Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

rickyh24 04-10-2016 11:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16367200)
That roster earned 93 points stop acting like the team did nothing more than shit the bed to end the season.



Hooray for regular season success! I guess I just look at differently. This Bruins team was not good. Most fans will say the same thing. Putting together 93 points is not that impressive to me. There was no way they were making any noise in the playoffs. Would have been embarrassed by the caps. The team had huge holes particularly on defense which is such an important part of the team. Look at their defense on paper. It's straight up awful after their top 2. Not sure what magic Claude is supposed to work with that junk. He isn't the one that ruined this team.

lockman21 04-11-2016 12:29 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16367156)
let's do a bracket challenge. Hope this link works but here's the info

league name: antsmarching
password: lolcaps

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/api/.../league/155898

Bump to keep this on the current page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16367157)
JRS, Crash, Kev and Roose one day

As much as I love Barbs...is this going to go down as the worst chirp in NHL thread history?

lockman21 04-11-2016 12:37 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Honestly, I think the Bruins overachieved, if anything.

There has been some horrible mismanagement of talent in Boston. Trading Dougie Hamilton and Tyler Seguin were awful moves. While I understand the Seguin thing a little, it's just clearly not enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRyIgatcTAs

I think the B's will be fine, but to say that this roster as it's currently constructed is a playoff roster is just wrong. I love Krejci, Bergeron, and Eriksson, but there's just not enough there.

~Crashintome89~ 04-11-2016 12:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
They'll be fine when they sign Jimmy Vesey.

barbogast 04-11-2016 07:10 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16367226)
As much as I love Barbs...is this going to go down as the worst chirp in NHL thread history?

Oh come on, it's a quality chirp. Flyer fans in here have as much experience winning the Cup as I do. Stanley Cups from the disco era don't count

http://www.phillysucks.com/images/uploads/IMG00017.jpg

Dramageek 04-11-2016 08:01 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16367342)
Oh come on, it's a quality chirp. Flyer fans in here have as much experience winning the Cup as I do. Stanley Cups from the disco era don't count

http://www.phillysucks.com/images/uploads/IMG00017.jpg

:lol Of course that's a Pens fan (whom I applaud).

I am as ready as anyone for the playoffs, but I learned this morning that Matt Murray may not be able to go due to the head injury he sustained on Saturday. :lorraine

You might get a break, Rags fans! There's a reason Zatkoff was bumped to the No. 3 goalie.

TMoore4075 04-11-2016 08:14 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Bruins fans were nowhere to be seen the last few months but show up after their team gets throttled and knocked out of the playoffs and come in here and chirp? OK.

This is could be a crazy playoff in the East. Flyers and playing well so scary for the Caps who historically choke. Rangers are banged up but so are the Pens, but Pens are playing very well, so who knows what happens there. Wings and Lightning has the potential to be good if the Wings that played the Flyers and the last 2 periods of the Rangers game show up and with the injuries that TBL has.

I already have the beard going, cause I can't shave too well with a 2nd degree burn on my dominant hand, so here we go.... Much easier to get excited about all the playoff series, when your team actually did make it in, whether I think they'll do well or not.

Dramageek 04-11-2016 08:22 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16367360)
Bruins fans were nowhere to be seen the last few months but show up after their team gets throttled and knocked out of the playoffs and come in here and chirp? OK.

This is could be a crazy playoff in the East. Flyers and playing well so scary for the Caps who historically choke. Rangers are banged up but so are the Pens, but Pens are playing very well, so who knows what happens there. Wings and Lightning has the potential to be good if the Wings that played the Flyers and the last 2 periods of the Rangers game show up and with the injuries that TBL has.

I already have the beard going, cause I can't shave too well with a 2nd degree burn on my dominant hand, so here we go.... Much easier to get excited about all the playoff series, when your team actually did make it in, whether I think they'll do well or not.

Do you expect anything less out of Bruins fans? :lol

Yeah, the East should be pretty nuts. The Caps SHOULD overpower the Flyers over a 7-game series, but the Flyers have been scary good lately, and the Caps are, well, the Caps. The Cats should beat the Islanders with how banged up the Isles are, which means the Isles could pull off a stunning upset. The Wings and Lightning series seems to be a toss-up because of the Lightning injuries and how sporadically the Wings have been playing. If the Pens can manage to put up 4-6 a game like they have been, it might not matter who's in net.

As to the bold, what the hell did you do?

TMoore4075 04-11-2016 08:23 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Alright douchebags. Doing the bracket challenge again.

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/#/league/160652

That should work for the link and the password is "omgcg"

TMoore4075 04-11-2016 08:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16367363)
Do you expect anything less out of Bruins fans? :lol

Yeah, the East should be pretty nuts. The Caps SHOULD overpower the Flyers over a 7-game series, but the Flyers have been scary good lately, and the Caps are, well, the Caps. The Cats should beat the Islanders with how banged up the Isles are, which means the Isles could pull off a stunning upset. The Wings and Lightning series seems to be a toss-up because of the Lightning injuries and how sporadically the Wings have been playing. If the Pens can manage to put up 4-6 a game like they have been, it might not matter who's in net.

As to the bold, what the hell did you do?

Sounds really stupid but a carafe with hot water in it squirted out hot water, even though the top wasn't being pushed down and it got right on my hand. I thought maybe I had accidentally hit while carrying it but it was still coming out after I put it down. Hurt like a bitch, actually it was the hours afterwards sitting in the ER that hurt more being exposed to air but.... It doesn't hurt but I'm not supposed to take the bandage off or get it wet, which hard not to do when shaving. Thought about using an electric one but by it was getting pretty long at the time so I just said fuck it.

JRS1386 04-11-2016 08:34 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Holy shit Ed Snider died

JRS1386 04-11-2016 08:38 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I am at a lost for words. I did not always agree with what Mr. Snider did, but without him the Flyers are not the Flyers. I am assuming he is one of, if not the, longest owners of a sports franchise, excluding families

TMoore4075 04-11-2016 08:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
He's the reason the Flyers are the Flyers. A few days after the facetime national anthem too... RIP to him. Sad day for Philly fans I'm sure.

Dramageek 04-11-2016 08:54 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16367365)
Sounds really stupid but a carafe with hot water in it squirted out hot water, even though the top wasn't being pushed down and it got right on my hand. I thought maybe I had accidentally hit while carrying it but it was still coming out after I put it down. Hurt like a bitch, actually it was the hours afterwards sitting in the ER that hurt more being exposed to air but.... It doesn't hurt but I'm not supposed to take the bandage off or get it wet, which hard not to do when shaving. Thought about using an electric one but by it was getting pretty long at the time so I just said fuck it.

:lol That's the way to do it.

Sorry about your loss, Flyers fans.

And Tim, Sarah already started a bracket challenge, but I'll sign up for yours, too.

TMoore4075 04-11-2016 08:56 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16367385)

And Tim, Sarah already started a bracket challenge, but I'll sign up for yours, too.

Fuck...oh well.

Roose13 04-11-2016 09:01 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
RIP Ed Snider. You had a vision 50 years ago and brought the best fucking sport to this city. Goddammit, if this doesn't light a fire under this team's ass then nothing will. Snider was the type of owner who had an almost cult-like love from his players because of that intensity and fire of his.

On Saturday when the Flyers were playing to clinch a playoff spot, Lauren Hart, our anthemist, FaceTimed with Snider during the anthem. I didn't even think of the possibility that was probably the last time he watched a Flyers game.

On a side note, the Snider's Youth Hockey Foundation was his baby. I may make a donation to it later but here's the link: http://www.sniderhockey.org/support-...ey/make-a-gift

barbogast 04-11-2016 09:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16367373)
Holy shit Ed Snider died

Woah. That's a shame.

hailtopitt 04-11-2016 09:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
RIP Ed Snider

Islanders had NO interest in playing the Pens, clearly :lol

unccrombie 04-11-2016 09:55 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
another hefty quarrel set to happen between h2p and I

:popcorn

hailtopitt 04-11-2016 09:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16367468)
another hefty quarrel set to happen between h2p and I

:popcorn

not gonna matter if it's Lundqvist vs. Zatkoff

unccrombie 04-11-2016 10:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16367475)
not gonna matter if it's Lundqvist vs. Zatkoff

you now Hank ze goalieeee has been yanked in like 4/10 right?

hailtopitt 04-11-2016 10:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16367477)
you now Hank ze goalieeee has been yanked in like 4/10 right?

it's still a 3rd stringer vs. a top 5 goalie in the league

don't act like it's not a huge advantage

and i know McDonough is out but Pens still have Maatta, Rust, Malkin and top 2 goalies possibly all out

not good

unccrombie 04-11-2016 10:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
home ice cures all ills, allegedly

TMoore4075 04-11-2016 10:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Ha my email from the NHL: "Playoff Spots and Seedings are Set! Will You Pick the Red Wings to Win the Cup?" Fuck no I won't...lol

barbogast 04-11-2016 10:09 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Alright I'll start. Let's see em

Caps in 6
Pens in 5
Isles in 6
Wings in 7

Stars in 5
Hawks in 6
Ducks in 7
Kings in 6

unccrombie 04-11-2016 10:09 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16367491)
Ha my email from the NHL: "Playoff Spots and Seedings are Set! Will You Pick the Red Wings to Win the Cup?" Fuck no I won't...lol

:lol :lol

unccrombie 04-11-2016 10:12 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Caps in 5
Rangers in 7
Panthers in 6
Wings in 7

Ducks in 6
Kings in 6
Stars in 6
Hawks in 7

hailtopitt 04-11-2016 10:12 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16367485)
home ice cures all ills, allegedly

:lol i guess you're not familiar with the Penguins' history of game 7's at home

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16367497)
Alright I'll start. Let's see em

Caps in 6
Pens in 5
Isles in 6
Wings in 7

Stars in 5
Hawks in 6
Ducks in 7
Kings in 6

Caps in 5
Pens in 6 (if one of our goalies comes back)
Panthers in 7
Lightning in 7

Stars in 6
Hawks in 7
Ducks in 5
Kings in 6

TMoore4075 04-11-2016 10:20 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I'm so tempted to pick the Flyers over the Caps. They are playing well and confident and...it's the Caps. Depending on health issues of the Rangers and Pens, Flyers actually might be their toughest test. Always gotta worry about the team that gets into the playoffs late on a big run.

lockman21 04-11-2016 10:22 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Stars in 5
Hawks in 6
Preds in 7
Kings in 6

Flyers in 7
Rangers in 7
Panthers in 6
Red Wings in 5


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.