Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 10-12-2018 11:15 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: featuring Gritty, the regular season mascot champ.

and hailtopitt, you're like the only Pens fan I can stand (besides my family) and bradshaw--he's also awesome too.

The rest? That's a big nope.

fonzz41 10-12-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17278236)
I love when classic jokes get called back

:lol Feels like 2010 again
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17278251)
It's been over a decade now for me. I remember fighting a Pens fan during the 2008 ECF.

Is anyone doing the DMB fall tour? One of my biggest regrets is not going down to Charlottesville and seeing you guys, work got in the way, but I just want to say--you guys are awesome, and you're the only reason why I keep coming back to this damn forum.

Anyway, is OMGCG finally classified as a top 250 player?

Same. I don't think I've been anywhere on this site outside of this thread for at least a year. Maybe more.

OMGCG cracks top 250 for me, but barely.

kev87lads 10-12-2018 11:23 AM

I'll be at the Philly show yo. No others for me.

Y'all should come to the Philly show. There's at least TWO of us going!

We have been a weird group for like a decade+ now. I love it. I regret not posting more.

~Crashintome89~ 10-12-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17278127)
Another thing, what do we think the biggest reason hockey advanced analytics haven't really taken off?

Have we not found great correlation? Too much randomness to actually quantify? Not enough time or $$$ spent on hiring departments???

Are you from like 2010?

Analytics have skyrocketed in the past decade. It really started from bloggers, who went scientific and quantified players and their individual shifts. Now, teams are paying a lot more attention it. I believe Kyle Dubas and Chyka from Arizona are kind of the frontrunners in terms of GMs who really use it--which says something because they're in their early 30's--but I think it's become a major thing for teams to analyze players in a much better way.

~Crashintome89~ 10-12-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 17278270)

We have been a weird group for like a decade+ now. I love it. I regret not posting more.

Kev, let's get together either before the show or after. I haven't seen in you in a hot minute.

hailtopitt 10-12-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17278258)
No, it was Joepsu something.

I'm going to Philly, but I'm open to really going anywhere if multiple people from this thread are going to be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17278261)
and hailtopitt, you're like the only Pens fan I can stand (besides my family) and bradshaw--he's also awesome too.

:lol that's fair :thumbsup

i'm leaving philly, DC and c'ville open as options but prefer c'ville...if i'm going to travel 4 or more hours, i'd rather just pay the extra $100-$150 for a second show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 17278270)

would be nice to actually see a product i like on center stage at the wells fargo center :D

barbogast 10-12-2018 11:40 AM

I was going to ask if anyone in here was planning on Cville, possibly we could do another 2016 type thing. That was so fun. Obviously, I will be doing the Cville shows, unfortunately though with the new baby traveling for anything is basically out of the question entirely for me.

Brohan_Santana 10-12-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17278272)
Are you from like 2010?

Analytics have skyrocketed in the past decade. It really started from bloggers, who went scientific and quantified players and their individual shifts. Now, teams are paying a lot more attention it. I believe Kyle Dubas and Chyka from Arizona are kind of the frontrunners in terms of GMs who really use it--which says something because they're in their early 30's--but I think it's become a major thing for teams to analyze players in a much better way.

I agree there have been advances but nothing on the level of the other sports, especially Baseball and Football

But the thing is, the advanced stats aren't taken as the be all end all with everyone across the industry

barbogast 10-12-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17278251)
It's been over a decade now for me. I remember fighting a Pens fan during the 2008 ECF.

Is anyone doing the DMB fall tour? One of my biggest regrets is not going down to Charlottesville and seeing you guys, work got in the way, but I just want to say--you guys are awesome, and you're the only reason why I keep coming back to this damn forum.

Anyway, is OMGCG finally classified as a top 250 player?

Also, the bolded is so, so true. H2P, it’s great to have you back.

Brohan_Santana 10-12-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 17278278)
would be nice to actually see a product i like on center stage at the wells fargo center :D

^^^This^^^

Doing C'Ville & Philly for sure. DC is up in the air but probably will end up doing it as a N0 warm up. Would be great to stand on the ice of my favorite team, listening to my favorite band & look at my favorite banner :lol

barbogast 10-12-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17278319)
^^^This^^^

Doing C'Ville & Philly for sure. DC is up in the air but probably will end up doing it as a N0 warm up. Would be great to stand on the ice of my favorite team, listening to my favorite band & look at my favorite banner :lol

If it’s in any way possible I may add DC too just for another night under the banner :lol

But I’m not gonna try too hard for it. Justifying three concerts in a row with an infant at home is tough.

barbogast 10-12-2018 11:46 AM

Seriously though, if many of us are planning on Cville anyway, let’s do a thing

hailtopitt 10-12-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278314)
Also, the bolded is so, so true. H2P, it’s great to have you back.

thanks bud

i think i congratulated you guys in june on the cup but if i didn't....

fuck the caps :lol

jrkarger 10-12-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

I’m not sure if I should be offended or not.

barbogast 10-12-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 17278326)
thanks bud

i think i congratulated you guys in june on the cup but if i didn't....

fuck the caps :lol

:lol you didn’t. But thanks. I’ve noticed that it seems like while the Caps/Pens rivalry has intensified, there’s also a larger point of mutual respect happening between the team’s fanbases now. Maybe I’m way off point from what you’ve seen, but that’s been my experience since winning the Cup. The Pens fans may hate the Caps even more than they did before, but it’s now a more respectful hatred. If that makes sense. And vice versa for Caps fans.

TheLastPig 10-12-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17278329)

Never be offended when a flyers fan doesnt like you ;)

jrkarger 10-12-2018 11:51 AM

For the record, I never hated the caps at all. Still don’t.

jrkarger 10-12-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17278335)

:lol :thumbsup

hailtopitt 10-12-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278334)
:lol you didn’t. But thanks. I’ve noticed that it seems like while the Caps/Pens rivalry has intensified, there’s also a larger point of mutual respect happening between the team’s fanbases now. Maybe I’m way off point from what you’ve seen, but that’s been my experience since winning the Cup. The Pens fans may hate the Caps even more than they did before, but it’s now a more respectful hatred. If that makes sense. And vice versa for Caps fans.

100% i was totally happy for Ovie last year

the fact that the pens went back-to-back in 16-17 and beat the caps both years has definitely eased the feverish hatred

i'd say the majority of pens fans appreciated the Caps' run last year and definitely respect them as a team (except Tom Wilson)

TheLastPig 10-12-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278334)

Honestly my hate of the caps has gone down after we lost in the spring. Probably a perfect storm after winning two cups then having the team that beat you win it, but thats where I am.

Caps are fun to watch and Ovi hardly does stuff that makes me mad anymore.

Much more pure hatred toward philly and columbus for me personally. I also do have a lot of friends who are caps fans so that probably has something to do with it.

TheLastPig 10-12-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 17278341)
100% i was totally happy for Ovie last year

the fact that the pens went back-to-back in 16-17 and beat the caps both years has definitely eased the feverish hatred

i'd say the majority of pens fans appreciated the Caps' run last year and definitely respect them as a team (except Tom Wilson)

Wilson is definitely the exception, but its good to have someone to hate on a rival.

hailtopitt 10-12-2018 11:54 AM

the blue jackets and the preds are definitely my most hated teams/fan bases right now

excluding philly of course

barbogast 10-12-2018 11:58 AM

It’s funny how no matter what, we all still hate the Flyers the most :lol

jrkarger 10-12-2018 11:58 AM

The jackets have a LONG way to before surpassing the Devils and Rangers on the hate scale. They’re are still at the Cincinnati Bengals level of annoying little brother rather than hated rival.

To be honest that’s where the caps were until this passed spring. They won and now they have a level of respect. Because aside from Wilson they really aren’t douchey at all.

jrkarger 10-12-2018 11:59 AM

:lol @ Barbs :eiffeltower

hailtopitt 10-12-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17278348)
The jackets have a LONG way to before surpassing the Devils and Rangers on the hate scale. They’re are still at the Cincinnati Bengals level of annoying little brother rather than hated rival.

To be honest that’s where the caps were until this passed spring. They won and now they have a level of respect. Because aside from Wilson they really aren’t douchey at all.

i just can't stand teams/fan bases who never won a damn thing and act like they're a never-ending dynasty

nothing worse in sports

fonzz41 10-12-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278347)
It’s funny how no matter what, we all still hate the Flyers the most :lol

:lol We have officially moved on from Caps hate - bring on the Flyers!

TheLastPig 10-12-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 17278356)
i just can't stand teams/fan bases who never won a damn thing and act like they're a never-ending dynasty

nothing worse in sports

I feel like every Cbus fan I come across is either a hockey mega nerd with this kind of attitude or a bumbling dunce that has no idea what theyre watching.

barbogast 10-12-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

nothing worse in sports

It’s so nice to not be a part of this anymore. Not that I ever think I really acted like that, in fact quite the opposite, and I certainly don’t think my team is a dynasty or anything, but winning the Cup was just so damn validating. It’s like getting to move to the adult table at Thanksgiving. Just feels like we’re part of the club now. It’s such an awesome feeling.

jrkarger 10-12-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

nothing worse in sports

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17278358)
I feel like every Cbus fan I come across is either a hockey mega nerd with this kind of attitude or a bumbling dunce that has no idea what theyre watching.

I’ve never really come across any jackets fans so my opinion is influenced by the team itself. And as much as they try to pass themselves off as the Pens biggest rival; they’ve got a long way to go as I said.

barbogast 10-12-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17278366)
I’ve never really come across any jackets fans so my opinion is influenced by the team itself. And as much as they try to pass themselves off as the Pens biggest rival; they’ve got a long way to go as I said.

Sadly, as far as they’re concerned, the Pens are their biggest rival.

It’s just that that’s not reciprocated at all. Which must be demoralizing for Columbus fans.

~Crashintome89~ 10-12-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17278329)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17278335)

No, no, no.

I was speaking collectively of the Pens fans in here as a whole, I just didn't mention you guys by name. You're cool in my book.

But seriously, fuck the pens.

jrkarger 10-12-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278372)
Sadly, as far as they’re concerned, the Pens are their biggest rival.

It’s just that that’s not reciprocated at all. Which must be demoralizing for Columbus fans.

I suppose that’s fair from the Jacket’s perspective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17278377)
No, no, no.

I was speaking collectively of the Pens fans in here as a whole, I just didn't mention you guys by name. You're cool in my book.

Ok! We cool.... except for that last part :lol

dmbetc 10-12-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278325)
Seriously though, if many of us are planning on Cville anyway, let’s do a thing

I wish I could join!

hailtopitt 10-12-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278361)
It’s so nice to not be a part of this anymore. Not that I ever think I really acted like that, in fact quite the opposite, and I certainly don’t think my team is a dynasty or anything, but winning the Cup was just so damn validating. It’s like getting to move to the adult table at Thanksgiving. Just feels like we’re part of the club now. It’s such an awesome feeling.

nah i don't think Caps fans were ever really like that. it was more of a "here we go again" or "here comes another early exit" type attitude from caps fans in the past

kind of like how i feel with the steelers especially in regards to the patriots

glad ovie & co. finally got over the hump....although i wish it wasn't at the pens' expense

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17278377)
No, no, no.

you see the pens 3rd jerseys for this year? you gotta at least like that about the pens. their sweater game is on point

TheLastPig 10-12-2018 12:59 PM

Dont like those 3rd units much at all. Hate the logo without the triangle. Should've just taken the regular uniform and made it yellow the way it was in the late 80s. Wouldve been all over that. These ones look like a knock off walmart jersey.

~Crashintome89~ 10-12-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 17278420)

you see the pens 3rd jerseys for this year? you gotta at least like that about the pens. their sweater game is on point

are you kidding me? those things are disgusting.

Just keep the 91-92 black and white sweaters. Those things are amazing.

hailtopitt 10-12-2018 01:05 PM

you guys are nuts i love those black sleeves

bradshaw06 10-12-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

:hug

Crazy how long we’ve all been around.

~Crashintome89~ 10-12-2018 01:08 PM

BREAKING: h2p has no fashion sense at all

~Crashintome89~ 10-12-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17278439)
:hug

Crazy how long we’ve all been around.

okay, please get a grip, Brad.

bradshaw06 10-12-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17278443)
okay, please get a grip, Brad.

I can’t help it. I get nostalgic a lot anymore.

hailtopitt 10-12-2018 01:11 PM

Sunday gold is so sexy

~Crashintome89~ 10-12-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17278446)
I can’t help it. I get nostalgic a lot anymore.

I get it. We're all getting older. A lot of us are getting married, or having kids, or in Matty's case, becoming grandparents.

barbogast 10-12-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17278412)
I wish I could join!

Plane tickets + concert tickets = voila, you’re here! :)

You’re unemployed anyway right?! Don’t even have to ask for time off!

dmbetc 10-12-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278469)
Plane tickets + concert tickets = voila, you’re here! :)

You’re unemployed anyway right?! Don’t even have to ask for time off!

:lol yes but unemployed means I don’t have the means for the steps to get me there!

Dramageek 10-12-2018 01:49 PM

Hey all! For various reasons, I haven’t been posting as much, but I still love yinz guys!

Yes, seeing the Pens win 2 cups in 2016-17 really blunted the blow of watching the Caps finally win. I was like, “Eh, they earned it.” It was fun to see Ovi so happy.

I’ll be in C-ville for night 2. Let me know what yinz are up to.

fonzz41 10-12-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17278453)
I get it. We're all getting older. A lot of us are getting married, or having kids, or in Matty's case, becoming grandparents.

Not quite, sorry if it's confusing: The quantity of children I have is in the teens to twenties (I forget the exact number), not their actual age.

barbogast 10-12-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17278474)
:lol yes but unemployed means I don’t have the means for the steps to get me there!

:lol :lol :lol oh right

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 17278497)
Hey all! For various reasons, I haven’t been posting as much, but I still love yinz guys!

Yes, seeing the Pens win 2 cups in 2016-17 really blunted the blow of watching the Caps finally win. I was like, “Eh, they earned it.” It was fun to see Ovi so happy.

I’ll be in C-ville for night 2. Let me know what yinz are up to.

I would so much love to make another thread meet and greet happen. It’s very cool to have actually met a small handful of these strangers on the internet. 2016 was fun

Brohan_Santana 10-12-2018 02:24 PM

Are Molson and Labbatt Blue actually popular among NHL players/serious hockey fans?

dmbetc 10-12-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17278515)
Are Molson and Labbatt Blue actually popular among NHL players/serious hockey fans?

Ive never drank Molson, but Labbatt Blue is a regional beer, I think? When I loved in upstate NY it was everywhere, never see it here.

I’m assuming cause those are Canadian beers that’s they are marketed as hockey beers?

I don’t know anything about beer so, don’t listen to what I say.

Lcsulla 10-12-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 17278345)
the blue jackets and the preds are definitely my most hated teams/fan bases right now

excluding philly of course

For me the Jackets are largely irrelevant, honestly the teams I do not like most are the preds, devils, flyers and Bruins - oh and to hell with alex martinez! Hi Sarah! :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278361)
It’s so nice to not be a part of this anymore. Not that I ever think I really acted like that, in fact quite the opposite, and I certainly don’t think my team is a dynasty or anything, but winning the Cup was just so damn validating. It’s like getting to move to the adult table at Thanksgiving.Just feels like we’re part of the club now. It’s such an awesome feeling.

So much this bro, believe me I can sympathize. I suffered through 15 years as a Whalers fan then from 1997-2010 as a Hawks fan before I got validated and moved to the adult table as you say.

I know he is playing well but anyone who think Kuz is a top 5 player is nuts, not directed at you Barbs, just a statement in general - Ovie, Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Giroux, Karlsson, Kane, Tarasenko, McDavid, Matthews, Tavares, Pavelski - hell that is a dozen just off the top of my head.

fonzz41 10-12-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17278526)
For me the Jackets are largely irrelevant, honestly the teams I do not like most are the preds, devils, flyers and Bruins - oh and to hell with alex martinez! Hi Sarah! :lol

So much this bro, believe me I can sympathize. I suffered through 15 years as a Whalers fan then from 1997-2010 as a Hawks fan before I got validated and moved to the adult table as you say.

I know he is playing well but anyone who think Kuz is a top 5 player is nuts, not directed at you Barbs, just a statement in general - Ovie, Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Giroux, Karlsson, Kane, Tarasenko, McDavid, Matthews, Tavares, Pavelski - hell that is a dozen just off the top of my head.

As of right now, Kuznetsov is playing better than all but two or three of the players you mentioned.

EDIT: PS - so is Nathan MacKinnon ;)

JRS1386 10-12-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17278453)

Speaking of which, the Flyers got a new fan Thursday morning. Evelyn Cora is ready to rock the black and orange and bite any babies of other teams

I also won’t be doing CVille this year but anyone who is going make sure you all meet up it was loads of fun. Barbs is not as bad as you may think. Though he may be more insufferable since the Caps won

barbogast 10-12-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 17278768)
Speaking of which, the Flyers got a new fan Thursday morning. Evelyn Cora is ready to rock the black and orange and bite any babies of other teams

I also won’t be doing CVille this year but anyone who is going make sure you all meet up it was loads of fun. Barbs is not as bad as you may think. Though he may be more insufferable since the Caps won

:lol hey I'm a swell fucking guy, John

And a big time congrats on the new human, that's very awesome news. Congrats man.

barbogast 10-12-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17278533)
As of right now, Kuznetsov is playing better than all but two or three of the players you mentioned.

Exactly, I'm not talking about more established players with more established history. I'm saying that at the moment, Kuznetsov is playing at a level higher than just about anyone in the league.

barbogast 10-12-2018 05:17 PM

Also, to complete my triple post, there's a pretty cool DMB thing happening in the main forum. I know a lot of us use this site more for hockey talk than what it was intended for, but I know we also all got here somehow, and it's the coolest DMB thing that's happened in a long, long time in my opinion. Just didn't want any of y'all to miss it.

Chumlee67 10-12-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278865)
Also, to complete my triple post, there's a pretty cool DMB thing happening in the main forum. I know a lot of us use this site more for hockey talk than what it was intended for, but I know we also all got here somehow, and it's the coolest DMB thing that's happened in a long, long time in my opinion. Just didn't want any of y'all to miss it.

I’m pissed I’m not home to download it. I really can’t wait for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbogast 10-12-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17278875)
I’m pissed I’m not home to download it. I really can’t wait for it

I've got it. If it goes poof before you get a chance, I'll help you out, assuming that doesn't violate any site rules. I have no idea if it does.

Lcsulla 10-12-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17278533)

It is early and and Kuz is pretty young. lets see if he can sustain it. His shot percentage is great but statistically Tavares, Matthews and Kane are playing every bit as well. Heck of just those 3 Kane is sort of the old man of the group at age 29 and he is still lighting it up with relative ease despite 2 new linemates. Regarding Mac, I am still ticked he was not the Hart winner last season, his goal scoring pace this year does not surprise me at all - he will probably finish second for the Art Ross to Toews this year the way they are both finding the net! :lol

Honestly though, I think Kuz is a great player but we have come to expect so much out of the other guys I noted that when they do it it is not surprising anymore because they have already set the bar so high.

Quote:

Barbs is not as bad as you may think. Though he may be more insufferable since the Caps won

I never figured Barbs was a bad guy, just a frustrated fan until the Caps won. At the risk of being presumptuous I think if I ever meet Barbs we would have a lot of laughs talking hockey and ants over shots of bourbon!

barbogast 10-12-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17278893)
I never figured Barbs was a bad guy, just a frustrated fan until the Caps won. At the risk of being presumptuous I think if I ever meet Barbs we would have a lot of laughs talking hockey and ants over shots of bourbon!

That's probably exactly how that would go :lol

Lcsulla 10-12-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278897)
That's probably exactly how that would go :lol

Yeah, I think we would debate hockey stuff and yap about our fellow ants (mainly those in this thread) and we would disagree on certain things but since neither of us are jerks we'd end up laughing into our drinks - assuming your wife and kids were home and you could stick around to have drinks until close with an old guy like me. :lol

Chumlee67 10-12-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278878)
I've got it. If it goes poof before you get a chance, I'll help you out, assuming that doesn't violate any site rules. I have no idea if it does.

:thumbsup

It hasn’t been taken down yet, to my knowledge. It shouldn’t be. The Come Tomorrow leak was scrubbed very quickly.

Roose13 10-12-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Congrats brother! Wife and I are trying. Can't wait to introduce another Flyers baby to the thread. We need to catch up to Barbs and his terrible Caps babies.

jk luv u Barbs.

dmbetc 10-13-2018 12:25 AM

Congratulations John!!

Evelyn was my grandmothers name <3

fonzz41 10-13-2018 06:43 AM

Congratulations John! Glad to hear both your ladies are doing well and that there is at least something bright in the world of Flyers fans ;). You’re going to be an amazing dad.

Dramageek 10-13-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278859)

And a big time congrats on the new human, that's very awesome news. Congrats man.

Congrats man! :thumbsup Beautiful name.

And that’s ok. It’ll be just about winter, so I’ll bundle up with five Pens championship t-shirts. :lol

swordo84 10-13-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Big ups! Congrats!

Climb2safety 10-13-2018 10:46 AM

I think hatred of other sports teams naturally diminishes over time as living and dying with every game starts to fade and as red letting sports rule your life.

I do my best to keep it going with Pens fans though. One series and Cup hasn’t squared everything by any means with me. Also, funny how one female name seems to get under their skin so much. That’s the stuff even if others disagree.

I might be in Cville...

Also, baby congrats.

I’m buried in HS hockey. 4 games in three days.

Dannyyankou 10-13-2018 12:49 PM

Well the Rangers suck this year...

pathetic 10-13-2018 01:40 PM

bruins!!!

TMoore4075 10-13-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17279909)
bruins!!!

Fucking love it. Jack Hughes baby!

pathetic 10-13-2018 02:16 PM

hat trick for pasta!!

TMoore4075 10-13-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17279932)
hat trick for pasta!!

This also helps my fantasy team. Bernier might not be working so well for the Wings. Now I need Howard to get hurt so Wings struggle even more.

BotheLaneFan 10-13-2018 05:16 PM

Winning is nice. Wish we would do it more often. I hope this is just a case of needing to gel.

barbogast 10-13-2018 06:43 PM

Was working tonight and had to listen on the radio. Leafs sound like they’re pretty legit. Caps seem to be trying to find their step still. Kuzy still playing well.

Lcsulla 10-13-2018 09:02 PM

Wow, Hawks are the first team in NHL history to play 5 straight OT games to start the season. Great to see that win tonight with DeBrincat scoring his second of the night to win with 9 seconds left in OT. That kid is proving not to be a flash in the pan after his solid season last year.

Congrats to Keith on his 1,000th career game!

~Crashintome89~ 10-13-2018 09:33 PM

Damn, the new DMB unreleased jawn is amazing.

Chumlee67 10-14-2018 05:25 AM

What Mathewson did to Petterson yesterday was stupid.

bradshaw06 10-14-2018 06:58 AM

Lars Eller on the Maple Leafs: "We were just playing against Crosby and Malkin, so everything kind of drops off from there. It's not that special, to be honest. It's a good team, like a lot of others. They'll probably be a playoff team, I would think."

The highest praise from the pens biggest rivals.

Climb2safety 10-14-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17280283)
Lars Eller on the Maple Leafs: "We were just playing against Crosby and Malkin, so everything kind of drops off from there. It's not that special, to be honest. It's a good team, like a lot of others. They'll probably be a playoff team, I would think."

The highest praise from the pens biggest rivals.

Weird comment seeing as they played Pittsburgh four games ago, including getting their ass kicked by Jersey since but oh well.

Caps are slow starters anyway but you certainly can rely simply on emotion to get the job done each night.

Toronto looks really good too. I think they just got beat.

bradshaw06 10-14-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17280328)
Weird comment seeing as they played Pittsburgh four games ago, including getting their ass kicked by Jersey since but oh well.

Caps are slow starters anyway but you certainly can rely simply on emotion to get the job done each night.

Toronto looks really good too. I think they just got beat.

It sounds like the caps were getting a lot of questions by tor media about how great the leafs are. Which is kind of crazy.

Or it could just be the pens are in the caps heads. (Kidding)

Climb2safety 10-14-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17280331)
It sounds like the caps were getting a lot of questions by tor media about how great the leafs are. Which is kind of crazy.

Or it could just be the pens are in the caps heads. (Kidding)

When the caps dropped three in a row to Tampa last year I thought maybe it was a let down after beating Pittsburgh. Thankfully wrong.

No doubt though Pittsburgh is still the number one team in their radar. As they should be.

Lcsulla 10-14-2018 09:53 AM

I do not think that was meant as a knock on the Leafs who are playing amazing, rather a testament to the rivalry that exists between the Caps and Pens which had been pretty one sided until last season.

Climb2safety 10-14-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17280359)
I do not think that was meant as a knock on the Leafs who are playing amazing, rather a testament to the rivalry that exists between the Caps and Pens which had been pretty one sided until last season.

And that’s how I took it.. all good.

bradshaw06 10-14-2018 02:38 PM

Yeah my post was really just to illustrate the respect the teams have for each other.

lockman21 10-14-2018 05:40 PM

Well, last night was something special. What an atmosphere at the UC. My all-time favorite player plays in his 1,000th game, all with the Blackhawks. If any of you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the video:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hawks/comme..._game_montage/

I still believe his performance in the 2015 playoffs is the single best of any single player in the modern era. He was otherworldly.

https://youtu.be/fJRLLhsClJw

Guy completely changed how I look at defensemen and at the Chicago Blackhawks. Probably goes without saying, but the Hawks don't win a single Stanley Cup without him. Somehow, even with all the decorations he has, I still think he somehow is under-the-radar. Just how he probably wants it to be. Cheers to Duncs.

~Crashintome89~ 10-14-2018 06:11 PM

bonafide hall of famer.

Lcsulla 10-14-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 17280617)
Well, last night was something special. What an atmosphere at the UC. My all-time favorite player plays in his 1,000th game, all with the Blackhawks. If any of you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the video:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hawks/comme..._game_montage/

I still believe his performance in the 2015 playoffs is the single best of any single player in the modern era. He was otherworldly.

https://youtu.be/fJRLLhsClJw

Guy completely changed how I look at defensemen and at the Chicago Blackhawks. Probably goes without saying, but the Hawks don't win a single Stanley Cup without him. Somehow, even with all the decorations he has, I still think he somehow is under-the-radar. Just how he probably wants it to be. Cheers to Duncs.

Agreed on just about all of that but I think everyone here knows what he brings to the table and what he has accomplished. The one I feel bad for is Seabrook though. Last night he moved into the first slot in Hawks history for games played as a defenseman and his moment got lost among Keith's achievement. Last year when Seabs got his 1,000 game ceremony it got overshadowed by emergency goalie Scott Foster coming out of nowhere to blank the Jets in the last 15 minutes after Delia went down. Poor dude cannot catch a break. :lol

~Crashintome89~ 10-14-2018 06:47 PM

Nicklas Lidstrom played 20 season and only missed 44 games?

That's insane.

dmbetc 10-14-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17280652)
Nicklas Lidstrom played 20 season and only missed 44 games?

That's insane.

Brown was on par for that, actually less, until this injury.

Alazais 10-15-2018 09:16 AM

Sorry I haven't been around to talk about how awesome the Leafs start has been.

Marner and Tavares have been great together. All 3 on that Line (Marner, Tavares, Hyman) dig for the puck as hard as they can.

Auston Matthews is a world beater. I haven't seen anything like it in my time as a Leafs fan. He's doing all of this without Nylander on his line.

The word is Nylander is still holding out for 8 million and the Leafs aren't willing to budge on 6.5 for the 6-8 years. They may bridge him for 3-5 years and see where they sit after that.

At this point, there is so much depth in the forward group, Kapanen has been great on Matthews wing and is up for a contact at the end of the year. I don't know why they don't ship him off for as good of a D-man as they can get.

Great start by the Leafs. It's really exciting to be a fan right now.

Lcsulla 10-15-2018 05:22 PM

Av's grab Marko Dano off waivers. Asking myself why. He is a penalty waiting to happen plus he is just not all that good. Perhaps a change of scenery will help him but he has never been all that effective. Insurance against an injury maybe?

SmoothG 10-15-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 17281144)
Great start by the Leafs. It's really exciting to be a fan right now.

For sure! Leafs fans unite!

JRS1386 10-15-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17278859)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17279352)
Congrats brother! Wife and I are trying. Can't wait to introduce another Flyers baby to the thread. We need to catch up to Barbs and his terrible Caps babies

jk luv u Barbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17279483)
Congratulations John!!

Evelyn was my grandmothers name <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17279560)
Congratulations John! Glad to hear both your ladies are doing well and that there is at least something bright in the world of Flyers fans ;). You’re going to be an amazing dad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 17279725)
Congrats man! :thumbsup Beautiful name.

And that’s ok. It’ll be just about winter, so I’ll bundle up with five Pens championship t-shirts. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17279729)
Big ups! Congrats!

Its so weird/exhilarating just seeing this tiny human in my house. I know its cliche but her birth is the greatest thing I have ever experienced.

Lcsulla 10-15-2018 06:58 PM

Belated Congratulations John, may all her dreams come true!

dmbetc 10-15-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17281821)
Belated Congratulations John, may all her dreams come true!

* except if she dreams of the Flyers winning the Cup.

Chumlee67 10-16-2018 06:18 AM

Oh geez, Roose, how did I miss that. Congrats!

Lcsulla 10-16-2018 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17281897)
* except if she dreams of the Flyers winning the Cup.

True, there is that! :lol

Though I recall last time they had a legit shot at the Cup Kane ended those ambitions with an OT snipe to win the Cup! :)

Roose13 10-16-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17282040)
Oh geez, Roose, how did I miss that. Congrats!

Wrong John :lol:lol