Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 06-24-2016 08:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

SORRY...Arizona front office.

fonzz41 06-24-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16485100)
I mean, I get it. He is clearly the best available at 4...just...idk. Something's gotta give. Obviously they're apparently kicking the tires on PK, but still...it's not done yet.

I wonder if this means RNH is moved tomorrow.

jrkarger 06-25-2016 05:48 AM

Not sure if this has been posted already by my fellow pens fans but this is sexy stuff... New away jersey for next season

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/746342538290692097

TMoore4075 06-25-2016 09:32 AM

I have a feeling Buffalo will offer the $12mil and if they do it will be hard for Stammerto say no. Detroit could go to 11mil but I dunno. Detroit needs him more than the Sabres do.

Dramageek 06-25-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16486083)
Not sure if this has been posted already by my fellow pens fans but this is sexy stuff... New away jersey for next season

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/746342538290692097

I'm very excited about this. I'm of the opinion they should have never changed their uniform/logo in the first place. Never liked the "robo-penguin" logo that stupid Howard Baldwin ushered in. And Vegas gold, I guess the Black Knights will be using that now! :lol

aeroshady 06-25-2016 09:36 AM

Stamkos to the Rangers!!!! The Rangers have made a huge trade to get Stamkos from Tampa!!

They just gave up any hope of winning the cup for the next 54 years and a 1st and 2nd round pick. Also, some old player named Hank Lundqcvdjdjist who probably can't stop the puck anymore anyway!

Woo welcome Stamkos to a New York State of mind (i.e. Only the Yankees are allowed to win titles).

Dramageek 06-25-2016 09:39 AM

Loller-Rangers! :lol :lol I almost feel bad sir Stammer, except he's getting $$$$.

aeroshady 06-25-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16486345)
Loller-Rangers! :lol :lol I almost feel bad sir Stammer, except he's getting $$$$.

Sorry, I was just having some fun at my teams expense as well as Tim's welcome to Detroit post. Hopefully my post doesn't become truth. Stamkos has not been delt or signed with the Rangers. Lol

The Rangers have been silent so far...would not surprise me if they did something crazy.

Dramageek 06-25-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16486354)
Sorry, I was just having some fun at my teams expense as well as Tim's welcome to Detroit post. Hopefully my post doesn't become truth. Stamkos has not been delt or signed with the Rangers. Lol

The Rangers have been silent so far...would not surprise me if they did something crazy.

That's what I get for not back reading! :lol I hope it's not truth either.

jrkarger 06-25-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16486342)
I'm very excited about this. I'm of the opinion they should have never changed their uniform/logo in the first place. Never liked the "robo-penguin" logo that stupid Howard Baldwin ushered in. And Vegas gold, I guess the Black Knights will be using that now! :lol

The Vegas team will be black and gold too!?'b lame!

aeroshady 06-25-2016 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16486356)
That's what I get for not back reading! :lol I hope it's not truth either.

:thumbsup the fact that you believed it says a lot about the NY Rangers history. I defended them a few days ago, but I have realized the traditional trend everyone was talking about :lol

Dramageek 06-25-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16486358)
The Vegas team will be black and gold too!?'b lame!

I'm just guessing. Though I imagine the Black Nights will at least incorporate black.

As for real draft talk, I am curious about the Pens drafting a goaltender.

jrkarger 06-25-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16486372)
I'm just guessing. Though I imagine the Black Nights will at least incorporate black.

As for real draft talk, I am curious about the Pens drafting a goaltender.

Steelers "best player available" motto? No idea. Interesting to see how it plays out. Maybe GMJR knows something we don't?

swordo84 06-25-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16485215)
The oilers are going to score so many goals they won't even need defensemen

:thumbsup

swordo84 06-25-2016 11:28 AM

Sounds like Detroit is pretty desperate to get Stamkos.

As long as he doesn't end up a Leaf I'm happy. Living in the Leafs market is just the worst.

lockman21 06-25-2016 11:50 AM

I don't understand all these people NOT wanting Stamkos. Talent like this barely touches the UFA market in the NHL, and people want their teams to not sign one of the best players in the game? What?

TMoore4075 06-25-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16486475)
Sounds like Detroit is pretty desperate to get Stamkos.

As long as he doesn't end up a Leaf I'm happy. Living in the Leafs market is just the worst.

I'm sure they are very desperate. They have some young talent but need a superstar now and that's what he brings. I think he makes the most sense here and that's not homerism. Toronto will have plenty of talent in a few years and so will Buffalo. Tampa has quite a bit of talent as well. He'd have a larger role here and for longer. Doesn't mean shit if he'd rather play in his hometown or play with Eichel or something you can't help that. He's gonna get paid regardless so it'll be where he wants to go. Wings fans won't get it and bitch about Holland if he doesn't sign but you can't force a player to come here.

Roose13 06-25-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16486497)
I don't understand all these people NOT wanting Stamkos. Talent like this barely touches the UFA market in the NHL, and people want their teams to not sign one of the best players in the game? What?

I sorely want him in Philly. He's worth the cap hit.

TMoore4075 06-25-2016 03:26 PM

Reading the rumors, Okposo makes a lot of sense to me in Buffalo if they don't land Stamkos.

TMoore4075 06-25-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16486359)
:thumbsup the fact that you believed it says a lot about the NY Rangers history. I defended them a few days ago, but I have realized the traditional trend everyone was talking about :lol

Hah rumors have them going to make a big offer.

TMoore4075 06-27-2016 04:52 AM

So who gets into HHOF today? I think Lindros finally makes it in. The names that are first year eligble....yeah. Hell with the names on there, Chris Osgood could find his way in. I don't think he does but this would be the year.

barbogast 06-27-2016 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16488457)
So who gets into HHOF today? I think Lindros finally makes it in. The names that are first year eligble....yeah. Hell with the names on there, Chris Osgood could find his way in. I don't think he does but this would be the year.

I don't think Osgood goes in. Too many other more deserving names in my opinion. I think Recchi goes in, I'd also like to see Andreychuk go in. I also think it's Lindros' time. I also think Alex Mogilny deserves some consideration.

Very strange to consider names like Kiprusoff and Hejduk being eligible. I'm starting to feel very old when I hear stuff like that.

TMoore4075 06-27-2016 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16488476)
I don't think Osgood goes in. Too many other more deserving names in my opinion. I think Recchi goes in, I'd also like to see Andreychuk go in. I also think it's Lindros' time. I also think Alex Mogilny deserves some consideration.

Very strange to consider names like Kiprusoff and Hejduk being eligible. I'm starting to feel very old when I hear stuff like that.

To the last part, I thought the same thing. All the reports were all about Makarov and Lindros and Recchi so I was like "ok well who is first year eligible?" Looked it up and saw those names and just thought woooooow. I remember Hejduk's rookie year...shit.

There is an argument for all the guys you mentioned but none of them are like "yep for sure in." Lindros had his injuries, Mogilny had some great years early in his career and then it kinda fell off comparatively, Andreychuk had good numbers but he played for 100 years. I don't think Ozzie gets in but I always hate the "he played on good teams" argument. He's no Roy but Roy struggled more when the team around got worse in Montreal. If Roy doesn't get traded to play with Sakic, Forsberg, Miller, Deadmarsh, Lemieux, Blake, Bourque, DeVries, Hejduk, Drury etc...where does his career go? Again, not saying Ozzie is as good as Roy but no one sits here and says Roy's last 7 years are worth less because he played with a bunch of hall of famers.

My votes go Lindros, Recchi and if there is a 3rd...Mogilny.

barbogast 06-27-2016 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16488487)
To the last part, I thought the same thing. All the reports were all about Makarov and Lindros and Recchi so I was like "ok well who is first year eligible?" Looked it up and saw those names and just thought woooooow. I remember Hejduk's rookie year...shit.

There is an argument for all the guys you mentioned but none of them are like "yep for sure in." Lindros had his injuries, Mogilny had some great years early in his career and then it kinda fell off comparatively, Andreychuk had good numbers but he played for 100 years. I don't think Ozzie gets in but I always hate the "he played on good teams" argument. He's no Roy but Roy struggled more when the team around got worse in Montreal. If Roy doesn't get traded to play with Sakic, Forsberg, Miller, Deadmarsh, Lemieux, Blake, Bourque, DeVries, Hejduk, Drury etc...where does his career go? Again, not saying Ozzie is as good as Roy but no one sits here and says Roy's last 7 years are worth less because he played with a bunch of hall of famers.

My votes go Lindros, Recchi and if there is a 3rd...Mogilny.

I agree about the good teams argument. Fact is, most elite players spend a large chunk, if not all, of their careers on great teams surrounded by other great players. This argument does seen to pop up more with regards to goalies and I've never understood that.

I think the only guy I mentioned that's a "yep, for sure" is Mark Recchi. He absolutely deserves it.

kev87lads 06-27-2016 06:13 AM

Would be a good day for Flyers fans (rare!) if Lindros and Recchi can get in.

TMoore4075 06-27-2016 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16488515)
Would be a good day for Flyers fans (rare!) if Lindros and Recchi can get in.

Watching all the videos of Recchi hoisting the Cups with Pit, Carolina and Boston is gonna be good?

barbogast 06-27-2016 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16488519)
Watching all the videos of Recchi hoisting the Cups with Pit, Carolina and Boston is gonna be good?

:lol I was gonna say...

Although when I think of Mark Recchi I do think Flyers first obviously

TMoore4075 06-27-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16488541)
:lol I was gonna say...

Although when I think of Mark Recchi I do think Flyers first obviously

I actually don't think of any particular team with him which is weird. When I started watching hockey was about the time he was traded to the Habs so I remember him there but then traded to Philly and played for everyone it seems like. I forgot he was put on waivers in 2007. He could have said this is it then but stayed with it and got another Cup.

barbogast 06-27-2016 06:49 AM

Wow yeah, just looked up his career stats and you're right, I guess I'd forgotten how much he moved around. Still, when I think Recchi I think Flyers, then Canadiens. His early career stints in Pittsburgh and Philly were slightly before I could really understand the game. Earliest I can remember, he was a Canadien. I definitely remember him moving from MTL to PHI, and I associate him mostly with the Flyers.

Lcsulla 06-27-2016 07:36 AM

Recchi and Andreychuk should get in this year, both were close to point per game guys with a bunch of awards, accolades and great stats which were high on the all time lists. Osgood should be a no brainer with his numbers, awards and accolades. Hell - between those 3 they have a combined 8 Cup rings to their name (7 if you discount the one Andreychuk got as a coach) and a boatload of all star selections and appearances. Mogilny would be my fourth choice because he averaged well over a point per game but I fear his 3 years in the KHL may work against him this year. Rounding out my top 5 would be Lindros (another guy who averaged well over a point per game) but I think his lack of games played due to injuries and his general attitude when he was younger might work against him. Just my two cents, all of them are deserving but when it comes to voting I can never tell so who knows.

kev87lads 06-27-2016 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16488519)

The Flyers don't win Cups. We know this. So that doesn't bother me. Only Richards and Carter winning so soon after leaving has been annoying.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...l?mobile=false

Parts of 10 years as a Flyer. Not saying he should "go in" as a Flyer. Just that we consider him an all time Flyer. Same as Lindros, obviously.

JRS1386 06-27-2016 09:30 AM

Would love for Recchi and Lindros to get in. Recchi should be a lock, Lindros should get in, because he had HoF talent, but I don't know if he does or not

TMoore4075 06-27-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16488955)
Would love for Recchi and Lindros to get in. Recchi should be a lock, Lindros should get in, because he had HoF talent, but I don't know if he does or not

I think he does this year just because of the lack of locks in their first year of being eligible. Sorry Hejduk and Kipper, neither of you were close to Lindros. If you had big names eligible then he might be SOL. Sucks that something like that comes into play but it's the reality.

barbogast 06-27-2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16488690)
The Flyers don't win Cups. We know this. So that doesn't bother me. Only Richards and Carter winning so soon after leaving has been annoying.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...l?mobile=false

Parts of 10 years as a Flyer. Not saying he should "go in" as a Flyer. Just that we consider him an all time Flyer. Same as Lindros, obviously.

That's pretty much the criteria for "going in as" whichever team though, yes? Wherever you played the longest? Or is it player's choice? I know Gartner is in as a Capital even though he only played just about half his career there, however he was there longer than he was anywhere else. That's why I thought that's what the criteria is. I could be wrong.

TMoore4075 06-27-2016 10:15 AM

I need Friday to get here. Want some free agent frenzy.

Drew Miller has resigned with the Wings for one year and 1mil. Can't argue that one. Great 4th liner guy and PK guy.

fonzz41 06-27-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16489019)
I think he does this year just because of the lack of locks in their first year of being eligible. Sorry Hejduk and Kipper, neither of you were close to Lindros. If you had big names eligible then he might be SOL. Sucks that something like that comes into play but it's the reality.

I would be very surprised if Hejduk ever gets into the HoF. Love the guy, but maybe I just have lofty standards for what constitutes a Hall of Famer.

So do they always have to induct a certain number of players into the HoF every year? I mean, it seems like they let some guys in just because it's a weak class (ahem, Cicarelli). Could they ever just be like, "meh, I think we'll only take three guys this year."?

I don't know. Total kudos to warriors like Dave Andreychuk and stuff. But is he really a HALL OF FAME hockey player? I dunno.

TMoore4075 06-27-2016 11:10 AM

You can have a max of 4 players (males) elected but I don't think there is a minimum. The players needs to get to a certain # or % of votes.

kev87lads 06-27-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16489054)
That's pretty much the criteria for "going in as" whichever team though, yes? Wherever you played the longest? Or is it player's choice? I know Gartner is in as a Capital even though he only played just about half his career there, however he was there longer than he was anywhere else. That's why I thought that's what the criteria is. I could be wrong.

Good question. No idea what the criteria for going "in as" is. I'm sure we can find it.

Roose13 06-27-2016 11:53 AM

Lindros is one of those players where I agree with both sides of whether or not he deserves to be in the HOF. I hope Recchi gets in. I definitely identify him as a Flyer more than any other team he's been on.

TMoore4075 06-27-2016 12:07 PM

Sounding like Lindros will be getting in.

fonzz41 06-27-2016 01:00 PM

Eric Lindros, Sergei Makarov, Pat Quinn and Rogie Vachon.

Very nice.

TMoore4075 06-27-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16489384)
Eric Lindros, Sergei Makarov, Pat Quinn and Rogie Vachon.

Very nice.

Vachon seems a little weird, but I'm ok with the rest. Still think Recchi should have been in.

trd1610 06-27-2016 05:54 PM

Shaw 6 years to the Habs

JRS1386 06-27-2016 09:01 PM

Recchi not in is a fucking joke. Glad Lindros is in though

JRS1386 06-27-2016 09:31 PM

I have someone on facebook arguing that Lindros was more qualified that Recchi to get into the HoF. Seriously :lol

dmbetc 06-27-2016 09:51 PM

Happy Birthday Roose!! (Still your bday in Cali)

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...to1_r1_400.gif
http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...aq0to3_400.gif
http://sonsofpenn.com/wp-content/upl.../ghostgoal.gif
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...aq0to1_400.gif

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 04:54 AM

Happy belated Roose.

The Shaw deal, he wasn't gonna be getting $2mil we knew that so the # isn't THAT bad but it's the 6 years. No way is he worth that commitment. I'd do 3 years at that price but no way 6. They only have 8mil in salary so I don't see that as a landing spot for Stamkos unless Subban is on the move by Friday. If Stammer isn't signed in TBL by tomorrow, I think they are done. At noon Friday Tampa can no longer offer the 8th year so when it's a level playing field in terms of years and TO, BUF and DET can offer 10-12mil and TB can only do 8.5, they can't compete with that.

kev87lads 06-28-2016 06:28 AM

Forgot to tell you guys. Watched "Goon" the other night. Terrible movie. So whatever rankings of hockey movies I had from last month still stand.

Lcsulla 06-28-2016 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16490346)
Happy belated Roose.

The Shaw deal, he wasn't gonna be getting $2mil we knew that so the # isn't THAT bad but it's the 6 years. No way is he worth that commitment. I'd do 3 years at that price but no way 6.

Not sure the length of the contract is that big of an issue to be honest, Shaw is only 24 and will be 31 when the contract is done plus he did not request a no move clause. Basically you are getting a very gritty and versatile player in the prime of his career and you have him locked up pretty cheap with the option of moving him if circumstances change. He has great netfront presence, he has played in plenty of big games including a number of game sevens, won two cups, played in another WCF that went the full seven but turned out ending up in LA's favor - plus he is great at sticking up for teammates. Basically the Habs just locked up a guy who has been there and done that in every way possible who can lead a team that is rebuilding because despite his relative young age he will provide a pretty cheap veteran presence that will rub off in the clubhouse. Not really a bad signing IMO.

Lcsulla 06-28-2016 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16490143)
Recchi not in is a fucking joke. Glad Lindros is in though

Agreed on Recchi. Lindros belongs in the hall IMO, he was that good and I actually do feel bad for the guy because he came in with so much hype (the next Gretzky/Lemiux, etc, etc) and never lived up to the expectations but did anyone actually think he would? He also got a ton of shit from the team, the fans and the media for the games he missed due to numerous concussions - they called him every name in the book. He never deserved all that crap simply for placing his health over his career. In truth he probably did more to help make the NHL safer than anyone in history. Add in his numbers and you have a guy who certainly deserves to be in. I just never figured he would be voted in before Recchi. I though his early on 'Drouin act' of not reporting to Quebec (or ever playing for them) after they drafted him would keep him out a bit longer.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 07:07 AM

People said the same thing about Dave Bolland and David Clarkson though too. If he is scoring 25 points a year, 6 years is a long time. He's not gonna be as effective in Montreal because they aren't as good as Chicago. You can play your role when you you have a Toews, Kane and Hossa out there. I get why Montreal gave him the term, if you didn't, somebody would and that's what you had to do to get a deal done. If they feel he's gonna be a great fit for their team...great. I just wonder how much of it is "Ooo he did great for Chicago and Chicago wins, we gotta get him." Teams tried to get players from the Avs and Wings back in the day and they usually failed. Martin Lapointe got a 5 year deal at like 5.2mil per year from the Bruins because he was a great in Detroit. He didn't do so well after he left. All of a sudden your leadership and stuff isn't the same when you don't have Yzerman, Shanahan, Fedorov and Larionov out there with you.

Lcsulla 06-28-2016 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16489166)
Dave Andreychuk and stuff. But is he really a HALL OF FAME hockey player? I dunno.

640 goals (14th all time), 698 assists, all time NHL leader in power play goals, 28 all time in points, a career +38, 6th all time in games played and a Stanley Cup winner in TB in 04 where he tallied 14 points in the postseason. Unlike other guys he changed his style of play in his later years to fit the way his body could play and was huge for TB in his time there. IMO he is a no brainer for the HOF.

Lcsulla 06-28-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16490528)
People said the same thing about Dave Bolland and David Clarkson though too. If he is scoring 25 points a year, 6 years is a long time. He's not gonna be as effective in Montreal because they aren't as good as Chicago. You can play your role when you you have a Toews, Kane and Hossa out there. I get why Montreal gave him the term, if you didn't, somebody would and that's what you had to do to get a deal done. If they feel he's gonna be a great fit for their team...great. I just wonder how much of it is "Ooo he did great for Chicago and Chicago wins, we gotta get him." Teams tried to get players from the Avs and Wings back in the day and they usually failed. Martin Lapointe got a 5 year deal at like 5.2mil per year from the Bruins because he was a great in Detroit. He didn't do so well after he left. All of a sudden your leadership and stuff isn't the same when you don't have Yzerman, Shanahan, Fedorov and Larionov out there with you.

Point taken on him not being surrounded by stars so he likely will not be as effective. Still, that deal is not too bad IMO because he will be able to clam a clubhouse with a veteran presence, play his game in front of the net, stick up for his team, let his experience help the rest of the guys, he will leave it all on the ice every game and if it turns to shit somehow I am sure he can easily be moved to a contender in a couple of years because of his pedigree, winning attitude, experience and guts.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 10:00 AM

I need Friday to get here....So I can watch TO get Stamkos and the Wings overpay for one of the other guys. Lucic visited Vancouver yesterday and Edmonton today. Dreger saying he's on the Wings list.....no thanks. He's scored a whopping 20 goals last year and 18 the year before and you want me to give him 6mil per for 5-6 years? No way.

fonzz41 06-28-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16490930)
I need Friday to get here....So I can watch TO get Stamkos and the Wings overpay for one of the other guys. Lucic visited Vancouver yesterday and Edmonton today. Dreger saying he's on the Wings list.....no thanks. He's scored a whopping 20 goals last year and 18 the year before and you want me to give him 6mil per for 5-6 years? No way.

With as "exciting" as draft day was, I'm trying to temper my expectations by convincing myself that TB will re-sign Stamkos and it will be a boring July 1.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 10:12 AM

NHL Hall of Fame, just like every other HoF, is a complete joke

in much better news, not sure if this has been posted but:

https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-ch...rs/c-281034354

so good

barbogast 06-28-2016 10:16 AM

Still unsure how Mark Recchi doesn't go in, especially with such a weak class. I mean, what more does a player have to do?

I won't lie I had never heard of Rogie Vachon until yesterday. I'm sure it's a perfectly fine nomination, but come on. Seems like they stretched pretty hard on that one.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16490933)
With as "exciting" as draft day was, I'm trying to temper my expectations by convincing myself that TB will re-sign Stamkos and it will be a boring July 1.

Like I said earlier, I think if he's not re-signed Tampa by sometime tomorrow or early Thursday, I don't think it happens. You gotta assume he'll have a pretty good feeling by late tomorrow if he wants to go or not and if he wants to go to Tampa, he's not gonna lose out on that 8th year of salary.

fonzz41 06-28-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16490455)
Forgot to tell you guys. Watched "Goon" the other night. Terrible movie. So whatever rankings of hockey movies I had from last month still stand.

You usually don't say a lot of wrong things, so this is significant.

JRS1386 06-28-2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16490961)

so good

It was, asshat

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16490993)
It was, asshat

the Pens won the Cup

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 10:37 AM

You mean the Penns?

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 10:39 AM

4>2
5>2
6>0

TheLastPig 06-28-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

so good

Jersey bonerz

I fucking love the whites. Have a Lemieux one like that in white I got last year.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16491041)
Jersey bonerz

I fucking love the whites. Have a Lemieux one like that in white I got last year.

hoping to get an Olli Maatta in the white

or maybe a Murray but i'm still iffy on that

barbogast 06-28-2016 10:45 AM

Quote:

so good

*barfs*

Yuck

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 10:50 AM

In honor of Lindros going to HHOF, I think I'll go watch highlights of his trip to the Finals in 97.

barbogast 06-28-2016 10:53 AM

Oh hey look guys, Tim brought up that the Red Wings won the Cup in 1997. He'll probably remind us about 1998 next. Thanks, Tim!

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491051)
*barfs*

Yuck

:lol coming from a Caps fan

they've had nothing but awful sweaters from basically day 1

Pens are simple and classic...so good

barbogast 06-28-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491079)
:lol coming from a Caps fan

they've had nothing but awful sweaters from basically day 1

Pens are simple and classic...so good

Yeah, I know. You know my post was in jest. Penns usually have great sweaters. The Caps got it right until 1995, and the new alternates. Everything in the middle has been putrid. The screaming eagle right there to the left of this post, just hideous. No idea how that even got past the drawing board.

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 10:55 AM

Caps current red sweaters are awesome, but they don't touch the Penns jerseys by a couple of miles.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491083)
Yeah, I know. You know my post was in jest. Penns usually have great sweaters. The Caps got it right until 1995, and the new alternates. Everything in the middle has been putrid. The screaming eagle right there to the left of this post, just hideous. No idea how that even got past the drawing board.

agreed, the eagle was terrible

i'm not really a fan of the current alternates TBH but they're getting closer

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491085)
Caps current red sweaters are awesome, but they don't touch the Penns jerseys by a couple of miles.

why the hell don't the Flyers go back to the black sweaters? so much better than that awful orange crush

the black ones were badass

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491076)
Oh hey look guys, Tim brought up that the Red Wings won the Cup in 1997. He'll probably remind us about 1998 next. Thanks, Tim!

I'm just surprised his latest post wasn't about Stamkos going to Detroit.

barbogast 06-28-2016 11:02 AM

I've always thought the Flyers look their best in orange. That bright obnoxious orange color IS the Philadelphia Flyers for me.

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491089)

why the hell don't the Flyers go back to the black sweaters? so much better than that awful orange crush

These jerseys were awesome: http://www.nhluniforms.com/Flyers/Flyers09.html

Black was pretty cool too. But I was kind of over them until you just mentioned them.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491089)

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491098)
I've always thought the Flyers look their best in orange. That bright obnoxious orange color IS the Philadelphia Flyers for me.

I've always liked the orange too. Black was fine for a 3rd jersey but didn't like them doing it all the time. One thing I don't like about the ones now is the ones now is the white background patch with the black letters. Just think it makes it look cheap.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491094)
I'm just surprised his latest post wasn't about Stamkos going to Detroit.

He's going to TO.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 11:08 AM

the only thing i like about the current Flyers sweaters IS the name plate :lol

it has a nice background story to it

but all black is way more badass IMO...the orange crush looks like something a college would wear (syracuse or OKstate come to mind)

http://img.bluekangaroo.com/images/o...f-45601249.jpg

excitingjae 06-28-2016 11:11 AM

Orange is more unique as the Bruins, Kings, Ducks, and Penguins all wear black at home. A few other teams use black as their third jersey too.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excitingjae (Post 16491118)
Orange is more unique as the Bruins, Kings, Ducks, and Penguins all wear black at home. A few other teams use black as their third jersey too.

that doesn't make it better

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 11:18 AM

It boggles my mind that team as crappy as the Jackets have cap space issues but then I remember they traded Horton's essentially dead contract to the Leafs for...well the same thing is Clarkson but at least he gets to play. Wow that team makes mistake after mistake.

excitingjae 06-28-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491121)
that doesn't make it better

that's your preference but from a design standpoint their black logo sticks out better on an orange field than a black field.

lockman21 06-28-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16491125)
It boggles my mind that team as crappy as the Jackets have cap space issues but then I remember they traded Horton's essentially dead contract to the Leafs for...well the same thing is Clarkson but at least he gets to play. Wow that team makes mistake after mistake.

I mean, it certainly doesn't help that BOBROVSKY! has a ridiculous cap hit, either.

For every goaltender that isn't Lundqvist or Price, anything over $6m is absurd.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excitingjae (Post 16491128)
that's your preference but from a design standpoint their black logo sticks out better on an orange field than a black field.

nah not really...it had a distinct white outline when they wore black

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16491129)
I mean, it certainly doesn't help that BOBROVSKY! has a ridiculous cap hit, either.

For every goaltender that isn't Lundqvist or Price, anything over $6m is absurd.

I get why they did it because of how good he was for those couple years. Pay up or lose him? Tough for a team like CBJ to just let a guy like that walk and then turn to your fan base and ask them to keep showing up. I'm not so sure Henrik will be worth his $8.5mil in a couple years. Can't believe he's under contract until he's 39 and he's not gonna retire early because his actual salary is still pretty high. Not like he's only make $2mil the last year. He'll still be making 5.5mil.

lockman21 06-28-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16491139)
I get why they did it because of how good he was for those couple years. Pay up or lose him? Tough for a team like CBJ to just let a guy like that walk and then turn to your fan base and ask them to keep showing up. I'm not so sure Henrik will be worth his $8.5mil in a couple years. Can't believe he's under contract until he's 39 and he's not gonna retire early because his actual salary is still pretty high. Not like he's only make $2mil the last year. He'll still be making 5.5mil.

Yeah, I mean, I think GMs are slowly realizing how disposable goalies are in today's NHL, especially if you're looking at handcuffing yourself via a high cap hit. Look no further than Pitt or SJ.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16491178)
Yeah, I mean, I think GMs are slowly realizing how disposable goalies are in today's NHL, especially if you're looking at handcuffing yourself via a high cap hit. Look no further than Pitt or SJ.

Yeah I mean hell look at my team. Howie was worth it when he signed and then struggled when he came back from the injury in 2015 and the kid took over. And Howard's deal isn't the worst out there. I'm beyond curious as to what Mrazek's deal will be this summer.

aeroshady 06-28-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16491139)

Goalies are basically worthless in the NHL if you want to win the Cup. They can win you a series or two and mask a bad team to an extent, but they will never win you a cup anymore. Otherwise the Rangers would have a few cups in the last 10 years.

Hank's contract is not even the tip of the iceberg of issues for the Rangers. We as a fan base are very aware of this and know that we missed our window. It is time to just ride out the end of some of these contracts and try to re-tool when and where we can.

Believe me, I am preparing myself to be the type of fan that I was from 1997-2006.

kev87lads 06-28-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16490978)
You usually don't say a lot of wrong things, so this is significant.

Sorry pal. Movie was terrible. Never grabbed me. Wasn't funny. Jay Baruchel was over the top annoying with his character. Just all around awful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491038)
4>2
5>2
6>0

Math! The other sports have nothing to do with this conversation. 4>2 is the only relevant one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16491072)
In honor of Lindros going to HHOF, I think I'll go watch highlights of his trip to the Finals in 97.

Real original Tim. Please post the McCarty goal again for the billionth time in the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491076)

This. Essa Tikonen still missing that empty net probs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491098)

This again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491100)
Black was pretty cool too. But I was kind of over them until you just mentioned them.

I was over them after a couple of years.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16491318)
Math! The other sports have nothing to do with this conversation. 4>2 is the only relevant one.

lol what conversation? they are all relevant

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 01:31 PM

I really like the Eagles one. That's my favorite. I hope it stays zero too.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 01:37 PM

i must admit that i rooted for the Eagles hard in the SB against the Pats

but now that franchise is just a mess

Flyers should be getting better though

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 01:48 PM

Everything about the Eagles is laughable. I still crack up every time I remember that Lurie called their organization the gold standard of the NFL despite never winning a Super Bowl. Don't even get me started on the fanbase.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491390)
Everything about the Eagles is laughable. I still crack up every time I remember that Lurie called their organization the gold standard of the NFL despite never winning a Super Bowl. Don't even get me started on the fanbase.

:lol:lol

kev87lads 06-28-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491349)
lol what conversation? they are all relevant

Not in the NHL thread.

swordo84 06-28-2016 02:36 PM

Few reports saying Lucic is signing with the Oilers. Not sure how I feel about it, if true. On one hand he's proven to be the kind of player the Oilers desperately need. On the other, he's likely past his prime at this point. Can't hurt I suppose!

fonzz41 06-28-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16491468)
Few reports saying Lucic is signing with the Oilers. Not sure how I feel about it, if true. On one hand he's proven to be the kind of player the Oilers desperately need. On the other, he's likely past his prime at this point. Can't hurt I suppose!

I think he's a good team guy when he's got his head on straight. Will stick up for the stars and could potentially pot 25 goals. But, of course, he's not a defenseman.

lockman21 06-28-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

I mean, it makes sense. The Oilers totally need more forwards.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

I was hoping it was true to save the Wings from a possible mistake but Lucic is saying it's bs.

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 07:38 PM

I think Lucic would do wonders for the Oilers. Honestly, they're better off trading either Eberle or Hall for a D-man straight up.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491944)
I think Lucic would do wonders for the Oilers. Honestly, they're better off trading either Eberle or Hall for a D-man straight up.

Stop with that logic crap. They are going after Stamkos.