Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

coldengrey12 08-15-2020 01:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17769326)
:lol yeah. After the Bruins lost their last game he basically said to the press that it doesn’t feel like playoff hockey and he doesn’t care about the results.

I'm sure it doesn't feel like playoff hockey without the fans

The intensity in the arena is such a key component of what makes the NHL postseason unparalleled, imo

I would rather have this — and there have been some great games! — than nothing at all

But I also totally respect his choice if he's not feeling it

Lcsulla 08-15-2020 01:30 PM

Bo, this series has been relatively close so far despite my unhappiness being down 2-0 The games have been tighter than most would have expected and could easily been a tie series haD the Hawks put away one of their chances in OT Thursday night. Hawks have largely gotten what I wanted - solid D, gumming up the neutral zone, special teams, secondary scoring to keep the games tight so far and Kane getting hot - despite way too many missed chances (how many posts/bars have they hit - 16 to lead all postseason teams so far?) and a rough goal that was crucial at the time which I thought from the replay was offsides (not to be sour grapes, that was frustrating) and a floater Crawford (2 weeks plus out of a COVID infection) just plain botched, one that he saves 99 times out of 100. Series has been entertaining and despite the scoreboards they have been tight games until the last 20 plus minutes of each game. Vegas was supposed to walk away with this but they are having to play harder that I think most would have expected. Hopefully the Hawks can get within a game tonight with last change - and perhaps steal one on the road Monday to tie the series. Would be fun for me and hockey. Regardless, this has been a fun series to watch thus far. Cheers man!

aeroshady 08-15-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17769336)
Bo, this series has been relatively close so far despite my unhappiness being down 2-0 The games have been tighter than most would have expected and could easily been a tie series haD the Hawks put away one of their chances in OT Thursday night. Hawks have largely gotten what I wanted - solid D, gumming up the neutral zone, special teams, secondary scoring to keep the games tight so far and Kane getting hot - despite way too many missed chances (how many posts/bars have they hit - 16 to lead all postseason teams so far?) and a rough goal that was crucial at the time which I thought from the replay was offsides (not to be sour grapes, that was frustrating) and a floater Crawford (2 weeks plus out of a COVID infection) just plain botched, one that he saves 99 times out of 100. Series has been entertaining and despite the scoreboards they have been tight games until the last 20 plus minutes of each game. Vegas was supposed to walk away with this but they are having to play harder that I think most would have expected. Hopefully the Hawks can get within a game tonight with last change - and perhaps steal one on the road Monday to tie the series. Would be fun for me and hockey. Regardless, this has been a fun series to watch thus far. Cheers man!

Hawks looked close in game 2, although not at the start of it. That said, they looked way out matched in game 1. I would love to see the Hawks make it close, but I honestly would be surprised if they donít get swept. Vegas are the favorites to win the cup and to me I just donít see how Chicago stops them.

TypicalBilly14 08-15-2020 02:56 PM

No Tuukka, No Pastrnak, No problem!:bounce:multi:thumbsup

jcc522 08-15-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17769362)
No Tuukka, No Pastrnak, No problem!:bounce:multi:thumbsup

Had some guys in striped shirts filling in for them.

Canes are done without Svech. Hope he returns.

Lcsulla 08-15-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17769351)
Hawks looked close in game 2, although not at the start of it. That said, they looked way out matched in game 1. I would love to see the Hawks make it close, but I honestly would be surprised if they donít get swept. Vegas are the favorites to win the cup and to me I just donít see how Chicago stops them.

Agreed on most of that but the Hawks have been making games out of them and generating plenty of chances. Vegas has just outworked them. With 2 at home facing falling into a virtually insurmountable hole I can see a rev up in energy among the vets and hopefully the younger guys can feed off that desperation and outwork Vegas for a couple 'home games' and make an interesting series out of this. The core and younger snipers like Kubalik and DeBrincat are certainly capable of putting goals up by the bucketload in any given game despite being wildly inconsistent most of the year. Gotta have some optimism man! :)

~Crashintome89~ 08-15-2020 03:42 PM

According to Wysh, Rask wanted to opt out from the beginning but he felt he had a dedication to his teammates, so he went. Clearly his head is not in the bubble, only reason why I see the Bruins dropping down to the fourth seed

DMBstandUP1984 08-15-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 17769365)
Had some guys in striped shirts filling in for them.

Canes are done without Svech. Hope he returns.

Canes suck tho. Bruins should have swept but Rask ďwasnít in itĒ and pasta is annoying.

DMBstandUP1984 08-15-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17769371)
According to Wysh, Rask wanted to opt out from the beginning but he felt he had a dedication to his teammates, so he went. Clearly his head is not in the bubble, only reason why I see the Bruins dropping down to the fourth seed

Yeah they are cooked without him after this series. Great season and probably the last legit run for this Bruins team.

coldengrey12 08-15-2020 05:24 PM

Freaking Darcy Kuemper! Gotta hand it to him

Lcsulla 08-15-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17769326)
:lol yeah. After the Bruins lost their last game he basically said to the press that it doesn’t feel like playoff hockey and he doesn’t care about the results.

Bizarre comments, I was pretty shocked myself just as I am sure many were. If his head was not there I think he should have exited earlier, more fair to his teammates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17769329)

The intensity in the arena is such a key component of what makes the NHL postseason unparalleled, imo

I would rather have this — and there have been some great games! — than nothing at all

This, 100% - we have never seen anything like this virus spread so far, so quickly and deadly I would never ask someone to risk their life (or that of their family) or livelihood simplay to play a pro sport for my enjoyment - and a big paycheck. Gotta do what is right. As for the rest, dead on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17769371)

I get and respect the dedication both to his teammates and to the game - any athlete (let alone a highly paid elite pro) has that drive to compete and comradeship with their buddies. Think he should have opted out earlier though, to me this actually looks worse to his teammates, fans and the game (unless he has a personal issue to deal with) than opting out prior to round robin. His teammates are probably pretty frustrated too for less adjustment time - they will still likely beat the Canes but moving FWD both having the 4 seed and not having Raask is going to be exploited I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17769388)
Canes suck tho. Bruins should have swept but Rask “wasn’t in it” and pasta is annoying.

Their rituals drive me crazy but they are a pretty well built team, not a cup winner at all IMO but COULD make a deep run this year if somehow can they crawl back into this Boston series and certainly next year if they shore themselves up the offseason as much as they can given whatever cap space they will have left.

unccrombie 08-15-2020 05:47 PM

The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17769329)

I would rather have this ó and there have been some great games! ó than nothing at all

I feel this is what I hear every fan in every sport say.

Glad Tuuka said something to the contrary. I know I wouldn't want to be out there either, in any sport. Watching the premier and champions league has been lame.

TypicalBilly14 08-15-2020 05:59 PM

Saw Eddie Olczyk doing the intermission for the Bruins game and then he was gone for the next game, with Patrick Sharp in his spot. Thought that was weird. Just put on NBC and saw him doing the Breeders Cup horse racing duty so he was a busy guy today. LOL.

aeroshady 08-15-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 17769397)
I feel this is what I hear every fan in every sport say.

Glad Tuuka said something to the contrary. I know I wouldn't want to be out there either, in any sport. Watching the premier and champions league has been lame.

Eh, I feel like sports are super important for everyoneís sanity. Safety first, but I believe the NHL got that part right. I was going insane without sports and having them back has been huge to boost my mood. I am honestly used to the no fans thing and it doesnít really bother me at all anymore. I didnít get any less pleasure watching City lose today without fans. It was fantastic. Of course I wish fans could be there, but it is not so bad for what it is right now.

coldengrey12 08-15-2020 07:32 PM

I don't think sports should be back, but I think that the NHL's approach has been the best

*extremely quietly, a barely audible whisper* Bettman did something right?

Lcsulla 08-15-2020 09:02 PM

This is frustrating with all the iron Chicago has drawn since the qualifiers began, 6 games and 20 minutes with 13 shots hitting the post or bar including one in OT of game two vs Vegas and one a few moments ago that Kane buries almost always. He puts that is and it is a tie game after 1. Some tough breaks for the Hawks who have drawn the most iron of any team thus far in the postseason. UGH.

TypicalBilly14 08-15-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17769403)
Saw Eddie Olczyk doing the intermission for the Bruins game and then he was gone for the next game, with Patrick Sharp in his spot. Thought that was weird. Just put on NBC and saw him doing the Breeders Cup horse racing duty so he was a busy guy today. LOL.

Unless I'm mistaken, it sounds like Eddie is now doing the Blackhawks game. He's having a busy day.

BotheLaneFan 08-15-2020 10:41 PM

3 down...

Lcsulla 08-15-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheLaneFan (Post 17769503)
3 down...

Vegas has played very well all across the board. They deserve this lead. Honestly though, if you take away that blunder Crawford made in game one on the floater and the one that appeared offsides in the same game all of these through tonight would have been one goal games including an OT. Hawks have played Vegas pretty darn well in all aspects of the games, I know this series is 3-0 Vegas but I have been impressed with Chicago all over - David Kampf in particular. If the Knights are going to sweep I am happy they had to play at their best and were challenged all over. Exciting hockey.

Roose13 08-16-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheLaneFan (Post 17769503)
3 down...

Great analysis

aeroshady 08-16-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17769567)
Great analysis

Maybe Vegas fans still donít know enough about hockey the break down a game :lol

mthawk07 08-16-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Great analysis

Give the guy a break, heís got the Rona. :lol

Meanwhile, the sweep is on for the Isles.

Roose13 08-16-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17769570)
Maybe Vegas fans still donít know enough about hockey the break down a game :lol

:lol:lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17769632)
Give the guy a break, heís got the Rona. :lol

Meanwhile, the sweep is on for the Isles.

:lol:lol I love breaking Bo's balls.

Roose13 08-16-2020 01:04 PM

Oskar Lindblom at morning skate today. Don't think he's playing tonight, but the fact he's out there with the team at this capacity means his return has to be near. Now that's how you do a feel-good story!

BotheLaneFan 08-16-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Great analysis

I hope you step on a thumbtack.

BotheLaneFan 08-16-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17769637)
:lol:lol

:lol:lol I love breaking Bo's balls.

Theyíre pretty huge. Iíve had multiple nurses comment on them.

mthawk07 08-16-2020 02:55 PM

Three down, one to go for the Caps.

TypicalBilly14 08-16-2020 02:55 PM

Cappsss LOL

aeroshady 08-16-2020 02:57 PM

#NOCAPS ??

Islanders might go on a run this post season.

kev87lads 08-16-2020 02:57 PM

Caps losses are pleasing to the eyes.