Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 04-14-2016 06:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16373568)
Panthers and Icelanders seem to be trading blows early.

Anyone watching that game?

I am committed to the Caps/Philly game.

Caps really turning it up as the game moves forward.

I'm flipping back and forth.

aeroshady 04-14-2016 06:22 PM

Flyers are playing much better.

aeroshady 04-14-2016 06:25 PM

Woo! A playoff hockey fight!!!

lockman21 04-14-2016 06:28 PM

That was so incredibly dumb of Simmonds. I can't get over how insanely stupid that was.

aeroshady 04-14-2016 06:29 PM

Flyers got the rough end of that deal..

lockman21 04-14-2016 06:31 PM

Holy shit what a ridiculous way to end this game.

aeroshady 04-14-2016 06:32 PM

I wish I knew...the feed sucks and keeps going out

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16373763)

lol wut??? :freak:freak:freak

barbogast 04-14-2016 06:45 PM

Game one shutout feels good

Just game one though

barbogast 04-14-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16373643)
Is it just me or have there been a lot of penalties so far in these first 5 games?

Yes there have been. Tonight's game was littered with penalties and i know that isn't the first time

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16373763)

I didn't see any part of the final two periods where the Flyers played better, honestly. Really solid start from the Caps. First was rocky, but it's period one of game one. They fixed it. And by period 3 they seemed completely in control. It's just the first game. But it was a good one.

aeroshady 04-14-2016 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16373827)
lol wut??? :freak:freak:freak

I didn't mean than the Caps, I meant they were playing better than they had been earlier in the period. They killed off the 4 minute power play and had some positive offense. Would not have been a confusing comment had you seen when I posted it. I could see how it was confusing to back read it though.

Anyway, Caps played a solid game one. Got the shutout. Only concern would be not generating more offense on the 4 minute power play...and that is not a huge concern.

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 06:50 PM

Great game by the Caps in all facets. Power Play created great chances. Dominated puck possession on 5v5. Penalty was on point. Played a great physical game. Great way to start the series. Only one down though, 15 more to go

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16373839)
I didn't mean than the Caps, I meant they were playing better than they had been earlier in the period. They killed off the 4 minute power play and had some positive offense. Would not have been a confusing comment has you seen when I posted it.

Anyway, Caps played a solid game one. Got the shutout. Only concern would be not generating more offense on the 4 minute power play...and that is not a huge concern.

That makes sense :lol
I was about to say, were we watching the same game?!? :lol

barbogast 04-14-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16373839)
I didn't mean than the Caps, I meant they were playing better than they had been earlier in the period. They killed off the 4 minute power play and had some positive offense. Would not have been a confusing comment had you seen when I posted it. I could see how it was confusing to back read it though.

You're right about the 4 minute power play but I actually thought the pp was surprisingly good other than that. Still their basic look but they had some chances

aeroshady 04-14-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16373842)
That makes sense :lol
I was about to say, were we watching the same game?!? :lol

Haha yeah, no doubt the Caps were the better team.

aeroshady 04-14-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16373843)
You're right about the 4 minute power play but I actually thought the pp was surprisingly good other than that. Still their basic look but they had some chances

Their power play looked great on all the other attempts. I just wonder why when they had a double power play it seemed a little off. Maybe feeling like you have more time makes you slow down the attack too much? Not sure, but I thought they would score on that for sure.

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16373843)

Not putting in that dagger on the 4 min PP was not ideal. Though you're right, overall they got great looks on the PP overall.

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16373846)
Their power play looked great on all the other attempts. I just wonder why when they had a double power play it seemed a little off. Maybe feeling like you have more time makes you slow down the attack too much? Not sure, but I thought they would score on that for sure.

Granted, Oshie should have scored on his attempt in front of the net. I think that was on the 4 min

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 07:01 PM

Caps only gave up 8 shots in periods 2 & 3 #CrazyStat

Wes Johnson is the man http://i.imgur.com/JzbAUyR.jpg

Glad Caps fans stayed classy during the moment for Snider

barbogast 04-14-2016 07:05 PM

Couturier could be a big loss for the Flyers

edit: holy smokes. He's out for the series. Woah

SirBobalew 04-14-2016 07:05 PM

Hi everyone. Back from my hiatus. I'm not backreading. I feel slightly better now. Being a DC sports fan, I still expect us to blow it. I still love you all.

P.S. One person I don't love is the Flyers fan who sat over my left shoulder tonight but didn't have the guts to wear orange so instead wore a black Eagles pullover with a small Iggles logo on the left chest but also didn't shut up for the whole game.

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 07:06 PM

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 1m1 minute ago
Hakstol on Couturier: "We had to go without him for the rest of the game tonight. Won't go any further than that."

I read this as he's still available

Edit: nvm
Flyers Nation
‏@FlyersNation
Tim Panaccio says Sean Couturier has an AC sprain and is done for the season according to #Flyers PGL...

barbogast 04-14-2016 07:08 PM

Anchor dude on CSN just said they got word he is out for the series. Said the info came from csn Philly

barbogast 04-14-2016 07:11 PM

Yeah it's all over twitter. Couturier done for the season

SirBobalew 04-14-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16373856)
Couturier could be a big loss for the Flyers

edit: holy smokes. He's out for the series. Woah

Too late to edit my post. Just saw this. Holy shit.

JRS1386 04-14-2016 07:23 PM

Fucking ESPN spoiled the game score but oh well now I don't have to stay up. Stay sheet shows Mason had to have played solid. Was the Caps defense superb and that's how the Flyers only had 19 shots or did the Flyers just suck?

JRS1386 04-14-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16373871)
Yeah it's all over twitter. Couturier done for the season

Fuck really? He is one of the most underrated players in Philly and the NHL. He should be a perrenial Selke candidate and his offense is starting to get there

barbogast 04-14-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16373886)
Fucking ESPN spoiled the game score but oh well now I don't have to stay up. Stay sheet shows Mason had to have played solid. Was the Caps defense superb and that's how the Flyers only had 19 shots or did the Flyers just suck?

Caps had a bad first but Holtby played well. Final two Caps basically overwhelmed the Flyers, but I didn't necessarily think the Flyers sucked. Mason absolutely played well. He kept the game close until late, really. The Flyers had basically zero offense going for the final 30 minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16373887)
Fuck really? He is one of the most underrated players in Philly and the NHL. He should be a perrenial Selke candidate and his offense is starting to get there

Yeah, huge loss. Came as a result of an Ovie hit but it wasn't dirty at all and really didn't even seem like much at first

lockman21 04-14-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 16373860)
Hi everyone. Back from my hiatus. I'm not backreading. I feel slightly better now. Being a DC sports fan, I still expect us to blow it. I still love you all.

P.S. One person I don't love is the Flyers fan who sat over my left shoulder tonight but didn't have the guts to wear orange so instead wore a black Eagles pullover with a small Iggles logo on the left chest but also didn't shut up for the whole game.

Wait what happened

Climb2safety 04-14-2016 07:44 PM

Good result for the Caps tonight.

Both goalies played really good.

Love Tom Wilson all night, right up til and including when he took Simmonds off the ice for the game.

Johannson had the best playoff game I remember him ever having. Great to see.