Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

aeroshady 10-30-2013 10:06 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14889556)
That's gotta suck for local fans. That short road trip the Wings had to Col. and PHX, there were a crap ton of Wings fans, it looked like a neutral site game. I like it but I'm sure the Avs and Yotes fans didn't. And the poor Coyote fans, the few they have, they get that a lot I'm sure.

When I first moved to Boston (before they got awesome!) I used to go to games every Thursday and Saturday. Never failed that when the Leafs, Habs or Sabers were in town the arena wise like 30% Bruins fans and 60% percent the away team. The other 10% was empty.

That always sucked.

fonzz41 10-30-2013 10:11 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14889556)
That's gotta suck for local fans. That short road trip the Wings had to Col. and PHX, there were a crap ton of Wings fans, it looked like a neutral site game. I like it but I'm sure the Avs and Yotes fans didn't. And the poor Coyote fans, the few they have, they get that a lot I'm sure.

My best friend (huge Red Wings fan) just went to the DET/PHX game in PHX and was worried about getting crap for wearing his Yzerman sweater. I know, what a pussy. I told him, (a) PHX fans don't care enough about their team to give you crap, and (b) there will probably be plenty of Wings fans there anyways to hang with. Sure enough, he said there were just as much if not more Wings than Coyotes fans in the half-empty building.

TMoore4075 10-30-2013 10:25 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14889584)
My best friend (huge Red Wings fan) just went to the DET/PHX game in PHX and was worried about getting crap for wearing his Yzerman sweater. I know, what a pussy. I told him, (a) PHX fans don't care enough about their team to give you crap, and (b) there will probably be plenty of Wings fans there anyways to hang with. Sure enough, he said there were just as much if not more Wings than Coyotes fans in the half-empty building.

I wonder if the the fans there know who Yzerman is. Yeah the building was full of Wings fans. Phoenix is the worst for that. It's either half full or if a big name team or a team with a lot of followers, it's full but half for the visitors. This just made me check attendance. So Coyotes fans were saying once ownership was settled and they were staying fans would show up.They are dead last in attendance. Playing to only 72%.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-30-2013 10:28 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
What's even worse about Phoenix is that there is a huge population of retirees there, meaning they moved from somewhere else, like up north who probably already root for a different team. Can't help them in terms of keeping other teams fans out of the arena.

TMoore4075 10-30-2013 10:34 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I almost moved to Atlanta after I graduated and there is no way I would have ever jumped ship. I'd never be a Thrasher fan. Good thing I didn't move cause all my hockey would have been gone.

So I have an interview for a new job in 90 minutes. I'm not good at these. I can BS with anyone but when it comes to either talking myself up or trying to give examples of a situation they are asking. Any pointers?

salrx95 10-30-2013 11:40 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14889514)
Big game last night!! :D. jK

However, it was an impressive win for the Rangers in a game I thought they would lose for sure. If they can string a few together now we might be ok.

That being said....wow the west is so much better than the east haha.

Agreed on the west.

IT was a big game but the Rangers played like the desperate team we played like that led to the run to the playoffs last year and we didn't. Martinek , who was signed last week, was undressed on the game winner. There was a reason he went unsigned til last week.

Talbot looks like a capable goalie.

fonzz41 10-30-2013 12:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14889642)
I almost moved to Atlanta after I graduated and there is no way I would have ever jumped ship. I'd never be a Thrasher fan. Good thing I didn't move cause all my hockey would have been gone.

So I have an interview for a new job in 90 minutes. I'm not good at these. I can BS with anyone but when it comes to either talking myself up or trying to give examples of a situation they are asking. Any pointers?

Sorry I missed this... not that I would have very many good pointers anyways. :lol

Hope the interview went well. :thumbsup

lockman21 10-30-2013 12:50 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Hope the interview went well Tim!

salrx95 10-30-2013 12:59 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14889953)
Sorry I missed this... not that I would have very many good pointers anyways. :lol

Hope the interview went well. :thumbsup

Yeah, never been on an interview so I couldn't help you anyways.

Good Luck, though!! :thumbsup

TMoore4075 10-30-2013 01:45 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14889953)
Sorry I missed this... not that I would have very many good pointers anyways. :lol

Hope the interview went well. :thumbsup

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14889962)
Hope the interview went well Tim!

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14889984)
Yeah, never been on an interview so I couldn't help you anyways.

Good Luck, though!! :thumbsup

Thanks guys. We'll see. Should find out if I get a 2nd interview by the end of the week or early next week. I think it went OK. One answer I remember thinking...crap that sucked. Like I said just not good at selling myself. I'm more than qualified for this job and could do it.

kev87lads 10-30-2013 02:06 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
^ Sorry I missed Tim. Hope you get where you want to be.

lockman21 10-30-2013 02:06 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
What type of position, Tim?

fonzz41 10-30-2013 02:37 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14890119)
What type of position, Tim?

That's a little personal, Chris. Maybe a question you should ask in private.

lockman21 10-30-2013 02:42 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Get your mind out of the gutter, Matty.

This is Tim, not David Bolland.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-30-2013 02:43 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I heard he's interviewing to play goalie for the Oilers.

fonzz41 10-30-2013 02:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14890212)
Get your mind out of the gutter, Matty.

This is Tim, not David Bolland.

:lol I was originally going to fix your post to say:
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14890119)
What type of position, Dave?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 14890215)
I heard he's interviewing to play goalie for the Oilers.

:lol :thumbsup

He could probably get any spot on the Sabres right now, but we all know Tim is better than that.

DmBand801 10-30-2013 03:26 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14888653)
Far from it but we won't til the end of the season on how to grade it. Sabres have the edge right now but it can't be officially graded til the summer

a 30 goal scorer, a first rounder pick AND a second rounder for a guy that has a strong chance of walking this summer?

It'd be different if the Isles had problems scoring goals, but this trade wasn't a necessity and the overpay makes it more mind boggling.

TMoore4075 10-30-2013 06:53 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14890119)
What type of position, Tim?

An administrative position still here at UM. Just don't like the place I'm at right now so looking for a change
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14890202)
That's a little personal, Chris. Maybe a question you should ask in private.

Married and have a kid. so the position is asleep before 10.

bradshaw06 10-30-2013 08:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
got the pens lines are so bad.

swordo84 10-30-2013 09:39 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
So....Semyon Varlamov has been arrested and charged with 2nd degree kidnapping and 3rd degree assault. Sounds like domestic violence. He turned himself in tonight.


Um, wtf?

bradshaw06 10-30-2013 09:44 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
yeah, seriously, what?

salrx95 10-30-2013 10:21 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 14891028)
So....Semyon Varlamov has been arrested and charged with 2nd degree kidnapping and 3rd degree assault. Sounds like domestic violence. He turned himself in tonight.


Um, wtf?

Was just coming in to report on that. Sounds serious. Refused an interview, too. He is in deep. Rumors of a kidnapping charge as well.


http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...olence-charges

lockman21 10-30-2013 10:38 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Waiting on Matt...

lockman21 10-30-2013 10:39 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I hope the arresting officer is BOBROVSKY and this is all a joke.

bradshaw06 10-30-2013 10:47 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
excellent win by the pens tonight. that final save by fleury had shades of the final save from the 09 cup. awesome stuff.

kev87lads 10-30-2013 11:54 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
What's it like to win this Cup you all speak of?

bradshaw06 10-31-2013 12:11 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 14891289)
What's it like to win this Cup you all speak of?

:lol im beginning to forget

JRS1386 10-31-2013 12:24 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I was -11 years old when the Flyers last hoisted the Stanley Cup

bradshaw06 10-31-2013 12:27 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Why hockey players are badasses:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-X...upuistooth.gif

fonzz41 10-31-2013 12:33 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
My line of thinking since the news broke....

: pulls knife out of heart slowly, whispers, "Varly, how could you?"

(Sudden rage) we are 10-1, off to our best start ever. How could you???? Finally coming into your own and you throw it all away.... And taking the team down with you!!!

(Drops to knees, crying) why??? WHY???

(Cue slow, building music. Camera focuses on my face. Fire burning in my eyes) ...

... Get Regier on the phone. NOW!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.