Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 06-13-2013 04:04 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...nclick_check=1

Yeah they're gone.

Roose13 06-13-2013 04:44 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Reports are that the Flyers will indeed buyout Bryz

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi130613.html

TMoore4075 06-13-2013 04:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Well wouldnt be Philly without goaltending turnover.

Roose13 06-13-2013 04:50 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Apparently teammates didn't like him either.

lockman21 06-13-2013 05:09 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14638302)
Reports are that the Flyers will indeed buyout Bryz

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi130613.html

What a mess. Basically throwing away $30 million.

Alazais 06-13-2013 05:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14638302)
Reports are that the Flyers will indeed buyout Bryz

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi130613.html


What will the flyers do then?

We'll trade you scrivens, Owuya and a 2nd for Couturier.


Owuya is like a less crazy version of Bryz. He won a million dollar rap contract. Deal?

Roose13 06-13-2013 05:33 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Uh no. :lol:lol

I honestly don't like this. Now they're putting everything on Mason, unless they find a competent goalie in the FA that can create a doable two-goalie system. That or they're planning on going after a top defenseman and are freeing up the cap space.

Alazais 06-13-2013 05:41 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14638419)
Uh no. :lol:lol

I honestly don't like this. Now they're putting everything on Mason, unless they find a competent goalie in the FA that can create a doable two-goalie system. That or they're planning on going after a top defenseman and are freeing up the cap space.

But he raps...

fonzz41 06-13-2013 06:03 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Trade for Fleury.

Roose13 06-13-2013 06:09 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Uh no to that as well :lol

s0628711 06-13-2013 06:46 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Woo!! Go rangers....

TMoore4075 06-13-2013 06:59 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14638419)
Uh no. :lol:lol

I honestly don't like this. Now they're putting everything on Mason, unless they find a competent goalie in the FA that can create a doable two-goalie system. That or they're planning on going after a top defenseman and are freeing up the cap space.

I understand your concern about Mason but Bryz has sucked the last two years and that contract is bad when the goalie can't stop anything and you need cap space. Ray Emery is a UFA I think.

bradshaw06 06-13-2013 07:22 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14637074)
Yeah, no doubt Tavares gets the 'C'. Well deserved, especially after the season he had and the growth he demonstrated.

Oh, and regarding Pens, I'm telling you... at least look into trading Malkin. My deal with Buffalo is still on the table...

Heres a trade for you, just throwing it out there, if you dont like it send it on back.

Letang MAF to Avs for Varlomov and the 1st pick. ??

Crazy? Maybe, But Roy is crazy enough to do it.

Alazais 06-13-2013 07:27 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14638552)
I understand your concern about Mason but Bryz has sucked the last two years and that contract is bad when the goalie can't stop anything and you need cap space. Ray Emery is a UFA I think.

He's black. That's a close second to rapping.

n/r

Roose13 06-13-2013 07:39 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Man, Big Red has made Troy cranky today :lol:lol

JRS1386 06-13-2013 08:04 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Do it. The Bryz experiment failed horribly. Build a solid defense to support Mason, it is not like he is terrible. He is a few years removed from a Calder award and has a career GAA of 2.87 and a save percentage around 90%. Not mind blowingly amazing, but he did play for CBJ when they were god awful. Also, they should be smart and keep him on the cheap until he proves himself.

Alazais 06-13-2013 08:44 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14638619)
Man, Big Red has made Troy cranky today :lol:lol

I placed three chairs beside each other and spent the last 45 minutes sprawled out on them sleeping at work. I did not sleep much last night.

AlpineValley804 06-13-2013 09:53 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14638197)

Can't read this article. Got the message on two different browsers that I need to enable cookies to read articles on this website and I have no idea how to fix that.

Bron Yr Aur 06-13-2013 11:29 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14638653)
Do it. The Bryz experiment failed horribly. Build a solid defense to support Mason, it is not like he is terrible. He is a few years removed from a Calder award and has a career GAA of 2.87 and a save percentage around 90%. Not mind blowingly amazing, but he did play for CBJ when they were god awful. Also, they should be smart and keep him on the cheap until he proves himself.

Those numbers are bad and Philly has an awful group of d-men.

lockman21 06-14-2013 12:18 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 14638591)
Heres a trade for you, just throwing it out there, if you dont like it send it on back.

Letang MAF to Avs for Varlomov and the 1st pick. ??

Crazy? Maybe, But Roy is crazy enough to do it.

:lol

That would just be mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14638653)
Do it. The Bryz experiment failed horribly. Build a solid defense to support Mason, it is not like he is terrible. He is a few years removed from a Calder award and has a career GAA of 2.87 and a save percentage around 90%. Not mind blowingly amazing, but he did play for CBJ when they were god awful. Also, they should be smart and keep him on the cheap until he proves himself.

You clearly don't watch the Western Conference much.

JRS1386 06-14-2013 06:13 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 14639004)
Those numbers are bad and Philly has an awful group of d-men.

Well that's why I said build a solid defense around him. Read before you try to comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14639050)
:lol

That would just be mean.



You clearly don't watch the Western Conference much.

The what conference?

He has looked good in his few starts in Philly. I am not trying to say he is the answer for Philly's goaltending woes, but he can become a serviceable, and hopefully cheap, plug until a better solution is found. It's better than having Bryz and all the distractions he has and seeing how Bryz has lost favor in the locker room is even better reason to ship him out

TMoore4075 06-14-2013 08:30 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 (Post 14638839)
Can't read this article. Got the message on two different browsers that I need to enable cookies to read articles on this website and I have no idea how to fix that.

The biggest thing was a member of the council saying there is little chance they'll have enough time to make a decision by the June 25th city council meeting. NHL Board of Governors meet June 27th. I would be shocked if they are still in Phoenix. Although I'm sure I said that a lot over the last 4 years this has been going on.

fonzz41 06-14-2013 10:08 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14639150)
Well that's why I said build a solid defense around him. Read before you try to comment.



The what conference?

He has looked good in his few starts in Philly. I am not trying to say he is the answer for Philly's goaltending woes, but he can become a serviceable, and hopefully cheap, plug until a better solution is found. It's better than having Bryz and all the distractions he has and seeing how Bryz has lost favor in the locker room is even better reason to ship him out

But isn't this what Philly's been doing for the last like 15 years?

fonzz41 06-14-2013 10:15 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 14638591)
Heres a trade for you, just throwing it out there, if you dont like it send it on back.

Letang MAF to Avs for Varlomov and the 1st pick. ??

Crazy? Maybe, But Roy is crazy enough to do it.

Love you, Brad, but I'm sending this one straight back! Like I said earlier in this thread, I have confidence in Varly. I wouldn't get that close to MAF even if it meant beating him with one of Zdeno Chara's hockey sticks. I like the all-around game of Seth Jones and his future potential, so you can keep Kris Letang and his disappearing playoff act.

Nice try, but no way pal. :hug

Good thing Roy is the coach and not the GM (although one of his stipulations for taking the job was having more input in personnel acquisition), because you're right... he is crazy enough to do it.

s0628711 06-14-2013 10:28 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Why don't the flyers just play bobrovsky???

Ohh.. Right.

bradshaw06 06-14-2013 11:03 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14639575)
Love you, Brad, but I'm sending this one straight back! Like I said earlier in this thread, I have confidence in Varly. I wouldn't get that close to MAF even if it meant beating him with one of Zdeno Chara's hockey sticks. I like the all-around game of Seth Jones and his future potential, so you can keep Kris Letang and his disappearing playoff act.

Nice try, but no way pal. :hug

Good thing Roy is the coach and not the GM (although one of his stipulations for taking the job was having more input in personnel acquisition), because you're right... he is crazy enough to do it.

Lol, worth a try i suppose.. Would throwing in Tanner Glass entice you anymore:D

Roose13 06-14-2013 11:24 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
In case you missed it, my site's first ever podcast was yesterday. We spoke for a half hour on Mark Streit and Ilya Bryzgalov http://www.blogtalkradio.com/realdea.../13/tcl-flyers

fonzz41 06-14-2013 11:26 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 14639720)
Lol, worth a try i suppose.. Would throwing in Tanner Glass entice you anymore:D

Tell you what, I'll give you David Jones and Matt Hunwick for Kris Letang. Straight up. Throw in Glass if you want, but not necessary. Deal?

I wouldn't complain about a defense that included Erik Johnson, Kris Letang and Seth Jones...

bradshaw06 06-14-2013 11:36 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14639795)
Tell you what, I'll give you David Jones and Matt Hunwick for Kris Letang. Straight up. Throw in Glass if you want, but not necessary. Deal?

I wouldn't complain about a defense that included Erik Johnson, Kris Letang and Seth Jones...

Pens need to add.

So is it a certainty the Avs will go with Jones?

fonzz41 06-14-2013 11:38 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 14639820)
Pens need to add.

So is it a certainty the Avs will go with Jones?

There is some speculation they will go with McKinnon, but the more I look into it the more it looks like the talk is media-based. I'm pretty sure Jones is a done deal. They are definitely sticking with the #1 pick and not trading it.

TMoore4075 06-14-2013 01:05 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Wings re-sign Drew Miller to 3 year deal. Love keeping him. Great on the PK and has speed.

dmbetc 06-14-2013 04:25 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Hey guys!! Posting from Browns house, got in yesterday. Don't have anything hockey related to post though.

fonzz41 06-14-2013 04:35 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 14640669)
Hey guys!! Posting from Browns house, got in yesterday. Don't have anything hockey related to post though.

Have fun!

Let us know when the live Ants chat with Dustin will be held. :D

Alazais 06-14-2013 05:01 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 14640669)
Hey guys!! Posting from Browns house, got in yesterday. Don't have anything hockey related to post though.


That's pretty awesome. Post pictures of him doing weird stuff. That would be wonderful.

dmbetc 06-14-2013 05:07 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
That would be strange to post pictures of him. I do have one on my phone with his knee in some contraption (looks like a brace) while eating his 2nd ice cream sundae of the day (ah, off season).

dmbetc 06-14-2013 06:23 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
1 Attachment(s)
I did finally have him sign my jersey though.

bradshaw06 06-14-2013 06:29 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 14640925)
I did finally have him sign my jersey though.

That is pretty awesome. You should bust his balls about the 'your' though. :lol

BotheLaneFan 06-14-2013 06:31 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I didn't wanna be the first to say it. Lol.

dmbetc 06-14-2013 06:44 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
:lol first thing I saw too. I didn't say anything though.

Roose13 06-14-2013 07:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
LOL the writer in me wanted to say it too :lol:lol

kev87lads 06-14-2013 07:24 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
First thing we all saw. Who needs education when you can play hockey that well though!?!?!??!!? jk D. Brown!

dmbetc 06-14-2013 07:50 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Ugh, I need a new avatar now. Lame.

Roose13 06-14-2013 07:55 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Make it the jersey he signed with a closeup of his grammar fail :lol:lol

kev87lads 06-14-2013 08:00 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
^ yes. this.

fonzz41 06-14-2013 11:55 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Well, this is the same guy that tried to take a swig of water out the wrong end of the bottle...

DmBand801 06-15-2013 01:06 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Alain Vigneault will be the new coach of the New York Rangers.

JRS1386 06-15-2013 07:14 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14639552)
But isn't this what Philly's been doing for the last like 15 years?

It's got to work eventually, right?

~Crashintome89~ 06-15-2013 08:54 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
little known fact, but Mason has one of the worst, if not the worst GAA since the lockout.

fonzz41 06-15-2013 04:35 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 14641353)
Alain Vigneault will be the new coach of the New York Rangers.

Prepare for the Rangers to become the biggest group of douche bags in the league now... ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14641447)
It's got to work eventually, right?

I appreciate the optimism. :thumbsup if it were any other team giving the starting job to a guy who has sucked for years but played a handful of good games after being acquired, I might be surprised. But for the Flyers, I guess this is pretty par for the course.

TMoore4075 06-16-2013 09:10 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Flames offered all 3 first rounders they have for Avs #1...they said no. Probably good think for the Flames. You don't replace depth with 1 pick. Especially in as deep a draft as this.

A lease deal has been agrees upon in Phoenix but needs to be voted on by council. Not a for sure thing. Apparently on CBC Hotstove last night they said it sounds like Seattle is indeed the place. Canucks minor league team was told they couldn't play at Key Arena..I'm assuming just in case Coyotes go there.

TMoore4075 06-16-2013 10:23 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...y-for-coyotes/

There it is. I'd take Seattle over Phoenix.

mr.MikeD 06-16-2013 10:37 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Why are they even trying to make Phoenix work at this point, just move them.

fonzz41 06-16-2013 04:04 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads on these parts. Tim, Kevin, Erik, Salrx, and anyone else I'm missing. Oh, and Chris and Matt, who probably have kids out there they don't even know about. ;)

Keep up the good work of raising your kids in the way of the puck.

fonzz41 06-16-2013 04:06 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14643335)
Flames offered all 3 first rounders they have for Avs #1...they said no. Probably good think for the Flames. You don't replace depth with 1 pick. Especially in as deep a draft as this.

A lease deal has been agrees upon in Phoenix but needs to be voted on by council. Not a for sure thing. Apparently on CBC Hotstove last night they said it sounds like Seattle is indeed the place. Canucks minor league team was told they couldn't play at Key Arena..I'm assuming just in case Coyotes go there.

Feaster is such an idiot.

dmbetc 06-17-2013 12:44 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Happy Fathers Day all you daddies out there!

TMoore4075 06-17-2013 08:20 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14643873)
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads on these parts. Tim, Kevin, Erik, Salrx, and anyone else I'm missing. Oh, and Chris and Matt, who probably have kids out there they don't even know about. ;)

Keep up the good work of raising your kids in the way of the puck.

Griffin hasn't asked to watch hockey at bedtime like he was when the Wings were still on. Wonder if somehow he knew they were done. lol

kev87lads 06-17-2013 10:38 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
^ Clutch.

TMoore4075 06-17-2013 11:29 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
That's my favorite player right there...

http://mihockeynow.com/2013/06/zette...-charity-work/

dmbetc 06-17-2013 12:35 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I had a dream that I ran into Toews at the grocery store, he was completely wasted and hitting on me. So we went to the car and had sex in the parking lot. The first thing I did after he left was get on here to tell you guys. :lol:lol wtf?!

TMoore4075 06-17-2013 12:41 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 14646143)
I had a dream that I ran into Toews at the grocery store, he was completely wasted and hitting on me. So we went to the car and had sex in the parking lot. The first thing I did after he left was get on here to tell you guys. :lol:lol wtf?!

That's weird...on a lot of different levels.

hailtopitt 06-17-2013 12:44 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
i had a dream that a hamburger was eating me!

dmbetc 06-17-2013 01:23 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14646166)
That's weird...on a lot of different levels.

I know, it was more a nightmare.

JRS1386 06-17-2013 02:21 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14646166)
That's weird...on a lot of different levels.

I know right, that's definitely a Kaner move.

DmBand801 06-17-2013 02:31 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14645446)
Griffin hasn't asked to watch hockey at bedtime like he was when the Wings were still on. Wonder if somehow he knew they were done. lol

That's pretty funny :lol:thumbsup

kev87lads 06-17-2013 03:10 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14646485)
I know right, that's definitely a Kaner move.

:lol :thumbsup

fonzz41 06-17-2013 03:18 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 14646143)
I had a dream that I ran into Toews at the grocery store, he was completely wasted and hitting on me. So we went to the car and had sex in the parking lot. The first thing I did after he left was get on here to tell you guys. :lol:lol wtf?!

That is hilarious :lol. I can just see you going "ew ew ew" the whole time.

What would've been better is if it were Kane, and after you sad, "eh, not good enough"

TMoore4075 06-17-2013 03:27 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14646485)
I know right, that's definitely a Kaner move.

Sadly that thought did enter my mind.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14646711)
That is hilarious :lol. I can just see you going "ew ew ew" the whole time.

What would've been better is if it were Kane, and after you sad, "eh, not good enough"

hahaha

TMoore4075 06-17-2013 04:46 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/sports/...service=mobile

Sorry for the mobile link but meant to bring this up earlier. Some amazingly stupid votes there. Sherman for GM of the year!

salrx95 06-17-2013 05:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14643873)
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads on these parts. Tim, Kevin, Erik, Salrx, and anyone else I'm missing. Oh, and Chris and Matt, who probably have kids out there they don't even know about. ;)

Keep up the good work of raising your kids in the way of the puck.

Hey thanks. It's just Sal.

Yeah, they've been told they can root for whoever they want in football and basketball and that I'd prefer they be Yankee fans but I told them they have no choice but to be Islander fans.

Roose13 06-17-2013 05:39 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
According to Darren Dreger, the Flyers have signed Streit for four years: http://flyers.thecheckingline.com/bl...al-mark-streit

Tim Panaccio is saying the number was near $5.75 MM per year. Fuck

~Crashintome89~ 06-17-2013 05:45 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Officially, its $5.25 mil.

I don't mind it at all. I don't trust the health of this defense between Timonen, Mez, and now Grossmann.

Roose13 06-17-2013 05:59 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
money is fine. Years concern me. He can def live up to the deal through the first two years. It's the next two that concern me

salrx95 06-17-2013 06:06 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14647041)
money is fine. Years concern me. He can def live up to the deal through the first two years. It's the next two that concern me

He didn't come to the NHL and become a regular til his late 20's . Those years in Europe had less games so I think his age is less of a concern as far as wear and tear goes. It's his game, especially in his own end that should concern you most along with the dollars...wow. That' said, I wanted him resigned only because he will be replaced from within and that guy won't be nearly as good.

lockman21 06-17-2013 06:07 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
:lol Flyers totally would sign Streit to that contract. Hilariously awful.

bradshaw06 06-17-2013 06:10 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Gonchar gets 5 and Streit gets 5.25. Holy fuck Letang is going to get paid.

Roose13 06-17-2013 06:15 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Valid point about Europe, but he missed a whole season with a shoulder injury that has hindered his physical play. Flyers signed him on offense alone because that's Laviolette's system.

~Crashintome89~ 06-17-2013 06:16 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I don't know why people are aghast by the money. Carle got $5 last year, Gonchar got $5 this year. That's the rate for d-men now.

bradshaw06 06-17-2013 06:18 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Timonen - 6
Streit - 5.25
Coburn - 4.5
Meszaros - 4
Schenn - 3.6
Grossman - 3.5

Roose13 06-17-2013 06:24 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Meszaros will hopefully be gone.

dduncan6er 06-17-2013 06:25 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Ugh Seidenberg is a $6 million defenseman with some of these awful contracts that have been given out. Hope he takes a discount.

lockman21 06-17-2013 06:26 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14647063)
I don't know why people are aghast by the money. Carle got $5 last year, Gonchar got $5 this year. That's the rate for d-men now.

Because the Flyers are the most cap fucked team in the league, need to buy out their 2 time NHL All-Star and their goaltender, just to sign a past-his-prime 35 year old defenseman to a 4 year deal with a $5+ million cap hit.

The Flyers need to dig themselves out of a hole, not keep signing ridiculous contracts. They have Giroux to resign after next year! Ridiculous contract.

bonzo48280 06-17-2013 06:26 PM

Holmgren gonna Holmgren

lockman21 06-17-2013 06:29 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Plus, Streit is not the type of defenseman that the Flyers need. At all.

Roose13 06-17-2013 06:32 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14647085)
Plus, Streit is not the type of defenseman that the Flyers need. At all.

Offensive system, offensive d'man.

Roose13 06-17-2013 06:40 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14647078)
Because the Flyers are the most cap fucked team in the league, need to buy out their 2 time NHL All-Star and their goaltender, just to sign a past-his-prime 35 year old defenseman to a 4 year deal with a $5+ million cap hit.

The Flyers need to dig themselves out of a hole, not keep signing ridiculous contracts. They have Giroux to resign after next year! Ridiculous contract.

2-time NHL All-Star who is 35 and scored one goal in the last 21 games this past season. He's Scott Gomez now.

lockman21 06-17-2013 06:42 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14647089)
Offensive system, offensive d'man.

Right, offensive teams don't need ANY shut down defenseman. :rolleyes

How many teams does that work out for?

Spoiler alert - zero.

lockman21 06-17-2013 06:43 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14647099)
2-time NHL All-Star who is 35 and scored one goal in the last 21 games this past season. He's Scott Gomez now.

:lol So Briere is past his prime but Mark Streit isn't? Come on man, there's a difference between being a homer and being delusional.

bradshaw06 06-17-2013 06:53 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Probably hoping the cap goes up quickly.

TMoore4075 06-17-2013 07:00 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Most accurate tweet I saw was the Flyers do their best to improve every year. Meaning they only think about next year and not down the road. Thought that was right.

JRS1386 06-17-2013 07:09 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
The mentality in the Flyers orginization is just to keep patching holes til one day it eventually works. This attitude is brought down from Snyder and is continued perfectly by Holmgren. They need to rebuild and realize that a few years of sucking will be worth it if they are smart of it.

lockman21 06-17-2013 07:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14647146)
Most accurate tweet I saw was the Flyers do their best to improve every year. Meaning they only think about next year and not down the road. Thought that was right.

Exactly. It's crazy. They have possibly the worst group of prospects in the NHL, and continue to trade draft picks and sign $5+ million deals.

It makes absolutely zero sense.

lockman21 06-17-2013 07:14 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14647155)
The mentality in the Flyers orginization is just to keep patching holes til one day it eventually works. This attitude is brought down from Snyder and is continued perfectly by Holmgren. They need to rebuild and realize that a few years of sucking will be worth it if they are smart of it.

Yes! Right. And "patching holes" any way they can, even if it's not a perfect fit. How many puck moving defenseman do they need?!

They have no one really coming up in the system. Scott Laughton, maybe...Gustafsson? Other than that, there is absolutely 0 depth there.

JRS1386 06-17-2013 07:31 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14647175)
Yes! Right. And "patching holes" any way they can, even if it's not a perfect fit. How many puck moving defenseman do they need?!

They have no one really coming up in the system. Scott Laughton, maybe...Gustafsson? Other than that, there is absolutely 0 depth there.

I think the loss of Pronger really set the franchise (read Snyder and Homgren) into a nose dive. They felt without Pronger they needed to just try and get the best defensemen available and when that failed to just over pay or trade for whoever the hell they can get their hands on

Roose13 06-17-2013 07:31 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14647109)
:lol So Briere is past his prime but Mark Streit isn't? Come on man, there's a difference between being a homer and being delusional.

Streit put up more points last year than Briere, and he's a defenseman :lol

JRS1386 06-17-2013 07:34 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Though I do not want to get into the deal we gave Promger which was ridiculous

Roose13 06-17-2013 07:36 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Chris, you're wrong about all the right things :lol:lol The move was the wrong one, but not for the reasons you're stating. He can still play at a high level offensively, but the first two years are more of a guarantee for success than the next two. And your assessment of Briere is just way wrong. Streit is 10x more valuable than Briere and will be making less money.

As far as depth there's Laughton, Stolarz, Cousins, Gustafsson (who should be playing in the NHL right now), and Lauridsen may have earned a spot on the roster (if they get rid of Meszaros). Akeson could play in the NHL and then there will be the defenseman (I hope) they draft this year.

lockman21 06-17-2013 08:16 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14647221)
Chris, you're wrong about all the right things :lol:lol The move was the wrong one, but not for the reasons you're stating. He can still play at a high level offensively, but the first two years are more of a guarantee for success than the next two. And your assessment of Briere is just way wrong. Streit is 10x more valuable than Briere and will be making less money.

As far as depth there's Laughton, Stolarz, Cousins, Gustafsson (who should be playing in the NHL right now), and Lauridsen may have earned a spot on the roster (if they get rid of Meszaros). Akeson could play in the NHL and then there will be the defenseman (I hope) they draft this year.

You are misinterpreting what I am saying.

I'm not saying buying out Briere is a BAD option, I'm saying it's counter productive to buy out an aging player and replace him with another. You're replacing a bad cap hit with another one.

The move would have been to keep the 4th round pick, and not acquire Streit in the first place, and still make the buyouts they were planning on.

And please check out hockeysfuture.com, or any other prospect ranking site...Flyers are bottom 3 in all of them (most have them as dead last).

Bron Yr Aur 06-17-2013 08:24 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Ugh no Hossa. That's rough.

Bron Yr Aur 06-17-2013 08:38 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Aging players are a bad bet no matter who they are. That is a ridiculous signing. But those defending it are the same folks who defended the Bryz contract.

~Crashintome89~ 06-17-2013 09:14 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Akeson is not NHL ready. He's undersized and not a great skater.

Cousins is at least two seasons from even making a NHL roster, let alone contribute.

So yeah, the Flyers have no depth.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.