Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

pathetic 06-12-2019 08:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17468890)
Grzelcyk cleared to play, game time decision, would replace Clifton

thoughts on this?

going to be a physical game. gotta dress 12O 6D. can't afford to dress 11O

Chumlee67 06-12-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17468894)
thoughts on this?

Pros:
Fresh Legs
Returning top 4 Dman
Better team with him in the lineup

Cons:
Hasnt Played in 13 days
One hit to the head and hes out for the game
Losing chemistry in your defense because he hasnt played (although he has been skating with the team for the last 11 days.

I almost think as a coach, you have to go with the lineup that got you there, but you also have to play the guys who are hot at the moment. Its a tough choice, but I think theyre better with him in.

pathetic 06-12-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 17468901)
Pros:
Fresh Legs
Returning top 4 Dman
Better team with him in the lineup

Cons:
Hasnt Played in 13 days
One hit to the head and hes out for the game
Losing chemistry in your defense because he hasnt played (although he has been skating with the team for the last 11 days.

I almost think as a coach, you have to go with the lineup that got you there, but you also have to play the guys who are hot at the moment. Its a tough choice, but I think theyre better with him in.

this is what i'm worried about. Dirty blues team could take him out in 1st period and then they're left with 5D. Especially since Chara would be one of the 5 D left and he's slow AF right now

DMBstandUP1984 06-12-2019 08:13 AM

Berube really making some stupid comments before game 7...seems like smart idea

Chumlee67 06-12-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17468904)
this is what i'm worried about. Dirty blues team could take him out in 1st period and then they're left with 5D. Especially since Chara would be one of the 5 D left and he's slow AF right now

Ya thats probably the biggest one for me too. We will just have to wait and see.

fonzz41 06-12-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17468894)
thoughts on this?

But can you afford to go down to 5 D if something happens to him?

Tough choice, but I think I would stick with the lineup they have.

pathetic 06-12-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17468936)
But can you afford to go down to 5 D if something happens to him?

Tough choice, but I think I would stick with the lineup they have.

i agree with this

barbogast 06-12-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 17468797)
Uggh going to be the longest day ever. 52 years of a city waiting comes down to one game. How's a guy expected to get work done today?

Good luck man. As a life long Caps fan who finally got a taste, I am sincerely hoping your team comes good tonight.

barbogast 06-12-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17468906)
Berube really making some stupid comments before game 7...seems like smart idea

What did he say? I haven’t gotten a chance to look at media stuff from yesterday yet

MOWJO8185 06-12-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17469001)
What did he say? I haven’t gotten a chance to look at media stuff from yesterday yet

He said something that rubbed a bunch of St. Louisans the wrong way by answering a question about losing Game 6 and having to face a hostile road enviroment in Game 7 by saying "if you had told us 4 months ago we'd be playing in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, I think we'd take it." Sort of came off as "we're just glad to be here."

He also made some comments about playing more physical in Game 7 that Boston fans are interpreting as telling our players to take runs at their players free from the risk of a suspension in Game 8.

rickyh24 06-12-2019 09:26 AM

The fact that this Blues team is playing a game where there is no game after to be suspended is terrifying. Even though last game was obviously the same situation anyways.

DMBstandUP1984 06-12-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 17469009)
He said something that rubbed a bunch of St. Louisans the wrong way by answering a question about losing Game 6 and having to face a hostile road enviroment in Game 7 by saying "if you had told us 4 months ago we'd be playing in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, I think we'd take it." Sort of came off as "we're just glad to be here."

He also made some comments about playing more physical in Game 7 that Boston fans are interpreting as telling our players to take runs at their players free from the risk of a suspension in Game 8.

St Louis has been a better team 5 on 5 and now he has put a bit of a target from the refs on the back of his team by making those comments

Climb2safety 06-12-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17469018)
The fact that this Blues team is playing a game where there is no game after to be suspended is terrifying. Even though last game was obviously the same situation anyways.

I think you have been way overplaying how dirty they are.

This series hasn’t looked ant different hockey wise to me than any other at this level.

Yeah, they and every other team are willing do do anything to win. That’s why it’s great.

barbogast 06-12-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17469048)
St Louis has been a better team 5 on 5 and now he has put a bit of a target from the refs on the back of his team by making those comments

I didn’t see the comments so I can’t speak to the context or manner in which Chief said what he said, but I don’t see how saying “we need to play more physical” puts a target on their backs for the referees

barbogast 06-12-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17469069)

This series hasn’t looked ant different hockey wise to me than any other at this level.

Yeah, they and every other team are willing do do anything to win. That’s why it’s great.

I haven’t watched every moment of this series but I’m inclined to agree with this

rickyh24 06-12-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17469069)

Multiple suspensions for them already. Easily could make a case that they could have had another after a hit last game. They are dirty.

Climb2safety 06-12-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17469086)
Multiple suspensions for them already. Easily could make a case that they could have had another after a hit last game. They are dirty.

Players get suspended in hockey. Everyone thinks Stanley Cup winner T. Wilson is dirty, Caps aren’t dirty.

We know Marchand lives inside the biggest pile of shit on earth (very dirty), I don’t see how you have a leg to stand on with him on your team.

Climb2safety 06-12-2019 10:08 AM

Maybe the Bruins are frightened though

rickyh24 06-12-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17469090)
Players get suspended in hockey. Everyone thinks Stanley Cup winner T. Wilson is dirty, Caps aren’t dirty.

We know Marchand lives inside the biggest pile of shit on earth (very dirty), I don’t see how you have a leg to stand on with him on your team.

How many times has the biggest pile of shit on earth very dirty guy been suspended this series?

rickyh24 06-12-2019 10:23 AM

The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!

Blues have been out there trying to hurt people for a couple series now. Not sure how that can go unnoticed, honestly.

DMBstandUP1984 06-12-2019 10:25 AM

I wish Marchy was even a third of what everyone thinks he is in this series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOWJO8185 06-12-2019 10:25 AM

It’s not worth debating. If I were a Bruins fan I would probably think Blues are dirty. If Ricky were a Blues fan he definitely wouldn’t. It is what it is.

Climb2safety 06-12-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17469100)
How many times has the biggest pile of shit on earth very dirty guy been suspended this series?

He’s been pretty tame but suspensions aren’t the only judge of playing dirty

rickyh24 06-12-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 17469108)
It’s not worth debating. If I were a Bruins fan I would probably think Blues are dirty. If Ricky were a Blues fan he definitely wouldn’t. It is what it is.

This isn’t true. Most Bruins fans have no problem admitting what Marchand is. You would think the Blues are dirty in this scenario because they are. “What about Marchand?!?” Doesn’t really change anything.

DMBstandUP1984 06-12-2019 10:29 AM

Marchand plays up to and over the line at times

And sometimes it hurts the team when he does it and it sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rickyh24 06-12-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17469109)
He’s been pretty tame but suspensions aren’t the only judge of playing dirty

He actually had a pretty dirty hit last game but it was after multiple ST Louis players committed dirty acts so it kind of went unnoticed.

ToySoldier#34 06-12-2019 10:31 AM

Wait people think the Blues aren't dirty? No kidding Marchand is, and some of his penalties are just dumb on his part

Climb2safety 06-12-2019 10:31 AM

Marchand clearly dirty hit trying to injure

https://www.12up.com/posts/video-bru...o-01dczghb5mwm

For the record, I stand by my statement this is just playoff hockey and no different than any.

Climb2safety 06-12-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17469112)
This isn’t true. Most Bruins fans have no problem admitting what Marchand is. You would think the Blues are dirty in this scenario because they are. “What about Marchand?!?” Doesn’t really change anything.

Teams tend to match each other when it comes to dirtyness though.

rickyh24 06-12-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17469117)
Marchand clearly dirty hit trying to injure

https://www.12up.com/posts/video-bru...o-01dczghb5mwm

For the record, I stand by my statement this is just playoff hockey and no different than any.

Thanks for linking to what I just mentioned. How does this make the Blues not dirty though?