when Lemieux two handed the guy from the Caps in the playoffs? He'd be a cancer surviving pussy.

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 07:08 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484004)
Pens have had the best player in the game for the majority of the last 30 years. That rattles people.

Can you imagine the outrage today when Lemieux two handed the guy from the Caps in the playoffs? He'd be a cancer surviving pussy.

It seems like Pens fans are the ones rattled. How dare anyone question the great Sidney Crosby!!@!

UCFish 04-02-2012 07:10 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
way too many people rattled in this thread

bibby1044 04-02-2012 07:16 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13483940)
I think its more that he is the 'biggest' one because the cameras and media are focused on him much more. you know how many times ive seen giroux do the exact same shit and complain to the refs? just as much as crosby, but no one talks about him, the media doesnt focus on him or anyone else.

I know what you're saying about the refs and I can agree there. But Giroux doesnt say shit to the cameras like "that was a cheap shot" even after he shattered a stick off the same guys knee cap that was the only thing that bothered me about all of that after the game. Im not one to hate people on the Pens just because they played better and beat the Flyers or anything either.

Another thing that annoys me, the last time the Flyers and Pens played all I hear about is Hartnell being dirty yadda yadda yadda from Pens fans, I didnt even complain about Kunitz shoving and slamming his face into the ice or when Letang kept slashing him everytime he was in striking distance. Its how Hartnell plays, physical. Every team has guys like that just so happens Hartnell scored a lot more goals this year than the others. Im not directing this towards you at all I just needed to mention this somewhere because its been driving me crazy how people can say Hartnell is being dirty when the other team is equally harrassing the same guy the entire game. Sorry for the rant.

bibby1044 04-02-2012 07:18 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13483991)
of course they are going to put the camera on crosby, he is a top 2 player in the league. why put it on a top 250 player claude giroux?

250 player? thats laughable.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 07:21 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bibby1044 (Post 13484048)
250 player? thats laughable.

Its a joke from last seasons thread. :trap

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 07:21 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bibby1044 (Post 13484048)
250 player? thats laughable.

:trap:trap:trap:trap!!

bibby1044 04-02-2012 07:23 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13484055)
Its a joke from last seasons thread. :trap

haha alright I was gonna say the guy is top 3 in points this year.

Roose13 04-02-2012 07:25 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Yea I think bibby missed that hysterical exchange. In reality, both Giroux and Crosby are in the top 5 in the NHL right now (Crosby is top in my book).

Since I made it a topic, my top 5:
Crosby
Toews
Malkin
Giroux
Stamkos

I think that was actually Bucci's top 5 as well.

bibby1044 04-02-2012 07:33 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 13484064)
Yea I think bibby missed that hysterical exchange. In reality, both Giroux and Crosby are in the top 5 in the NHL right now (Crosby is top in my book).

Since I made it a topic, my top 5:
Crosby
Toews
Malkin
Giroux
Stamkos

I think that was actually Bucci's top 5 as well.

Yes I missed it. Obviously.:lol

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 07:55 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 13484064)
Yea I think bibby missed that hysterical exchange. In reality, both Giroux and Crosby are in the top 5 in the NHL right now (Crosby is top in my book).

Since I made it a topic, my top 5:
Crosby
Toews
Malkin
Giroux
Stamkos

I think that was actually Bucci's top 5 as well.

as a pens fan right now, id take Malkin over Crosby and anyone else. he has just been head and shoulders above anyone else (assuming we are talking this year).

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 07:56 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Crosby takes the cake in the crying category, amirite?!@!?!

Roose13 04-02-2012 08:01 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13484137)
as a pens fan right now, id take Malkin over Crosby and anyone else. he has just been head and shoulders above anyone else (assuming we are talking this year).

Talking overall, regardless of the season. Crosby is the best player in hockey.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 08:11 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 13484158)
Talking overall, regardless of the season. Crosby is the best player in hockey.

agreed then:thumbsup

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 08:11 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Giroux is a good player, but he's not the face of the league. Not even sure he's the face of the Flyers, but I really have no idea. If he says something about anyone it's not a big deal. Maybe he doesn't say anything. Sid gets a thousand cameras stuck in his face and is going to get on SC when he says something.

DMBzilla 04-02-2012 09:28 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
The amount of whining Crosby does on the ice was pretty surprising when watching 24/7. That's what really changed my mind about him. It's not like he just talks to the refs - he outright cries like a bitch about every little thing. Given his talent level, it's pretty sad.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 09:29 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 13484417)
The amount of whining Crosby does on the ice was pretty surprising when watching 24/7. That's what really changed my mind about him. It's not like he just talks to the refs - he outright cries like a bitch about every little thing. Given his talent level, it's pretty sad.

The best players in sports are usually the least vocal about their problems with the game and officiating, right?

unccrombie 04-02-2012 09:30 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
what a save on mike green, holy shit

DMBzilla 04-02-2012 09:31 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484423)
The best players in sports are usually the least vocal about their problems with the game and officiating, right?

So you admit that he whines like a bitch, but justify it because other stars do it too?

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 09:33 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 13484439)
So you admit that he whines like a bitch, but justify it because other stars do it too?

Shouldnt you be arguing about what city has better food? ;)

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 09:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
The Pens need to worry less about the Flyers and more about how they're going to get a puck by the brick wall named Marty Turco tomorrow night.

DMBzilla 04-02-2012 09:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13484445)
Shouldnt you be arguing about what city has better food?

Nah, when the best response was a localized version Denny's, I realized it was pointless. :cool

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 09:35 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 13484439)
So you admit that he whines like a bitch, but justify it because other stars do it too?

Every athlete "whines like a bitch". It's part of the modern game in every sport.

DMBzilla 04-02-2012 09:39 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484456)
Every athlete "whines like a bitch". It's part of the modern game in every sport.

:lol You cannot honestly believe this.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 09:41 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 13484471)
:lol You cannot honestly believe this.

It's true. You don't think Halliday can get away with saying more to an official, than the 5th starter in Pittsburgh?

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 09:41 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I hope Crosby one day plays for Montreal with self-entitlement complexity that he and those fans have. Perfect fit.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 09:42 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484480)
It's true. You don't think Halliday can get away with saying more to an official, than the 5th starter in Pittsburgh?

Halladay doesn't spew garbage out of his mouth every time the umpire calls a ball though. ;)

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 09:43 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484480)
It's true. You don't think Halliday can get away with saying more to an official, than the 5th starter in Pittsburgh?

Halliday plays for a Philly team, no way he'd ever, everrr talk to a umpire.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 09:43 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
If Philly had Sid, he'd be bigger than Rocky. Too bad your stars never measure up to ours.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 09:43 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13484492)
Halladay doesn't spew garbage out of his mouth every time the umpire calls a ball though. ;)

for all we know, crosby could be asking the refs out for drinks after the game.

DMBzilla 04-02-2012 09:44 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484480)
It's true. You don't think Halliday can get away with saying more to an official, than the 5th starter in Pittsburgh?

Talking to an official isn't the same thing as crying for a call every time someone looks at you funny. Crosby looks immediately to the refs nearly every time he gets touched. Look at yesterday - he slashes the fuck out of Shenn in the corner, Shenn retaliates, and instead of going at Shenn it's a look right to the ref. It's a pussy move.

And as for your example, there's a big difference between talking and whining. I watch every Phillies game and attend about 30-40 a season, and in all his years in Philly Halladay has probably said less to the umps than Crosby says to the refs in a single game.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 09:44 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484497)
If Philly had Sid, he'd be bigger than Rocky. Too bad your stars never measure up to ours.

i dont know man, these people worship rocky out here.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 09:45 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484497)
If Philly had Sid, he'd be bigger than Rocky. Too bad your stars never measure up to ours.

Oh yes, God--I wish we were so lucky to have four fucking once in a generation players play for our organization in the past what? 25 years?.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 09:47 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
See, unlike my fellow Flyers brethern--I'm not going to get into a dick-measuring contest with you guys.

At the end of the day the Pens have more Cups, and in reality, that all that matters.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 09:48 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13484519)
See, unlike my fellow Flyers brethern--I'm not going to get into a dick-measuring contest with you guys.

At the end of the day the Pens have more Cups, and in reality, that all that matters.

Smartest thing ever said.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 09:48 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13484519)
See, unlike my fellow Flyers brethern--I'm not going to get into a dick-measuring contest with you guys.

At the end of the day the Pens have more Cups, and in reality, that all that matters.

or in crosbys case, pussy measuring. im kidding.

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 09:50 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13484525)
or in crosbys case, pussy measuring. im kidding.

He's got the widest set vagina in the NHL by far.

DMBzilla 04-02-2012 09:50 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13484519)
See, unlike my fellow Flyers brethern--I'm not going to get into a dick-measuring contest with you guys.

At the end of the day the Pens have more Cups, and in reality, that all that matters.

But if the Flyers win the Cup this year, that makes them unequivocally better than the Pens, right?

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 09:50 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484527)
He's got the widest set vagina in the NHL by far.

Runner up goes to Michael Leighton's five-hole.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 09:52 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 13484528)
But if the Flyers win the Cup this year, that makes them unequivocally better than the Pens, right?

Theoretically, both organizations would be tied. But I have to imagine that the edge might go to the Flyers as they have the highest winning percentage in the NHL, second to Montreal. Plus, all of their Conference trophies, etc.

But like I said, it is all about the Cups.

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 09:52 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 13484528)
But if the Flyers win the Cup this year, that makes them unequivocally better than the Pens, right?

It would make them equal. 3=3

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 09:53 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Pens would still be up 3-1. No one saw the Flyers win.

DMBzilla 04-02-2012 09:54 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Equal in titles, so you'd go to the next comparable stat, which would be winning percentage.

Of course, then it would be, "but we had/have better players like Crosby and Mario," which would be funny.

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 09:54 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484540)
Pens would still be up 3-1. No one saw the Flyers win.

Oh go fuck yourself, Scott Hall.

Nice sig, by the way, too. :lol :lol

DMBzilla 04-02-2012 09:55 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484540)
Pens would still be up 3-1. No one saw the Flyers win.

This is idiotic. By your logic the Red Sox are better than the Yankees since they've won more titles lately.

dduncan6er 04-02-2012 09:56 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBzilla (Post 13484548)
This is idiotic. By your logic the Red Sox are better than the Yankees since they've won more titles lately.

ummm the Red Sox are better than the Yankees.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.