Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ***Official Forest Hills, Queens, NY 2023 Thread!*** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=359381)

yankeesdrummer 01-24-2023 09:19 AM

***Official Forest Hills, Queens, NY 2023 Thread!***

As a native of Queens and someone who loves Forest Hills Stadium, I feel the need to kick this thread off. I can't WAIT for this show. This venue should be an annual stop for DMB moving forward, it's that damn good. Only con is that there is normally a HARD stop at 10pm.

tduffman 01-24-2023 09:24 AM

Re: ***Official Forest Hills, Queens, NY 2023 Thread!***

I'll be the first to ask the newb/non-city guy question. Easy to get to the stadium on a train if I book a hotel in Manhattan? May look at trying to add this one because the venue looks amazing

yankeesdrummer 01-24-2023 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tduffman (Post 18336978)
I'll be the first to ask the newb/non-city guy question. Easy to get to the stadium on a train if I book a hotel in Manhattan? May look at trying to add this one because the venue looks amazing

Extremely easy. There's four different subway trains that stop at the Forest Hills station, and it's about a 10 minute walk to the venue from there. There's also an LIRR stop that's about an 8 minute walk to the venue. All in all about a 30 minute journey from Penn Station to the venue via the LIRR.

madpiker 01-24-2023 09:34 AM

excited to check this venue out!

BTCS_JTR 01-24-2023 09:46 AM

Requests are in!

Cscottrun 01-24-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tduffman (Post 18336978)

Yes, there is a direct Long Island Railroad train from Penn (and potentially grand central) straight to this venue and subway options with a tiny bit of walking as well.

Edit: or an 8 min walk lol

Jeff31b 01-24-2023 10:01 AM

This is an interesting little stop. I do love me some New York

ajp713 01-24-2023 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 18337164)
Yes, there is a direct Long Island Railroad train from Penn (and potentially grand central) straight to this venue and subway options with a tiny bit of walking as well.

Edit: or an 8 min walk lol

Another tip: if you do the LIRR route - buy a round trip ticket. Will make leaving a bit easier, at least from what I experienced last summer.

tduffman 01-24-2023 10:34 AM

Thanks all! Talking to my wife about putting a request in tonight!

Perch1019 01-24-2023 10:50 AM

Saw the lumineers here last summer. Really cool venue. I got a feeling this is gonna be one of the hardest tickets to get for the tour.

dmbdreamingtree 01-24-2023 10:52 AM

Queens resident. Woo!

jbpats0823 01-24-2023 10:57 AM

does anyone else feel this venue is way too small for them?

Really hoping I am able to get tickets either way.

yankeesdrummer 01-24-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perch1019 (Post 18337469)
Saw the lumineers here last summer. Really cool venue. I got a feeling this is gonna be one of the hardest tickets to get for the tour.

Feel the exact same way. Only 13K venue. With that said though, DMB is playing 9 shows in the tri state area so maybe demand won't be as insane, but none the less, given the location, it'll still be a tough one.

chumm41 01-24-2023 11:12 AM

Is there really no parking at the venue or surrounding areas? Coming from Milford and Hartford being the next day I would rather just drive then stay in the city and take the train

jbpats0823 01-24-2023 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chumm41 (Post 18337607)
Is there really no parking at the venue or surrounding areas? Coming from Milford and Hartford being the next day I would rather just drive then stay in the city and take the train

Not really, the venue IMO is kind of a pain to get to. I've been quite a few times for MMJ, train takes forever, ubers are always super slow.. and there are absolutely no hotels nearby

To answer your question however, it's kind of in the middle of a residential neighborhood so parking is limited.

jasong 01-24-2023 12:27 PM

Just joined Warehouse for first time. Going to be in Mexico City on May 9th and can get early Ticketmaster access. Will also be in NY for this show. As a new Warehouse member are my odds of good seats better through Warehouse ticket request or trying Ticketmaster? Thanks!

bullet78 01-24-2023 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeesdrummer (Post 18336950)
As a native of Queens and someone who loves Forest Hills Stadium, I feel the need to kick this thread off. I can't WAIT for this show. This venue should be an annual stop for DMB moving forward, it's that damn good. Only con is that there is normally a HARD stop at 10pm.

Away from the pit, you think any seats better than others? Or such an intimate venue shouldn't really matter?

joshizzle3 01-24-2023 05:44 PM

This is kinda insane no??? 13k capacity? This is my favorite summer venue in the city. This show is gonna be awesome. MSG has been a really easy ticket last couple years, but I wonder if the smaller size here will make this tougher.

YankeesDMB41 01-24-2023 08:09 PM

Is the 10 PM curfew still a thing?

coyn113 01-24-2023 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbpats0823 (Post 18337842)
Not really, the venue IMO is kind of a pain to get to. I've been quite a few times for MMJ, train takes forever, ubers are always super slow.. and there are absolutely no hotels nearby

To answer your question however, it's kind of in the middle of a residential neighborhood so parking is limited.

^^^^ THIS^^^^

Ive been to all the MMJ shows there. Its a cool venue to visit once.
Its a pain to get to. Its a PAIN to get out of. The sound is less than stellar in GA.
I HIGHLY recommend getting seats straight back. Closer is not better at this venue from a sound perspective. if you're on the sides... try and get 6-15 rows up.

Looking for a place to eat/ drink before/ after? best bet is probably LIC or Williamsburg, which has a ton of awesome breweries/ bars/ restaurants.

Its an very unique and awesome stadium. I recommend everyone visit once.

Signed,
Semi jaded veteran DMB fan : b

yankeesdrummer 01-24-2023 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullet78 (Post 18338587)
Away from the pit, you think any seats better than others? Or such an intimate venue shouldn't really matter?

I honestly never experienced bad sound there and I've sat all over the place. I do recall the sound being alright when I was a 10 feet from the rail for Dispatch a few years back. Curious whether DMB goes with a full GA, half GA/half seats or all seats. Just be careful with seats on the extreme side of the stage. You won't see much.

donvito72 01-25-2023 08:25 AM

Can someone super familiar with this area / stadium PM me? I have some logistics questions (thinking of coming in for the day by myself since i have air miles and the venue looks awesome, but i haven't been to NYC in 20 years, and admittedly it's a little intimidating - appreciate anyone who has time for a few questions to assuage my anxiety LOL.

ElijahSoRight72 01-25-2023 09:21 AM

Excited for the opportunity to see the band in a venue they've never played before! And at 13k capacity, sounds like no seat can really be that bad. I may just take NJ transit into Penn and then a train to the venue. Will be a long night getting home though!

madhatter 01-25-2023 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 (Post 18339609)
Excited for the opportunity to see the band in a venue they've never played before! And at 13k capacity, sounds like no seat can really be that bad. I may just take NJ transit into Penn and then a train to the venue. Will be a long night getting home though!

Yeah, I'm debating going in from NJ for this one -- could be fun.

donvito72 01-25-2023 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhatter (Post 18339652)
Yeah, I'm debating going in from NJ for this one -- could be fun.

This is part of what I need to know - how hard this is - or if I just look to fly into JFK - it's seriously going to be a one nighter for me.

yankeesdrummer 01-25-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donvito72 (Post 18339710)
This is part of what I need to know - how hard this is - or if I just look to fly into JFK - it's seriously going to be a one nighter for me.

It's honestly a super easy trip if you're coming from anywhere that has an LIRR station or a subway near by. Best suggestion is staying in Manhattan or somewhere on the island by a LIRR station. I'd avoid driving since it can be a little bit of a mess, unless you get there super early and look for neighborhood parking. And it's going to be an early night too. They're extremely strict with the 10pm curfew. I've only been to one show there where they went past it (Paul Simon) but that was because the rain was torrential and the show started 2 hours late.

crounsa810 01-25-2023 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donvito72 (Post 18339710)

Dude, fly. Do not drive from Pittsburgh to NYC twice in one day that's insane

donvito72 01-25-2023 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810 (Post 18339918)

Driving was never in the cards - it's more "how much of a PITA is it from newark," etc. And a few other q's. I'm not driving 6 hours. I have enough points on 4 different airlines to fly there for just the taxes.

donvito72 01-25-2023 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeesdrummer (Post 18339886)
It's honestly a super easy trip if you're coming from anywhere that has an LIRR station or a subway near by. Best suggestion is staying in Manhattan or somewhere on the island by a LIRR station. I'd avoid driving since it can be a little bit of a mess, unless you get there super early and look for neighborhood parking. And it's going to be an early night too. They're extremely strict with the 10pm curfew. I've only been to one show there where they went past it (Paul Simon) but that was because the rain was torrential and the show started 2 hours late.

You think it'll be an early start time to accommodate this?

Also - how hard is it to get out to say...copiague...via train?

dmbdreamingtree 01-25-2023 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810 (Post 18339918)

I have driven this exact drive roundtrip in 1.5 days. Not ideal friend.