Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 04-17-2016 12:01 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
God that beard is so bad, Jumbo Joe.

lockman21 04-17-2016 12:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16376406)
Thank god those hairy legs are covered

It's best for everyone involved.

lockman21 04-17-2016 12:04 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Sorry legs, but I just can't root for any team with Lucic. Fuck that guy.

bartender_man 04-17-2016 12:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Let's do this Sharks!!!!

UCFish 04-17-2016 01:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Good job sharks

bartender_man 04-17-2016 01:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Sharks better not fuck it up this time.

nampahcj 04-17-2016 02:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16376410)
God that beard is so bad, Jumbo Joe.


If you're referring to the pic, that's not Thornton. THat's Burnzie! :cool

kev87lads 04-17-2016 08:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16376367)
Doesn't really matter. I worked right outside Phillie and pretty much everyone spelled it that way.

Then I'm assuming you worked with a bunch of other outsiders. Because, again, that's definitely not a thing.

#philly

#garageleague

TMoore4075 04-17-2016 09:12 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
The way things have gone in games 1 & 2 my 6 game loss for the Wings prediction is now 5. I can't see them going 2-2 in the next 4 the way they are playing.

Brohan_Santana 04-17-2016 09:22 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Caps out playing Flyers in all facets of the game. Believe it or not, but Mason is the only thing keeping Flyers in the series.

Yesterday was surprisingly not a chippy game by either team. Very shocked to see neither team trading shots last night. But Ovechkin putting Schenn into the bench [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trd1610 04-17-2016 11:01 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16376487)
The way things have gone in games 1 & 2 my 6 game loss for the Wings prediction is now 5. I can't see them going 2-2 in the next 4 the way they are playing.



It'll be interesting to see how they come out tonight. They dominated early in the first game but Tampa was able to capitalize on the few early chances we got.

I love the production from Johnson and Kucherov these first two games but other guys are going to have to step up like Namestnikov, Callahan, and Filppula. As long as Bishop is in net they'll be in any game they play but not having Stamkos and Stralman still concerns me for the long term outlook of this playoff run.

I could definitely see the Wings taking this one tonight in front of the home crowd. If we can split these two in Joe Louis then I would agree it probably ends in game 5.

lockman21 04-17-2016 11:37 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nampahcj (Post 16376456)
If you're referring to the pic, that's not Thornton. THat's Burnzie! :cool

I don't know what pic you're talking about, I'm talking about real life. Thornton has a beard and it's awful.

aeroshady 04-17-2016 11:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
A lot of these series are not going the way I imagined they would so far.

Surprises:

Kings down 2-0. (or Sharks being up 2-0 if you want to look at it that way).

Preds getting the upset in game 1.

Malkin coming back and the Pens lose the game.


Not Surprised:

Caps up 2-0 and cruising.

Tampa Bay up 2-0 and cruising.

Hawks winning game two.

Stars killing it.

Rangers and Pens trading blows.

Panthers and Icelanders have no defense and shaky goalies.

TMoore4075 04-17-2016 12:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Mrazek starting tonight. I smell desperation. It wasn't Howie's fault in the first two games at all. Mrazek is gonna need to play like last year against Tampa to get them back in this series and he hasn't shown that the last couple months.

Brohan_Santana 04-17-2016 12:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Sharks/Kings series far from over. If you were paying attention in the regular season, Sharks are god awful at home. Only playoff team I think with a losing record at home. They play very well on the road for some reason. Won't be surprised at all if Kings even up series in the road


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aeroshady 04-17-2016 12:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16376540)
Sharks/Kings series far from over. If you were paying attention in the regular season, Sharks are god awful at home. Only playoff team I think with a losing record at home. They play very well on the road for some reason. Won't be surprised at all if Kings even up series in the road


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, when you have a playoff record like the Sharks and Caps have you really can't count any series over until they get that fourth win.

The Kings are also known for coming back from this (especially against the Sharks).

Lcsulla 04-17-2016 12:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bartender_man (Post 16376449)
Sharks better not fuck it up this time.

Yeah, they can't seem to close a series out against a good team. Series probably goes 7 games and ends with the Kings winning at home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16376480)
Then I'm assuming you worked with a bunch of other outsiders. Because, again, that's definitely not a thing.

#philly

#garageleague

Exactly, it is a software company and most of us work from home the majority of the time but go to the office when needed. Personally speaking when I have to go down there it is a royal pain in the ass, I have to drive from CT, into NY, then cross the GWB, hop on the pike and buzz down nearly to the PA border. It is over a 2 hour drive and all the damn tolls drive me insane - we do not have tolls in CT but we just expense them for those drives to south Jersey. I usually head down Sunday night, check into a hotel, go grab a meal and a beer or 2 then go to bed and then after work on Thursday I hop in my car and drive back up here and work from home Friday.

lockman21 04-17-2016 02:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16376538)
Mrazek starting tonight. I smell desperation. It wasn't Howie's fault in the first two games at all. Mrazek is gonna need to play like last year against Tampa to get them back in this series and he hasn't shown that the last couple months.

I really hope Jimmy Howard gets a chance to start somewhere else. I feel like he can still start.

dmbetc 04-17-2016 02:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
all I want at this point is one win. Please god don't get swept by the Sharks.

JRS1386 04-17-2016 02:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16376493)
Caps out playing Flyers in all facets of the game. Believe it or not, but Mason is the only thing keeping Flyers in the series.

Yesterday was surprisingly not a chippy game by either team. Very shocked to see neither team trading shots last night. But Ovechkin putting Schenn into the bench [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say 5on5, especially Game 2, the Flyers have been even if not better than the Caps. Holtby absolutely stood on his head yesterday for a lot of the game.

lockman21 04-17-2016 02:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16376602)
all I want at this point is one win. Please god don't get swept by the Sharks.

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/sjs-v...e_tab=boxscore

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/lak-v...e_tab=boxscore

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/sjs-v...e_tab=boxscore

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/lak-v...e_tab=boxscore

TMoore4075 04-17-2016 03:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16376600)
I really hope Jimmy Howard gets a chance to start somewhere else. I feel like he can still start.

I think he can too. A little over a year ago he was an NHL All Star before he got hurt. He struggled when he can back it's not unheard of. He started the year strong but lost confidence mid-season but got it back and his team was the one who let him down late in the year.

He might still be here next year if they get Mrazek to a bridge deal and can move Pavel's contract. He's more tradeable a year from now with only 2 years left and Vegas as a team who could get him for free so maybe someone bites to not lose him to Vegas.

lockman21 04-17-2016 03:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Game 3! Doc and Eddie! 75 and sunny here in Chicago!

Let's go!!

lockman21 04-17-2016 03:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Class move by Chicago to have a moment of silence for Ed Snider.

lockman21 04-17-2016 03:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Fuck yes! Seabs!

lockman21 04-17-2016 03:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Well this is a really fun hockey game so far.

dmbetc 04-17-2016 03:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
:hump

Just got back from a bike ride in sweltering heat. Time to sit on my butt all day and watch hockey.

fonzz41 04-17-2016 03:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Hanging with the kids last night, Philly (with a Y) vs. Was is just on in the background. Wife walks in, asks who's playing. My hockey-obsessed 3 y/o replies, "Da Captals (sp) and da... Uh... (Examining the TV screen closely)... Orange Wings.

Boom.

On another note, I don't know why I allow myself to forget how solid a defenseman Alex Pietrangelo is.

dmbetc 04-17-2016 04:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Holy wow, Elliott

dmbetc 04-17-2016 04:31 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Crawford :eek


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.