Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

seanbrutus 08-18-2019 08:47 AM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho220 (Post 17523879)
I haven’t had a chance to listen to all of this years streams. I’ve listened to the ones before WPB N1 but the ones after that I haven’t had the time yet, unfortunately.

But those I did hear from this year were lacking in quality to those last year. Both WPB streams from 2018 - for me - are the best ones I’ve heard as far as quality goes. Everything sounds good in the mix plus they were able to capture the room to really make it feel like a live show. Crowd is mixed in nicely helping with that as well.

This years streams - again, for me - are severely lacking in quality compared to last years. The performances are excellent but the quality could use improvement.

I heard Ari say that the Des Moines show was airing because he asked on Twitter and that was the overwhelming request. I went back through his timeline and I couldn’t even find the last time he mentioned DMB/DMBRadio. I was trying to ask about a WPB N1 rebroadcast since I was at the show but didn’t get to hear the stream. We came back from Florida on the Friday after and I listened all day - they didn’t do a rebroadcast. Go figure, early on they were running the streams into the ground all week, ha!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I thought it was just nostalgia, but I keep those '18 WPB shows on my phone cause they are so damn good. I love those recordings.

SeekNancyUp 08-18-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Heard a 95 recently&gt;water wine&gt;blue water earlier<br>
<br>
Was surprised.
Is there an official live version release of this?

OK_Ant 08-18-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekNancyUp (Post 17524237)
Is there an official live version release of this?

http://dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.as...=36&where=1995

SeekNancyUp 08-18-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OK_Ant (Post 17524301)

Thanks! I think i might just go buy this.

BMus1 08-22-2019 08:03 AM

I heard True Reflections live from 1993 this morning. I did a triple take.

sheldonlevene 08-22-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMus1 (Post 17526916)
I heard True Reflections live from 1993 this morning. I did a triple take.

what, what, whaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Heard some random stuff yesterday on my drive to lunch. ADSR from Dallas 07. Beauty of Wynona from 97 and something else that made me pause.

It'd be great if they kept the rotation fresh. there's more than enough to draw from.

BMus1 08-22-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheldonlevene (Post 17526919)
what, what, whaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Heard some random stuff yesterday on my drive to lunch. ADSR from Dallas 07. Beauty of Wynona from 97 and something else that made me pause.

It'd be great if they kept the rotation fresh. there's more than enough to draw from.

YUP. I thought Shotgun, Wynona, Leave Me Praying, and ADSR would be the weirdest I heard but that one shocked me. Overall they’ve upped this station’s game a ton. I’m hoping for an extension since Dave’s solo set at their studios happens after the end date (I think?).

BillyMiller 08-22-2019 10:22 AM

Last weekend The Way Back Featuring Boyd Tinsley debuted DOOF and this morning I hear True Reflections on DMB radio. Don't think that's a coincidence. You can't tell me that Dave isn't feeling some pressure from Crapsaw to push back. Boyd knows where the bodies are buried.

drop2d 08-22-2019 10:27 AM

:lol :lol

TheLastPig 08-22-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMiller (Post 17527055)
Last weekend The Way Back Featuring Boyd Tinsley debuted DOOF and this morning I hear True Reflections on DMB radio. Don't think that's a coincidence. You can't tell me that Dave isn't feeling some pressure from Crapsaw to push back. Boyd knows where the bodies are buried.

Thats because he's the one who buried them after stealing their socks.

dontdrink36 08-22-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Please don't ever leave the boards. This is masterful art.

sheldonlevene 08-22-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

5-Star Post

dmbclstj2 08-22-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Oh Billy, I really hope you stick around ....

Royal123 08-22-2019 03:25 PM

From a Jam Base Article a couple of days ago:

Dave Matthews will play an acoustic set and participate in a Q&A session during an invite-only concert for SiriusXM subscribers. The performance and Q&A session will take place at SiriusXM’s “The Garage” space at the company’s Los Angeles studios on Wednesday, September 11.

Dave’s set will air the following day, September 12, at 5 p.m. ET/PT on SiriusXM’s Dave Matthews Band Radio (Channel 30).

Gravedigger789 08-30-2019 08:18 PM

11:20 start right?

TwoStep2888 08-30-2019 08:19 PM

here we go

Dannyyankou 08-30-2019 08:22 PM

Great mix on the Sirius stream.

Dankguitar 08-31-2019 07:18 AM

Listening to last nights show on Sirius now. Dave’s voice sounds so healthy for this being end of tour. Maybe the best he’s sounded all tour

stlbluespower 08-31-2019 03:43 PM

Anyone know when Gorge N1 will be replayed. I missed the two rebroadcasts today. I tried to look at the sirius schedule but it looked like upcoming replays of Deer Creek.

nick997k 09-01-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlbluespower (Post 17532899)
Anyone know when Gorge N1 will be replayed. I missed the two rebroadcasts today. I tried to look at the sirius schedule but it looked like upcoming replays of Deer Creek.

There’s a way to check the rebroadcast schedule on the app. But to save you the trouble today from 11am-2pm EST (right now) AND again from 5-8pm EST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imnothingman 09-01-2019 12:17 PM

I hope someone again recorded the live stream...?

Le Master 09-01-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dankguitar (Post 17532749)
Listening to last nights show on Sirius now. Dave’s voice sounds so healthy for this being end of tour. Maybe the best he’s sounded all tour

I was thinking how bad he sounded. He sounded like a gravely mouse on N1. You can especially hear it on Dancing Nancies.

laststopdmb 09-03-2019 07:23 AM

Is Sirius done with the Friday night shows? I just realized there's two more shows on Friday night. I always think the tour is over after the Gorge, but there's about 5 more shows.

DMBstandUP1984 09-03-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laststopdmb (Post 17533879)
Is Sirius done with the Friday night shows? I just realized there's two more shows on Friday night. I always think the tour is over after the Gorge, but there's about 5 more shows.

So does the band

ba dum tiss

daspfund22 09-03-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laststopdmb (Post 17533879)

The channel is supposed to be live for another 2 weeks yet so I'd hope they broadcast those 2 shows

laststopdmb 09-03-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17533886)
So does the band

ba dum tiss

HA! Truth!

BigBadBigDon33 09-05-2019 04:33 AM

@Finkterton (the host) was taking requests, I believe, for this Friday. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what they were going to play from this year's shows. I could be wrong, and maybe they're doing a live one, but I thought he said it would be one of the previous ones from 2019.

BigBadBigDon33 09-05-2019 06:15 AM

Never mind, I think they are still doing live shows!

kenticus 09-06-2019 04:35 PM

Live stream is of tonight’s show in Nevada. Let’s see what happens!

daspfund22 09-06-2019 08:37 PM

This stream sounds on point tonight. Here’s to a great set!