Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

bradshaw06 05-04-2016 08:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

I love hornqvist. So happy with how that trade turned out

Lcsulla 05-04-2016 08:40 PM

Wow, damn good game. Lots of credit to Murray and a defense missing Letang and Maatta. 3-1 lead now, tough to overcome.

These playoffs are insane. Blues, Sharks and Tampa all in control of their series while Pittsburgh is a win away from knocking out the favorite in the east. Add in that the Ducks, Hawks, Rangers, Panthers and Kings (all legit contenders) were all knocked out in the first round.

If the Caps get knocked out I am not sure who I will be hoping to end up winning the cup, probably the Sharks because my lil brother is a fan.

TMoore4075 05-05-2016 04:40 AM

Poor Caps. Like Matt said Ovi is better than he's ever been in terms of a complete game and here they are in the same old position. Bent over.

aeroshady 05-05-2016 05:45 AM

Really tough for the Caps. Unfortunately, I can't see them coming back from that. Only good thing is that the next game is in DC.

Roose13 05-05-2016 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16399927)
And yes I know who 72 is I don't feel like spelling his name out

You're just still a little foggy on the whole Gordie Howe hat trick thing.

cjstinelli 05-05-2016 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16399861)
Crosby the ultimate pansy.

When exactly did he cry about getting slashed?

TheLastPig 05-05-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16399861)
Crosby the ultimate pansy.

Yeah what are you guys talking about? He didnt do anything until he went down the tunnel and slammed his stick. Didnt make a comment to the refs. Thats not whining.

He probably thought he was injured which is why he threw his stick at all.

cjstinelli 05-05-2016 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16399832)
It was weird because it didn't look like much. But Crosby was really upset in the tunnel

He said afterward that he thought it was serious. His hand went numb. If you see him in the tunnel slamming his stick, he's only using one hand.

cjstinelli 05-05-2016 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16400341)
Yeah what are you guys talking about? He didnt do anything until he went down the tunnel and slammed his stick. Didnt make a comment to the refs. Thats not whining.

He probably thought he was injured which is why he threw his stick at all.

He has a reputation, understandably so, from his first couple years. Most ppl can't let it go and see that he's changed.

hailtopitt 05-05-2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16399767)
Sweet headshot from Malkin

shoulder was tucked. clean hit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16399771)
Hagelin won't get a game but Malkin will get rung up for 1

zero chance Malkin gets anything

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16399779)
Unfortunately the angles they showed on TV aren't particularly clear. But it was very close.

they should've challenged then....or maybe Backstrom could maybe not let a 39 year old burn him

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16399828)
Ovie slashed him on the forearm. When he went to the room smashed his stick against the wall and was generally furious.

He just returned to the bench

pretty dirty play...but smart at the same time as it was along the boards and Ovie knew no one would see it

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16399833)
Huge finish here for the Caps. Can't go down 3-1. Gotta find a way. They're totally outplaying this team again.

:lol i guess...puck possession is great and all but eventually, in order to be outplaying a team, you have to be, you know, beating them

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16399849)
Crosby crying about being whacked in the hand is hilarious considering his reputation for doing the same exact thing.

:lol shut up dude, it was a bad slash and he said he thought he was injured. he didn't cry to anyone at all either, just went right to the locker room

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16399852)
Sidney with the embellishment

:lol as if every player EVER doesn't react that way when they get a stick to the face

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16399869)
He just has such a flair for the dramatic. What with the throwing the stick around like a baby and the embellishment at the end there. He just sucks.

melt was in progress hard last night i see...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16399911)
Crazy thing was Holtby was in great position to make the glove save. Holtby has been very good all series and not getting the credit

Holtby has been very good? interesting

maybe the Pens can go 5-hole on him one more time because it hasn't happened enough already...

unccrombie 05-05-2016 07:34 AM

:lol h2p coming in hot

hailtopitt 05-05-2016 07:41 AM

Brohan, Barbs & Flyers fans spitting venom

glad i wasn't in here last night

Dramageek 05-05-2016 07:45 AM

This Caps team is like any number of post-2009 Dan Bylsma teams. Dominate the regular season, hit a wall in the playoffs for whatever reason.

jrkarger 05-05-2016 07:49 AM

Wow, lots of jelly in here.

At least, CrashNumbers acknowledged Crosby has been beat on for a while. :thumbsup

hailtopitt 05-05-2016 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16400427)
This Caps team is like any number of post-2009 Dan Bylsma teams. Dominate the regular season, hit a wall in the playoffs for whatever reason.

it's not like the Caps are playing poorly, it's just that the Penguins are a little bit better right now

Penguins are cashing in, the Caps are not.

YouNeverKnow25 05-05-2016 07:56 AM

and it seems like murray is getting just enough of a pad or a glove or a stick or just anything he can on the capitals' good chances

hailtopitt 05-05-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16400460)
and it seems like murray is getting just enough of a pad or a glove or a stick or just anything he can on the capitals' good chances

absolutely

jrkarger 05-05-2016 08:01 AM

I agree. I thought as soon as H2P said the Caps aren't playing poor that this is one of those series where the winning goal tender is just locked in. No matter what the Caps do they can't beat Murray. What else could the Caps do? Get 59 shots in a game instead of 49?

Hats off to Murray.

Dramageek 05-05-2016 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16400468)
I agree. I thought as soon as H2P said the Caps aren't playing poor that this is one of those series where the winning goal tender is just locked in. No matter what the Caps do they can't beat Murray. What else could the Caps do? Get 59 shots in a game instead of 49?

Hats off to Murray.

Yes indeed. Murray has been stealing the show. The Caps have been playing very well and their offensive chances come in waves. But they just haven't scored as many goals.

The exception is Game 2, where they didn't get a shot for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd period. The Caps looked a little out of sorts in that game.

hailtopitt 05-05-2016 08:09 AM

Pens are clearly out skating the Caps too...it really showed up last night too

and they did it without Letang :lol

PS--how Letang is NOT a finalist for the Norris is beyond me...it's probably be cause he's French Canadian (seriously) because that's the only thing that makes sense

cpxc. 05-05-2016 08:14 AM

COLE TRAIN getting all rowdy

http://blogs.post-gazette.com/sports...ime=1462460112

bradshaw06 05-05-2016 08:14 AM

Losing Orpik led to that win. If he is in and weber is not, that ot goal may not happen. But i'll take it!

hailtopitt 05-05-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 16400494)

:thumbsup:thumbsup

hailtopitt 05-05-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16400498)
Losing Orpik led to that win. If he is in and weber is not, that ot goal may not happen. But i'll take it!

meh, at the same time, maybe if Letang is in the game we get a PP goal and win by 2 or 3

ifs and buts...

TheLastPig 05-05-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16400460)

Yep :thumbsup

At least 3 shots/deflections last night that just caught a tip of his shoulder/glove and made them go wide.

The idea that the Caps are completely outplaying the Pens is flat out wrong. Its been an incredibly even series, Pens are getting the puck to go in, and have great goaltending going. Not to mention completely out-skating the Caps.

fonzz41 05-05-2016 08:25 AM

Rutherford's deals for Cole and Daley, which had some people scratching their heads at the time, are looking pretty astute right now. Both had great games last night. Cole has been really solid all series.

BeyondKnight 05-05-2016 08:27 AM

This has been an amazing series. The hockey fan of me wants to to go longer, but the Pens fan inside me doesn't want to give DC any mercy.

trd1610 05-05-2016 08:28 AM

Two days off between games in the TB/NYI series because of Bieber shows at the Barclays. Always nice to have extra rest come playoff time but I wish we were playing tonight.

hailtopitt 05-05-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16400520)
Rutherford's deals for Cole and Daley, which had some people scratching their heads at the time, are looking pretty astute right now. Both had great games last night. Cole has been really solid all series.

:thumbsup not to mention the Hagelin deal which sent Perron to Anaheim

classic win-win hockey trade

speed is a killer and we saw Hagelin blow by and draw a penalty last night

TheLastPig 05-05-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16400520)

Noone in Pittsburgh was scratching their heads about the Daley deal. That was gold from the beginning.

I still dont like the Cole deal much. I think Bortuzzo is a very useful defenseman who has size, can skate, move the puck and throw his body around.