Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Gorge Q&A and FAQs (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334123)

ExistenceNow 01-09-2015 06:46 AM

The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

While the fine people of the Gorge thread are more than happy to answer your questions in that thread, it can be intimidating to throw a question in there, or to backread through pages of chatter to find your answer.

So this thread is for questions you first timers may have.

To get you started, the fine people of the Gorge thread, you may remember them from my previous paragraph, put together this handy FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LuU2SQWvC7Jjgk

And back when some of those fine people were probably still in diapers, the fine people of Toupstown put together a whole friggin website to answer your Gorge questions:

http://toupstown.com/gorge.html

If, after reading through all that, you still don't have the answer to the question that is giving you anxiety about making your pilgrimage to the Gorge, ask in here.

This thread is for questions, and answers, only. No chatting. Don't make me get the hose.

gocubsgo3822 01-09-2015 07:19 AM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Which airport should i fly into?

BigEyed_Fish54 01-09-2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 (Post 15749000)

SeaTac is where I always fly in to

madpiker 01-09-2015 07:26 AM

Good call matthew.

russvodder 01-09-2015 07:38 AM

Great idea Matthew. Keep the Gorge Love.

G8RDave 01-09-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

We use Spokane as much as Seattle and fly exclusively on Southwest. If you are just flying in and out without sightseeing added on, it is super easy. It's slightly closer and a smaller airport with easy access right off HWY 90. Flights are more expensive with fewer direct flights, but no security wait, no labor day traffic going East and cheap rental cars.

UCFish 01-09-2015 10:05 AM

Quote:

:lol:lol:lol

Chrisdar1 01-11-2015 05:09 AM

As a soon to be first timer to the Gorge, thanks for starting this thread. Looking forward to getting everybody's tips and advice!

ajc_1988 01-11-2015 05:50 AM

what time do the lots open?

Chrisdar1 01-12-2015 08:32 AM

RV's... Are they worth it or not? Here my understanding: RVs: add another $1500-$2000 onto the price of the trip, can park at both Gorge and Wildhorse (gorge no hookups, WH just electrical hookups), have to dump them on your own, and most can't be returned until Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday...

Where do the RVs get parked at gorge campground (are there RV spots in each level? Premier and Terrace too?). I'll be traveling with my wife and some friends who are nervous about tent camping - I know, I know....)...

Secondly - rate the bathroom/shower experience at gorge (Premier/Terrace) versus Wildhorse....
Any help is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks!
Chris

jenzzjetII 01-12-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15753874)
RV's... Are they worth it or not? Here my understanding: RVs: add another $1500-$2000 onto the price of the trip, can park at both Gorge and Wildhorse (gorge no hookups, WH just electrical hookups), have to dump them on your own, and most can't be returned until Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday...

Where do the RVs get parked at gorge campground (are there RV spots in each level? Premier and Terrace too?). I'll be traveling with my wife and some friends who are nervous about tent camping - I know, I know....)...

Secondly - rate the bathroom/shower experience at gorge (Premier/Terrace) versus Wildhorse....

Thanks!
Chris

At the venue campground the RVs get parked along side cars there are no specific RV designated areas. At wildhorse the RV spots are closer to the front of the campground, but again mixed in with all of the other campers.

I used to rent an RV, but the amount of time that was spent actually using it was so little that it wasn't worth it to me and my group.

The outdoor showers at wildhorse are awesome. Both the showers and honey buckets are kept incredibly clean. The honey buckets are cleaned at least twice a day.

jordanbball17 01-12-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenzzjetII (Post 15753915)
At the venue campground the RVs get parked along side cars there are no specific RV designated areas. At wildhorse the RV spots are closer to the front of the campground, but again mixed in with all of the other campers.

I used to rent an RV, but the amount of time that was spent actually using it was so little that it wasn't worth it to me and my group.

The outdoor showers at wildhorse are awesome. Both the showers and honey buckets are kept incredibly clean. The honey buckets are cleaned at least twice a day.

This is seriously worth the price right here. I've never seen one of the Honey Buckets get gross at WH. The open-air showers are one of my favorite parts of the weekend (looking up at blue sky and puffy clouds in a warm shower is amazing).

gocubsgo3822 01-12-2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Thanks!
Chris

i have a condo so they are fantastic.

jenzzjetII 01-12-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanbball17 (Post 15754053)
This is seriously worth the price right here. I've never seen one of the Honey Buckets get gross at WH. The open-air showers are one of my favorite parts of the weekend (looking up at blue sky and puffy clouds in a warm shower is amazing).

Or even a post show late night shower!

iLikedmb12 01-12-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Thanks!
Chris

I've done both WH & premier. Wildhorse is better BUT the showers in premier weren't bad at all. The honeybuckets on the other hand...

Chrisdar1 01-12-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iLikedmb12 (Post 15754241)
I've done both WH & premier. Wildhorse is better BUT the showers in premier weren't bad at all. The honeybuckets on the other hand...

So is this quote from the Gorge FAQ true? Tell me about the flushable toilets... Are they real or just a myth???

"Additionally, if you camp in Premier or Terrace you have access to real life flushable toilets just like you use at home."

russvodder 01-12-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15754267)
So is this quote from the Gorge FAQ true? Tell me about the flushable toilets... Are they real or just a myth???

"Additionally, if you camp in Premier or Terrace you have access to real life flushable toilets just like you use at home."

This is correct. There are flush-able toilets in Premier and Terrace campgrounds. The ones in Premier are up near the general store and not spread through the whole area, though.

iLikedmb12 01-12-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russvodder (Post 15754300)
This is correct. There are flush-able toilets in Premier and Terrace campgrounds. The ones in Premier are up near the general store and not spread through the whole area, though.

What Russ said. So it's easier to just use the honeybuckets.

Chrisdar1 01-12-2015 05:59 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful...

jenzzjetII 01-12-2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15755598)
Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful...

If you get a chance drop in to the other Gorge thread. Yes there is a lot of chatter, but it's a great way to get to know others that will be in attendance. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've made some great friends in that thread that have translated in to real life.

Chrisdar1 01-12-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenzzjetII (Post 15755689)
If you get a chance drop in to the other Gorge thread. Yes there is a lot of chatter, but it's a great way to get to know others that will be in attendance. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've made some great friends in that thread that have translated in to real life.

Will do... Really looking forward to our first trip out there this year!

Halloween1031 01-13-2015 03:48 PM

I was planning on camping in premier for the shows this year. I can't seem to find any information on the amount of tents allowed on a camp site. Is it a strict 1 tent limit even for small 1 person tents? Or is it as many as fit comfortably on the site? Any help is appreciated thank you!

ExistenceNow 01-13-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween1031 (Post 15759923)
I was planning on camping in premier for the shows this year. I can't seem to find any information on the amount of tents allowed on a camp site. Is it a strict 1 tent limit even for small 1 person tents? Or is it as many as fit comfortably on the site? Any help is appreciated thank you!

You can put as many tents as will fit in your area. We had three in our spot last year.

iLikedmb12 01-13-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

You don't really have a site per se. They point you to an area and you park your car and start unloading. I suggest parking a little wider than they tell you so you have a little more space and stake your claim. As many tents as you can fit they will allow :thumbsup

russvodder 01-13-2015 05:00 PM

Yep. No defined spots. You roll in. park and take as much space as you can before they park the next car.

Or you roll in with a dozen vehicles in tow and take control. Also helps to be friendly with the parking staff. Don't be afraid to tip them (in some fashion or other). They work their asses off for us. Find the parking lead and treat them well.

jenzzjetII 01-13-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russvodder (Post 15760163)
Yep. No defined spots. You roll in. park and take as much space as you can before they park the next car.

Or you roll in with a dozen vehicles in tow and take control. Also helps to be friendly with the parking staff. Don't be afraid to tip them (in some fashion or other). They work their asses off for us. Find the parking lead and treat them well.

Honestly that is true at any of the campgrounds... take care of the staff and they will take care of you.

RiotAct 01-13-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Buffalo :Ricky

twostepr13 01-14-2015 06:41 PM

Can I request Premier camping thru warehouse? or do I have to wait for public sale?

ExistenceNow 01-14-2015 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twostepr13 (Post 15763761)
Can I request Premier camping thru warehouse? or do I have to wait for public sale?

You can request it through Warehouse.

I was declined last year for it though, so that is a potential issue.

russvodder 01-14-2015 06:57 PM

The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Quote:

Originally Posted by twostepr13 (Post 15763761)

I have requested Premier Camping through Warehouse for the last four years. Only denied once. 2012. Found one at public sale.

sneeks76 01-15-2015 09:29 AM

What's the better choice? Gold or Terrace Camping, both appear to be the same price. Thanks in advance!

jenzzjetII 01-15-2015 09:44 AM

Gold camping is new for dmb this year. Liz found this info and posted in gorge thread...

Originally Posted by eliz
Found this on the "Pilgrimage to the Gorge" Facebook page:

Gold camping in a nutshell: gold camping is more for RVs really tents may also be pitched. Camping is on the Amphitheater side, closer to gates. No shuttle, short walk to the main gates instead. Not as beautiful as Terrace camping, no coffee and dounuts, it's all about location closer to the amphitheater. Camp site will be 50x25.

Apparently they do this for Watershed (someone commented as such), so now they're opening it up for DMB. Not sure what the advantage is over Terrace, except proximity.

russvodder 01-15-2015 11:44 AM

Something to add to FAQ I guess.

jenzzjetII 01-15-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russvodder (Post 15765563)
Something to add to FAQ I guess.

Maybe email the venue and see if we can get a description from them too?

ajc_1988 01-15-2015 12:14 PM

Gold camping includes roomier site located away from general
camping, free showers and comfort stations, closest to venue entrance (short walk),
potable water, open space for games, volleyball, etc.

from WH

jenzzjetII 01-15-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajc_1988 (Post 15765706)
Gold camping includes roomier site located away from general
camping, free showers and comfort stations, closest to venue entrance (short walk),
potable water, open space for games, volleyball, etc.

from WH

Orrrrrrrrr we could just read. Thanks Andy.

ajc_1988 01-15-2015 12:19 PM

sounds like a money grab to me. none of those things sell me on a $310 pass :lol

Do premier, bud.

jenzzjetII 01-15-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajc_1988 (Post 15765730)
sounds like a money grab to me. none of those things sell me on a $310 pass :lol

Do premier, bud.

I agree and appears no view which is a selling point of Terrace.

sneeks76 01-15-2015 01:01 PM

Guess I'll go with Premier. Sounds like the big whoop about Terrace is the view.

OneLove41 01-15-2015 01:06 PM

So I'm completely ignorant to how any of this works or what any of it is. Start with camping, is it like a bonnaroo set up? You park in a field and behind your cars where you set up? do you have assigned spots, or just fill in as you get there? Since I'm flying in, do I have to buy all my camping stuff in Washington and just leave it when I'm done or is it provided? I'm so new on this, sorry and thanks

iLikedmb12 01-15-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneLove41 (Post 15765924)
So I'm completely ignorant to how any of this works or what any of it is. Start with camping, is it like a bonnaroo set up? You park in a field and behind your cars where you set up? do you have assigned spots, or just fill in as you get there? Since I'm flying in, do I have to buy all my camping stuff in Washington and just leave it when I'm done or is it provided? I'm so new on this, sorry and thanks

Fill in as you get there and camp next/behind your car. A lot of people will put camping gear in a cooler and then check the cooler. If Southwest works for you you get 2 free checked bags and 2 carry ons. I usually buy a chair and a little table when I land and leave it for a local. Other than that I bring all my other gear.

Edit: you can also rent camping gear at REI. I have never done this but hear it sells out quick so I would rent asap.

dmbolp 01-15-2015 01:28 PM

Here's how my wife and I pack, 4 bags free on Southwest:

1 hardside golf bag case: 10' x 10' pop-up shade, extension cord and string lights for pop-up, 2 pillows, tools for camping

1 62" airline-max duffel: 48 quart coleman cooler filled with stuff, 2 sleeping bags, 4 person tent, small stuff need for camping

1 29" airline-max hardside suitcase: big stuff needed for camping, shoes, big stuff

1 29" airline-max softside suitcase: My wife's stuff, whatever she wants

Then, we both carry on a carry-on suitcase and a backpack

OneLove41 01-15-2015 01:34 PM

So it's a pain... How much to camp? Thanks for the info btw

OneLove41 01-15-2015 01:45 PM

Also, how close is the nearest airport? im assuming I "have" to rent a car? Opposed to gettin a taxi?

russvodder 01-15-2015 01:45 PM

95 general
170 Premier
310 Terrace
310 this new gold thing.

russvodder 01-15-2015 01:45 PM

Gorge is ~150 miles from Seattle and/or Spokane. Gonna need a ride/rental.

check out the FAQ in my sig.

OneLove41 01-15-2015 01:59 PM

Thanks....

dmbolp 01-15-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneLove41 (Post 15766000)
So it's a pain... How much to camp? Thanks for the info btw

We use the stuff every year, so we've got it down to a science, keeps us from having to rebuy or re-rent it every year. Plus, we use a lot of the stuff for other things during the year.

Chrisdar1 01-16-2015 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 15765986)
Here's how my wife and I pack, 4 bags free on Southwest:

1 hardside golf bag case: 10' x 10' pop-up shade, extension cord and string lights for pop-up, 2 pillows, tools for camping

1 62" airline-max duffel: 48 quart coleman cooler filled with stuff, 2 sleeping bags, 4 person tent, small stuff need for camping

1 29" airline-max hardside suitcase: big stuff needed for camping, shoes, big stuff

1 29" airline-max softside suitcase: My wife's stuff, whatever she wants

Then, we both carry on a carry-on suitcase and a backpack

This is really helpful. Couple of questions: where do you plug in your string lights? And do you put the 48 qt cooler inside the duffle bag?

G8RDave 01-16-2015 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15766985)
This is really helpful. Couple of questions: where do you plug in your string lights? And do you put the 48 qt cooler inside the duffle bag?

He blows the fuse on my rental car plugging into a power inverter!!

Chrisdar1 01-16-2015 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g8rdave (Post 15767145)
he blows the fuse on my rental car plugging into a power inverter!!

LOL! That's what I was afraid of!

Chrisdar1 01-16-2015 07:05 AM

Terrace camping passes... How hard are they to get through WH/citi/public?

ajc_1988 01-16-2015 07:11 AM

not too hard, but they do sell out pretty quickly

russvodder 01-16-2015 07:14 AM

Terrace is very limited. I have never tried personally and don't use citi, but for the public sale they are gone in minutes. Consider it the Golden Ticket if that is what you are looking for.

russvodder 01-16-2015 07:15 AM

one of us is right, right Andrew?

ajc_1988 01-16-2015 07:16 AM

i pulled several last year for different people...they were gone within 5 minutes or so in public sale. i don't remember how many got approved through WH

deceit 01-16-2015 07:34 AM

Space bags people. We used space bags last year to vacuum pack our bedding - sheets, comforters, lawn blankets, and hoodies/light jackets. The space bags shrink to about 1/4 the size and we're able to neatly stack all of our items in checked baggage. Highly recommend it.

MikeZimm 01-16-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deceit (Post 15767327)
Space bags people. We used space bags last year to vacuum pack our bedding - sheets, comforters, lawn blankets, and hoodies/light jackets. The space bags shrink to about 1/4 the size and we're able to neatly stack all of our items in checked baggage. Highly recommend it.

You didn't run into an issue of the bags being over weight? I know if we stuff our large rolling suitcase full of clothes it ends up well over the 50# limit? Can't imagine if I vacuumed everything and stuffed even more into it

dmbolp 01-16-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G8RDave (Post 15767145)
He blows the fuse on my rental car plugging into a power inverter!!

Which reminds me...can you bring more fuses this year!!

dmbolp 01-16-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeZimm (Post 15767344)
You didn't run into an issue of the bags being over weight? I know if we stuff our large rolling suitcase full of clothes it ends up well over the 50# limit? Can't imagine if I vacuumed everything and stuffed even more into it

put small/heavy stuff in carry-on bag, like batteries, etc

Check in two 50lb bags
Carry on 50lb

That's 150 pounds per person

LBRAVEN 01-16-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 15767391)
Which reminds me...can you bring more fuses this year!!

solar lights, boys!

dmbolp 01-16-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBRAVEN (Post 15767537)
solar lights, boys!

That sounds expensive, and bulky on the plane

LBRAVEN 01-16-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 15767565)

Not in the least... i think ours were 9 bucks on clearance. We already have in our camping gear, not sure it's worth running out to buy.

sneeks76 01-16-2015 09:24 AM

Couple questions...

I'm guessing it's safe to say if you choose Gold/Terrace/Premier you should in theory not end up in Standard even though it shows it as a possible option unless you only opt for consideration for your actual choice. My worry with that is that I may not end up with a campsite but I would also not want to end up in Standard.

Also when buying Gorge tickets I want to try to get at least 1 night pit, 1 night reserved seating and 1 night lawn. I notice when you leave Lawn for consideration there is also a 3Day Lawn $40 option...what's the difference between that and Lawn $48.50? I guess I'm not sure why it's an option if you can opt out of Lawn for the other 2 nights. Basically I don't mind getting Lawn since it's the Gorge but I would hate to get all 3 Days Lawn if only 1 night doesn't end up with my preferred choice.

It seems the more $$ you spend and the higher you start on the options that you have less room to fall since it would seem the cheapest options are the most popular.

ajc_1988 01-16-2015 09:26 AM

do premier, check the box. win win.

sneeks76 01-16-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajc_1988 (Post 15767688)
do premier, check the box. win win.

That's pretty much my first choice...my buddy is pushing for Terrace, which we know is popular but I figure if we strike out we should get Premier.

Also to clarify on my Lawn question, I'm not sure why it just doesn't say Lawn $48.50 at the bottom of the Preference list when you opt in for Lawn. The fact that it says 3Day Lawn $40 for one night just doesn't make sense to me when you have different options for each night.

dmbolp 01-16-2015 09:31 AM

1) Warehouse probably only has a handful of Terrace & Premier, and probably has an unlimited supply of General. Leaving the box unchecked is an open door for the Warehouse to give you General, leaving the others for folks who checked the box.

2) Put in for Pit all 3 nights with box checked. You won't get all 3, sell extras. NEVER BUY LAWN EARLY, people will be giving them away in camp the day of show

russvodder 01-16-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 15767703)
1) Warehouse probably only has a handful of Terrace & Premier, and probably has an unlimited supply of General. Leaving the box unchecked is an open door for the Warehouse to give you General, leaving the others for folks who checked the box.

2) Put in for Pit all 3 nights with box checked. You won't get all 3, sell extras. NEVER BUY LAWN EARLY, people will be giving them away in camp the day of show

The year I didn't check the box for Premier only is the one year (out of 4) I was denied Premier and got General. Found Premier at Public sale.

Chrisdar1 01-16-2015 09:46 AM

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and advice.

What's the biggest size cooler you can check on a plane? I think that someone (Russ or Austin maybe) had posted a link before (maybe last year's Gorge thread)...

iLikedmb12 01-16-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15766985)

Solar lights!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBRAVEN (Post 15767537)
solar lights, boys!

Yep!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 15767565)

Not expensive or bulky and they work awesome! I had 3 strings last year.

http://www.amazon.com/INST-Powered-S...51PJ7W50K7SZ0X

dmbolp 01-16-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15767751)

What's the biggest size cooler you can check on a plane? I think that someone (Russ or Austin maybe) had posted a link before (maybe last year's Gorge thread)...

sum of the 3 dimensions can't exceed 61" before being hit with oversize fees.

sneeks76 01-16-2015 09:57 AM

At this point I think I'll follow everyone's advice and pick what I want, opt out of everything else and try to get what I want from Citibank presale if I strike out. Thanks everyone!

deceit 01-16-2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeZimm (Post 15767344)

Nope, we accounted for the weight of all the blankets and bedding and stuff, it was just so much less to manhandle when we packed it together.

We used one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Tote...duffle+luggage

Which was a no-frills bag that was literally designed to meet the maximum size guidelines for checked baggage. Then used XL/L space bags packed with stuff mentioned above stacked in there. Worked like a champ.

deceit 01-16-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15767751)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbolp (Post 15767786)
sum of the 3 dimensions can't exceed 61" before being hit with oversize fees.

This guy is right. We used a coleman xtreme 70q purchased from mostly any home goods/sporting goods store.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-70...Cooler/4807332

It holds ice well, has no wheels, and has good handles and a drain port. I bought some luggage straps and ran them under the handles and across the cooler. The TSA has to be able to open and inspect the luggage so they so choose which is why I use luggage straps.

They will make you sign a waiver stating that they take no responsibility for damage to your cooler but it'll get there. :thumbsup

ExistenceNow 01-16-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deceit (Post 15767327)

Thought about this last year but didn't know how we would vacuum them at the campsite for the return flight. How'd you do it?

deceit 01-16-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 15768415)
Thought about this last year but didn't know how we would vacuum them at the campsite for the return flight. How'd you do it?

We used the pump that was used to fill the air mattresses up. Just took the hose off and switched it to the opposite side and sucked the air out of the bags from space.

eliz 01-16-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 15768415)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deceit (Post 15768416)
We used the pump that was used to fill the air mattresses up. Just took the hose off and switched it to the opposite side and sucked the air out of the bags from space.

We use these for our pillows whenever we travel anywhere. You can just roll them and squeeze most of the air out with the zipper end almost sealed, even if you don't have a vacuum.

2GreySt 01-16-2015 08:15 PM

why isn't 'glamping' an option when doing ticket requests? it doesn't show up along the other options (i.e. standard/premiere/terrace/gold).

ajc_1988 01-16-2015 08:31 PM

cause there's not much of it

russvodder 01-16-2015 11:07 PM

Glamping requires direct contact with the venue. I have heard that they added capacity though.

texasfight41 01-17-2015 10:09 PM

I've been waiting a long time to say this....."First time Gorge goer here!". I noticed that there is an option on the Warehouse ticketing request to select "priority" for your camping selection, not just show tickets. I am assuming most on this board probably think "priority selection" is bogus to begin with, but for those who have done it.....have you had any luck with selecting priority for your camping selection? To provide some background, I am a 2004 Warehouse member.

dryden2911 01-17-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

If you forget anything or need to borrow something dont be afraid to ask your neighbours. I always end up lending out something and it always comes back and its a great way to meet people although thats pretty easy at the Gorge.

2GreySt 01-18-2015 06:24 AM

outstanding job on that FAQ google doc. Well done, easy to follow, and provides an amazing amount of information. bravo!

ajc_1988 01-18-2015 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasfight41 (Post 15770159)
I've been waiting a long time to say this....."First time Gorge goer here!". I noticed that there is an option on the Warehouse ticketing request to select "priority" for your camping selection, not just show tickets. I am assuming most on this board probably think "priority selection" is bogus to begin with, but for those who have done it.....have you had any luck with selecting priority for your camping selection? To provide some background, I am a 2004 Warehouse member.

i've always gotten approved for premier through WH. that being said, last year i used premier camping as my priority show. did it have any bearing on my getting approved? no clue. but i do know that premier isn't hard to get during the citi, or public onsale, as long as you are on when it first opens up...so maybe save it for a show. but i'm not convinced it even matters at all

G8RDave 01-18-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deceit (Post 15768414)
This guy is right. We used a coleman xtreme 70q purchased from mostly any home goods/sporting goods store.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-70...Cooler/4807332

It holds ice well, has no wheels, and has good handles and a drain port. I bought some luggage straps and ran them under the handles and across the cooler. The TSA has to be able to open and inspect the luggage so they so choose which is why I use luggage straps.

They will make you sign a waiver stating that they take no responsibility for damage to your cooler but it'll get there. :thumbsup

The stereotype hits home again. Anyone i know from Texas applies this philosophy: "It's always better and bigger in Texas":lol

russvodder 01-18-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasfight41 (Post 15770159)

Shhhhhhhhhhh!

texasfight41 01-18-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russvodder (Post 15770484)
Shhhhhhhhhhh!

Nothing to see here, people. Move along. How about this weather (quick subject change)?

Chrisdar1 01-19-2015 05:32 AM

Tent size: Does it matter?

I think we'll have two tents we'll be looking to put up in our "allotted space." What size tent(s) would be ideal so we not seen as assholes trying to conduct a land grab???

Do the expert campers on this board have a particular favorite tent you prefer? Keep in mind that I'm old and camping to me and the wife usually means a two bedroom cabin with a/c, showers and basic cable...

Thanks!
-Chris

eliz 01-19-2015 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15772093)
Tent size: Does it matter?

I think we'll have two tents we'll be looking to put up in our "allotted space." What size tent(s) would be ideal so we not seen as assholes trying to conduct a land grab???

Do the expert campers on this board have a particular favorite tent you prefer? Keep in mind that I'm old and camping to me and the wife usually means a two bedroom cabin with a/c, showers and basic cable...

Thanks!
-Chris

We have this exact tent: Coleman Crestline 8 from Costco in Canadia. It is HUGE! My husband, at 6'-1" can stand comfortably in the middle, lots of room for our queen sized air mattress and all our gear. We may have been mocked a little bit last year for our gigantic tent (we camped at Wildhorse in a cozy shanty-town of our group's creation, so not really sites, per se) but I think it was just tent envy. It was great and we loved it!!!

dmbolp 01-19-2015 06:22 AM

Tent size: if doing Terrace you want small as you only get so much space. If doing Premier you can have larger tents, claim some extra space.

carph 01-25-2015 10:18 PM

Any advise......so there will be 3 of us this year me coming from California and 2 from Wisconsin. This year they are only allowing 2 tix in pavilion.......I'm not really a lawn person as I am a long time fan and in my 40's ( my time getting pissed on at Alpine lawn has jaded me) Is there any way to get 3 seats together OR is lawn an ok option for us? Love to dance and it seems way too steep on the lawn. Any advise would be great as its only my second time at Gorge as we usually go to Alpine and would usually seek the 3rd person to our row but I don't think the seating at Gorge works well for this.

ExistenceNow 01-25-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carph (Post 15786579)
Any advise......so there will be 3 of us this year me coming from California and 2 from Wisconsin. This year they are only allowing 2 tix in pavilion.......I'm not really a lawn person as I am a long time fan and in my 40's ( my time getting pissed on at Alpine lawn has jaded me) Is there any way to get 3 seats together OR is lawn an ok option for us? Love to dance and it seems way too steep on the lawn. Any advise would be great as its only my second time at Gorge as we usually go to Alpine and would usually seek the 3rd person to our row but I don't think the seating at Gorge works well for this.

If there's a lawn on Earth that's okay to be on, it's Gorge.

As to steepness, if you are wiling to line up a little early, you can get a spot on the terrace steps (natural rock cropping steps) that are flat and have great views.

If you do want to do seats, it's not hard to stub one extra person into two seats. Just make sure you make friends with your neighbors if you try this, because it can be an annoyance to those in your row when they try to get in or out since the Gorge reserves are a bit tight.

russvodder 01-26-2015 07:29 AM

GA PIT STANDING: $85.00
RESERVED SEATING: $75.00,
Secs 101-103 $85.00
First 10 rows of 202-204 $85.00
Remainder of 201-205 $75.00
LAWN: $48.50

RiotAct 01-26-2015 08:20 AM

yeah the Gorge lawn is awesome. Sound is pretty good, and the view of the Columbia River is amazing.

laverwater 01-26-2015 11:41 AM

Lawn or die!!! I do lower at every other venue I go to, but lawn every time at the Gorge (also because we have a big crew). But, I do suggest that everyone do lawn at least once there, as it is pretty awesome to have the view of the river, as well as to look at how many people are there focused on the stage having the best time of their life. It truly is a magical place.

GoldenGate 01-27-2015 01:44 PM

Can any Warehouse members tell me, if you are a member what is ticket request limit for Gorge this year in reserved. Is it 2 or 4 tickets?

Thanks

jenzzjetII 01-27-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenGate (Post 15790297)
Can any Warehouse members tell me, if you are a member what is ticket request limit for Gorge this year in reserved. Is it 2 or 4 tickets?

Thanks

There is a 2 ticket limit For $85.00 GA PIT STANDING
There is a 2 ticket limit For $85.00 RESERVED SEATING
There is a 2 ticket limit For $75.00 RESERVED SEATING

tlbauerle 01-27-2015 06:28 PM

Terrace camping ants! What size tent can we fit on our spot? Or is it better to do premier?

EDIT: has anyone heard if Glamping is sold out this year? I inquired last week but never heard back.

dmbolp 01-27-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlbauerle (Post 15790692)
Terrace camping ants! What size tent can we fit on our spot? Or is it better to do premier?

Want lots of space...do Premier.

Want great views of the venue and river, personal vans to run you back and forth, short walk and no lines to restroom/showers, quiet at night but just a short walk to the party, free coffee/donuts in the morning...do Terrace

tlbauerle 01-27-2015 07:13 PM

Yup I want all those things for sure. But I want to use a nice six man tent, too.

Any grills provided on terrace campsites? I see no fires...but grills are allowed. What is recommended for food cooking? How about for heat at night!