Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   *Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC 684) (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=343913)

Jake 11-14-2016 03:42 PM

*Prompter Thread* (NO Personal Attacks, Trolling, breaking 52 USC 30121 OR 2 USC 684)

This is for the Liberal/Left only! Talk yourself in circles to talk about how Donald Trump doesn't wash his hands after cross burnings, would have 666 on his skull if there was a God, and America is racist

Have at it!

TwoStep2888 11-14-2016 03:43 PM

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE **

ah the Liberal Treehouse lives again

kydmb99 11-14-2016 03:44 PM

Are colleges back in session yet?

neumdogg 11-14-2016 03:45 PM

YAY! Finally a place for Californians like me!

Julia Roberts 11-14-2016 03:46 PM

#notmymoderator

scrock25 11-14-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia Roberts (Post 16641249)
#notmymoderator

:lol :lol

Jake 11-14-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 16641245)
ah the Liberal Treehouse lives again

I should have moved that here.

I should consult you on threads from now on. Bo is fired.

tyler3440 11-14-2016 03:47 PM

Trump will be a good president

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 16641253)

careful, you might get banned

snow1868 11-14-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Get that shit out of here, this is for gloom and doom only.

bjordan319 11-14-2016 03:48 PM

If I talk about politics in this thread will it get locked too?

Route_2 11-14-2016 03:48 PM

Trump didn't know he couldn't keep Obama's White House staff. Things are going great so far.

scrock25 11-14-2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

I hope he is.

tyler3440 11-14-2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrock25 (Post 16641258)
I hope he is.

Me too...

bjordan319 11-14-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Presidential-elect Trump > Campaign Trump

kydmb99 11-14-2016 03:50 PM

I've laughed a lot at the hysterics of the left since Trump won but Steve Bannon being in the White House in any capacity is a disgrace

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kydmb99 (Post 16641261)
I've laughed a lot at the hysterics of the left since Trump won but Steve Bannon being in the White House in any capacity is a disgrace

Same with Newt.

Route_2 11-14-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

All the headlines yesterday were about Priebus as CoS. No mentions of Bannon. Disgraceful.

TwoStep2888 11-14-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 16641251)

happy to disgrace Bo :thumbsup

neumdogg 11-14-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrock25 (Post 16641258)
I hope he is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 16641259)
Me too...

Well then it's settled!

ToySoldier#34 11-14-2016 03:54 PM

#Play-Doh #Hallelujah #tear

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 16641271)
#Play-Doh #Hallelujah #tear

hashtags cant have hyphens, step up your game, bro!

kydmb99 11-14-2016 03:56 PM

I'm fine with Priebus I guess. He seems like a decent person and as much I've criticized him he's put the GOP in a tremendous position of power. Bannon is just pure scum though. Will all depend on which one Trump actually listens to.

zajDmB1 11-14-2016 03:57 PM

Based on the fact that Trump flew home almost every night of the campaign, and has now said he'll basically never sleep in the Whitehouse, I think he wets the bed or something. Who wouldn't want to live in the Whitehouse?

ToySoldier#34 11-14-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16641273)
hashtags cant have hyphens, step up your game, bro!

Stop being critical I might have to cry and burn something!

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zajDmB1 (Post 16641275)
Based on the fact that Trump flew home almost every night of the campaign, and has now said he'll basically never sleep in the Whitehouse, I think he wets the bed or something. Who wouldn't want to live in the Whitehouse?

I mean, im sure its a downgrade from his trump tower apartment. But yeah I dont think it should really be a choice for him.

Route_2 11-14-2016 03:58 PM

Priebus is just his liaison to Congress. RP and Paul Ryan are Wisconsin homies.

Bannon will be "Trump's brain", like Rove was to GWB.

mdmarvich 11-14-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjordan319 (Post 16641260)
Presidential-elect Trump > Campaign Trump

setting a high bar, eh?

mdmarvich 11-14-2016 04:01 PM

Quote:

Can't wait for Palin to join the cabinet.

And that big oil guy as head of EPA

BotheLaneFan 11-14-2016 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 16641251)

I even get treated like shit in the safe space.

mdmarvich 11-14-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16641278)
I mean, im sure its a downgrade from his trump tower apartment. But yeah I dont think it should really be a choice for him.

Based on the shit-show that is now 5th avenue (saw on CNBC this morning) New York surely doesn't want him there.

Tiduwho 11-14-2016 04:03 PM

ISO: Panther

dmbetc 11-14-2016 04:03 PM

Phew. I didn't feel safe until this thread!

neumdogg 11-14-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiduwho (Post 16641286)

This please.

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdmarvich (Post 16641283)
Can't wait for Palin to join the cabinet.

And that big oil guy as head of EPA

Yep, kill me.

Route_2 11-14-2016 04:04 PM

The only thing that might top Bannon is John Bolton as Secretary of State.

bjordan319 11-14-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiduwho (Post 16641286)

mdmarvich 11-14-2016 04:10 PM

Listening to Obama's presser right now. :-(

mrignatious 11-14-2016 04:10 PM

::exhales::

Is this the place?

chadizzy1 11-14-2016 04:11 PM

I'm as anti-Trump as they come, but I do believe in looking at some things in a positive light whenever possible. I've found a few things that are positive.

Some general things:

1. One thing I find interesting, is that he said he wouldn't rip up the Iran deal. That's a massive change from where we were months ago.

2. His "repealing Obamacare" has changed, as well.

3. His Muslim ban may be out, too.
Giuliani: "Actually within a day or two he called me and asked me to put a little group together … we wrote paper for him and he amended the ban would be restricted to particular countries and it wouldn’t be a ban, it would involve an extreme vetting,” he said."

Next, on the 60 Minutes Interview last night.

1. When asked about supporters giving trouble to minorities, I liked that he actually spoke out against it instead of talking about their "passion".
Trump: "I am so saddened to hear that. And I say, 'Stop it.' If it -- if it helps, I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: 'Stop it.'"

2. I feel a little better about marriage equality, if what he said sticks. He said it's settled law, which is a good approach.
Trump: "It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done."
(now, this part is a little odd because he said he wanted to send abortion back to the states, which stems from Roe V Wade, which is also settled law by the Supreme Court.

3. He isn't going to appoint a special prosecutor to jail Hillary Clinton, called the Clintons "good people".
Trump: "I don’t want to hurt them, I don’t want to hurt them. They’re, they’re good people. I don’t want to hurt them."

4. Part of the border wall is now a fence.
Trump (when asked if some areas he would build a fence): "For certain areas I would, but certain areas, a wall is more appropriate," he said. "I'm very good at this, it's called construction."

I still am not a fan of Trump, and am still concerned for a lot of minority groups in this country, but I'm trying to be hopeful. We have 4 years of this and all we can do is hope that he will continue to evolve more like he has been lately.

cazzie34 11-14-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Have you seen how he decorates? I think to any normal person the White House is much better than Trump Tower Apartment.

I'm sure NYC will love having to deal with him there 3 days a week. Our first part time president!

DMBstandUP1984 11-14-2016 04:14 PM

** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE **

Trump could be a good president. If he had any interest in anything but the title. Now he wants to live mostly in NY and putting shitty shitty people in the WH with him.

Feels like his campaign was more "Make Trump Great Again" not America but that's what you get with a dopey business man and reality star

Ivanka is cool though

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641299)
Have you seen how he decorates? I think to any normal person the White House is much better than Trump Tower Apartment.

I'm sure NYC will love having to deal with him there 3 days a week. Our first part time president!

I havent seen his place but I would assume it consists of paintings of him in the nude or as a greek god.

cazzie34 11-14-2016 04:17 PM

He doesn't read so basically his advisors will be running the show and he'll make final decisions. so either Bannon has control (not good) or Preibus does (not good policy wise but America won't burn).

We've never had a lead by dictation president. I thought the presidency was a hard job and that type of leader wouldn't work for executive office. If he is successful he might change how governance is done in the 21st century.

cazzie34 11-14-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16641307)
I havent seen his place but I would assume it consists of paintings of him in the nude or as a greek god.

Here's a taste. http://fmobserver.com/wp-content/upl...house_1PM1.jpg .

Just google trump apartment and click on images.

mdmarvich 11-14-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 16641298)
I'm as anti-Trump as they come, but I do believe in looking at some things in a positive light whenever possible. I've found a few things that are positive.

Some general things:

1. One thing I find interesting, is that he said he wouldn't rip up the Iran deal. That's a massive change from where we were months ago.

Giuliani: "Actually within a day or two he called me and asked me to put a little group together … we wrote paper for him and he amended the ban would be restricted to particular countries and it wouldn’t be a ban, it would involve an extreme vetting,” he said."

1. When asked about supporters giving trouble to minorities, I liked that he actually spoke out against it instead of talking about their "passion".
Trump: "I am so saddened to hear that. And I say, 'Stop it.' If it -- if it helps, I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: 'Stop it.'"

2. I feel a little better about marriage equality, if what he said sticks. He said it's settled law, which is a good approach.
Trump: "It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done."
(now, this part is a little odd because he said he wanted to send abortion back to the states, which stems from Roe V Wade, which is also settled law by the Supreme Court.

3. He isn't going to appoint a special prosecutor to jail Hillary Clinton, called the Clintons "good people".
Trump: "I don’t want to hurt them, I don’t want to hurt them. They’re, they’re good people. I don’t want to hurt them."

Trump (when asked if some areas he would build a fence): "For certain areas I would, but certain areas, a wall is more appropriate," he said. "I'm very good at this, it's called construction."

I still am not a fan of Trump, and am still concerned for a lot of minority groups in this country, but I'm trying to be hopeful. We have 4 years of this and all we can do is hope that he will continue to evolve more like he has been lately.

Yeah, he's flip flopping on a ton, which is good. But his cabinet is going to be a complete fucking disaster

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641309)
He doesn't read so basically his advisors will be running the show and he'll make final decisions. so either Bannon has control (not good) or Preibus does (not good policy wise but America won't burn).

We've never had a lead by dictation president. I thought the presidency was a hard job and that type of leader wouldn't work for executive office. If he is successful he might change how governance is done in the 21st century.

We might already be down that road. Saw something yesterday suggesting that liberals should push for someone like Oprah to run in 2020 :lol

This country is so fucked.

TwoStep2888 11-14-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kydmb99 (Post 16641274)
I'm fine with Priebus I guess. He seems like a decent person and as much I've criticized him he's put the GOP in a tremendous position of power. Bannon is just pure scum though. Will all depend on which one Trump actually listens to.

yeah obvious political differences aside I don't have a problem with Priebus as a person. Bannon is bad news.

zajDmB1 11-14-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

For sure, though I'm also assuming presidents can decorate however they want, within reason. Though I guess Trump's tacky tastes aren't within reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641299)

We're already hating him because 5th Ave for like 3 blocks is barricaded until he leaves office. The mother fucker has permanently closed down a major street. Which granted I don't think was his decision, but still. So dumb.

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641311)

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh my god

http://hbu.h-cdn.co/assets/16/19/980...ld-trump-1.jpg

zajDmB1 11-14-2016 04:23 PM

Mark Cuban should run. He's like Trump in some regards but, you know, actually created his own success.

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:23 PM

Serious question, is that even Melania? Doesnt look like her.

TwoStep2888 11-14-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Some general things:

this is a good rundown of why I'm not as panicked as others on the left, he's backed off on a lot of his scarier campaign positions, hopefully he'll be something of a moderate as POTUS

bjordan319 11-14-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Some general things:

Excellent post :thumbsup

I'm really not sure where he's going here (complete flip-flop on most of the issues that got him elected or just becoming a bit moderate and realistic), but things are going in the general right direction it seems.

thebridge15 11-14-2016 04:24 PM

is bannon racist? or is it the same thing as with trump in that there's no footage of him using the n word?

scrock25 11-14-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641311)

That's pretty fucking decadent.

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:25 PM

I guess this is where the magic happens.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2117605695.jpg

Sheesh talk about the least comforting, homey living space in the world.

scrock25 11-14-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 16641320)
this is a good rundown of why I'm not as panicked as others on the left, he's backed off on a lot of his scarier campaign positions, hopefully he'll be something of a moderate as POTUS

He had to! He said what he needed to say to get elected, just like all the rest of them.

justink 11-14-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Some general things:

no, his abortion position is that it's settled as well. she harped him "what if your appointee repeals it?" and he said, that's not going to happen, that stuff never happens. but if it did, the states will vote and that will be that. in other words, abortion isn't going anywhwere either.

zajDmB1 11-14-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebridge15 (Post 16641322)
is bannon racist? or is it the same thing as with trump in that there's no footage of him using the n word?

You know you can be racist without actually saying the n-word, right? :lol

Dramageek 11-14-2016 04:28 PM

He's pretty much this guy, except real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjWYbcbpiWA

DMBstandUP1984 11-14-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zajDmB1 (Post 16641317)
Mark Cuban should run. He's like Trump in some regards but, you know, actually created his own success.

Huge man crush on mark Cuban

skwormin 11-14-2016 04:29 PM

Fuck Trump!

justink 11-14-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdmarvich (Post 16641285)
Based on the shit-show that is now 5th avenue (saw on CNBC this morning) New York surely doesn't want him there.

none of those idiots live in manhattan. :lol

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16641332)

That place has nothing on Trump's

cazzie34 11-14-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16641324)
I guess this is where the magic happens.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2117605695.jpg

Sheesh talk about the least comforting, homey living space in the world.

I'd be squinting all the time too if I had all that fucking gold plated shit in my apartment blinding me 24/7.

scrock25 11-14-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16641332)

Oh that dude is Russian too, perhaps there's something to this.

zajDmB1 11-14-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justink (Post 16641335)
none of those idiots live in manhattan. :lol

Plenty of them do.

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641337)
I'd be squinting all the time too if I had all that fucking gold plated shit in my apartment blinding me 24/7.

Maybe his tan is just from all the reflection in his apartment, its clearly impossible to escape.

I wonder if he has a water fountain that sprays out fruit punch?

justink 11-14-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641337)

i imagine he hasn't decorated since the 80s

zajDmB1 11-14-2016 04:34 PM

Based on the numerous fake diamond cuffs stories out there, I bet that isn't even real gold :lol.

justink 11-14-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16641340)

Maybe his tan is just from all the reflection in his apartment, its clearly impossible to escape.

I wonder if he has a water fountain that sprays out fruit punch?

the orange is the actual gold molecules he's soaked up over the years.

he's goldmember

TheLastPig 11-14-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justink (Post 16641346)
the orange is the actual gold molecules he's soaked up over the years.

he's goldmember

He probably has to spend at least 20 hours a week in there or he loses his powers.

harryhoudini 11-14-2016 04:52 PM

Logistical question: wouldn't there be a gargantuan cost to secure a place outside of the White House for the president to operate day to day? Basically he has Airforce 1, the White House and the associated highly secure meeting rooms, and thats about it? I know the president is traveling a lot, but my understanding is they always go back to Airforce 1 if they need to do any official type business.

Again, no expert, but I feel like to replicate the security of the White House from a technical perspective (much less being in person with the people you work with and the secret service cost) would just be crazy.

And I'm using the word cost in both dollars, but all time/risk/etc.

cazzie34 11-14-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryhoudini (Post 16641359)
Logistical question: wouldn't there be a gargantuan cost to secure a place outside of the White House for the president to operate day to day? Basically he has Airforce 1, the White House and the associated highly secure meeting rooms, and thats about it? I know the president is traveling a lot, but my understanding is they always go back to Airforce 1 if they need to do any official type business.

Again, no expert, but I feel like to replicate the security of the White House from a technical perspective (much less being in person with the people you work with and the secret service cost) would just be crazy.

And I'm using the word cost in both dollars, but all time/risk/etc.

Yes, it would be a cost on the taxpayer likely greater than the $400,000 he is not taking in salary every year.

And yes it would be a cost in the other sense of the word as well.

TheLastStop123 11-14-2016 05:02 PM

it seems like Trump has 2 sides to him so far. There's the Campaign "I'll do anything to get elected" Trump, which is the one that spouts off whatever is on his mind (like his tweet about media inciting riots and that it's unfair).

Then there's the more reasoned Trump, like the one that was on 60 Minutes last night, and the one that tweeted that it was great to see the passion of the protestors and that he's going to unite our country.

Hopefully we see more of the latter.

ToySoldier#34 11-14-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwormin (Post 16641334)
Fuck Trump!

Insightful, seems like a lot of people want to

DMBstandUP1984 11-14-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 16641366)

Or have to because he is so rich

chadizzy1 11-14-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justink (Post 16641329)
no, his abortion position is that it's settled as well. she harped him "what if your appointee repeals it?" and he said, that's not going to happen, that stuff never happens. but if it did, the states will vote and that will be that. in other words, abortion isn't going anywhwere either.

Maybe I misheard it. That's more reassuring though for those who choose to do that.

chadizzy1 11-14-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastStop123 (Post 16641364)
it seems like Trump has 2 sides to him so far. There's the Campaign "I'll do anything to get elected" Trump, which is the one that spouts off whatever is on his mind (like his tweet about media inciting riots and that it's unfair).

Then there's the more reasoned Trump, like the one that was on 60 Minutes last night, and the one that tweeted that it was great to see the passion of the protestors and that he's going to unite our country.

Hopefully we see more of the latter.

It seems like Republican Trump won the election but the old New York Democrat Trump is starting to break out. Hopefully it's Dem Trump that runs the country.

Still hoping socialized healthcare Trump comes back:
https://spectator.org/64193_trump-60...ized-medicine/

DMBstandUP1984 11-14-2016 05:16 PM

** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE **

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 16641372)
Maybe I misheard it. That's more reassuring though for those who choose to do that.

You didn't mishear.

In an interview with CBS’s Leslie Stahl on 60 Minutes, President-elect Donald Trump said he would appoint “pro-life” judges to the Supreme Court — and that if Roe v. Wade were overturned, women would “have to go to another state” if they want an abortion.

“If [Roe v. Wade] ever were overturned, it would go back to the states,” Trump said.

Stahl followed up: “But then some women won’t be able to get an abortion?”

“Yeah, well, they’ll perhaps have to go — they’ll have to go to another state,” Trump said.

“And that’s okay?” Stahl asked.

“Well, we’ll see what happens,” Trump said. “It’s got a long way to go.”

While Trump used the word “if” here, he has made clear before that he believes nominating “pro-life” judges will “automatically” result in Roe v. Wade being overturned at some point. For Trump, overturning Roe seems to be a question of “when” rather than “if.”

Lee3691 11-14-2016 05:22 PM

So who is hosting SNL next week?

thebridge15 11-14-2016 05:25 PM

kristin wiig

maybe they'll have her do a version of amazing grace dressed in blackface as gwen ifill

zajDmB1 11-14-2016 05:25 PM

Kristen Wiig

TwoStep2888 11-14-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 16641376)
You didn't mishear.

In an interview with CBS’s Leslie Stahl on 60 Minutes, President-elect Donald Trump said he would appoint “pro-life” judges to the Supreme Court — and that if Roe v. Wade were overturned, women would “have to go to another state” if they want an abortion.

“If [Roe v. Wade] ever were overturned, it would go back to the states,” Trump said.

“Yeah, well, they’ll perhaps have to go — they’ll have to go to another state,” Trump said.

While Trump used the word “if” here, he has made clear before that he believes nominating “pro-life” judges will “automatically” result in Roe v. Wade being overturned at some point. For Trump, overturning Roe seems to be a question of “when” rather than “if.”

that's not good

Lee3691 11-14-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 16641320)

Traditional social issues, Trump isn't going to rock the boat too much. However, criminal justice reform is going to be delayed.

TwoStep2888 11-14-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee3691 (Post 16641386)
Traditional social issues, Trump isn't going to rock the boat too much. However, criminal justice reform is going to be delayed.

private prisons gonna make big $$$ when Trump brings back Law & Order

justink 11-14-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 16641376)
You didn't mishear.

media gonna media.

he said it's not gonna happen.

then she led him down a long and winding road of "what ifs".

and now they're blaming trump for saying "if".

:lol

TwoStep2888 11-14-2016 05:30 PM

he could clear that up by not appointing backwards judges

mrignatious 11-14-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 (Post 16641391)
he could clear that up by not appointing backwards judges

Yup :thumbsup

mrignatious 11-14-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justink (Post 16641389)
media gonna media.

he said it's not gonna happen.

then she led him down a long and winding road of "what ifs".

and now they're blaming trump for saying "if".

:lol

Turns out when you're elected president words really start to matter.

M. Steng 11-14-2016 05:44 PM

No safe spaces on the freeway!:

https://youtu.be/r3-o3Akm2oE

skwormin 11-14-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 16641366)

mybad,

totally forgot #NotMyPresident

but for real, what else do I need to say?

Lee3691 11-14-2016 05:46 PM

Stink, not sure you understand how the courts work. Prez Trump doesn't get to decide if the SCOTUS decided to repeal any specific law / ruling.

justink 11-14-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrignatious (Post 16641395)
Turns out when you're elected president words really start to matter.

not when you already answered the question.

and his answer wasn't wrong.

"in the extreme unlikelyhood of that happening, it would go back to the states"

as it should.

trump smart.

cazzie34 11-14-2016 05:49 PM

If it's not going to change why would he need to appoint pro-life judges? To keep it where it is and not become more liberal?

But didn't he also say Roe is already decided? So pro-life or pro-choice shouldn't matter at all in his hypothetical. So he should be saying it's a non-factor, right?

I've never met a pro-life person who thought Roe was the right call.

justink 11-14-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee3691 (Post 16641402)
Stink, not sure you understand how the courts work. Prez Trump doesn't get to decide if the SCOTUS decided to repeal any specific law / ruling.

no shit. that's exactly what he was telling 60 minutes.

ToySoldier#34 11-14-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwormin (Post 16641401)
mybad,

totally forgot #NotMyPresident

but for real, what else do I need to say?

That's a good one too, don't forget the racist and anti-gay one

Lee3691 11-14-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justink (Post 16641405)
no shit. that's exactly what he was telling 60 minutes.

Then how is it "not going to happen" vs "might happen"

justink 11-14-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16641404)
If it's not going to change why would he need to appoint pro-life judges? To keep it where it is and not become more liberal?

But didn't he also say Roe is already decided? So pro-life or pro-choice shouldn't matter at all in his hypothetical. So he should be saying it's a non-factor, right?

I've never met a pro-life person who thought Roe was the right call.

jall watch the interview at all?