Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ***Official Nutter Center Fairborn, OH 2022*** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=358831)

bigeyedfish65 09-06-2022 11:36 AM

***Official Nutter Center Fairborn, OH 2022***

After 18 years the boys are returning to the Nutter Center November 16! Who's going?

Cbusnancie 09-06-2022 12:32 PM

Re: ***Official Nutter Center Fairborn, OH 2022***

I plan on it. hope i get some primo seats reserved seating

I dont think ive actually ever been to the nutter center now that im thinking about it

DMBFan4Life5 09-06-2022 02:15 PM

I'll see you all there! Wife and I will be coming up from Cincinnati. I think it'll be a pretty packed house, especially considering the size of the arena!

Excited!

haiku.warrior 09-06-2022 04:34 PM

yep, also coming up from Cincinnati. Super excited!

drgonzotx 09-06-2022 06:03 PM

Might have to break my 4 year no fiddle no concert strike...might be about time!

ccornett1978 09-06-2022 08:06 PM

As someone who lives in Dayton, the fan base is SUPER excited. We can’t wait.

podiumboy 09-06-2022 09:23 PM

Ill be there, cannot wait!!

I live nearby, but I Haven’t been to a show at this place since Green Day in 2005! Most of the bands I want to see don’t come to Dayton, so I consider Columbus or Cincy my hometowns for concerts. This might be my first DMB show that I attend solo, because my wife and all my friends don’t want to go for a number of reasons. They don’t wanna see dmb indoors, it’s a work/school night, we just saw them last summer, etc.

jcwalb2 09-07-2022 09:38 AM

Probably will bring my daughter to her first show. It's not a terrible drive up from Lexington.

podiumboy 09-07-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcwalb2 (Post 18262251)
Probably will bring my daughter to her first show. It's not a terrible drive up from Lexington.

Not a bad drive from Lexington at all. Although driving through Cincinnati around 4-6pm can be a real pain in the ass, so beware.

I'm thinking of bringing my son for his 1st show as well. He's 11, so definitely old enough. His Mom will probably not like him going on a school night. He doesn't really know much about DMB, he'd probably be more excited if I were taking him to see The Killers or Muse. But I'll work on him.

childofthemoon 09-07-2022 05:13 PM

Driving down from Detroit and driving right back after the show. Smallest indoor venue DMB has played in the Midwest in quite some time, I can’t pass this one up.

Hahninator 09-07-2022 07:04 PM

Venue looks super intimate. Likely will add this one.

Cbusnancie 09-08-2022 04:44 AM

How often does DMB play on college campuses anymore?

This might be a little youth reliving for some of the band members. I’m already planning my outfit. Flannel shirt, baggy jeans, doc Martin boots, stadium cap. Let’s go

btpeters 09-08-2022 05:31 AM

My 8 year old daughter and I are hitting this one up...on a school night!!! :lol

podiumboy 09-08-2022 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 18262532)
Venue looks super intimate. Likely will add this one.

I remember when I was there for Green Day in 2005, I thought it seemed like a big high school gymnasium. It's gonna feel super intimate!

onesweetworld41 09-08-2022 06:38 AM

When I lived in Columbus I saw Phish at this venue in 2017 - be patient and give yourself time - parking is a cluster and there was only one entrance happening for the arena - sound and vibe was great once inside though

jlatham23 09-08-2022 09:06 AM

Can anyone give a suggestion on a close nice hotel. Never been there but coming from Indy

btpeters 09-09-2022 06:08 AM

Is there any danger of this show selling out quickly/at all? I know the past couple ohio indoor shows have had plenty of empties and been rather easy to pick up a solid seat closer to the show, but this place looks like its about half the size of the Columbus venues (10K).

I'd rather not chance the seats Warehouse has if I don't have to. Tho, with how small this place appears, I'm sure there's not a bad seat in there.

blumathu 09-09-2022 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 18263276)
Is there any danger of this show selling out quickly/at all? I know the past couple ohio indoor shows have had plenty of empties and been rather easy to pick up a solid seat closer to the show, but this place looks like its about half the size of the Columbus venues (10K).

I'd rather not chance the seats Warehouse has if I don't have to. Tho, with how small this place appears, I'm sure there's not a bad seat in there.

I don't know, but those floor seats behind the pit look like they'll be pretty awful.

btpeters 09-09-2022 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blumathu (Post 18263303)
I don't know, but those floor seats behind the pit look like they'll be pretty awful.

Yeah, I had floor seats for Staples Center back in 2008 and those are not very groovy. Looking at some reserve uppers, honestly. I did that at Grand Rapids last year and did side stage and they looked high up on the chart, but when I got there I could have high fived the guitar tech from my seat. Wondering if its like that here :lol

podiumboy 09-09-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 18263276)

There is no chance it will sell out quickly at those prices. It will fill up by show day, but there will be plenty of tickets available for awhile.

My plan is to wait until the initial burst of sales is over, and then see where I can grab the best single ticket, since I'm probably going by myself.

btpeters 09-12-2022 10:40 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on the WH and just stalk Tickemaster for more ideal seats. Personally, I'd rather be higher up and to the side than lower and far back facing the stage. I'll control that if I can

ISawTheBridge10 09-12-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 18264676)
Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on the WH and just stalk Tickemaster for more ideal seats. Personally, I'd rather be higher up and to the side than lower and far back facing the stage. I'll control that if I can

Grand Rapids last year we were on the side of the stage in the 10th row. Awesome seats. Got them off TM well after the on sale date, too.

btpeters 09-12-2022 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 (Post 18264736)
Grand Rapids last year we were on the side of the stage in the 10th row. Awesome seats. Got them off TM well after the on sale date, too.

HAH! I did the same thing. Bought them like 2 weeks before. Were much cheaper and closer than my friends more expensive ones that were lower but in one of the back corners. Certainly made that night's set more fun with the cool view

podiumboy 09-12-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 (Post 18264736)

I did the same thing with DMB in Columbus 2018. Nobody seemed to want the side stage seats, so I bought 4 of them well after the onsale. GREAT seats! I was so close, and got to see a unique POV and some cool behind the scenes stuff that we don't normally get to see. That's exactly what my goal is for this show as well.

btpeters 09-12-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by podiumboy (Post 18264786)
I did the same thing with DMB in Columbus 2018. Nobody seemed to want the side stage seats, so I bought 4 of them well after the onsale. GREAT seats! I was so close, and got to see a unique POV and some cool behind the scenes stuff that we don't normally get to see. That's exactly what my goal is for this show as well.

You can actually see Carter really going to work, which is awesome! :bounce

So i imagine some of us will be sitting around each other, then :lol

ccornett1978 09-13-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlatham23 (Post 18262783)
Can anyone give a suggestion on a close nice hotel. Never been there but coming from Indy

If you are looking for cheap and withing walking distance, there is a Red Roof Inn directly across from the Nutter Center. Again, it's a Red Roof, but after the concert you won't care because you will be so hyped.

Any hotels along or off of Colonel Glen would be great. Wingate by Wyndham, Holiday Inn, Tru by Hilton, and La Quinta are all withing walking distance.

If you plan on walking DO NOT get a hotel with a Beavercreek address. It's deceiving because the address makes it look close. But you will be walking on a VERY busy road. There is a walking bridge over the expressway, but it will add some time onto your walk. Your 5-7 minute walk will end up being 25.

The Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites are already sold out.

btpeters 09-13-2022 12:56 PM

I live in Indy. I'm driving home after the show. I'll be home probably around 1 and still be good for work in the morning :lol

blumathu 09-14-2022 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccornett1978 (Post 18265095)
If you are looking for cheap and withing walking distance, there is a Red Roof Inn directly across from the Nutter Center. Again, it's a Red Roof, but after the concert you won't care because you will be so hyped.

Any hotels along or off of Colonel Glen would be great. Wingate by Wyndham, Holiday Inn, Tru by Hilton, and La Quinta are all withing walking distance.

If you plan on walking DO NOT get a hotel with a Beavercreek address. It's deceiving because the address makes it look close. But you will be walking on a VERY busy road. There is a walking bridge over the expressway, but it will add some time onto your walk. Your 5-7 minute walk will end up being 25.

The Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites are already sold out.

Thanks for this. I booked the Holiday Inn. How hard is it to cross that road? Is there a crosswalk?

jlatham23 09-14-2022 09:29 AM

Yes, thank you ^^

jcwalb2 09-15-2022 11:28 AM

Tickets confirmed! And I got the tier I was hoping for, and I'm bringing my daughter to her first show. Pretty good day!