Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Zoom call w/ Dave Tomorrow (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354710)

theflower 02-06-2021 09:22 AM

Re: Zoom call w/ Dave Tomorrow

Haha. They’re prob just still talking. Sleepover buddies.

Seanieb 02-06-2021 09:44 AM

Apologies for the radio silence! 30 minutes is a long time (although I blinked and it was over), and I wanted to process it a bit before putting pen to paper (err, fingers to keyboard). Also, I'm doing some research to make sure I'm not leaking anything about the new album (yes, it came up unprompted). I will also err on the side of caution if my intuition leads me to believe there are some things that should stay on the call (eg. family stuff etc.).

Here's a quick lil' something so I'm not being a total :devil

Once we settled in (about 10 mins in) I asked him about his songwriting process for some earlier songs (thank you to whoever recommended this!). He talked about the origins of I'll Back You Up (some new stuff I hadn't heard), Ants Marching (a story I had never heard, which was one of the coolest moments), Satellite (things I hadn't heard), along with some songwriting concepts that he's used quite a bit. My jaw nearly hit the floor when he reached for his guitar to play through some of the things he was talking about :eek

Alrighty then, that should tide you over and I'll get the full write up out Monday night!

P.S. My instinct is being on the call will FAR exceed the experience of reading about it (obvs), so please keep expectations low. The shining light was of course my mother's presence, and Dave's genuine approach, candor, and realness. It kind of floored me, like there was this element of trust and he was incredibly forthcoming. So if expanding on anything I said above might violate that, please let me know (hi mods :thumbsup).

Lee3691 02-06-2021 09:46 AM

Thanks Sean for sharing!

sean52692 02-06-2021 09:46 AM

Nice. Excited that you had that very unique opportunity.

Whiteyxc514 02-06-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanieb (Post 17889933)
Apologies for the radio silence! 30 minutes is a long time (although I blinked and it was over), and I wanted to process it a bit before putting pen to paper (err, fingers to keyboard). Also, I'm doing some research to make sure I'm not leaking anything about the new album (yes, it came up unprompted). I will also err on the side of caution if my intuition leads me to believe there are some things that should stay on the call (eg. family stuff etc.).

Once we settled in (about 10 mins in) I asked him about his songwriting process for some earlier songs (thank you to whoever recommended this!). He talked about the origins of I'll Back You Up (some new stuff I hadn't heard), Ants Marching (a story I had never heard, which was one of the coolest moments), Satellite (things I hadn't heard), along with some songwriting concepts that he's used quite a bit. My jaw nearly hit the floor when he reached for his guitar to play through some of the things he was talking about :eek

Alrighty then, that should tide you over and I'll get the full write up out Monday night!

P.S. My instinct is being on the call will FAR exceed the experience of reading about it (obvs), so please keep expectations low. The shining light was of course my mother's presence, and Dave's genuine approach, candor, and realness. It kind of floored me, like there was this element of trust and he was incredibly forthcoming. So if expanding on anything I said above might violate that, please let me know (hi mods :thumbsup).

So cool. Thanks for sharing. What a treat to be able to enjoy that with your mother, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djamieb 02-06-2021 11:01 AM

That's so cool, @Seanieb!! Thanks for sharing a few tidbits with us. I'm glad you got to experience that and I'm thrilled for you that it exceeded your expectations. Looking forward to hearing whatever else you want to share with us, especially anything Dave shared about new music coming soon, but thanks for posting a quick recap here already - that was thoughtful of ya'! :thumbsup

dpduke5173 02-06-2021 11:35 AM

Thanks for sharing. Sounds as cool as one would hope it would be.

dontdrink36 02-06-2021 06:21 PM

So cool, man! Can't wait to read the full write up

ExistenceNow 02-06-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Well, I don't think you would be violating any of our rules that I know of if you share the content of the call. You may violate the terms you agreed to when you won it with your donation, but that's between you and the charity/dmb management.

I hope you recorded it for yourself, though if you did, I probably wouldn't post that. Again though, that's up to you.

I'm really happy for you that it was a great experience.

daveindyman 02-07-2021 06:51 AM

Quote:

So cool.... looking forward to the full write-up! Congrats again!

jmkratt 02-07-2021 06:55 AM

Yeah man that’s awesome! Looking forward to hearing more!

Tomacco 02-08-2021 06:48 PM

Any more info about the call?

Seanieb 02-08-2021 07:05 PM

Gonna need an extra day, sorry about that

TypicalBilly14 02-08-2021 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanieb (Post 17891873)

take your time.

scottpr 02-09-2021 05:44 AM

Quote:

The shining light was of course my mother's presence, and Dave's genuine approach, candor, and realness. It kind of floored me, like there was this element of trust and he was incredibly forthcoming. So if expanding on anything I said above might violate that, please let me know (hi mods :thumbsup).

Very cool experience. I always tell friends, and they learned, just say hi and let him talk :). He's incredibly honest, open, and friendly.

OneSweetMonkey 02-09-2021 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanieb (Post 17891873)

Very cool of you to keep us updated.

Looking forward to your story.

Route_2 02-09-2021 09:57 AM

Did he release the transcript? I heard it was a perfect call, many people are saying.

HonestDenver1 02-09-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Route_2 (Post 17892364)
Did he release the transcript? I heard it was a perfect call, many people are saying.

Yes many people that were there are saying it was a perfect call. The setlist was off the hook too.

Bearclaw_ 02-09-2021 12:38 PM

First time playing Machead. Unreal.

Simm0nS 02-10-2021 06:18 AM

Still no update?! Would love to hear if Dave shared any new album news.

ToySoldier#34 02-10-2021 06:45 AM

Quote:

What an amazing experience, bold was me, it's great that he was so down to Earth and willing to explain and show you his perspective as opposed to just giving short generic answers :thumbsup

blaise34 02-10-2021 06:50 AM

Absolutely amazing 🙂

DMBCardinal 02-10-2021 03:22 PM

I'm anticipating the longest post in Ants history. That, or the op forgot about us crazy ants. I don't think I'm the only one hopeful for info on the new album.

Tomacco 02-10-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCardinal (Post 17893553)
I'm anticipating the longest post in Ants history. That, or the op forgot about us crazy ants. I don't think I'm the only one hopeful for info on the new album.

Yeah. During lockdown there’s not much to look forward to. Starting to feel a bit baited by this thread.

Arby 02-10-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Very cool! Im jealous of your opportunity.

I think its fair to say the quality of Dave's music has ebbed and flowed, but what's never changed is just how fucking cool of a dude he is. Just a class act, humble, funny, great guy.:thumbsup

Dodo36 02-11-2021 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomacco (Post 17893584)
Yeah. During lockdown there’s not much to look forward to. Starting to feel a bit baited by this thread.

Ah, I see swell with anticip--

Cscottrun 02-11-2021 11:16 AM

Soooo???

Dagwin 02-11-2021 11:22 AM

Yeah... Talk about leavin' some mfer's hangin'!

theflower 02-11-2021 11:38 AM

this thread is a slow wet fart.

Aforauer 02-11-2021 11:45 AM

We def all got punked and there was no zoom meeting

coldengrey12 02-11-2021 12:08 PM

It would be awesome and disappointing if we all got Punk'd

Route_2 02-11-2021 12:21 PM

If there was no meeting he should at least come back and make up some fan fiction for us.

ToySoldier#34 02-11-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aforauer (Post 17894061)
We def all got punked and there was no zoom meeting

I wouldn't even be upset, just amazingly well played

Speilmen230 02-11-2021 12:46 PM

Def got played.

Dodo36 02-11-2021 01:13 PM

Give the man a minute. Just because we are all bored AF doesn't mean he has nothing else going on in his life. If there's nothing by the end of the weeknd, then assume he's the GOAT of pandemic rickrolling.

prdstmnky36 02-11-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodo36 (Post 17894121)
Give the man a minute. Just because we are all bored AF doesn't mean he has nothing else going on in his life. If there's nothing by the end of the weeknd, then assume he's the GOAT of pandemic rickrolling.

The OP is the one that put a time frame on a response.

Alexis17 02-11-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 (Post 17894128)
The OP is the one that put a time frame on a response.

yeah but it's not like a work deadline...

prdstmnky36 02-11-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexis17 (Post 17894146)
yeah but it's not like a work deadline...

Of course not, but when you say that you’ll post something Monday, it’s gonna make people wonder when you haven’t done so on Friday.

theflower 02-11-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 (Post 17894147)
Of course not, but when you say that you’ll post something Monday, it’s gonna make people wonder when you haven’t done so on Friday.

i just picture OP still refining a masterpiece post.

Route_2 02-11-2021 02:28 PM

This will be the War & Peace of Dave Matthews Zoom call stories.

dontdrink36 02-11-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Route_2 (Post 17894186)
This will be the War & Peace of Dave Matthews Zoom call stories.

More like Winds of Winter

theflower 02-11-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17894187)
More like Winds of Winter

what is that? That'd be a sweet album title.

dontdrink36 02-11-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theflower (Post 17894192)
what is that? That'd be a sweet album title.

Its the next book in the A Song of Ice and Fire Saga that Game of Thrones is based on by George RR Martin. He has been writing the book for a decade with no end in sight.

eggsrsweet 02-11-2021 02:37 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284071033185

I found the ebay posting for this lol... 11k is kinda wild but it goes to a good cause. I know it says only 30min and OP did say they talked for 30 min but I hope it was Dave who wrapped up the call and not you, OP. If anyone would be willing to stay on a little longer, I'm sure Dave would; he likes to talk and ramble lol. I've had the opportunity to interview a famous person over the phone once and it was scheduled to be a 30min call but it ended up being close to an hour. We were really hitting it off though so I kept it going; if I could tell they didn't want to keep talking, I would've wrapped it up.

davetripping02 02-11-2021 03:07 PM

We got Rick rolled

Sniper15 02-11-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggsrsweet (Post 17894200)

I found the ebay posting for this lol... 11k is kinda wild but it goes to a good cause. I know it says only 30min and OP did say they talked for 30 min but I hope it was Dave who wrapped up the call and not you, OP. If anyone would be willing to stay on a little longer, I'm sure Dave would; he likes to talk and ramble lol. I've had the opportunity to interview a famous person over the phone once and it was scheduled to be a 30min call but it ended up being close to an hour. We were really hitting it off though so I kept it going; if I could tell they didn't want to keep talking, I would've wrapped it up.

Who was it? You might as well share your story since it might be awhile until the OP shares his

Speilmen230 02-11-2021 03:25 PM

OP spent 11k? Jesus Christ.

sean52692 02-11-2021 05:29 PM

That's like $50 per word

TypicalBilly14 02-11-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggsrsweet (Post 17894200)

sounds like even Dave's convo's have jam sessions.

joeyray34 02-11-2021 06:25 PM

Maybe his mom will post a recap?

Dagwin 02-11-2021 07:02 PM

Dude must still be going over everything with his lawyer. He just wants to make sure he gets the call transcript right. After all, transcribing a perfect call can be time consuming! And Giuliani likes to cross his T's and dot his I's.

RiotAct 02-11-2021 07:39 PM

I demand answers, OP.

Route_2 02-11-2021 08:19 PM

He's probably just going to release a summary of the transcript but still refer to as the transcript.

Xcacel 02-11-2021 10:29 PM

Zoom call w/ Dave Tomorrow

My first (cinic) though after I saw this post was that it was all made up. People are strange, used to sing Jim Morrison, so I wouldn’t wonder if someone makes this use of their free time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanieb (Post 17889451)
Thank you all for chiming in, I really appreciate it! Call is in 2 hours, still surreal, and the fact I get to share this with my mom (77, been to 20 shows, including a Gorge run), makes this pure magic :)

I love you guys, and no, I'm not going to act like a journalist.

Quote:

But reading the other messages of Seanieb I have changed my mind. The number of details (the number of the shows attended from the mum) made it more credible to me, unless it is like the commode story of reservoir dogs.
Why also bothering in giving a quite detailed description of the talk? The words used to describe the conversation “Dave's genuine approach, candor, and realness “ are unlikely belonging to the vocabulary of a joker, and also the care for not violating Dave personal info.

I also went back to previous post by Seanieb, he is not the most active member ever, and that explain the silence, but his post were quite appropriate, nothing that would make you think of a suspect profile.

All of that - plus my instinct - make me guess it is not a fake, more than the fact that an eBay bid did actually exist (that could have just been the seed to make the post). I am not Sherlock, and I don’t know if we’ll ever get more details of the call, but I think that the call actually happened.

PS I wouldn’t spend more that 100$ for a call with God, but that’s not my money.

Dagwin 02-12-2021 12:24 AM

Dave should set up a 900# during the pandemic! $1,000 for the first minute. $299.99 each additional minute! If you're reading this Mr. Matthews, I want my cut! Oh, and you're welcome.

ExistenceNow 02-12-2021 12:30 AM

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would expect Dave to tell a random charity auction winner secret album info. Do y'all still believe in Santa?

I see no reason to believe the OP made it up. More likely, he's not a regular poster and the call really wasn't all that interesting to anyone other than the person experiencing it. Tha fuck is wrong with y'all?

tyler3440 02-12-2021 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17894437)
I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would expect Dave to tell a random charity auction winner secret album info. Do y'all still believe in Santa?

I see no reason to believe the OP made it up. More likely, he's not a regular poster and the call really wasn't all that interesting to anyone other than the person experiencing it. Tha fuck is wrong with y'all?

Welcome to a dmb message board. It’s been almost full year without a show, and for most of us almost two years. This fanbase is hungry as fuck.

With the amount of fake claims over the years, does it surprise you that someone would doubt the op? I’m not saying op is lying at all. I’m sure it happened. I’m just saying that a user or two having doubt isn’t surprising.

This is not a place for sanity my man. This is Ants.

Tomacco 02-12-2021 05:42 AM

Yeah I don’t think he made it up either, but we have been duped here so many times that nobody could be blamed for being skeptical about any info shared here.

Xcacel 02-12-2021 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 17894438)
This is not a place for sanity my man. This is Ants.

That’s a fantastic quote. Even better than the movie.

https://u.teknik.io/8iQGx.jpeg

Dodo36 02-12-2021 06:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 17894438)
Welcome to a dmb message board.

Oh the riotous laughter of someone fansplaining a DMB message board to a Mod :popcorn

K270 02-12-2021 07:15 AM

I say lets give this person a chance. Just because (s)he didn't come back when (s)he said they would, doesn't mean we were duped. Life happens! And believe it or not, there is life beyond a DMB message board.

DMBCardinal 02-12-2021 07:17 AM

Quote:

He said in his follow up that the new album came up in discussion. So, are we supposed to believe the OP or not?

Foreverford05 02-12-2021 07:27 AM

Who knows, they might be still talking.

Simm0nS 02-12-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

No one is saying he's gonna spill secret album info, but Dave has been known to open up in small intimate interviews like this. Even tiny tidbits straight from the source would be cool to hear.

TypicalBilly14 02-12-2021 08:14 AM

Maybe the OP is Butch and he's angling to get back in with the band?

Route_2 02-12-2021 08:46 AM

I thought we were all just cracking jokes to kill time. Why so serious?

Scootlebug 02-12-2021 09:25 AM

Also important to note....the dude spent $11k to have a phone call with Dave. The people I know who have that type of cash are typically important in some capacity (e.g. doctors, executives, etc.). They might have other responsibilities that take precedent over AM.org.

dontdrink36 02-12-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scootlebug (Post 17894648)
Also important to note....the dude spent $11k to have a phone call with Dave. The people I know who have that type of cash are typically important in some capacity (e.g. doctors, executives, etc.). They might have other responsibilities that take precedent over AM.org.

Are we sure he won the ebay thing? He mentioned some charity for troops. I hope he returns will more details but if he doesn't it's no big deal. The only "problem" is his self appointed deadline. If he would have said I'll get to a full breakdown when I time the reaction itt would have been different.

TypicalBilly14 02-12-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17894652)
Are we sure he won the ebay thing? He mentioned some charity for troops. I hope he returns will more details but if he doesn't it's no big deal. The only "problem" is his self appointed deadline. If he would have said I'll get to a full breakdown when I time the reaction itt would have been different.

he could be social distancing from this thread.

dontdrink36 02-12-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17894724)
he could be social distancing from this thread.

He could be.

Speilmen230 02-12-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foreverford05 (Post 17894571)
Who knows, they might be still talking.

This legit made me laugh out loud. :lol

HonestDenver1 02-12-2021 12:09 PM

Do you think he was murdered? Like maybe he already said to much in his brief report back? Dave's next song will be about a cover up is my guess..

spoot388 02-12-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestDenver1 (Post 17894786)
Do you think he was murdered? Like maybe he already said to much in his brief report back? Dave's next song will be about a cover up is my guess..

is dave the don of the seattle mob? does lawlor double as a hitman? joe needs to bring in a paycheck somehow with no shows. whatever dave needs done, gets done.

ExistenceNow 02-12-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCardinal (Post 17894563)
He said in his follow up that the new album came up in discussion. So, are we supposed to believe the OP or not?

I didn't say Dave would never acknowledge the existence of a potential new album. The fact that "it came up" says literally nothing.

BotheLaneFan 02-12-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 17895074)
is dave the don of the seattle mob? does lawlor double as a hitman? joe needs to bring in a paycheck somehow with no shows. whatever dave needs done, gets done.

Depends on how invested he is in Dutch Bros...

jasonfilatov 02-12-2021 11:11 PM

Based on how this has unfolded, my excitement level and expectations have dripped all the way to to 0. This is probably the last time I'll check this thread.

Bearclaw_ 02-13-2021 05:58 AM

:lol

We’re all nerds waiting for this.

He gone.

nikkidmb 02-13-2021 06:56 AM

I am here for the update

alec 02-13-2021 07:50 AM

Maybe the transcript will get leaked in 12 years and be called The Seanieb Sessions.

TypicalBilly14 02-13-2021 08:05 AM

Maybe Red Light Management is proofreading it before he can post it?

Bearclaw_ 02-13-2021 08:55 AM

Yeah. Capshaw is personally going over it. :lol

Xcacel 02-13-2021 09:03 AM

More likely his wife discovered that the zoom call he had the other day with that weird guy costed 11k and has just stabbed him

Sniper15 02-13-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

During the recording of Big Whiskey, Dave and Cavello let 17 year old Stan come into the studio and take pictures with DM's guitars, look at sheet music, talked about the tracklist, etc. New DMB album's aren't some super secretive FBI operation. I'd be shocked if Dave didn't talk a little bit about the new record with this guy.

DMBCardinal 02-13-2021 09:59 AM

Where is Stan when you need him?

Aircanuck 02-13-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper15 (Post 17889916)
Would be pretty epic if the OP never returned and told us how it went

I hope you're proud of yourself.

K270 02-13-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ (Post 17895166)
Yeah. Capshaw is personally going over it. :lol

Only way we see this is if we fork over money. Broken down into three parts. Each part would be $79.95. Or, you can buy the money saving option of all three parts as a set for $239.80.

djamieb 02-13-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcacel (Post 17895172)
More likely his wife discovered that the zoom call he had the other day with that weird guy costed 11k and has just stabbed him

:lol :lol :lol

ToySoldier#34 02-14-2021 05:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17895075)
I didn't say Dave would never acknowledge the existence of a potential new album. The fact that "it came up" says literally nothing.

The way in which everyone found out the band had finished the album and Dave was celebrating the completion of it was ... from Dave ... on a Zoom chat with fans

greyson1289 02-14-2021 11:20 AM

Long time lurker on Ants! Never posted but had to create an account and get an update here :shrug

theflower 02-14-2021 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17895558)
The way in which everyone found out the band had finished the album and Dave was celebrating the completion of it was ... from Dave ... on a Zoom chat with fans

Excuse me... facts don't matter here. you've been around long enough to know that. please shape up.

ExistenceNow 02-14-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17895558)

What album? What was the purpose of the Zoom chat?

ToySoldier#34 02-14-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theflower (Post 17895891)
Excuse me... facts don't matter here. you've been around long enough to know that. please shape up.

Huh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 17895892)
What album? What was the purpose of the Zoom chat?

Whatever album they have been working on, there was some Zoom chat with multiple fans in it and he was talking about having wrapped things up (musically, not mixing / mastering) and celebrating with Carter. It was discussed in the threads, I can't find it on YouTube but I did watch it at the time and it isn't the one with the people in North Dakota. It was Dave giving more information on the project they've been working on than anyone had anticipated through a Zoom chat with fans.

Cptn. Monkeyman 02-14-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17895896)
Huh?

Whatever album they have been working on, there was some Zoom chat with multiple fans in it and he was talking about having wrapped things up (musically, not mixing / mastering) and celebrating with Carter. It was discussed in the threads, I can't find it on YouTube but I did watch it at the time and it isn't the one with the people in North Dakota. It was Dave giving more information on the project they've been working on than anyone had anticipated through a Zoom chat with fans.

I too watched this when it happened, and I remember discussing it here. Weird that they were so open about the new album late last year, and now radio silence. And what the hell, isn't it the 30th anniversary of the band?! How have they not acknowledged that yet

jssmith6 02-14-2021 07:09 PM

I believe it's time to call a spade a spade. I think the op was full of crap. ��

dontburnthe_pig 02-14-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jssmith6 (Post 17895945)
I believe it's time to call a spade a spade. I think the op was full of crap. ��

Yup! Seems that way.

ElijahSoRight72 02-14-2021 09:52 PM

I know this is all pretty frustrating, but maybe we shouldn't be turning on OP quite so hard? We don't know much about their life, or why they could be so radio silent. What we do know through all of this is, if anything, this thread has taught us more about ourselves than anything else. We have been living through negative historic event after negative historic event and we are constantly looking for something to bring some ounce of excitement and joy to help escape- and in this circumstance, it's that our favorite band completed an album, but won't share anything about it in the 4 months since its completion despite saying would come "soon." So we are bonkers desperate for anything we can learn about this little piece of hope that every "new lead" that is abandoned is a much harder gut punch than before. That leaves us all a little more sullen than maybe we should be. It's not our fault, and really, it's not OP's fault. It's no one's fault. (Well, okay, maybe management a little.) ((Also if OP is lying than it is also probably a little bit their fault.)) (((ALSO also the way the band members themselves are so secretive about it makes no sense, it doesn't help. We just want to know about your music in this terrible place in time can't we have anything nice ever?!?!?! a simple new TRACK TITLE maybe??? a subtle lyric drop??? anything at ALLLLLL???????!!! whydoesthisalwayshappenwiththesealbumsjusttellusab outitpleasefortheloveofgodthisistheworsttimetobeal ive)}]>

anyway where was I? oh right-- BURN OP!!!!!! BURN THEM!!!!

Dagwin 02-15-2021 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jssmith6 (Post 17895945)

He's certainly full of crap about one thing: His timeline in reporting back to Ants. Whether he had the Zoom call or not, who knows? But he certainly isn't a man of his word, so we know that much about him, for sure.

At the end of the day, who gives a damn about a person's word that nobody even knows from Adam?

All I care about is some album info. Why? I have no idea why I care so much! Odds are, the album is going to suck, anyway. I guess I'm just starved for some good new music. Getting my hopes up that said 'good music' will come from DMB in 2021 is just setting myself up for more disappointment, anyway.

So screw it! Time for an adult beverage as I listen to some Tool!

elconguero 02-15-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 (Post 17896033)
...We have been living through negative historic event after negative historic event and we are constantly looking for something to bring some ounce of excitement and joy to help escape- and in this circumstance, it's that our favorite band completed an album, but won't share anything about it in the 4 months since its completion despite saying would come "soon." So we are bonkers desperate for anything we can learn about this little piece of hope that every "new lead" that is abandoned is a much harder gut punch than before. That leaves us all a little more sullen than maybe we should be. It's not our fault, and really, it's not OP's fault. It's no one's fault. (Well, okay, maybe management a little.) ((Also if OP is lying than it is also probably a little bit their fault.)) (((ALSO also the way the band members themselves are so secretive about it makes no sense, it doesn't help. We just want to know about your music in this terrible place in time can't we have anything nice ever?!?!?! a simple new TRACK TITLE maybe??? a subtle lyric drop??? anything at ALLLLLL???????!!! whydoesthisalwayshappenwiththesealbumsjusttellusab outitpleasefortheloveofgodthisistheworsttimetobeal ive)}]>

anyway where was I? oh right-- BURN OP!!!!!! BURN THEM!!!!

Have to say I am pretty disappointed in the band. Mostly Dave himself who seems more in control than ever.

In these times, he should know that people are struggling. Anything uplifting is welcome right now. Sure, he probably doesn't think little old him matters much in the grand scheme, but to his fans, he should know he does. They have so much music they could have released during this time to give joy. Say, a song a week, from their archives, or even a song a week from this album they are working on.

That they still seem to think we are living in the norm and they need to keep all album information hidden shows they are way more out of touch than I would have ever guessed.

We are in a pandemic, trying to get past a wannabe dictator. Lets finally release BTCS on vinyl so people have something to enjoy trapped indoors. My question to the band is, if not now, when?

Everyone wants to jump on some guy because he is late with his info that probably wouldn't be new anyway. Daves tidbit on IBYU? He wrote it on piano. His tidbit on Ants Marching. He was watching ants walk in line. Because the band is being ridiculously quiet, we are trashing some stranger.

Although in these times, it sort of fits with the theme.

ToySoldier#34 02-15-2021 07:36 AM

In comparison to other musicians / bands I'm a fan of I have no issues whatsoever with what Dave has done during the pandemic

dontdrink36 02-15-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17896133)
In comparison to other musicians / bands I'm a fan of I have no issues whatsoever with what Dave has done during the pandemic

This. I thought he did plenty and it was really cool. I do wish the drive in didn't end or that there was unreleased older stuff but I totally understand why they did it that way.