Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Roose13 12-13-2016 08:33 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)

From a few days ago. If you're 5-foot-11, don't fuck with 6-6 Samuel Morin. Please.

https://twitter.com/PAL_HoF/status/807460729213304832

TMoore4075 12-13-2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16664648)
Maybe he can penalize him for not wearing his facial hair as intended.

Ha nice....

Lcsulla 12-13-2016 04:00 PM

Wow, Rangers starting Raanta again over Lundqvist. Guess it makes sense, due has been playing amazing. Nash is a tough guy to have out for them though.

Outside of Crawford recovering from surgery (Darling is playing solid in his absence) Hawks appear to be at full strength with Toews and Seabrook returning tonight, should be interesting to see how much ice time they get. One question mark is Keith, he did not skate today and is apparently sick (not listed as scratched) but who knows and his absence or limiting of his minutes due to an illness may effect how much ice time Seabrook gets - especially since Rozsival and Kempney are both healthy scratches.

Should be a great game at the Garden tonight, wish I was going but holy shit were the tickets expensive!

dmbetc 12-13-2016 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16665089)
Wow, Rangers starting Raanta again over Lundqvist. Guess it makes sense, due has been playing amazing. Nash is a tough guy to have out for them though.

Outside of Crawford recovering from surgery (Darling is playing solid in his absence) Hawks appear to be at full strength with Toews and Seabrook returning tonight, should be interesting to see how much ice time they get. One question mark is Keith, he did not skate today and is apparently sick (not listed as scratched) but who knows and his absence or limiting of his minutes due to an illness may effect how much ice time Seabrook gets - especially since Rozsival and Kempney are both healthy scratches.

Should be a great game at the Garden tonight, wish I was going but holy shit were the tickets expensive!

Raanta put up a good game last week against Chicago. Might as well have the same goalie matchup

dmbetc 12-13-2016 04:12 PM

Kings/Sabres is the free NHL.com game. Perfect for my night at work. And Kings just went up 1-0.

kev87lads 12-13-2016 07:25 PM

Didn't finish well for your squad.

Lcsulla 12-13-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16665094)
Raanta put up a good game last week against Chicago. Might as well have the same goalie matchup

He played great again tonight as did Darling. Amazing that 2 backup goalies could only surrender 3 goals (all in one period) in regulation time in 5 days against 2 damn good offensive teams. I will definitely take a split with the Rangers in their 2 games. Now hopefully the Rangers can do me another favor and beat Dallas Thursday and then smack down and then beat up on Nashville Saturday - that will surely help my finally healthy Hawks whom I hope can knock off both the Islanders and Blues Thursday and Saturday respectively. Go Hawks and go Rangers!!!!!!!

TMoore4075 12-14-2016 05:24 AM

Keep on falling Wings. I'm starting to question coaching because the team isn't that bad talent-wise, it's just they aren't performing.

JRS1386 12-14-2016 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16665350)
Keep on falling Wings. I'm starting to question coaching because the team isn't that bad talent-wise, it's just they aren't performing.

#endthestreak

Roose13 12-14-2016 05:47 AM

Tonight, the Flyers go for TEN

TMoore4075 12-14-2016 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16665358)
#endthestreak

Unless they pull their heads out of their asses, then it is. I'm ok with that. 25 years is a nice number. Will always regret 2009 and 2015. Should have had the Cup in 09 and should have been up 3-1 on TBL and if they beat them, who knows what happens after that. Eh well. Like I said, be out of it by the deadline and maybe trade Vanek and Green, maybe even Tatar for something. Get a bunch of assets and hope to get a like top 5 pick. They aren't that bad and have some nice pieces but just need some more high-end talent, especially on D. Have a goalie and some decent forwards and more coming.

fonzz41 12-14-2016 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16665383)

Plan on the streak continuing.

TheLastPig 12-14-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16665383)

Must suck knowing the Pens are going for 7 in a row tonight too. This run isnt really gaining them much ground, only keeping pace with the top of the division.

Roose13 12-14-2016 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16665492)
Must suck knowing the Pens are going for 7 in a row tonight too. This run isnt really gaining them much ground, only keeping pace with the top of the division.

We were talking about that in the office Monday (one editor is a Rangers fan and the other is a Pens fan). The top five teams in the Metro had a combined 27-game winning streak heading into Monday night. Impressive, but frustrating for everyone who is hot but still trying to keep pace with the other teams.

JRS1386 12-14-2016 08:05 AM

I mean they gained 4 points in that stretch, so thats something

BeyondKnight 12-14-2016 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16665512)
We were talking about that in the office Monday (one editor is a Rangers fan and the other is a Pens fan). The top five teams in the Metro had a combined 27-game winning streak heading into Monday night. Impressive, but frustrating for everyone who is hot but still trying to keep pace with the other teams.

I guess any 10 game winning streak is noting to sneer at, but you'd like to see some division wins in there.

JRS1386 12-14-2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16665623)
I guess any 10 game winning streak is noting to sneer at, but you'd like to see some division wins in there.

This is a dumb post. They play the team that they take this ice with. Its not like they can be like, sorry Chicago, we aren't going to play you, we will just wait for Pittsburgh

hailtopitt 12-14-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16665674)
This is a dumb post. They play the team that they take this ice with. Its not like they can be like, sorry Chicago, we aren't going to play you, we will just wait for Pittsburgh

i don't think that's what he meant

he said it's nothing to sneer at, it's obviously a good thing to win 9 in a row

but if it happens to come during a stretch against division teams, it would be better because you gain more ground

makes sense

Dramageek 12-14-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16665684)

but if it happens to come during a stretch against division teams, it would be better because you gain more ground

makes sense

This. The 10-game winning streak is mighty impressive, but some division wins would be some icing on the cake.

fonzz41 12-14-2016 11:11 AM

You know what would be really nice for the Flyers?

Some division wins.

TMoore4075 12-14-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16665712)

Some division wins.

You know what would be nice...some wins. lol

So Iggy still playing Matty? I saw a tweet about being a rental. Have to be honest, totally forgot he was still around.

hailtopitt 12-14-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16665712)

Some division wins.

yea, too bad Jamie Benn isn't a center you freaking idiot

fonzz41 12-14-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16665719)
yea, too bad Jamie Benn isn't a center you freaking idiot

Yeah, like OMG Claude Giroux, one of the top 250 players in the game right now.

fonzz41 12-14-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16665716)
You know what would be nice...some wins. lol

So Iggy still playing Matty? I saw a tweet about being a rental. Have to be honest, totally forgot he was still around.

You know, during the Montreal 10-1 game, I was thinking, "if this is what it takes to help this team hit rock bottom and convince them to make some moves, GO MONTREAL!" But then they turned around and beat Toronto the next night, meaning no moves will probably occur and we will continue to suck.

Iggy is still sorta playing. Has like 7 points this year, but also playing on the worst team in the league. Would love to see him moved, for his sake. Send him to a contender and give him one more go. He's still a great team player though. I loved seeing him go after Emelin at the end of the Montreal game for his hit on Colborne. He's a leader, and even though the team is bad I think he's still a positive influence. I just hate to see him wasting the final years of his career.

TMoore4075 12-14-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16665723)
You know, during the Montreal 10-1 game, I was thinking, "if this is what it takes to help this team hit rock bottom and convince them to make some moves, GO MONTREAL!" But then they turned around and beat Toronto the next night, meaning no moves will probably occur and we will continue to suck.

Iggy is still sorta playing. Has like 7 points this year, but also playing on the worst team in the league. Would love to see him moved, for his sake. Send him to a contender and give him one more go. He's still a great team player though. I loved seeing him go after Emelin at the end of the Montreal game for his hit on Colborne. He's a leader, and even though the team is bad I think he's still a positive influence. I just hate to see him wasting the final years of his career.

To that first part, I want the Wings to hit that. They are just good enough to be in contention for a playoff spot. I'd rather them be playing better but it would benefit this team to bottom out and try make trades for assets.

I questioned the signing of him at his age for that much $$. I expected the Avs to improve over that time though, not go backwards. So you'd have an overpaid guy on at least a decent team. Not an overpaid guy on a crap team.

barbogast 12-14-2016 12:13 PM

The metro is a cluster fuck of productivity right now. I mean the flyers (as has been well documented on this page) have won 9 straight and they're in FIFTH PLACE in the division right now. When you've spent 30% of your season on a winning streak and you're still only in 5th, that's nuts.

The top team in the Pacific is good enough for 6th place in the metro. It's just amazing.

fonzz41 12-14-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16665758)
I questioned the signing of him at his age for that much $$. I expected the Avs to improve over that time though, not go backwards. So you'd have an overpaid guy on at least a decent team. Not an overpaid guy on a crap team.

Yeah I was really skeptical as well, especially about the term. But I thought, wow, this is a great up and coming team who could maybe even be contending by the end of this contract. Having a vet like him on board will be awesome! (this was after the year they won the division, Varly nominated for the Vezina, etc.)

:lol

Alazais 12-14-2016 12:24 PM

That thing with Manning and McDavid made me hate the Flyers even more. Worst team in all of sports.

barbogast 12-14-2016 12:26 PM

It really is disappointing what's happened with the Avalanche the past two years and now into this one. That year they won the division, they were captivating. I don't think anyone would've predicted a recession like this. They absolutely looked like they were about to explode into a regular-playoff team, at the very least. There was so much to like about them and so many reasons to be excited, and now the wheels have come completely off. That's too bad. I feel for their fans (especially the one in here).

BeyondKnight 12-14-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16665684)

makes sense

Exactly - I'm all about making hay while the sun shines, but currently they are still in the last WC spot. 9 wins, but 0 of them against the Caps, CBJs, Rags, or the Pens, who are all ahead of them and are on relative hot-streaks of their own.

Also, I wish $350 dollars would unexpectedly fall in my lap. I have the opportunity for a pair to the stadium series in Feb,