Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

bradshaw06 10-04-2014 10:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Isles acquired Boychuk from the Bruins

DMBstandUP1984 10-04-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15623886)
Isles acquired Boychuk from the Bruins

That sucks for us :(

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

rustysurf83 10-04-2014 11:25 AM

Isles getting Leddy as well.

salrx95 10-04-2014 11:59 AM

In a movie theater. Movie starts in a few and my phone is going off like crazy. Beyond excited for this. Hope these guys are under contract for a bit. Movie and then dinner with the Mrs so I can't catch up and get on line til later.

For now, it feels like Christmas in October

~Crashintome89~ 10-04-2014 12:25 PM

What did Chicago get back for Leddy?

Islanders making moves, that's nice. Not sure how Leddy is going to fit in with more minutes. But Boychuk definitely gives the Islanders relief on the back end.

rustysurf83 10-04-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15623932)
What did Chicago get back for Leddy?

Islanders making moves, that's nice. Not sure how Leddy is going to fit in with more minutes. But Boychuk definitely gives the Islanders relief on the back end.

I would imagine a whole bunch of nothing. Hawks just need to cut salary to get under the cap.

rustysurf83 10-04-2014 12:49 PM

@MarkLazerus: #Blackhawks RT @StapeNewsday: Official: #Isles acquire D Nick Leddy from CHI for D Ville Pokka, D T.J. Brennan and G Anders Nilsson.

Pokka sounds like he might be a prospect with a shot.

lockman21 10-04-2014 01:19 PM

Meh, would have rather seen draft picks than more prospects, but it works. Leddy and Rozsival were easily the most expendable skaters on the roster. Excited to get this season started now.

lockman21 10-04-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustysurf83 (Post 15623948)
@MarkLazerus: #Blackhawks RT @StapeNewsday: Official: #Isles acquire D Nick Leddy from CHI for D Ville Pokka, D T.J. Brennan and G Anders Nilsson.

Pokka sounds like he might be a prospect with a shot.

Pokka is the only one really worth much. Solid at both ends, likely a NHL journeyman, but has borderline top 4 potential from what I've read.

Brennan is depth in Rockford, if anything. I know really nothing about Nilsson besides the couple of games he's played over here in the States.

lockman21 10-04-2014 01:28 PM

Ahhhhh Hawks sent Kent Simpson as well. Nilsson makes more sense now.

kev87lads 10-04-2014 01:32 PM

Great moves by the Isles.

rustysurf83 10-04-2014 02:07 PM

Hawks have officially signed Carcillo :scheduletheparadenow

fonzz41 10-04-2014 03:23 PM

Solid moves by all 3 clubs.

Boychuk is a favorite of mine. Very versatile in his abilities.

Leddy's not really my type of d-man, but he fills a role the Isles need.

rickyh24 10-04-2014 03:43 PM

Not a fan of losing boychuck at all. I know he was gone regardless next year but team just got worse for this year.

JRS1386 10-04-2014 03:49 PM

Flyers looking to lose a playoff spot to Isles now

dmbetc 10-04-2014 04:01 PM

:lol this is some talent.
http://www.tsn.ca/video/must-see-ant...inging-1.98916

salrx95 10-05-2014 04:22 AM

I let my wife pick the dinner and the movie as usual and I couldn't care less as I am still on cloud nine. For the first time in a very long time, we have a deep team now with no glaring holes in it.

Heading into this offseason I said we needed:

upgrades in net (#1 goalie) and could live with Nabokov or Poulin as backup...
we upgraded both #1 and 2.

upgrades on #1 wing for Tavares and another top 6 scorer...
we overpaid on a combo of guys (Kulemin and Grabovski) to stabilize a 2nd scoring line and in doing so move Nielsen to 3rd line (where he belongs).

upgrades on defense...needed 2 top 4 defensemen, preferably with a cup ring and one who can mentor our young D and provide leadership. We got 2 cup winners.

As is...we have a damn good team with real expectations...not hope. I go into the season not hoping for a playoff and fighting to get it but I know expect us to do so.

And what a guy like Boychuk could do for an emerging stud like Hamonic can't be understated. Hamonic has learning on his own and anchoring a poor defense. Now he has lots of help and develop even more being with these guys.

I don't even care about the missing draft picks. We have several young guys till on the way up that it doesn't matter. What matters is putting a winning a product on the ice and using all that cap space to our advantage and then spending the money.

I know Boychuk was upset about the trade (and screw the GM for releasing that info) but I really can't blame the guy. To be traded from your friends and team that is a cup contender days before the season started has to rattle anyone. These athletes are human and I didn't take it personal as "oh shit, I just got traded to the Islanders". Once he gets here and in the room, I am sure he will be fine. Hopefully, he will really like it here and will resign.

As for Leddy, I welcome a former 1st rounder and good skater who can move the puck and work PP. He is an RFA so he will be ours past this season. Pokka really came on in the last year or so but we have plenty of young D on the way so I was fine with it. He should make the NHL

Easily the best offseason of Snow's tenure. Let's hope it all works out and we can send the old barn out rocking in the playoffs and win a play series this year.

~Crashintome89~ 10-05-2014 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 15624502)
I let my wife pick the dinner and the movie as usual and I couldn't care less as I am still on cloud nine. For the first time in a very long time, we have a deep team now with no glaring holes in it.

Did you let her pick up the check too?

salrx95 10-05-2014 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15624513)
Did you let her pick up the check too?

Yeah right, lol. Truth to be told, we both wanted to see Gone Girl, though, and it was really good. She is a great wife and mother and I'm about as generous a person there is so I don't care. A night out without the kids is rare so I could care less and are tastes are so similar, too, so it's all good.

dmbetc 10-05-2014 09:18 AM

First time since 1980 that the Kings didn't lose a game in regulation during the preseason. Looking good.

swordo84 10-05-2014 11:15 AM

Roster is set, avatar is changed, let's get the season going!!!

(also 10k!)

swordo84 10-05-2014 12:57 PM

Hate to see this, I feel really bad for Skinner. So much potential but he's gotten banged up a lot.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...iacontentstory

barbogast 10-05-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 15624920)
Hate to see this, I feel really bad for Skinner. So much potential but he's gotten banged up a lot.

Was just coming in here to post about this. Watching that game, and that didn't look good. Obviously since it's preseason they'll keep him out for the rest of today, just hope it isn't long term. Canes already lost Jordan Staal, losing Skinner would be crushing

salrx95 10-05-2014 02:06 PM

I just bought Skinner the other night, too, in our auction draft. I had high hopes that if he was healthy, he would pot 35 goals with some ease. Hopefully, it was more precautionary but with his history, I wonder. What a shame.

~Crashintome89~ 10-05-2014 05:05 PM

Skinner is out, man. Did not look good at all.

Roose13 10-05-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Ugh kid is filthy talented. I hope he's okay.

JRS1386 10-05-2014 08:16 PM

I have the first pick in my fantasy draft. Is there someone besides Crosby I should pick? I feel like I may throw up if I select Crosby

rickyh24 10-05-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15625326)
I have the first pick in my fantasy draft. Is there someone besides Crosby I should pick? I feel like I may throw up if I select Crosby

:lol nope. It's like taking lebron first in NBA fantasy. No one really wants to do it.

TMoore4075 10-06-2014 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15624648)
First time since 1980 that the Kings didn't lose a game in regulation during the preseason. Looking good.

They finished 12th that year so wouldn't put too much stock in that. Not saying they'll do that now but ya know..
Quote:

Son of a bitch. He's on my team for this league. Great....

Roose13 10-06-2014 05:41 AM

If not Sid, def Stammer. Or be a homer and pick Captain Ass Grabber