Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

BeyondKnight 07-08-2016 07:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16505106)
Oh, my friend, you are still but a young player in the nhl thread.

Ovie is the king of banners. Everyone knows that. We've earned a ton of them since he's been on board.

I'm just trying to be supportive here. Consol will be rocking in celebration as the Cup banner is hoisted and then he'll have to go back to DC and go through whatever celebration they make of the President's Trophy ceremony. Maybe the dichotomy of the scenarios will motivate him even more this season.

Dramageek 07-08-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16505215)
also agreed on keeping timeouts after icing.
would like to see the delay of game penalty canned though

:thumbsup Agreed both of these. A team only gets one timeout, so it's not like it can really be abused, and it still must be used strategically. And with the team committing the icing not allowed to change lines, after icing is the most logical time to use the timeout. I remember prior to the no line change after icing rule, teams rarely used the timeout.

I understand the intent behind the delay of game penalty, but it still seems like a harsh result, especially when the player usually has no intent of firing the puck out of play. Seeing the Pens commit three in row during Game 6 of the Caps series was brutal (though the end result of that game was not.)

TMoore4075 07-08-2016 08:11 AM

I agree it can be harsh, especially when you know the puck just sailed on them. I don't see them changing it but maybe take the icing approach and say you can't change if you clear it over the glass.

barbogast 07-08-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16506075)
I'm just trying to be supportive here. Consol will be rocking in celebration as the Cup banner is hoisted and then he'll have to go back to DC and go through whatever celebration they make of the President's Trophy ceremony. Maybe the dichotomy of the scenarios will motivate him even more this season.

I can assure Verizon Center will be in full swing for the President's trophy celebration. Will possibly out-rock Consol honestly.

Banner city, baby

hailtopitt 07-08-2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16506489)
I can assure Verizon Center will be in full swing for the President's trophy celebration. Will possibly out-rock Consol honestly.

Banner city, baby

gonna run outta rafter space soon

barbogast 07-08-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16506497)
gonna run outta rafter space soon

Psssh. We'll just pull down the Bullets stuff. No one cares about them.

Of course we gotta leave these up though:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...og/pepper2.jpg

#bannercity

hailtopitt 07-08-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16506540)

#bannercity

:lol:lol:lol

TMoore4075 07-08-2016 01:41 PM

http://www.si.com/nhl/2016/07/08/col...?xid=si_social

For fans of The Cat.

barbogast 07-08-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16506884)

Wow. No shit, I had no idea that she was a chef. I've just enrolled over the summer in a culinary arts program here in Cville. Fuck yeah, Julie Gaffney.

daveshookme 07-08-2016 06:25 PM

Kessel underwent hand surgery today, allegedly for an injury sustained during the NYR series.

Initial reports saying he burned his hand pulling a hot dog off the grill.

JRS1386 07-08-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16507253)
Kessel underwent hand surgery today, allegedly for an injury sustained during the NYR series.

I'm pretty sure he bit one of his fingers thinking it was a hot dog

unccrombie 07-08-2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16506540)

#bannercity

:lol :lol
i totally forgot about those
and the fact the wnba existed in 1998

dpduke5173 07-11-2016 05:39 AM

Just pulled the trigger on 11 game package for the Canes. Pumped for next season. I'm a Hawks fan but the Canes look young and fast. Need to end this playoff drought, getting waay too close to 10 years since last playoff birth.

TMoore4075 07-11-2016 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpduke5173 (Post 16509269)
Just pulled the trigger on 11 game package for the Canes. Pumped for next season. I'm a Hawks fan but the Canes look young and fast. Need to end this playoff drought, getting waay too close to 10 years since last playoff birth.

Awesome. Hockey is hockey. If I moved to a different market I'd probably have done the same. Helps they are in a different conference, at least it would for me.

Wish I could do a small package for the Wings but kid in daycare is like a 2nd mortgage.

Lcsulla 07-11-2016 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16503093)
I'm willing to sacrifice to make that happen for you. Ovie for Anisimov and Kruger, thanks.

Works for me, I think we could find a use for him. Him, Toews and Hossa would make a nice potent first line! :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16504817)
The other is no timeouts allowed after icing. I'm not so sure on that one. I get what they are trying to do but if they want to use a timeout let them use it whenever. With only one per game it's part of the strategy so do I use it mid 2nd period on an icing and not have it later...

I actually like this idea. You cannot make a line change after icing so eliminating using a timeout is a logical extension of that because it allows the guys to get a breather after an icing. Icing is a last resort in a not PK situation so I believe that the team that did not ice the puck should gain a temporary advantage, if only for that one faceoff.

hailtopitt 07-11-2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16507253)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16507333)
I'm pretty sure he bit one of his fingers thinking it was a hot dog

:lol this is the best

dpduke5173 07-11-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16509312)
Awesome. Hockey is hockey. If I moved to a different market I'd probably have done the same. Helps they are in a different conference, at least it would for me.

Wish I could do a small package for the Wings but kid in daycare is like a 2nd mortgage.

Pretty good deal down here. They do a tiered system and it won't be over $86 bucks per seat for lower level north end where away team shoots twice. Definitely going to catch the Red Wings game when they come to town in December.

TMoore4075 07-12-2016 08:20 AM

Oddly enough a players tribune story about a Hurricane.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/cam...mplants-story/

TMoore4075 07-12-2016 12:48 PM

Vegas to announce their GM tomorrow. Bob McKenzie saying "if he were a betting man" he'd bet on George McPhee.

kev87lads 07-12-2016 01:12 PM

Offseason boooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiii iiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggg

~Crashintome89~ 07-12-2016 03:47 PM

I saw our Darren Dreger award winner today at the Flyers development camp.

Roose13 07-12-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16512073)

Probably slacking the fuck off like usual.

Roose13 07-12-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16501557)
2016 NHL Thread Awards, brought to you by Geico:

Vezina: Lockman21. Chris's steadying presence sound logic is an anchor to our good thread.

Adams: dmbetc. I don't think there's any denying that if we were to pick a leader, it would be Sarah. Always there to support, encourage, but keep us pointed in the right direction.

Selke: ~Crashintome89~. A plucky forechecker and shot blocker who does what it takes to get the win.

Richard: Barbogast. If solid posts were goals, Barbs would've broken Gretzky's record this year.

Byng: Dramageek. Has anyone in this thread navigated the waters of internet boards with more pleasantness and integrity than DG?

Norris: Salrx95. In his early career he was more of the stay-at-home defender, but has really rounded out his game this season. Whether on PK or PP, we can trust Sal back there.

Calder: trd1610. Like Panarin, ran away with the rookie scoring title after strong posting efforts regarding TBL.

Conn Smythe: TheLastPig. Also considered calling this the Justin Williams trophy for playoff performance. TLP is not a veteran poster in this thread, but came on hard and strong for the playoffs. We hope he sticks around!

Hart: hailtopitt. He can be, uh, difficult for some people to get along with. But the guy's got Hart (c wut i did there?). No one can deny the strong posting effort H2P put into this season, and I happily award him the MVP.

And don't worry, there's more!

Barry Trotz Award for best cultivator of NHL Thread culture: Kev87Lads. Seriously, this is an important award for the best thread on Ants. We've got a unique culture here, and Kev as a Thread vet does an amazing job of propagating it.

Lappy Award for best trash-talker: JRS1386. Because, who else? The guy's a genius.

The Sedin Award for most difficult posters to tell apart: aeroshady and unccrombie. Their devotion to the Rangers and honestly really good posts often make them difficult for me to differentiate. That shouldn't take away from their overall skill, however.

Darren Dreger Award for most likely to be someone we follow on Twitter on July 1st in the future: Roose13

Happy Gilmore Award for nice guy with violent tendencies: Lcsulla

Semyon Varlamov Award for consistency despite no help from his own team: Swordo84

Dammit how did I miss this again? Some journalist I am

JRS1386 07-12-2016 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16512073)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16512259)
Probably slacking the fuck off like usual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16512312)

You answered your own question

~Crashintome89~ 07-12-2016 09:14 PM

lmao :lol :lol :lol

kev87lads 07-13-2016 06:11 AM

That was awesome. :lol

Hey. Just double checking. Anyone going to SPAC this weekend? I know Sarah the mod is no longer cause she got a haircut and has to work.

TMoore4075 07-13-2016 06:12 AM

Tell them to bust something good out and carry it over to MI next Wednesday. Thanks.

Roose13 07-13-2016 06:22 AM

While you're there, thank them for reminding me how smart I was for saving my money this year with those boring Camden sets :lol

fonzz41 07-13-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16511816)
Offseason boooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiii iiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggg

No kidding. Seems like as good a time as any to do my annual new captains predictions post. Definitely continues the trend of younger captains.

Hurricanes: Justin Faulk
Oilers: Connor McDavid
Panthers: Aaron Ekblad
Predators: Mike Fisher
Blues: Alex Pietrangelo
Leafs: Brooks Laich (I know. But seriously, I think he'd be a good leader on such a young team)

fonzz41 07-13-2016 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16512312)

Yeah boy, get your sig updated.