Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   *Prompter Thread* (NO personal attacks, NO trolling) (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=343913)

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:19 PM

Re: ** The Trump Thread SAFE SPACE ** (NO Personal Attacks; NO Trolling)

If kids could do it, why don't the employers hire them?

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:21 PM

The answer is (1) they are hiring high schoolers to do it and (2) that doesn't satisfy the demand so they have to hire other (illegal) people to do it. Are there a bunch of high schoolers that are looking for work that can't get it? Because they should move to Madison, Wisconsin, I see signs all over for fast food jobs.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonz085 (Post 16734512)
The point is, there are already people here who should be doing these jobs because as you said, they are low skill in nature.

The employer could make those jobs be american citizens and they don't. Who is to blame?

gonz085 03-04-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734514)
The answer is (1) they are hiring high schoolers to do it and (2) that doesn't satisfy the demand so they have to hire other (illegal) people to do it. Are there a bunch of high schoolers that are looking for work that can't get it? Because they should move to Madison, Wisconsin, I see signs all over for fast food jobs.

Precisely. That's why I said their parents should probably force them to take one of those jobs and part of the problem gets solved. I think our misunderstanding of each other comes from different viewpoints as to what jobs illegals take. You are talking about the picking fruits and vegetables all day, I'm talking from the viewpoint of dishwasher, bus boy, fast food, landscaping. I would be crazy to think a kid would drop out of school to do the field work, and I would never advocate it. But that's why I brought up the people on welfare because that's more of a direct solution and directly references what you speak of.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:26 PM

So we have an under employment situation going on amongst our American teens? That's your claim?

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:27 PM

So really, AMERICANS (and especially teens and their parents) are to blame for the illegal problem?

Route_2 03-04-2017 04:28 PM

I know we're onto immigration now, but if you're still interested in the Trump "tapping" tweets from this morning, this is the best thing I've seen written up on the topic so far. Very thorough walkthrough of what is known and what isn't. Well worth a read.

https://www.justsecurity.org/38347/tapping-trump/

gonz085 03-04-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734518)
So we have an under employment situation going on amongst our American teens? That's your claim?

No, I said they would only be able to take a portion of those jobs. Clearly not all. Though it's probably in their best interest to take one of these shitty jobs while they are young.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734519)
So really, AMERICANS (and especially teens and their parents) are to blame for the illegal problem?

I'd say government. If you de incentivize work, it's not hard to see how you get where we are.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonz085 (Post 16734521)
No, I said they would only be able to take a portion of those jobs. Clearly not all. Though it's probably in their best interest to take one of these shitty jobs while they are young.

I'd say government. If you de incentivize work, it's not hard to see how you get where we are.

Fair enough. I think we've reached the end of this conversation and we disagree.

gonz085 03-04-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734523)
Fair enough. I think we've reached the end of this conversation and we disagree.

Sounds good. If anything I posted came off as demeaning or condescending it was not meant to. I actually think we probably agree on more than you think, but I'm fine with ending this here.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:38 PM

Nah, you are good in my book. Same with me. If anything I posted came off as demeaning or condescending it was not meant to.

BTBaboon 03-04-2017 04:49 PM

By the way. When are we getting that voter fraud commission? Seems like a true threat to democracy and yet Trump and the GOP congress have done nothing about it. Hmmm

ShotgunDMB 03-04-2017 04:51 PM

As long as Trump is better than Bush, Clinton and Obama on immigration, that'll be a step in the right direction. Mexico was never going to pay for the wall, any rational person knew that. I'm fairly hawkish on immigration and would like to see a wall along with more border enforcement and increased deportations. Lot of special interests get in the way of us dealing with the issue rationally, the corporatist Republicans want the cheap labor, the Democrats want more poor, marginalized people to vote for them.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTBaboon (Post 16734529)
By the way. When are we getting that voter fraud commission? Seems like a true threat to democracy and yet Trump and the GOP congress have done nothing about it. Hmmm

I already made that joke to currupted a few pages back i/r/t unsubstantiated claims we are supposed to take seriously.

scrock25 03-04-2017 04:57 PM

I mean, didn't Obama deport tons and tons of illegal immigrants? What am I missing?

MDPrompter 03-04-2017 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734531)
As long as Trump is better than Bush, Clinton and Obama on immigration, that'll be a step in the right direction. Mexico was never going to pay for the wall, any rational person knew that. I'm fairly hawkish on immigration and would like to see a wall along with more border enforcement and increased deportations. Lot of special interests get in the way of us dealing with the issue rationally, the corporatist Republicans want the cheap labor, the Democrats want more poor, marginalized people to vote for them.

Bush tried. I really liked the bill he and McCain were pushing. Then the loony fringe of the right found the word amnesty on their word of the day TP, proceeded to use the word incorrectly, and sunk the bill.

Route_2 03-04-2017 04:58 PM

Read a report today that we are sending people back to Mexico that don't even speak Spanish. Not passing judgement either way, but that would suck. Although, they say immersion is the best way to quickly learn a new language.

zajDmB1 03-04-2017 04:59 PM

Obama evil...:lol

cazzie34 03-04-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734531)

Yeah, he should be as good as Reagan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigr...ol_Act_of_1986 .

"But the bill also made any immigrant who'd entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty — a word not usually associated with the father of modern conservatism."

ShotgunDMB 03-04-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrock25 (Post 16734536)
I mean, didn't Obama deport tons and tons of illegal immigrants? What am I missing?

He did, but you've got to take into account the fact that illegal immigration really boomed in the 80's, 90's, early 2000's, so of course Bush and Obama had more illegal immigrants to deport.

ShotgunDMB 03-04-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734541)
Yeah, he should be as good as Reagan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigr...ol_Act_of_1986 .

"But the bill also made any immigrant who'd entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty — a word not usually associated with the father of modern conservatism."

That was a big blunder by Reagan. Obviously the bill did nothing to limit illegal immigration.

scrock25 03-04-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734542)
He did, but you've got to take into account the fact that illegal immigration really boomed in the 80's, 90's, early 2000's, so of course Bush and Obama had more illegal immigrants to deport.

Uh... ok :confused

MDPrompter 03-04-2017 05:01 PM

Reagan was left of center by today's standards

zajDmB1 03-04-2017 05:02 PM

So those March 4 Trumps were huge right? Biggest rallies ever?

ShotgunDMB 03-04-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdmarvich (Post 16734546)
Reagan was left of center by today's standards

He was a right wing nut. Sorry bud.

rconverse 03-04-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrock25 (Post 16734536)

The protests.

cazzie34 03-04-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734544)
That was a big blunder by Reagan. Obviously the bill did nothing to limit illegal immigration.

So go back to Carter? Nixon?

Probably Johnson for eliminating the Bracero program, right? That was a smart move?

ShotgunDMB 03-04-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzie34 (Post 16734551)
So go back to Carter? Nixon?

Probably Johnson for eliminating the Bracero program, right?

It's not a matter of "going back" to anything. How about just enforce the damn laws, and secure our border like every other sovereign nation does?

rconverse 03-04-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB (Post 16734544)

Agreed, 100%. Amnesty has been tried and doesn't work.

Route_2 03-04-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zajDmB1 (Post 16734547)
So those March 4 Trumps were huge right? Biggest rallies ever?

I heard tens of people showed up.