Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

mthawk07 02-05-2020 04:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17628488)
It is unreal, like nothing I have ever seen in hockey. His consistent production and sheer number of goals have just been a joy to watch. I grew up in the prime of Gretzky, watched guys like Lemieux and Hull as much as possible but the NHL was nowhere near as prominent of the news (social media didn't even exist) so I rarely saw hockey highlights except for some once a week weekend show - that said seeing literally every damn goal Ovechkin scores in great to watch. The sick thing is he seems to just keep getting better and adds more tools as he ages.

He’s also stayed healthy his entire career, which might be the most impressive part. If he hadn’t missed 1.5 seasons because of labor disputes, he’d be pushing 800 right now. And he’s such a great guy, which makes it so easy for opposing fans to root for him. I just wish hockey was more prominent in the states so he’d be more appreciated.

kev87lads 02-05-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17628530)
Not even close. Wayne Simmonds was a far superior player than Richards ever was. Richards was a dope head who played above his role because the Flyers' only real offensive threat was his drug buddy.

It was totes facetious, Johnny. :cool

Brohan_Santana 02-06-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Not even close. Wayne Simmonds was a far superior player than Richards ever was. Richards was a dope head who played above his role because the Flyers' only real offensive threat was his drug buddy.

I was a joke...

kev87lads 02-07-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17629522)
I was a joke...

was???????

Roose13 02-08-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17629522)
I was a joke...

At least you’re honest.

Also LOLCaps

mthawk07 02-08-2020 06:40 PM

Ready for Samsonov to be the #1 goalie.

JRS1386 02-08-2020 06:41 PM

Capitals :lol

dmbetc 02-08-2020 10:28 PM

The Women’s USA vs. Canada game tonight in Anaheim was better than any King’s game I’ve been in to the in the past two years.

Brohan_Santana 02-08-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17630500)
At least you’re honest.

Also LOLCaps

Cute....

barbogast 02-09-2020 03:22 AM

:lol Flyers fans

JRS1386 02-09-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17630577)
:lol Flyers fans

Just be lucky you aren’t 13 or I would send Gritty after you

Roose13 02-09-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 17630682)

Also, be lucky that you are not a joke.

drakan 02-09-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17630569)
The Women’s USA vs. Canada game tonight in Anaheim was better than any King’s game I’ve been in to the in the past two years.

It's a great rivalry.

drakan 02-09-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 17630682)

Too soon.

Your NHL power/computer rankings.

https://mattcarberry.com/ZRatings/Z-NHL.HTM

bradshaw06 02-10-2020 06:03 PM

Zucker to the pens. Price seems steep but we’ll see

maxatlof 02-10-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Granted it was a joke that I guess you didn't pick up on.... But to say Simmer was a far superior player to Richards makes me think you didn't watch many Flyers/Kings games during his career. Dude was the heart and soul for the majority of those Flyers teams he played on. There's a reason he was made captain at such a young age. He Lead them to a game 7 in SC Finals and then won two more with the Kings. How many SCF games had Simmonds played in? He's played in 146 more games so far in his career and only has 7 more points than Richards. I wouldn't exactly call those numbers "superior" to Richards. And they're both very much "Grit" and "Heart and Soul" type players so can't take away anything from the other when it comes to being ultimate team guys. Granted Richie he had a pill addiction issue, he's a flawed individual. So be it...aren't we all. But to think of him as less than anything other than a complete stud while he wore the C for orange and black is flat out erroneous and foolish, I'm sorry.

aeroshady 02-11-2020 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxatlof (Post 17631845)
Granted it was a joke that I guess you didn't pick up on.... But to say Simmer was a far superior player to Richards makes me think you didn't watch many Flyers/Kings games during his career. Dude was the heart and soul for the majority of those Flyers teams he played on. There's a reason he was made captain at such a young age. He Lead them to a game 7 in SC Finals and then won two more with the Kings. How many SCF games had Simmonds played in? He's played in 146 more games so far in his career and only has 7 more points than Richards. I wouldn't exactly call those numbers "superior" to Richards. And they're both very much "Grit" and "Heart and Soul" type players so can't take away anything from the other when it comes to being ultimate team guys. Granted Richie he had a pill addiction issue, he's a flawed individual. So be it...aren't we all. But to think of him as less than anything other than a complete stud while he wore the C for orange and black is flat out erroneous and foolish, I'm sorry.

Flyers lost in 6 to the Hawks in 2010, therefore all of your information in this post must be wrong.

bradshaw06 02-11-2020 06:45 AM

That Tkachuck goal agains the sharks is the dirtiest thing ive seen in years

Roose13 02-11-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxatlof (Post 17631845)

Thanks for your opinion, bud.

kev87lads 02-11-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17631990)
Flyers lost in 6 to the Hawks in 2010, therefore all of your information in this post must be wrong.

:lol Also stopped reading at that point. Still haven't finished the post.

Roose13 02-11-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 17632231)
:lol Also stopped reading at that point. Still haven't finished the post.

I stopped when he questioned how many games I've watched :rolleyes

Roose13 02-11-2020 09:11 AM

I mean, Richards scored seven goals in 46 playoff games in the Kings' two Cup runs. Clearly HE won those championships for them.

swordo84 02-11-2020 09:40 AM

McJesus out 2-3 weeks. FML.

mr.MikeD 02-11-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17632308)
McJesus out 2-3 weeks. FML.

Drai time..

Maybe in denial, but I'm not super freaked out. Drai, Nuge and Yamo have basically been the first line other than the fact that you have to call McDavid's line the first by default. Maybe some hint of depth emerging... maybe. i hope.

swordo84 02-11-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17632371)
Drai time..

Maybe in denial, but I'm not super freaked out. Drai, Nuge and Yamo have basically been the first line other than the fact that you have to call McDavid's line the first by default. Maybe some hint of depth emerging... maybe. i hope.

I want to share in your optimism......no, your non-pessimism.

Just thankful he didn't blow his knee apart again. Did you watch the Sportsnet doc on his recovery?

mr.MikeD 02-11-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17632395)
I want to share in your optimism......no, your non-pessimism.

Just thankful he didn't blow his knee apart again. Did you watch the Sportsnet doc on his recovery?

yeah wild story. he's such a driven guy and to have to make that kind of decision remembering he's a kid in some ways

but also means you can't trust a thing that they said about the extend of his injuries.

swordo84 02-11-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17632403)
yeah wild story. he's such a driven guy and to have to make that kind of decision remembering he's a kid in some ways

but also means you can't trust a thing that they said about the extend of his injuries.

Totally. Which is why the collective fan base is going to be holding their breath for the next couple of weeks.

swordo84 02-11-2020 10:56 AM

For our American friends;
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...hatever-takes/

spoot388 02-11-2020 09:27 PM

Blues - Ducks game was postponed after Blues' Jay Bouwmeester collapsed on the bench in the first period. Latest information is that CPR was performed on him and medical staff had to use an AED, but that he was alert while being transported to the hospital.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...game-postponed

drakan 02-12-2020 05:05 PM

When you are as fit an athlete as Jay was and to collapse it is very very serious. Glad it looks like he is ok.