Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 02-25-2015 01:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Winnik to the Pens and Tlusty to the Jets.

hailtopitt 02-25-2015 01:05 PM

Winnik to Pittsburgh for Sill

don't know much about him, looks like they'll plug him into the bottom 6

lockman21 02-25-2015 01:16 PM

Hawks rumored to be close to acquiring Sekera.

TMoore4075 02-25-2015 01:17 PM

Deadline day gonna suck again won't it?

fonzz41 02-25-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15841772)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15841781)
Winnik to Pittsburgh for Sill

don't know much about him, looks like they'll plug him into the bottom 6

Good pickup by the Pens. Great bottom 6 player who can play the PK, is gritty, but yet has the speed to shadow opponents. If he keeps doing what he's doing, you'll like him on the team. May not contribute much offensively, but I doubt that's what he'll be asked to do.

hailtopitt 02-25-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15841796)
Hawks rumored to be close to acquiring Sekera.

that would be a nice addition for the hawks

TheLastPig 02-25-2015 01:19 PM

Winnik will probably play 3rd line with Sutter.

Pens gave up Zach Sill, 2015 4th rounder and 2016 2nd rounder. Hopefully it pays off.

hailtopitt 02-25-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15841801)
Good pickup by the Pens. Great bottom 6 player who can play the PK, is gritty, but yet has the speed to shadow opponents. If he keeps doing what he's doing, you'll like him on the team. May not contribute much offensively, but I doubt that's what he'll be asked to do.

yea that would be exactly what the penguins need...Sill was ok for what he was but he wasn't getting a sweater lately.

i'd still look for the pens to add to their blue line if the right deal is out there

their cap issues are going to limit the possibilities though

TheLastPig 02-25-2015 01:20 PM

I hope Jagr doesn't end up in Washington or on the Island... would be a kick in the nuts.

hailtopitt 02-25-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 15841812)
Winnik will probably play 3rd line with Sutter.

thats going to depend on what they do with Bennett

i'd love to see this:

Hornqvist-Crosby-Perron
Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett
Winnik-Sutter-Downie
Adams-Lapierre-Comeau

Downie and Comeau are interchangeable as far as 3rd & 4th line go, but Bennett seems to be stuck in the bottom 6 right now and Comeau is getting top 6 minutes

lockman21 02-25-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15841682)
Just to be a troll, cause this has no bearing on the argument at all, I'll take the 2 time Stanley Cup winner, Pavel Datsyuk.

I'd also take Datsyuk. The guy sees the ice better than anyone I've ever seen. Him and Kane are my 1 and 1a. Same love of finding open space, moving the puck in ways that really no other players in the world can.

I love Sid's playmaking ability, and ability to create his own open space. I think that's why I don't put Sid in the same passing category as Kane and Datsyuk. Sid makes his plays and creates scoring in a different way. He's strong on the puck, and fast as shit. He sees things in a different way than everyone else. I'm not saying he's a BAD passer at all, he's elite for sure, but I think that Sid creates his own scoring chances and scoring chances for others in other ways than just great passes, which is where his great assist numbers come from.

barbogast 02-25-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 15841817)
I hope Jagr doesn't end up in Washington or on the Island... would be a kick in the nuts.

God forgive me for even thinking this, but Jagr in DC actually makes a reasonable amount of sense

You all know how I feel about him though, not sure I could stomach it if it happened

fonzz41 02-25-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15841824)

i'd love to see this:

Hornqvist-Crosby-Perron
Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett
Winnik-Sutter-Downie
Adams-Lapierre-Comeau

Downie and Comeau are interchangeable as far as 3rd & 4th line go, but Bennett seems to be stuck in the bottom 6 right now and Comeau is getting top 6 minutes

Another great thing about Winnik is he can basically play all three positions. I think he's a natural center (at least that's what he played on the Avs) and is pretty good on face-offs. I was upset when the Avs traded him away.

lockman21 02-25-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15841772)

Wow. Crazy.

fonzz41 02-25-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15841831)
I'd also take Datsyuk. The guy sees the ice better than anyone I've ever seen. Him and Kane are my 1 and 1a. Same love of finding open space, moving the puck in ways that really no other players in the world can.

I love Sid's playmaking ability, and ability to create his own open space. I think that's why I don't put Sid in the same passing category as Kane and Datsyuk. Sid makes his plays and creates scoring in a different way. He's strong on the puck, and fast as shit. He sees things in a different way than everyone else. I'm not saying he's a BAD passer at all, he's elite for sure, but I think that Sid creates his own scoring chances and scoring chances for others in other ways than just great passes, which is where his great assist numbers come from.

Very much all this.

And something to point out that you've alluded to is that it's not about being a good "passer". Passing is one of the "easier" hockey skills, if I could dare to call it that. Anyone who's played the game for a fair amount of time can be a good passer, even at full speed. Basically, anyone in the NHL is a good passer or else they wouldn't be there. What separates the Datsyuks, Backstroms, and Crosbys from the rest of the NHL pack is more their VISION. Being able to read a play, read where guys are going to be, and then drawing on their second-nature (at this point) passing skills to put the puck where it needs to be. That vision can't always be learned, and the three guys we're arguing about possess it in droves.

hailtopitt 02-25-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15841834)
Another great thing about Winnik is he can basically play all three positions. I think he's a natural center (at least that's what he played on the Avs) and is pretty good on face-offs. I was upset when the Avs traded him away.

yea the versatility will help for sure but there's no way he's playing center on this team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15841849)
Very much all this.

And something to point out that you've alluded to is that it's not about being a good "passer". Passing is one of the "easier" hockey skills, if I could dare to call it that. Anyone who's played the game for a fair amount of time can be a good passer, even at full speed. Basically, anyone in the NHL is a good passer or else they wouldn't be there. What separates the Datsyuks, Backstroms, and Crosbys from the rest of the NHL pack is more their VISION. Being able to read a play, read where guys are going to be, and then drawing on their second-nature (at this point) passing skills to put the puck where it needs to be. That vision can't always be learned, and the three guys we're arguing about possess it in droves.

yea Crosby is a cut above, IMO, because he can "pull off" a pass that most guys can't

with 1 hand on the stick and 1 hand fighting off a defender, when he's facing the wall etc etc

also, something that i really only see Sid do with regularity, is pass people open...almost like a good QB in football...a guy could be locked up with a defender, or getting out skated, or not have body position, and Sid can put a pass is just the right spot to open his teammate up, effectively making good defensive positioning and good gap irrelevant when Crosby is distributing

it's ridiculous

fonzz41 02-25-2015 02:09 PM

Ward saying Sekera to Kings.

TMoore4075 02-25-2015 02:10 PM

It is true. Monday is gonna blow.

lockman21 02-25-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15841933)
Ward saying Sekera to Kings.

Son of bitch.

fonzz41 02-25-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15841936)
It is true. Monday is gonna blow.

Yep... All Monday we'll be sitting in front of our computers, watching streaming TSN for news on where Ralph Diaz gets traded. :lol

fonzz41 02-25-2015 02:14 PM

McKenzie reporting the price paid for Sekera was a first rounder and a prospect.

lockman21 02-25-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15841943)
McKenzie reporting the price paid for Sekera was a first rounder and a prospect.

Way too much. Glad we passed.

TMoore4075 02-25-2015 02:28 PM

For a rental? Oh yeah.

fonzz41 02-25-2015 03:05 PM

I dunno... the first rounder would've been low probably, and the Kings have a lot of talent in the pipeline. Will it hurt after the season's over and Sekera bolts? Probably. But if the additional depth helps them make a strong run in the playoffs, they'll probably say it was worth it.

But yeah, still surprised the Kings payed the price of the first. Also, no salary retention.

FromTheMorning 02-25-2015 03:52 PM

3 months for Kane. Shit.

barbogast 02-25-2015 04:06 PM

Yeah so Kane underwent surgery and like fromthemorning said will miss 12 weeks. That's pretty much till the SCF. God damn. That's a killer blow.

TheLastPig 02-25-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15841824)

i'd love to see this:

Hornqvist-Crosby-Perron
Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett
Winnik-Sutter-Downie
Adams-Lapierre-Comeau

I dont see Comeau playing on the 4th line, not with the way he's played this year. He deserves to play T6 minutes with Malkin... at worst hes on a 3rd line with Winnik and Sutter. Downie is more suited for 4th line play.

As far as Bennett goes, its tough. He doesnt play the physical style you want on the 4th line, but I think he could fit with Winnik and Sutter on the 3rd line. Jason Mackey from the trib said he thinks Beau may not get playing time in the playoffs. He needs to prove himself in the last leg of the season.

This would be my ideal lineup right now:

Hornqvist-Crosby-Perron
Kunitz-Malkin-Comeau
Winnik-Sutter-Bennett
Adams-Lapierre-Downie

TheLastPig 02-25-2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15842167)
Yeah so Kane underwent surgery and like fromthemorning said will miss 12 weeks. That's pretty much till the SCF. God damn. That's a killer blow.

Chicago has had some bad luck the past 48 hours

lockman21 02-25-2015 04:42 PM

This past Bears season was bad enough. Now Kane for the year. And DRose. And it's cold as shit outside.

I'm going to get super, super drunk this weekend.

barbogast 02-25-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15842244)
This past Bears season was bad enough. Now Kane for the year. And DRose. And it's cold as shit outside.

I'm going to get super, super drunk this weekend.

Perhaps even....Blackhawk drunk?? I know that's much harder to do without ya boy Kaner

lockman21 02-25-2015 05:04 PM

Oh, I'm gonna be "Kaner in Madison, WI" Blackhawk drunk every weekend until it's 70 degrees outside just to cope.

hailtopitt 02-25-2015 05:25 PM

The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 15842181)
I dont see Comeau playing on the 4th line, not with the way he's played this year. He deserves to play T6 minutes with Malkin... at worst hes on a 3rd line with Winnik and Sutter. Downie is more suited for 4th line play.

As far as Bennett goes, its tough. He doesnt play the physical style you want on the 4th line, but I think he could fit with Winnik and Sutter on the 3rd line. Jason Mackey from the trib said he thinks Beau may not get playing time in the playoffs. He needs to prove himself in the last leg of the season.

Hornqvist-Crosby-Perron

Kunitz-Malkin-Comeau

Winnik-Sutter-Bennett

Adams-Lapierre-Downie

Spaling has to fit in there somewhere too, I guess that's where Adams gets left out, I'm not sure

Also, LOL Backstrom just did a TERRIBLE job defensively which lead to a Pens goal...nice

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 15842181)

Hornqvist-Crosby-Perron
Kunitz-Malkin-Comeau
Winnik-Sutter-Bennett
Adams-Lapierre-Downie

wheres spaling? Adams needs to sit.

salrx95 02-25-2015 05:26 PM

This is getting fun, quick.

You boys were busy in here today. Sorry about Kane. That sucks. At least the Cubs are improved.

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 05:26 PM

total mayhem right now.

barbogast 02-25-2015 05:27 PM

Goonery happening fast tonight

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 05:28 PM

downie, two minutes for trying to break it up.

barbogast 02-25-2015 05:30 PM

Pierre McGuire with one of his best lines ever:

"Rick Tocchet trying to play peace maker right now, when did you ever thought you'd hear that?!"

:lol

lockman21 02-25-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15842300)
This is getting fun, quick.

You boys were busy in here today. Sorry about Kane. That sucks. At least the Cubs are improved.

I'm a Sox fan.

barbogast 02-25-2015 05:47 PM

Caps pp really struggling right now. They need to freshen their look. It's gotten pretty easy to defend.

And here they go again. Should really cash one of these in as it'll almost certainly even out

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 05:50 PM

shorty for sutter. nisky threw it back to him

barbogast 02-25-2015 05:50 PM

Shit fucking effort. The fuck happened to this power play

barbogast 02-25-2015 05:53 PM

Huge fucking goal. Thought for sure Malkin was about to make it 3-0

salrx95 02-25-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15842314)
I'm a Sox fan.

Well, they are improved, too.

Dramageek 02-25-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15842367)
Huge fucking goal. Thought for sure Malkin was about to make it 3-0

Crazy end to that period. Good game so far. Damn that late-period goal after a dominant start.

barbogast 02-25-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15842378)
Crazy end to that period. Good game so far. Damn that late-period goal after a dominant start.

Really dominant start by the Pens. Caps very lucky to get that goal at the end. Boy did they need it

Dramageek 02-25-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15842392)
Really dominant start by the Pens. Caps very lucky to get that goal at the end. Boy did they need it

Well they have to keep it interesting to ensure that Pierre McGuire busts a nut over something. :lol

But I hope the Pens keep it up, though. Your little girl needs to start learning that you can't win them all!

barbogast 02-25-2015 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15842404)
Well they have to keep it interesting to ensure that Pierre McGuire busts a nut over something. :lol

But I hope the Pens keep it up, though. Your little girl needs to start learning that you can't win them all!

:lol I'm sure it won't be long until she learns the hard way that the Caps never win the big one

Dramageek 02-25-2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15842406)
:lol I'm sure it won't be long until she learns the hard way that the Caps never win the big one

:lol Good point! But you can always remind her of that time they won the President's Trophy!

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 06:18 PM

finally a pp goal

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 06:19 PM

lol refs

theyre all legit, just funny how they work out

Dramageek 02-25-2015 06:21 PM

The first several minutes of this period call for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XbL7lG0Su8

barbogast 02-25-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15842407)
:lol Good point! But you can always remind her of that time they won the President's Trophy!

And no one can ever take that away from us

barbogast 02-25-2015 06:26 PM

Caps really shitting the bed tonight. Not a good effort at all

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 06:30 PM

special team fest

TheLastPig 02-25-2015 07:04 PM

Have to think these refs got a talking to after last week. One of the refs is the same from that game. They are literally calling anything questionable. This is a real example as it how much referees effect an NHL game

TheLastPig 02-25-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15842297)
Spaling has to fit in there somewhere too, I guess that's where Adams gets left out, I'm not sure

Also, LOL Backstrom just did a TERRIBLE job defensively which lead to a Pens goal...nice

:lol knew I forgot someone. I'm an idiot. Swap Adams for spaling.

barbogast 02-25-2015 07:10 PM

This power play has been extremely frustrating to watch lately. Desperately needs a new look

TheLastPig 02-25-2015 07:14 PM

Apparently Bettman is at this game. No wonder it has been called so tight.

bradshaw06 02-25-2015 07:19 PM

malkin has been a monster this game

barbogast 02-25-2015 07:28 PM

Too bad the UVA basketball game ended at 9. Would much rather watch that than this shit show. Really unimpressed tonight, particularly with the top line. As hard as I blew Backstrom this morning, he's had a really bad showing tonight. That power play has been so flat the last three games. They need to shake that up. It's so predictable right now and the Pens have it on lock tonight.

Brohan_Santana 02-25-2015 07:57 PM

Lol at whoever said "the penguins get no penalties"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbogast 02-25-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15842567)
Lol at whoever said "the penguins get no penalties"

Literally no one said that

Brohan_Santana 02-25-2015 08:12 PM

The thing about the Caps PP is that everyone knows Ovechkin is going shoot it, yet he still gets it in the back of the net.

They will have to adapt and make some changes. Right before the 2nd intermission Carlson had some good looks.

Overall shitty game for the Caps. Ward should have had 2 goals, just couldn't finish. Frustrating when other lines don't get done.

Niskannen has been great this year but here's another game where you can point at one particularly play and put blame on him. Kuznetsov has been hot and cold. He's been cold much more often.

Move on and focus on the next one.

Brohan_Santana 02-25-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15842576)
Literally no one said that

Someone said it after last game.

dmbetc 02-25-2015 11:24 PM

I find this very humorous http://m.thn.com/blog/eric-lindros-f...ormer-referee/

lockman21 02-26-2015 04:28 AM

Woke up this morning hoping to feel better about this...nope, still depressed.

This fucking sucks.

salrx95 02-26-2015 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15842754)
Woke up this morning hoping to feel better about this...nope, still depressed.

This fucking sucks.

I feel your pain. Obviously, the Islanders weren't a cup contender last year but when we lost JT for the season and it wasn't even in an Islander game, it was a real blow to the fanbase. Been nervous for weeks now that we are good this year that we will lose someone. We have survived Okposo so far but if we lost JT or Halak or either of the top 3 D, I'd be worried sick.

TMoore4075 02-26-2015 05:47 AM

Wings only had Datsyuk and Zetterberg together for 29 games last year. Combined they barely played a full season. I feel ya. Hope you don't lose anyone else. I think they can weather it if guys step up.

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 06:04 AM

i have a feeling the penguins would murder the Caps in the playoffs....just a hunch

lots of Pens fans in the building last night

#LoVE Fleury taking that penalty at the end even though it led to a goal. Too bad the refs didn't see Ward knee him in the head, otherwise that game never even gets close

barbogast 02-26-2015 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15842859)
i have a feeling the penguins would murder the Caps in the playoffs....just a hunch

lots of Pens fans in the building last night

#LoVE Fleury taking that penalty at the end even though it led to a goal. Too bad the refs didn't see Ward knee him in the head, otherwise that game never even gets close

That's nothing unusual

and yeah, I don't think the Caps would do well in a series against Pittsburgh either. I'm not so sure the Caps will do well against anyone, especially if they play like they did last night

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15842882)
That's nothing unusual

and yeah, I don't think the Caps would do well in a series against Pittsburgh either. I'm not so sure the Caps will do well against anyone, especially if they play like they did last night

i think the Caps are really good, and honestly, who know what would happen in a playoff series. it's just a gut feeling...the Caps had absolutely no answer for Malkin last night. he had free reign all night long

Pens are going to be hard to beat if their top 2 lines are rolling on the same night...Malkin is a monster this year

also, the book is out on the Washington PP...every team was taking notes last night on how to defend it. the Caps are dangerous with the man advantage, but if you neutralize the left side of the ice they are very 1 dimensional

barbogast 02-26-2015 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15842897)
i think the Caps are really good, and honestly, who know what would happen in a playoff series. it's just a gut feeling...the Caps had absolutely no answer for Malkin last night. he had free reign all night long

Pens are going to be hard to beat if their top 2 lines are rolling on the same night...Malkin is a monster this year

also, the book is out on the Washington PP...every team was taking notes last night on how to defend it. the Caps are dangerous with the man advantage, but if you neutralize the left side of the ice they are very 1 dimensional

Yeah shame on Wilson for waking Malkin up with the pre game bullshit he pulled. Malkin was easily the best player on the ice last night.

And that's exactly what I was saying repeatedly last night. The power play is way too predictable and stagnant, it's amazing they score as often as they do. It really shows how skilled those players really are, but imagine if they got a little creative with it, I feel like they could easily run 30% all the time

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15842919)
Yeah shame on Wilson for waking Malkin up with the pre game bullshit he pulled. Malkin was easily the best player on the ice last night.

And that's exactly what I was saying repeatedly last night. The power play is way too predictable and stagnant, it's amazing they score as often as they do. It really shows how skilled those players really are, but imagine if they got a little creative with it, I feel like they could easily run 30% all the time

agreed

so is Niskanen on the 1st PP or the 2nd?

because he was on the 2nd PP in pittsburgh and i always thought he deserved more PP minutes

he can move the puck, his shots rarely miss the target, and when he loads it up he can fire it with the best of them

like i said last week, i REALLY miss Orpik, but Niskanen too...Caps really upgraded with those guys :shrug

barbogast 02-26-2015 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15842929)
agreed

so is Niskanen on the 1st PP or the 2nd?

because he was on the 2nd PP in pittsburgh and i always thought he deserved more PP minutes

he can move the puck, his shots rarely miss the target, and when he loads it up he can fire it with the best of them

like i said last week, i REALLY miss Orpik, but Niskanen too...Caps really upgraded with those guys :shrug

He is on the second unit. Green runs the point on the first unit, Carlson normally runs the point on the 2nd unit and Niskanen plays in Ovie's spot. I don't feel like they've used Niskanen as effectively as they could this year on the power play

pathetic 02-26-2015 06:45 AM

need 3 out of 4 points this weekend. 4 would be nice, but the bruins really have to start pulling away from florida and philly. There's no reason they should've lost that game against the canucks. still cant believe lack had that kind of a game

fonzz41 02-26-2015 07:21 AM

Waaaaiiiiittttt a second. I just a saw a tweet from NHL on NBC saying some Pens fans just had a baby and named it....

...wait for it ....

Malkin Crosby Long.

For reals?

Barbs, you dropped the ball with Riley. Shoulda named the kiddo Backstrom Bondra.

unccrombie 02-26-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15843096)
Waaaaiiiiittttt a second. I just a saw a tweet from NHL on NBC saying some Pens fans just had a baby and named it....

...wait for it ....

Malkin Crosby Long.

For reals?

Barbs, you dropped the ball with Riley. Shoulda named the kiddo Backstrom Bondra.

they talked about that last night during the 1st period of the game
awful

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

...wait for it ....

Malkin Crosby Long.

For reals?

yea that was all over the radio yesterday...so dumb

and if you're going to do that, why not name the kid Geno instead of Malkin

that poor kid

fonzz41 02-26-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15843107)

that poor kid

Totally. Or at least gone with Crosby Malkin. Crosby's at least half a decent first name.

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 07:40 AM

i think Bron Fonz has a nice ring to it

lockman21 02-26-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15842816)
Wings only had Datsyuk and Zetterberg together for 29 games last year. Combined they barely played a full season. I feel ya. Hope you don't lose anyone else. I think they can weather it if guys step up.

The thing is, he's going to be out until the WCF at least. It's just not our year.

With a team that was a real legit SCF contender, probably top 3, to know that in February sucks real hard. I don't know if people realize how vital 88 is to the Blackhawks success. It's almost like when Tampa lost Stamkos. It just doesn't work the same without him there. He double shifts every game, and is on both PP units. He literally doesn't come off the ice on the PP anymore.

It's such a bummer.

fonzz41 02-26-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15843138)

Why do you hate me?

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15843175)
Why do you hate me?

:lol it just rolls right off the tongue

lockman21 02-26-2015 07:57 AM

I saw someone say they think the Hawks should trade Shaw/Raanta/prospect for Yandle/Vermette. Which, according to him, the Coyotes "probably would retain salary for Yandle" in that deal.

Yeah dude, and why not trade Bickell for Stamkos while we're at it? And Kruger for Crosby? TBL and PITT will probably hold on to some salary too!

Fucking idiot.

barbogast 02-26-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

...wait for it ....

Malkin Crosby Long.

For reals?

I saw it during the game yesterday too and my wife looks at me and says, thank god you didn't try to pull anything stupid like that :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15843106)
they talked about that last night during the 1st period of the game
awful

Really awful

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15843138)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15843175)
Why do you hate me?

:lol :lol

barbogast 02-26-2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15843193)
I saw someone say they think the Hawks should trade Shaw/Raanta/prospect for Yandle/Vermette. Which, according to him, the Coyotes "probably would retain salary for Yandle" in that deal.

Yeah dude, and why not trade Bickell for Stamkos while we're at it? And Kruger for Crosby? TBL and PITT will probably hold on to some salary too!

Fucking idiot.

I hate fans like this. I see this nonsense all the time with the ever-so-knowledgable Caps fanbase. There were lots of examples last year when they all thought the Caps should go for Ryan Miller. It's like...ummm...you realize you can't just trade your shit players for the best from the rest of the league? So dumb

jrkarger 02-26-2015 08:30 AM

I'm going to call Mark Madden today and say now is the perfect time for the Pens to trade Craig Adams for Patrick Kane.

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 15843288)
I'm going to call Mark Madden today and say now is the perfect time for the Pens to trade Craig Adams for Patrick Kane.

:lol:lol i said good day

jrkarger 02-26-2015 08:36 AM

#AllOfOurBadGuys4AllOfTheirGoodGuys

:lol

lockman21 02-26-2015 08:45 AM

Another person said that instead the Hawks should go after BOTH OEL and Yandle.

GENIUS!

lockman21 02-26-2015 09:02 AM

Also, his logic was "because the Coyotes are rebuilding".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFG1NqKzCg

fonzz41 02-26-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15843317)

GENIUS!

I think the Hawks could easily afford to ice a D that includes a top 5 of Yandle, Keith, Seabrook, OEL, and Hjalmarsson. Along with the contracts of Toews and Kane? Easy!

TMoore4075 02-26-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

...wait for it ....

Malkin Crosby Long.

For reals?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15843107)

that poor kid

Dumbest thing ever.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15843193)

Fucking idiot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15843317)

GENIUS!

Wings should go after Weber and Stamkos. That would solve everything.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-26-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

...wait for it ....

Malkin Crosby Long.

For reals?

going to be hard to explain when he's older why he got named after a tandem that only won once.

fonzz41 02-26-2015 09:47 AM

I'm just in a state of deep, deep regret right now for not naming any of my kids Foote Bourque.

Rebecca De Mornay 02-26-2015 09:50 AM

ya in hidsight naming my kid Carter Nash Horton De Mornay wasn't the best idea.

hailtopitt 02-26-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15843467)
ya in hidsight naming my kid Carter Nash Horton De Mornay wasn't the best idea.

#yikes...

TMoore4075 02-26-2015 10:29 AM

see I hid it with Griffin...like the Grand Rapids Griffins....although, that didn't dawn on me until sometime after he was born. lol

bradshaw06 02-26-2015 10:37 AM

If you're gonna name your kid after a penguin, name him after Bortuzzo. Name him Bort.