Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 05-03-2016 01:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16397636)
also, you guys have to drink all the zimas this weekend as I'll be doing the work thing.

Yep. You sure do run that place.

;)

barbogast 05-03-2016 01:19 PM

JRS and Bobalewlewlewlew you guys good for 3pm? Sounds like that might be our time

barbogast 05-03-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16397659)
If this was one weekend later, I would totally take you up on this. Sounds like the Ants crew is going to have a blast there!

Wish you could come bud. Would be fun to talk with you again now that we've become nhl thread buddies

TheLastPig 05-03-2016 01:30 PM

Stopped in to see reaction to Letang's suspension. 1 game is probably right if Orpik got 3.

The suggestion that the Pens are getting favorable calls/decisions from the league by Trotz and fans is freaking preposterous.

Maybe that used to happen, but it hasnt happened in years.

TheLastPig 05-03-2016 01:33 PM

Caps probably win tomorrow, but if Letang had to be out, game 4 is probably the best option. After a poor defensive performance last night, the entire team will go into tomorrow with a defensive mindset. If the Pens pull it out tomorrow, this series is over.

JRS1386 05-03-2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16397679)
JRS and Bobalewlewlewlew you guys good for 3pm? Sounds like that might be our time

How long will you be going? I'm going in to work to see if I can leave by 1 on Saturday

hailtopitt 05-03-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16397694)
Stopped in to see reaction to Letang's suspension. 1 game is probably right if Orpik got 3.

The suggestion that the Pens are getting favorable calls/decisions from the league by Trotz and fans is freaking preposterous.

Maybe that used to happen, but it hasnt happened in years.

the bolded is a complete misconception

aeroshady 05-03-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16397680)
Wish you could come bud. Would be fun to talk with you again now that we've become nhl thread buddies

:thumbsup

Hopefully this wont be the last get together for ants (really NHL thread ants)!

We may get on each other (especially during playoffs), but I also love this online hockey community/ DMB fans!

TheLastPig 05-03-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16397703)
the bolded is a complete misconception

So you think it still happens?

hailtopitt 05-03-2016 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16397707)
So you think it still happens?

no, it never happened to begin with

out of all of the cheap shots Crosby has taken over the years, of all the concussions and cross-checks to the neck & head, there has only been 1 game TOTAL in suspensions handed out to players who have cheap shotted Crosby

so the narrative that Crosby gets special treatment or that the Penguins are the league's darling child is such a bullshit narrative by fans and media members who don't like the Penguins

barbogast 05-03-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16397694)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16397701)
How long will you be going? I'm going in to work to see if I can leave by 1 on Saturday

Not really sure. Probably 4:30-5 I would think

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16397704)

We may get on each other (especially during playoffs), but I also love this online hockey community/ DMB fans!

:thumbsup this thread is my favorite place to talk about hockey including my in real life friends

TheLastPig 05-03-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16397717)
no, it never happened to begin with

out of all of the cheap shots Crosby has taken over the years, of all the concussions and cross-checks to the neck & head, there has only been 1 game TOTAL in suspensions handed out to players who have cheap shotted Crosby

so the narrative that Crosby gets special treatment or that the Penguins are the league's darling child is such a bullshit narrative by fans and media members who don't like the Penguins

Well said :thumbsup

Mike Wilbon apparently made a comment that the penguins the most whiny team in the league and that they favor crosby and malkin :lol

Thats a criticism from 2010.

I cant stand when that moron makes comments about hockey. Guy probably hasnt watched a game since the cup final last year yet he perpetuates awful narratives across the country of the Pens/Crosby

salrx95 05-03-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Same here. Wish I could have come down. If we didn't go to tour Charlottesville and then go to Bristow last year , we might have come down. Between that our summer already spoken for , we likely would have come down. If this get together was talked about right away, I think I would have pushed for us to make it work. I'm my wife would have loved talking hockey with some dmb mixed all Mothers Day weekend.

aeroshady 05-03-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16397726)
Same here. Wish I could have come down. If we didn't go to tour Charlottesville and then go to Bristow last year , we might have come down. Between that our summer already spoken for , we likely would have come down. If this get together was talked about right away, I think I would have pushed for us to make it work. I'm my wife would have loved talking hockey with some dmb mixed all Mothers Day weekend.

BTW Sal, did you hear anything about rick dipietro and mike francesa having it out over the air on their two radio shows today about the Islanders? I was listening, it was pretty crazy haha. I guess the Islanders canceled their appearances on Mike's show and he complained about it. So Dipietro called him out on it haha

aeroshady 05-03-2016 02:11 PM

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/mike...rick-dipietro/

Link to the above argument.

hailtopitt 05-03-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16397722)
Well said :thumbsup

Mike Wilbon apparently made a comment that the penguins the most whiny team in the league and that they favor crosby and malkin :lol

Thats a criticism from 2010.

I cant stand when that moron makes comments about hockey. Guy probably hasnt watched a game since the cup final last year yet he perpetuates awful narratives across the country of the Pens/Crosby

:lol Wilbon talking hockey :lol

christ

TMoore4075 05-03-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16397763)
:lol Wilbon talking hockey :lol

christ

Yeah I watch PTI but they don't know hockey....at all.

TheLastPig 05-03-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16397783)
Yeah I watch PTI but they don't know hockey....at all.

PTI is one of the few good things left on ESPN, but they know NOTHING about hockey. Tony doesnt even try to comment most of the time, so that leaves Wilbon to blabber on for a minute about a game he saw no more than 30 seconds worth of highlights of.

salrx95 05-03-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16397743)
BTW Sal, did you hear anything about rick dipietro and mike francesa having it out over the air on their two radio shows today about the Islanders? I was listening, it was pretty crazy haha. I guess the Islanders canceled their appearances on Mike's show and he complained about it. So Dipietro called him out on it haha

Oh yeah. I gotta listen to that.

Thanks for the link.

Brohan_Santana 05-03-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16397546)
And the biggest contender out west is the Sharks.

Not sure if serious, no way are the Sharks better than the Blues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16397605)
Curiously, Ovechkin got a 0-game suspension for this hit, which is a hair worse than Letang's hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8myT-qqM0TI

This is not a knock on Ovechkin as much as it is a knock on the inconsistent #garageleague. And with that, I'm done with this topic.

Are you really trying to compare a hit from 4 years ago to how the league disciplines now? Why don't you pull out clips from the 80's and 90's while you're at it and compare to modern day

fonzz41 05-03-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16397829)
Not sure if serious, no way are the Sharks better than the Blues.

Dead serious. If you don't think so, you are:
A: not watching Sharks games
B: only comparing depth charts
C: are not well versed in the game
D: any combination of the above

aeroshady 05-03-2016 03:08 PM

In the west I honestly believe that the Stars, Blues and Sharks are all pretty even, and the Preds are just a little behind. I would not be surprised with any of those 3 teams winning the WCF. Nashville is really the only team that would surprise me coming out of the west.

fonzz41 05-03-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16397833)
In the west I honestly believe that the Stars, Blues and Sharks are all pretty even, and the Preds are just a little behind. I would not be surprised with any of those 3 teams winning the WCF. Nashville is really the only team that would surprise me coming out of the west.

I mostly agree with this. :thumbsup

The Sharks are playing fantastic team hockey right now. One of those whole is better than the sum of the parts scenarios. But if they begin to falter, the Blues and Stars are nipping right at their heels.

~Crashintome89~ 05-03-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Shut up, Greg.

~Crashintome89~ 05-03-2016 04:00 PM

Wow, Pens bringing up playmaker Tom Sestito.

CrushB610 05-03-2016 05:01 PM

:lol :lol ... he was at SPAC last year

dmbetc 05-03-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16397701)

I want to get to the lots by 5. But I'm game for meeting up for drinks afterward. We all have each others numbers so we will all meet!!

salrx95 05-03-2016 05:24 PM

Man. Drouin just got lit up big time by Hickey. Left game. No penalty on the play. Point of contact was head but Droiun had puck and wasn't looking and lowered his head late. About as bad a clean hit can look. Kenny Albert even read from rule book how that's not a penalty. Hope kid is okay.

trd1610 05-03-2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16397977)
Man. Drouin just got lit up big time by Hickey. Left game. No penalty on the play. Point of contact was head but Droiun had puck and wasn't looking and lowered his head late. About as bad a clean hit can look. Kenny Albert even read from rule book how that's not a penalty. Hope kid is okay.

Yeah it's unfortunate not really much you can do about that. They explained it well. Hopefully he's okay.

TheLastPig 05-03-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 16397941)
:lol :lol ... he was at SPAC last year

Tom Sestito was at spac?