Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

unccrombie 04-04-2018 07:49 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Golden Knights are alright)

Anyone want a spare Blackhawks ticket for Friday? 314 row 10. Face or make me an offer.

kev87lads 04-04-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17054650)
:lol

I love her and I really like the Preds. Nashville is too awesome of a city.

That said, I want Florida to make the playoffs (even though they are probably done). So I was happy haha

Oh, they'll make it. The Flyers will hand it to them.

aeroshady 04-04-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17054644)
I really cannot stand the Devils so I hope they lose out and miss the playoffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17054664)
I give 0 shits about the team but feel bad for Hall.

Agreed with hating the Devils and with feeling bad for Hall.

Here is the thing: (Long Post)

I was not really a hockey fan yet when the Rangers made their run to the cup in 1994. I was rooting for the NY Rangers that year as many of my friends were huge Rangers fans with parents that worked right by MSG. The Devils didn't really have a solid fan base yet and as a result I didn't actually know any Devils fans in NJ until I went to high school.

When I got to high school the Rangers where in the middle of their 8 straight seasons with out the playoffs. They wouldn't make the post season in any of my four years of high school. Other than a few shots here and there from Devils fans, I never really had an issue with their team or fan base. During that time, the Devils basically ruled the NHL, with the Wings, winning 3 Cups and making an additional finals. Devils fans were happy and I never really ran into issues with them. I even went to like 20 Devils games in 2003 and a SCF's game against the Ducks.

As soon as the Rangers starting making the playoffs again in 2006, that all changed. The Devils had gained a lot of fans by that point. The majority of them were the worst kind of fans. Shit talking idiots that know very little about the actual sport. In addition, the simple mention of the fact that I was a Rangers fan would result is aggressive insults and at time physical threats (and not just at games).

Some of this was not as bad because I had moved to Boston for about 4 years between 2004-2008ish. However, when I moved back to NJ, the Rangers and Devils met again in the playoffs and this time the Rangers knocked the Devils out. That seemed to set their fans off in all the wrong ways. People got so bent out of shape about it that I had to unfriend a lot of people both on facebook and in person. Personal attacks, trolling, and even attempts at damaging my car came right after that series.

I should also note, that I am overall a very non-confrontational fan. I was not bragging or starting shit. This was all resulting from just saying I root for the Rangers.

Unfortunately, the 2012 ECF's also featured the Devils and Rangers, this time with NJ coming out on top. I would say that I lost more friends from that series than I ever thought possible. The vial shit coming at me on social media and in person was unreal. I don't know how people justify acting like that. I am a Red Sox fan living in New Jersey and never got anything other than "in good nature" ribbing from Yankees fans. However, Devils fans constantly took it to the next level.

So yeah, I have not gotten over all that crap. I went from not minding the NJ Devils to absolutely hating that team and its fans. I would love for them to miss the playoffs for 20 years straight for all I care. Obviously, not every Devils fan is like that, but the majority I have dealt with are. To make matters worse, they love to tell you that all fans of other teams are like that too. Well, I have not dealt with that shit from any other team's fans. NOT EVEN PHILLY FANS (I know...surprise!). Long story short, I am not over it, so the Devils can go F*&K themselves.

End Rant.

Roose13 04-04-2018 08:56 AM

Devils fans are full of shit and phonies. Can’t even sell out a playoff game. Fuck them and their Cups

Brohan_Santana 04-04-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17054487)
Serious commentary here:

The metro comes down to the Pens and the Caps. I think the Pens take it just because they're firing on all clyinders, and as long as Murray is healthy they'll take the Caps in five or six.

Not sure if serious?!? Pens can easily drop to 7 or 8 seed in Metro, you can that firing on all cylinders? :lol :lol :lol

aeroshady 04-04-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17054803)
Not sure if serious?!? Pens can easily drop to 7 or 8 seed in Metro, you can that firing on all cylinders? :lol :lol :lol

I mean, the Pens have won the last two cups. Until someone knocks them off the top, they are the favorites at this point.

Brohan_Santana 04-04-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17054822)
I mean, the Pens have won the last two cups. Until someone knocks them off the top, they are the favorites at this point.

So were going to ignore their shitty Home record & even strength play?

There's no clear cut favorite & Pens aren't "firing on all cylinders"

bradshaw06 04-04-2018 09:32 AM

Pens are 29-9-2 at home. Vary good. Away is different story

bradshaw06 04-04-2018 09:33 AM

Even strength they are +17 and that is after a terrible start to the year where they gave up like 20 goals in 3 or 4 games.

TheLastPig 04-04-2018 09:35 AM

Brohan getting triggered.

And yeah, the away record is the issue, not home. Not sure how a seeding would factor in them firing on all cylinders right now, we know they were dragging ass the first 1/3 of the season. But with that said I wouldnt say were firing on all cylinders at all, but were getting closer.

Lcsulla 04-04-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17054740)
Agreed with hating the Devils and with feeling bad for Hall.

Here is the thing: (Long Post)

I was not really a hockey fan yet when the Rangers made their run to the cup in 1994. I was rooting for the NY Rangers that year as many of my friends were huge Rangers fans with parents that worked right by MSG. The Devils didn't really have a solid fan base yet and as a result I didn't actually know any Devils fans in NJ until I went to high school.

When I got to high school the Rangers where in the middle of their 8 straight seasons with out the playoffs. They wouldn't make the post season in any of my four years of high school. Other than a few shots here and there from Devils fans, I never really had an issue with their team or fan base. During that time, the Devils basically ruled the NHL, with the Wings, winning 3 Cups and making an additional finals. Devils fans were happy and I never really ran into issues with them. I even went to like 20 Devils games in 2003 and a SCF's game against the Ducks.

As soon as the Rangers starting making the playoffs again in 2006, that all changed. The Devils had gained a lot of fans by that point. The majority of them were the worst kind of fans. Shit talking idiots that know very little about the actual sport. In addition, the simple mention of the fact that I was a Rangers fan would result is aggressive insults and at time physical threats (and not just at games).

Some of this was not as bad because I had moved to Boston for about 4 years between 2004-2008ish. However, when I moved back to NJ, the Rangers and Devils met again in the playoffs and this time the Rangers knocked the Devils out. That seemed to set their fans off in all the wrong ways. People got so bent out of shape about it that I had to unfriend a lot of people both on facebook and in person. Personal attacks, trolling, and even attempts at damaging my car came right after that series.

I should also note, that I am overall a very non-confrontational fan. I was not bragging or starting shit. This was all resulting from just saying I root for the Rangers.

Unfortunately, the 2012 ECF's also featured the Devils and Rangers, this time with NJ coming out on top. I would say that I lost more friends from that series than I ever thought possible. The vial shit coming at me on social media and in person was unreal. I don't know how people justify acting like that. I am a Red Sox fan living in New Jersey and never got anything other than "in good nature" ribbing from Yankees fans. However, Devils fans constantly took it to the next level.

So yeah, I have not gotten over all that crap. I went from not minding the NJ Devils to absolutely hating that team and its fans. I would love for them to miss the playoffs for 20 years straight for all I care. Obviously, not every Devils fan is like that, but the majority I have dealt with are. To make matters worse, they love to tell you that all fans of other teams are like that too. Well, I have not dealt with that shit from any other team's fans. NOT EVEN PHILLY FANS (I know...surprise!). Long story short, I am not over it, so the Devils can go F*&K themselves.

End Rant.

Agreed, in CT we got plenty of bandwagon Devils fans too, bandwagon fans drive me insane. Now they are starting to breakout their old jersey's again in anticipation of a playoff slot - those kind of fans me sick. While I am not a fan of the Flyers team by any means at least I respect their fans, they are loyal and know t he difference between hooking and high sticking.

Lcsulla 04-04-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17054822)

This, cite all the home and away or 5 on 5 stats you like but they are still the team to beat if another team is to win the cup. Also, they tend to up their game in the playoffs so I would not want to face them and woe be it to the team that does if they cannot stay out of the penalty box.

bradshaw06 04-04-2018 09:41 AM

It is sad so many years of sid and geno were wasted under bylsma.

Climb2safety 04-04-2018 09:44 AM

Except for the fact that the Penguins are literally not the favorites to win the Stanley Cup (they are the 5th favorite), yeah, they are the favorite

Brohan_Santana 04-04-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17054829)
Pens are 29-9-2 at home. Vary good. Away is different story

Meant road*

Brohan_Santana 04-04-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17054840)
It is sad so many years of sid and geno were wasted under bylsma.

You could argue they played like ass those years as well.

bradshaw06 04-04-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17054849)
Meant road*

Word. Also, my post about goal differential is total, not even strength. Realized after posting. Es numbers are no where near where the pp numbers are.

Brohan_Santana 04-04-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17054852)
Word. Also, my post about goal differential is total, not even strength. Realized after posting. Es numbers are no where near where the pp numbers are.

Correct. If you can shut down Pens PP you beat the Pens this year. Not very hard equation, execution is different

bradshaw06 04-04-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17054851)
You could argue they played like ass those years as well.

I attribute a lot of that to bylsma. He had the pieces but refused to make adjustments. See 2013. Honestly, after that series against the flyers he should have been shown the door.

Climb2safety 04-04-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17054853)
Correct. If you can shut down Pens PP you beat the Pens this year. Not very hard equation, execution is different

And this is where the have Caps fucked up. Stupid penalties (and complete breakdowns in the defensive zone at crucial times . :twak. )

TheLastPig 04-04-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17054855)
I attribute a lot of that to bylsma. He had the pieces but refused to make adjustments. See 2013. Honestly, after that series against the flyers he should have been shown the door.

yuuuuppp

It was always Dan's system only. There were no other options or adjustments.

Brohan_Santana 04-04-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17054858)
And this is where the have Caps fucked up. Stupid penalties (and complete breakdowns in the defensive zone at crucial times . :twak. )

This is 100% correct. Caps taking way too many bad penalties this year. Need to cut it out

Lcsulla 04-04-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17054863)
This is 100% correct. Caps taking way too many bad penalties this year. Need to cut it out

If they can accomplish this and figure out a way to beat Pittsburgh when it counts I hope they win the cup.

Brohan_Santana 04-04-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17054888)
If they can accomplish this and figure out a way to beat Pittsburgh when it counts I hope they win the cup.

Caps & Pens have 100% been the 2 best teams in the league the past 2 years. Hands down

That's what makes this year interesting as there's no clear cut favorite from either league

Climb2safety 04-04-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17054888)

Or if Pittsburgh get stunned my Columbus or something.

Brohan_Santana 04-04-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17054395)
Talk about amateur hour between the two non-Barbs Caps fans... :rolleyes

Dude shut up, get this weak shit out of here. Take it to the Wrestling thread. Contribute don't be an ass

dmbetc 04-04-2018 10:26 AM

I’d say the favorite out of the east is Tampa and the west would be Vegas. (Nashville strong contenders).

Haven’t read up on anything just basing it off of their overall play all season long. Those to me are the teams to beat this year.

Roose13 04-04-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17054904)
Dude shut up, get this weak shit out of here. Take it to the Wrestling thread. Contribute don't be an ass

Someone's rattled :lol:lol

*in Brohan voice* Man! It was a just a joke! Jeez! You're so mean!

~Crashintome89~ 04-04-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17054904)

:lol :lol :lol

Lcsulla 04-04-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17054891)
Caps & Pens have 100% been the 2 best teams in the league the past 2 years. Hands down

That's what makes this year interesting as there's no clear cut favorite from either league

Agreed, though the Hawks were only 2 points lower in the final standings last season than the Pens and they played in a tougher conference so I would give them some credit for being the $1 seed in the west last season - not that it mattered much when they fell apart against the Preds.