Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Gorge Q&A and FAQs (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334123)

greenpeace41 08-20-2015 03:38 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Hey Guys - are there any disadvantages to showing up to Premier camping on Friday? I was thinking about spending Thursday in Seattle (since I've never been to the area) and then heading to the campground mid-day Friday.

ExistenceNow 08-20-2015 03:42 PM

Nothing too bad. They fill it front to back, so depending on what time you roll in, you could be more toward the back. It just makes for a longer walk to the show, but on the other side of the coin, you'll be closer to the food vendors.

You will also run the risk of being closer to District 9, but the walls are pretty high and keep most of those animals out.

jenzzjetII 08-20-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenpeace41 (Post 16108693)
Hey Guys - are there any disadvantages to showing up to Premier camping on Friday? I was thinking about spending Thursday in Seattle (since I've never been to the area) and then heading to the campground mid-day Friday.

The advantages to arriving on Thursday are camping closer to the venue (usually), getting all set up and being able to relax all day Friday before the show, and extra time to make new friends. It's really your call. N0 is probably my favorite part of the Gorge experience, but I'm with a big group and we do it up. If you choose to spend Thursday in Seattle don't wait until mid-day to head out on Friday. It is a holiday weekend and the later you wait the more traffic you will encounter. Plus there will be a line to get in to the campground.

greenpeace41 08-20-2015 03:48 PM

Cool, thanks. Have they announced what time the gates open?

ajc_1988 08-20-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenpeace41 (Post 16108707)
Cool, thanks. Have they announced what time the gates open?

for camping? usually noon

greenpeace41 08-20-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajc_1988 (Post 16108716)
for camping? usually noon

I meant what time do the gates open to the venue before the shows each day, sorry..

ajc_1988 08-20-2015 04:34 PM

i think it's 3pm or so, just depends on how stupid the staff is being that particular day

ExistenceNow 08-20-2015 05:04 PM

Yea, last year Moon Taxi played a set to an empty field because the staff couldn't get their shit together.

tub50328 08-21-2015 02:21 PM

Couple of questions. Not sure if they have been asked or not as I didn't back read. We are checking 2 coolers for our flight. Does anyone recommend how to secure it so everything doesn't fall out? Also, we have premier camping. Are you allowed to have campfires there? Thank you!

ExistenceNow 08-21-2015 02:35 PM

Cooler question was answered a couple pages back.

You can't have ground/open fires in Premier (or regular).

seekupdani 08-21-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenpeace41 (Post 16108693)

We came in Friday afternoon our first year, and we felt rushed on time to get settled into camp, make some dinner, and get to the show in time. Arrive Thursday every time from then on out. You get a whole extra afternoon when you get there on Thursday to set up, enjoy the evening, meet your new friends/neighbors, wander the campgrounds, etc. Makes the entire experience so much more relaxed.

greenpeace41 08-22-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekupdani (Post 16110000)
We came in Friday afternoon our first year, and we felt rushed on time to get settled into camp, make some dinner, and get to the show in time. Arrive Thursday every time from then on out. You get a whole extra afternoon when you get there on Thursday to set up, enjoy the evening, meet your new friends/neighbors, wander the campgrounds, etc. Makes the entire experience so much more relaxed.

Cool. I think what I'm gonna do is spend most of the day Thursday in Seattle and then head to camp late Thursday night or early Friday morning.

Thanks for all the insight guys!

Doofie27 08-22-2015 11:23 AM

Well, unless you're a fan of setting up camp in the dark (it's a challenge) id recommend getting out there before the sun goes down:)

One year on a Thursday (2012) we found a damn snake in our camp when we arrived just after sunset.

ExistenceNow 08-22-2015 12:20 PM

Setting up camp in the dark blows. Made that mistake my rookie year.

Highly recommend NOT doing that.

ajc_1988 08-22-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tub50328 (Post 16109890)
Couple of questions. Not sure if they have been asked or not as I didn't back read. We are checking 2 coolers for our flight. Does anyone recommend how to secure it so everything doesn't fall out? Also, we have premier camping. Are you allowed to have campfires there? Thank you!

get luggage straps, they're only a couple bucks. i think i got mine off amazon. i just crisscross them around the cooler, works like a charm.

i've seen some people tape them, but that's a bad idea, cause if TSA opens it for whatever reason, you run the risk of everything falling out

dmbolp 08-22-2015 01:43 PM

Put coolers in a big duffel. A 48 inch quarter cooler fits perfectly in an airline max 60" duffel with an additional square foot of space available in the duffel.

eliz 08-22-2015 02:41 PM

Both Cheryl and I had luggage straps go MIA last year. I taped my cooler on the way home.

If TSA searches your taped cooler they'll retape it. If some baggage handler throws your cooler and breaks the luggage strap, they don't give a shit what happens.

ajc_1988 08-22-2015 09:50 PM

I've had several coolers come back to me with broken wheels, so there's also that. Sucks.

Afoolsmistake 08-23-2015 12:18 PM

Bela fleck at the gorge!

ProudestMonky 08-23-2015 10:08 PM

Soooo unfortunately my Gorge plans got cancelled. It was gonna be my first trip, now it'll have to wait until next year. I have four Warehouse tix for sale (for face + fees, of course):

1 Premier Camping Pass
1 N1 Reserved Section 204 Row 4, Seat 36
1 N2 Lawn
1 N3 Resered Section 205 Row 16, Seat 1

Email me if you're interested: cacosta@PayByGroup.com

ExistenceNow 08-23-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afoolsmistake (Post 16110734)
Bela fleck at the gorge!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProudestMonky (Post 16111131)
Soooo unfortunately my Gorge plans got cancelled. It was gonna be my first trip, now it'll have to wait until next year. I have four Warehouse tix for sale (for face + fees, of course):

1 Premier Camping Pass
1 N1 Reserved Section 204 Row 4, Seat 36
1 N2 Lawn
1 N3 Resered Section 205 Row 16, Seat 1

Email me if you're interested: cacosta@PayByGroup.com

These are not the type of posts this thread was made for.

First one can go in the main Gorge thread. Second one needs to go in the Ticket Exchange.

aklex10 08-26-2015 04:38 AM

Has anyone ever sent stuff via Fedex instead of checking bags? It's $25 per bag on Air Alaska. We were gonna check 4 bags- that's at least $200 for there and back. I have a friend who works for Fedex and he gets 75% off shipping. So shipping the same bag/box would be under $20. Has anyone gone this route before?

jenzzjetII 08-26-2015 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aklex10 (Post 16113916)
Has anyone ever sent stuff via Fedex instead of checking bags? It's $25 per bag on Air Alaska. We were gonna check 4 bags- that's at least $200 for there and back. I have a friend who works for Fedex and he gets 75% off shipping. So shipping the same bag/box would be under $20. Has anyone gone this route before?

I have not, but I do know of people who have done so. If I remember correctly they had the boxes sent to their hotel in Seattle. But FedEx is by weight so it might not be all that much cheaper even with the discount.

aklex10 08-26-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenzzjetII (Post 16114014)
I have not, but I do know of people who have done so. If I remember correctly they had the boxes sent to their hotel in Seattle. But FedEx is by weight so it might not be all that much cheaper even with the discount.

Thanks much. I think we're gonna try it

chicagodave77 08-27-2015 07:43 AM

has anyone ever camped at the Cave B winery? People i am going with reserved a spot already but not sure how their set up is. Looks like a long walk to the shows.
one more week...

jenzzjetII 08-27-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagodave77 (Post 16115273)
has anyone ever camped at the Cave B winery? People i am going with reserved a spot already but not sure how their set up is. Looks like a long walk to the shows.
one more week...

I do not know anyone that has camped at Cave-B, but here's the info from their website. I assume y'all have or are renting an RV?

http://www.caveb.com/Cave%20B%20RV%2...%20Parking.php

jenzzjetII 08-27-2015 07:53 AM

I emailed both Live Nation and Warehouse regarding in/out privileges for Labor Day Weekend and here is the WH's response:

Thank you for asking this very good question. We have added it to our Customer Support page on the Warehouse website. Unfortunately, local licensing laws prohibit In/Out privileges at the DMB Gorge shows.

WAREHOUSE CREW

https://davematthewsband.desk.com/cu...4-gorge-in-out

aklex10 08-27-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenzzjetII (Post 16115299)
I emailed both Live Nation and Warehouse regarding in/out privileges for Labor Day Weekend and here is the WH's response:

Thank you for asking this very good question. We have added it to our Customer Support page on the Warehouse website. Unfortunately, local licensing laws prohibit In/Out privileges at the DMB Gorge shows.

WAREHOUSE CREW

https://davematthewsband.desk.com/cu...4-gorge-in-out

Well that sucks

jenzzjetII 08-27-2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aklex10 (Post 16115319)
Well that sucks

Not surprising though. It isn't a "caravan". If I remember correctly it is a Grant County rule regarding in/out privileges.

jmorton 08-27-2015 09:26 AM

Being Pregnant at the Gorge

Has anyone either been or knew someone that was pregnant at the Gorge? My wife is going to be 35 weeks (she is due October 13th)

Does the Gorge offer any kind of services for someone that is pregnant?

I know a few years ago I had a friend that had a sprained ankle and they got golf carted from the campground to the venue and got to sit in the handicapped area.

Any info would be appreciated.