Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

laststopdmb 08-14-2019 03:57 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenticus (Post 17522395)
Which of these Sirius tips do people think has best sound quality or best performance? Just curious from anyone who’s bothered to listen to all them.

I've listened to each one from this year once other then Bethel. I'll get to that tomorrow or the next day. They all sound pretty good. I think Oak Mountain's Sound Quality is one of the best and the YouTube Rip from Bristow is pretty good too, otherwise, they all sound the same. Those two stick out to me.

seanbrutus 08-14-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Which of these Sirius tips do people think has best sound quality or best performance? Just curious from anyone who’s bothered to listen to all them.

The quality on Bethel is good, but I honestly prefer the tape from earlier in the summer. All the other ones are top notch. The horns feel too low on the Bethel mix and, although it’s a rare complaint, Dave seems too loud. The tape was closer to how the night felt when I was there.

All of the other ones I’ve heard (especially N1 SPAC), were awesome. That was a great show live and they got that quality on the stream.

kenticus 08-15-2019 05:26 AM

Listening to some of these and just to songs they have not officially released with buddy yet and gotta say grace is gone is consistently pretty awesome with this lineup. Love the piano and slide guitar work, imagine if buddy did more piano like this he’s get more love around here - I generally like what the dude does except the weird synth solo he takes on funny the way it is

laststopdmb 08-15-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanbrutus (Post 17522580)
The quality on Bethel is good, but I honestly prefer the tape from earlier in the summer. All the other ones are top notch. The horns feel too low on the Bethel mix and, although it’s a rare complaint, Dave seems too loud. The tape was closer to how the night felt when I was there.

All of the other ones I’ve heard (especially N1 SPAC), were awesome. That was a great show live and they got that quality on the stream.

Listening to Bethel now and holy smokes it sounds so good. Also, side note, The Stone from this show is the best I've heard with Buddy. Buddy sounds incredible and Jeff goes nuts. So far, this is the best Sirius show I've heard.

tubaguy1145 08-15-2019 04:37 PM

There was a lot of hate directed at Ari and Sirius early in the 2019 radio series (rightly so, they were talking over the music), but they’ve corrected the bad behavior and the live concerts are now fun to listen to and a nice keepsake for anyone at the show. So thanks Ari and Sirius (I think maybe your son is on these boards, pass the message to Dad), thanks for listening to what the fans want, and keep the live streams coming.

tubaguy1145 08-15-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laststopdmb (Post 17522413)
I've listened to each one from this year once other then Bethel. I'll get to that tomorrow or the next day. They all sound pretty good. I think Oak Mountain's Sound Quality is one of the best and the YouTube Rip from Bristow is pretty good too, otherwise, they all sound the same. Those two stick out to me.

I keep going back to Oak Mountain (that Seek Up, oh man), and Alpine N1. Buddy’s keys were turned way up on the Alpine broadcast and it’s kind of awesome. Band sounds great at Spac as always, I admit through gritted teeth. The Amsterdam show also has a lot of energy, the band clearly loves being there.

laststopdmb 08-15-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubaguy1145 (Post 17523165)
I keep going back to Oak Mountain (that Seek Up, oh man), and Alpine N1. Buddy’s keys were turned way up on the Alpine broadcast and it’s kind of awesome. Band sounds great at Spac as always, I admit through gritted teeth. The Amsterdam show also has a lot of energy, the band clearly loves being there.

That Seek Up from Oak Mountain is unreal. Buddy sounds so good. I was at that show too and I don't remember hearing Buddy that well during the song. I'll have to re listen to Amsterdam again and Spac again.

specialkd24 08-15-2019 07:41 PM

What do you think it would take to make this a permanent station?

Madnana 08-16-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialkd24 (Post 17523248)
What do you think it would take to make this a permanent station?

For the band to be more relevant, even during the off-season. Maybe if they ever released music videos when they're not on tour ...or ever!

TheLastPig 08-16-2019 09:07 AM

yea a permanent channel aint happening.

sab2423 08-16-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17523493)
yea a permanent channel aint happening.

We can (and do) argue about comparing Phish and DMB.

Setlists and all that aside, is DMB not a more mainstream popular band? Phish just got a permanent Sirius channel, why couldn't DMB?

CDN-DMBfan 08-16-2019 12:39 PM

This isn't in free preview still is it?
It doesn't work in my car but the app still streams?
Weird

specialkd24 08-16-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sab2423 (Post 17523557)
We can (and do) argue about comparing Phish and DMB.

Setlists and all that aside, is DMB not a more mainstream popular band? Phish just got a permanent Sirius channel, why couldn't DMB?

I would think so. Look at their social media numbers (I know that not everything but a good idea of popularity). DMB has 3.1 million likes on Facebook, and Phish has 687,000.

But maybe it isn't mainstream popularity they are looking for. Maybe the Phish diehards are more likely to subscribe.

I think it has been better this year than last. And if they made it year-round, they could still release a new show every Friday night to build momentum.

specialkd24 08-16-2019 07:49 PM

Loved the Des Moines show.

But it made me even madder how bad the setlist was in Nashville for my hometown shows 3 days before.

crashintonickdm 08-16-2019 08:02 PM

Heard a 95 recently>water wine>blue water earlier

Was surprised.

Nacho220 08-17-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

I haven’t had a chance to listen to all of this years streams. I’ve listened to the ones before WPB N1 but the ones after that I haven’t had the time yet, unfortunately.

But those I did hear from this year were lacking in quality to those last year. Both WPB streams from 2018 - for me - are the best ones I’ve heard as far as quality goes. Everything sounds good in the mix plus they were able to capture the room to really make it feel like a live show. Crowd is mixed in nicely helping with that as well.

This years streams - again, for me - are severely lacking in quality compared to last years. The performances are excellent but the quality could use improvement.

I heard Ari say that the Des Moines show was airing because he asked on Twitter and that was the overwhelming request. I went back through his timeline and I couldn’t even find the last time he mentioned DMB/DMBRadio. I was trying to ask about a WPB N1 rebroadcast since I was at the show but didn’t get to hear the stream. We came back from Florida on the Friday after and I listened all day - they didn’t do a rebroadcast. Go figure, early on they were running the streams into the ground all week, ha!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Nacho220 08-17-2019 05:50 AM

Just to add to my feedback/opinion from my previous post... I think the channel is better overall this year. Especially as the weeks went on. They’ve added some deeper live tracks and some more songs into the rotation that weren’t there last year.

It would be nice to have the channel become permanent but I’d rather see whatever partnership they do have with Nugs.net grow.

sean52692 08-17-2019 08:18 AM

Every time I tune in, I hear Stevie Wonder followed by that an early Dave solo Jane or Nancies demo.

skiddiet 08-17-2019 10:12 AM

This Des Moines Crush is excellent.... Crush is just excellent

daspfund22 08-17-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho220 (Post 17523879)
I haven’t had a chance to listen to all of this years streams. I’ve listened to the ones before WPB N1 but the ones after that I haven’t had the time yet, unfortunately.

But those I did hear from this year were lacking in quality to those last year. Both WPB streams from 2018 - for me - are the best ones I’ve heard as far as quality goes. Everything sounds good in the mix plus they were able to capture the room to really make it feel like a live show. Crowd is mixed in nicely helping with that as well.

This years streams - again, for me - are severely lacking in quality compared to last years. The performances are excellent but the quality could use improvement.

I heard Ari say that the Des Moines show was airing because he asked on Twitter and that was the overwhelming request. I went back through his timeline and I couldn’t even find the last time he mentioned DMB/DMBRadio. I was trying to ask about a WPB N1 rebroadcast since I was at the show but didn’t get to hear the stream. We came back from Florida on the Friday after and I listened all day - they didn’t do a rebroadcast. Go figure, early on they were running the streams into the ground all week, ha!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I heard that this morning too and was thinking that I don’t recall an overwhelming response for people wanting this show. The three shows they have aired during the tour break have all basically been the same I feel like. We all know they like to play similar songs for awhile and with the break from May to June I’m not sure why they played all three of these shows from May. Would have made more sense to do one from each month.

davem#36 08-17-2019 12:36 PM

Rarely listen unless it’s fri nights. 2019&2018 shows and so many studio tracks. Shit gets old

davem#36 08-17-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 17523822)

Was surprised.

Well damn

Le Master 08-17-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean52692 (Post 17523913)
Every time I tune in, I hear Stevie Wonder followed by that an early Dave solo Jane or Nancies demo.

Also:
Sly and the Family Stone
Stefan needing to listen to more Pink Floyd.
Carter apologizing to Dave so he can hear some Earth, Wind, and Fire.
Dave acknowledging the genius of Michael Byrne.
Rashawn with the funkiest pop artist Michael Jackson.

Le Master 08-17-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 17523822)

Was surprised.

They like to play the 2/25/95 Easton, PA version.

jl1982 08-17-2019 01:34 PM

Been away, is the rip of the Des Moines show available?

SeekNancyUp 08-17-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl1982 (Post 17523977)

Yes. Definitely want this. Super surprised and excited when I tuned in today to see the Des Moines show streaming. Love it.

DMBstandUP1984 08-17-2019 03:42 PM

Was that a few seconds of the hello again “she was my one and only” into before why I am?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hkhund07 08-18-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl1982 (Post 17523977)

Give it a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pattyman313 08-18-2019 06:28 AM

[QUOTE=DMBstandUP1984;17524001]Was that a few seconds of the hello again “she was my one and only” into before why I am?

For what show?

DMBstandUP1984 08-18-2019 06:41 AM

Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

[QUOTE=pattyman313;17524089]
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17524001)
Was that a few seconds of the hello again “she was my one and only” into before why I am?

For what show?

The one they played Friday night

Never mind says it was a KTP tease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro