Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ** Official Railbird Festival 2021 (Lexington, KY) thread ** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354873)

RiotAct 04-27-2021 07:14 AM

** Official Railbird Festival 2021 (Lexington, KY) thread **

https://www.facebook.com/6578860909/...598835910/?d=n

DMB headlining the festival on Sunday, 8/29.

TimHonks 04-27-2021 07:15 AM

Re: ** Official Railbird Festival 2021 (Lexington, KY) thread **

These dates don't work for me, but looks awesome.

DMB, MMJ, Billy Strings, and Khraungbin are four of my favorites.

cincydroop 04-27-2021 07:52 AM

This will be an awesome festival. I live in Lexington, Keeneland is a beautiful area. Killer lineup ending with DMB on Sunday night! I hope to be there!

dontdrink36 04-27-2021 08:33 AM

DMB, Revivalists, Black Pumas, Jason Isbell! Might have to make the trip for this one.

Bjkennedy24 04-27-2021 10:07 AM

Holy Shit, what a lineup! DMB, My Morning Jacket, and Band of Horses are my 3 favorite bands. If I don't go to this I'm an idiot.

WidespreadMule3 04-27-2021 10:19 AM

Damn...what a stacked lineup. If I wasn't going to Bonnaroo the next weekend I'd 100% hit this up.

HoustonBayou 04-27-2021 11:09 AM

This lineup is sick! I will definitely be attending this. Out of all the headliners, I’ve only seen DMB live so I feel like I might be in for a treat!

chadizzy1 04-27-2021 11:23 AM

Would love to go just for Revivalists and DMB.

What do one day tickets for something like this usually run?

dontdrink36 04-27-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17943183)
Would love to go just for Revivalists and DMB.

What do one day tickets for something like this usually run?

it's $155 for the 2 day general pass. I'd assume $100 or a little less for the one day when they go on sale.

uctbcats21 04-27-2021 11:52 AM

got my 2 GA tix, can't wait

TheLastPig 04-27-2021 11:56 AM

Considering going to this but cant make a decision until Peach Fest makes a call.

Would be my first time seeing Billy, Pumas, MMJ, Isbell and Khruangbin.

The early ticket prices on this are a steal too.

chadizzy1 04-27-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17943185)
it's $155 for the 2 day general pass. I'd assume $100 or a little less for the one day when they go on sale.

Cheaper than a DMB ticket :lol

And I get to see the Revivalists too.

Sounds like a good deal, $50 each for two bands I love.

dontdrink36 04-27-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17943258)
Cheaper than a DMB ticket :lol

And I get to see the Revivalists too.

Sounds like a good deal, $50 each for two bands I love.

And you might find some new bands you like too. I'm seriously considering this festival.

chadizzy1 04-27-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17943261)
And you might find some new bands you like too. I'm seriously considering this festival.

That's what the Caravan in 2011 did for me. I found lots of new bands I had never heard of that I started listening to.

jcwalb2 04-27-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17943185)

I would caution that the fees are pretty high - ends up being closer to $200 by the time it's all said and done. But, no stunner there.

This was a pleasant surprise. I booked my first Gorge trip some time ago, and now it looks like I'll be seeing 4 straight shows (Railbird + 3 nights at the Gorge). Dave hasn't played in Kentucky since 2012 and hasn't played in Lexington since 1998. As a native Kentuckian, feel like I need to be there.

Keener 04-28-2021 04:31 AM

How awesome would it be if Jason Isbell guests on a couple of songs and Shires plays some fiddle too?

uctbcats21 04-28-2021 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keener (Post 17943669)
How awesome would it be if Jason Isbell guests on a couple of songs and Shires plays some fiddle too?

Isbell for The Maker feels like a lock but it's a festival set so who knows

Friarmagal 05-17-2021 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keener (Post 17943669)

Oh geez, a fiddle on Warehouse, if that little jem happens to slip out of the song sack? :-)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hahninator 05-17-2021 06:01 AM

Hit Isbell up on Twitter near the show, he replies to folks all the time. If he sees it, it may happen.

Jamima2fl 05-21-2021 12:17 PM

I'm looking forward to this festival sooooo bad. This is a dream team show for us... my wife & I are big Jason Isbell fans, and the 400 Unit will be headlining with DMB on the same day! The odds are in our favor to have Jason sit in with DMB and that is just going to be Warren Haynes level of insane guitar solos. Amanda Shires sitting in on violin would be crazy over the top for me, and I'm excited about the possibility of either or both guesting with DMB. Went big with VIP tickets and arrangements to enjoy this weekend.

ptothec2004 05-30-2021 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamima2fl (Post 17957698)
I'm looking forward to this festival sooooo bad. This is a dream team show for us... my wife & I are big Jason Isbell fans, and the 400 Unit will be headlining with DMB on the same day! The odds are in our favor to have Jason sit in with DMB and that is just going to be Warren Haynes level of insane guitar solos. Amanda Shires sitting in on violin would be crazy over the top for me, and I'm excited about the possibility of either or both guesting with DMB. Went big with VIP tickets and arrangements to enjoy this weekend.

That would be amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcwalb2 05-30-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamima2fl (Post 17957698)

My wife and I are also big Isbell fans, and we live in Kentucky, so this was a no brainer for us. I would love Jason to sit in, but it's possibly Shires sitting in that gets me super excited. Don't get me wrong, I like the addition of Buddy and totally understand why the Boyd situation had to go the way it did. But some songs really miss the violin. God, I hope that happens.

SlateDMB 07-27-2021 08:39 PM

Oh man... this fest is not gonna be easy to get to - and Bonnaroo the following weekend makes it even tougher, but this lineup is all on my tastes. Maybe knock out some of those for sure Roo conflicts here, because honestly this lineup has some power. Love me some Cedric Burnside, too. If only Paul Cauthen was still on the bill - that was going to be great.

I actually enjoy seeing DMB play a festival set if I'm seeing a few other shows on a tour... and even though the chances are as slim as they always are for DMB to pull off anything too crazy the simple thought there is logistical potential for Billy Strings and/or Amanda Shires to possibly make an appearance makes me beyond intrigued.

If I were in DMB's ear at all I would be making efforts to have both Billy and Amanda guest. Just bring 'em both up and play Lie in Our Graves and just let the whole place's head explode with the immense talent all across the stage and what they can do with a song like that.

Maybe it is out of respect for Boyd and that chapter in the band to have not had a singular violinist since he was fired, but to hear the violin again where is fits so perfectly in classic DMB and is truly missed would it probably make me shed a tear, lol. Could you imagine bringing Amanda and doing like a one-off AB Intro and just let her go to town. Or even just a Grace is Gone - it would be beautiful.

For Billy - I know he and Bela are completely different on the banjo, and Bela stylistically is almost a natural fit when he plays in DMB - but even Billy on like a Corn Bread would be hype.

Question: I went to Forecastle one year and they had one or two "late-night" shows in Louisville each night. Were there any late night shows and things to get into in Lexington after the fest?

yankeesguy86 08-02-2021 12:24 PM

For anyone who has done Railbird before . . . do they offer day-of-event parking? They claim to have "sold out" but I'm wondering if that's just them selling out of the early lower price.

I wasn't quick to pull the trigger on parking because I figured there was ample parking available, and I really want to tailgate. Hoping I didn't screw myself out of it.

jdaniel 08-03-2021 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeesguy86 (Post 18002879)
For anyone who has done Railbird before . . . do they offer day-of-event parking? They claim to have "sold out" but I'm wondering if that's just them selling out of the early lower price.

I wasn't quick to pull the trigger on parking because I figured there was ample parking available, and I really want to tailgate. Hoping I didn't screw myself out of it.

Hey send me an email at jcrowe41@gmail.com. I have VIP Tickets and vip parking but am flying there so won’t be in need of them. I’m sure we can work something out.

Hahninator 08-03-2021 08:43 AM

I messed up and didn't get a Sunday ticket in time as I truly didn't think it'd sell out - if anyone is selling one (now or later) let me know.

shafeman556 08-11-2021 08:19 AM

PSA: Proof of vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours of first day of attendance will be required--posted on their Facebook page Friday.

Friarmagal 08-17-2021 06:33 AM

Ugh... I've been so excited about this show but might not be able to make it now. Dave moved his Pittsburgh date from 8/7, to 8/27 and my wife and I dont know if we'll be able to make it to both now. Hotel in Lexington called yesterday about needing to confirm my hotel room, and naturally the work week has turned sideways. These factors have flummoxed my critical thinking skills. That felt good to express, I feel better now. Thank you Dave friends...

Friarmagal 08-18-2021 04:51 PM

It's official. I have two - two day passes, and two parking passes that I'm going to have to sell. Figured I'd float them here before trying the ticket master resale link. Pm me if interested.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e4126cdbea.jpg

Friarmagal 08-19-2021 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friarmagal (Post 18018283)
It's official. I have two - two day passes, and two parking passes that I'm going to have to sell. Figured I'd float them here before trying the ticket master resale link. Pm me if interested.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e4126cdbea.jpg

For sale is everything in the picture, two passes and both Saturday and Sunday parking passes. I think I have $500 in all of it.