Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

unccrombie 04-16-2014 09:34 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread

ISO: funny flyers suck images.

barbogast 04-16-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15262069)
ISO: funny flyers suck images.

I'm no Pens fan, but I've always thought this one was pretty good

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Blan...f/rs.jpg.html#

fonzz41 04-16-2014 09:38 AM

OK, we better do some additional awards. Everyone deserves one.

Hockey Writer of the Year/Yandle: Roose

Alone In My Principles Award: Bron. Hardly anyone ever agrees with him, but gotta hand it to him for always sticking to his guns

Pat Verbeek Award for Most Pent Up Hate: Bonzo. His amount of hatred for the Blues and Joel Quenneville is astounding.

Fan of the Year: dmbetc. Did anyone go to more live games or babysit more players' kids than Sarah this year? Also a frontrunner for the Byng because she's so damn kind.

Sean Avery Trashtalker Award: JRS. Bro would do great on any team's 3rd line.

Cam Neely Award for Most Consistent Bruins poster: HallowBillies. Guys come and go, but Hallow was always there. Close runner-up was jackisback

Dan Girardi award: Aeroshady. Most important rearguard the Rangers have in this thread.

Justin Faulk on Team USA Award: Bradshaw. Doesn't always post as much, but makes a difference when he does.

That's all I've got for now.

TMoore4075 04-16-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15261987)
I love this post. I've realized recently that I don't even post in any other threads on this site anymore. This is the one holy place on Ants. Great avatar switch, by the way

Also seeing all these playoff commercials and montages and stuff is making me kinda sad, and very jealous. Good luck everyone, unless you root for the Flyers or Penguins. Then I hope you lose mercilessly :hug

This is really the only place I go regularly. I do go to the venue thread of the show I'm going to in the summer but that's usually it.

fonzz41 04-16-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 15262052)
Does Brohan win the President's Trophy since that's all he cares about?

Absolutely. He's an automatic shoo-in for it every year.

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2014 09:41 AM

TJ Oshie Award (potentially the best human on the planet and the only one capable of solving BOBROVSKY!): Fonzz41

hailtopitt 04-16-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15262078)

Alone In My Principles Award: Bron. Hardly anyone ever agrees with him, but gotta hand it to him for always sticking to his guns

Pat Verbeek Award for Most Pent Up Hate: Bonzo. His amount of hatred for the Blues and Joel Quenneville is astounding.

Fan of the Year: dmbetc. Did anyone go to more live games or babysit more players' kids than Sarah this year? Also a frontrunner for the Byng because she's so damn kind.

Cam Neely Award for Most Consistent Bruins poster: HallowBillies. Guys come and go, but Hallow was always there. Close runner-up was jackisback

Dan Girardi award: Aeroshady. Most important rearguard the Rangers have in this thread.

Justin Faulk on Team USA Award: Bradshaw. Doesn't always post as much, but makes a difference when he does.

snubbed from the awards again

thanks jay mohr

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2014 09:43 AM

Wayne Simmonds Award: H2P

fonzz41 04-16-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15262089)
snubbed from the awards again

thanks jay mohr

Shit... I had you down for one of the MAIN awards, I thought, but I didn't write it out. Sorry bud. This was you:

Richard: H2P. Yeah, yeah, he didn't have the most goals (posts), but the ones he did have were all good. Very strong second half.

fonzz41 04-16-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15262085)
TJ Oshie Award (potentially the best human on the planet and the only one capable of solving BOBROVSKY!): Fonzz41

Thanks, man.

But I prefer my usual award...

Rich Pilon award for slowest and most offensively challenged defenseman: fonzz41

jackisback24 04-16-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Glad to take Silver, Hallow! Congrats.:thumbsup

hailtopitt 04-16-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15262090)

it had to be a flyer huh, you fucking prude :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15262096)
Shit... I had you down for one of the MAIN awards, I thought, but I didn't write it out. Sorry bud. This was you:

Richard: H2P. Yeah, yeah, he didn't have the most goals (posts), but the ones he did have were all good. Very strong second half.

:lol:lol thank you fonzz, you're a true inspiration

HallowBillies7 04-16-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Cam Neely Award for Most Consistent Bruins poster: HallowBillies. Guys come and go, but Hallow was always there. Close runner-up was jackisback.

Hahaha thank you, what an honor!

Now completely unrelated to the Bruins, anybody else here think Dallas will be the big upset in round 1? I have this feeling they're knocking out the Ducks.

Roose13 04-16-2014 09:50 AM

I will forever cherish my Keith Yandle Award :lol

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 15262109)

Now completely unrelated to the Bruins, anybody else here think Dallas will be the big upset in round 1? I have this feeling they're knocking out the Ducks.

Depends how big of an upset you'll consider jackets over pens in 6 games to be.

HallowBillies7 04-16-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15262112)
Depends how big of an upset you'll consider jackets over pens in 6 games to be.

I actually expect Bobrovsky to steal the show and Fleury be playoff Fleury, so I never looked at that as an upset.

unccrombie 04-16-2014 09:54 AM

#jacketsin6!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2014 09:55 AM

:: cannon fires ::

hailtopitt 04-16-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15262125)
:: cannon fires ::

who woulda thought a cannon shot indoors would be loud?

barbogast 04-16-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

I could absolutely see this happening. Not sure it will, but I won't be surprised

The only thing that scares me about the Jackets series is that it's basically all home games for the Pens. Not sure they can overcome that. Play that series on neutral ice and I like Columbus a lot more

Rebecca De Mornay 04-16-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15262137)
I could absolutely see this happening. Not sure it will, but I won't be surprised

The only thing that scares me about the Jackets series is that it's basically all home games for the Pens. Not sure they can overcome that. Play that series on neutral ice and I like Columbus a lot more

im not sure that will be the case. maybe. god i hope not.

barbogast 04-16-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15262155)
im not sure that will be the case. maybe. god i hope not.

I hope not too. I want the Jackets to make that series at least competitive so bad

They're good enough to win that's for sure

fonzz41 04-16-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Ruh roh, I actually had the Ducks steamrolling the Stars in 5. I always love a good upset though (unless it's Avs/Wild), so I would be happy to see it.

Benn and Seguin have turned into one of the (if not the most) underrated duos in the league this year. Simply awesome.

Turning to the Ducks. The thing about Getzlaf and Perry isn't so much their ability to score, but to stop other people from scoring. If you guys have watched them, I'm sure you'll agree that they are perhaps one of the most WELL ROUNDED duos in the league in terms of playing with excellence in all areas. They can score all night, but damn are they good shutdown players. It's really amazed me how good they are defensively. Benn and Seguin are going to have a tough time lining up opposite them.

TMoore4075 04-16-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

I don't personally. I know people look at their coach, and what they did last year against the Wings but I don't think Dallas is as good as the Wings were last year. I can't imagine Perry getting 0 again in a series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq-dOZmEayo

haha Perry.

TMoore4075 04-16-2014 10:13 AM

Maurice signed by the Jets. He got them to a winning record after taking over so not surprised.

lockman21 04-16-2014 10:14 AM

I want to see Seguin and Benn dominate so bad.

fonzz41 04-16-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15262194)
I want to see Seguin and Benn dominate so bad.

In any other series, I can see them dominating. And hell, they still might this series. I'm a huge Benn fan, as I know you are too, and want to see him do more on a big stage.

But if there's any duo who could shut them down, it's Getzlaf/Perry.

dmbetc 04-16-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

I'd like to thank Dustin Brown, without him none of it would be possible.

You guys are the best, really! And I haven't even met anyone (Becca doesn't count), but I will eventually. Chris still owes me some beers and so does Ben (waterboy).

Thanks Matty!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15262090)

http://mit.zenfs.com/206/2012/04/ArrchVZCIAIJOjX.jpg

hailtopitt 04-16-2014 10:25 AM

:lol god damn it

nice to see you too sarah

Bron Yr Aur 04-16-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15262178)
Ruh roh, I actually had the Ducks steamrolling the Stars in 5. I always love a good upset though (unless it's Avs/Wild), so I would be happy to see it.

Benn and Seguin have turned into one of the (if not the most) underrated duos in the league this year. Simply awesome.

Turning to the Ducks. The thing about Getzlaf and Perry isn't so much their ability to score, but to stop other people from scoring. If you guys have watched them, I'm sure you'll agree that they are perhaps one of the most WELL ROUNDED duos in the league in terms of playing with excellence in all areas. They can score all night, but damn are they good shutdown players. It's really amazed me how good they are defensively. Benn and Seguin are going to have a tough time lining up opposite them.

It will be a really interesting match-up no doubt. Fun series to watch.

Unfortunately for the Stars they are extremely weak after their top line. If Getz/Perry & Benn/Seguin match-up and neutralize one another, then the Stars are in bad shape because Anaheim has a huge edge in forward talent.