Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Share your unpopular DMB opinions. (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=317529)

bustedstuff88 03-31-2021 01:22 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
DMB will not play a show in 2021

HonestDenver1 03-31-2021 03:43 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bustedstuff88 (Post 17925621)
DMB will not play a show in 2021

I have to agree. They can't just cancel some of the tour.. and hope that September/October will be close to normal. It's probably an all or nothing.
Dave will be 55 then.. yikes. Time flies.

I really think Dave could do some small solo shows or D&T even.. Great opportunity to play Red rocks and just charge 1000 a ticket for the 2500 allowed to be there and live stream it.

grilldanmo 03-31-2021 03:52 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
They could play a bunch of shows if they wanted to. Plenty of other bands/artists are quarantining and then streaming live gigs.

Then there's the socially distanced shows, drive-in or pod-style. Obviously we're talking much smaller crowds, but it's proven to be doable.

That said, DMB seems to like to do things the traditional way, so if they can't do shows/tours like they're used to, it's a safe bet that they won't.

KevinTH 03-31-2021 04:08 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
At the very least it would be awesome to see them do a livestream show. Tell everyone they quarantined for 2 weeks before coming into contact, or whatever you have to do these days, and give us some new live music!!! If Dave and Carter can do it, they all can. Do it for charity, maybe save our stages or donate a portion to road crew members, but something.

Whiteyxc514 03-31-2021 04:25 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTH (Post 17925744)
At the very least it would be awesome to see them do a livestream show. Tell everyone they quarantined for 2 weeks before coming into contact, or whatever you have to do these days, and give us some new live music!!! If Dave and Carter can do it, they all can. Do it for charity, maybe save our stages or donate a portion to road crew members, but something.

they won't even have to quarantine. they'll likely all be vaccinated within the next month, if they're not already.

I think it's unlikely the band tours this summer, but it will be disappointing if they don't all get together at some point to jam and live stream it.

Dodo36 04-01-2021 09:20 AM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
A winter arena tour would be plausible, easier to control the extreme variables.

ERoths711 04-01-2021 10:24 AM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
I donít know if this would actually be unpopular. I wish that Warehouse (and maybe Seek Up and Minarets) had been recorded during the Crash sessions so it would have had fuller sound. BTCS would have been ideal, but that was a session for new music.

but1well 04-01-2021 10:36 AM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ERoths711 (Post 17926134)
I donít know if this would actually be unpopular. I wish that Warehouse (and maybe Seek Up and Minarets) had been recorded during the Crash sessions so it would have had fuller sound. BTCS would have been ideal, but that was a session for new music.

Seek Up on RTT sounds fantastic

dmbongreyst 04-01-2021 11:09 AM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ERoths711 (Post 17926134)
I donít know if this would actually be unpopular. I wish that Warehouse (and maybe Seek Up and Minarets) had been recorded during the Crash sessions so it would have had fuller sound. BTCS would have been ideal, but that was a session for new music.

I think Warehouse is a great performance to capture the sound of the song. I think UTTAD has a carryover from RTT where they sound handcuffed and try to make each performance ďperfectĒ resulting in losing the magic that the band has at the time.

I do agree with Minarets. Going back to my point about the overall sound of RTT, Minarets loses the intensity and energy on the outro jam. The same can be said about Recently and the midsong jam.

RSSR 04-01-2021 01:20 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
I believe Everyday was more hurtful to DMB's legacy than Stand Up was.

TheLastStop123 04-01-2021 02:02 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
She
Samurai Cop
Again and Again
Come On Come On
Do You Remember

All awesome songs.

spider-man 04-02-2021 05:38 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastStop123 (Post 17926365)
She
Samurai Cop
Again and Again
Come On Come On
Do You Remember

All awesome songs.

You have the right thread

RSSR 04-03-2021 01:27 AM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastStop123 (Post 17926365)
She
Samurai Cop
Again and Again
Come On Come On
Do You Remember

All awesome songs.

I absolutely agree with Samurai Cop and Do You Remember. They’re amazing. My dad can’t stomach DMB to the point where he feels subjected by them whenever I play DMB in his presence, but yet he digs Samurai Cop. Again And Again and She I like. I want more ‘18-‘19-‘20 for more SBs of them.

currupt3d** 05-06-2021 09:53 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
03 D&T is a bit of a snooze fest. There's definitely some great highlights, but most of the shows have little energy and everything is played at such a slow tempo.

jmkratt 05-06-2021 11:12 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSR (Post 17926323)
I believe Everyday was more hurtful to DMB's legacy than Stand Up was.

I agree with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by currupt3d** (Post 17949655)
03 D&T is a bit of a snooze fest. There's definitely some great highlights, but most of the shows have little energy and everything is played at such a slow tempo.

But canít get behind this ;)

mquerques92 05-07-2021 12:08 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
The current arrangement of Sugar Will is not worth the time it takes up in the setlist. They should either go back to the 2004 version or stop playing it.

haiku.warrior 05-07-2021 12:09 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bustedstuff88 (Post 17925621)
DMB will not play a show in 2021

this aged poorly

mquerques92 05-07-2021 12:11 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by haiku.warrior (Post 17949819)
this aged poorly

Inb4 ďThey still havenít played any shows yetĒ

Route_2 05-07-2021 12:43 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mquerques92 (Post 17949818)
The current arrangement of Sugar Will is not worth the time it takes up in the setlist. They should either go back to the 2004 version or stop playing it.

this is a popular opinion with me

Cptn. Monkeyman 05-07-2021 01:13 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Even in it's current form, I think Sugar Will is still better than over half the catalogue. In it's prime, I'd put it in the upper 10%.

Bearclaw_ 05-07-2021 01:15 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
I greatly enjoy sugar will and was excited to see it pop up at alpine in 2019. Itís a shell of what it was but itís a good time still.

zaj128 05-07-2021 02:20 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Despite Big Whiskey fatigue, I'd actually enjoy hearing Alligator Pie and Time Bomb again this year. Just keep TB out of that E1 slot.

Also, I have zero issue with Shake Me Like A Monkey at any show as long as it's not in a power slot.

garagebrothers 05-07-2021 06:53 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaj128 (Post 17949874)
Despite Big Whiskey fatigue, I'd actually enjoy hearing Alligator Pie and Time Bomb again this year. Just keep TB out of that E1 slot.

Also, I have zero issue with Shake Me Like A Monkey at any show as long as it's not in a power slot.

SMLAM is one of the few DMB songs that sounds better on the album than it does live.

KevinTH 05-07-2021 08:00 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ (Post 17949848)
I greatly enjoy sugar will and was excited to see it pop up at alpine in 2019. Itís a shell of what it was but itís a good time still.

In really enjoyed the one they played on that Bethel Sirius broadcast. That was the best I had heard the song sound since 04.

Cptn. Monkeyman 05-07-2021 08:10 PM

Re: Share your unpopular DMB opinions.
 
Lyrically, the best Sugar Will I've heard is from 2010


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.