Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

BruceW 03-18-2023 05:49 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 18369268)
Seeing them in Portugal would be nuts

I think it was Portugal that Joe Lawlor told us his favorite show ever was played

ToySoldier#34 03-18-2023 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 18369274)
I think it was Portugal that Joe Lawlor told us his favorite show ever was played

https://youtu.be/hYMgqpNtu54

Not my favorite era of the band but damn

Dannyyankou 03-18-2023 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 18369275)

That was a great show, but I think he was talking about the Portugal show from 2007 that became LT10

ToySoldier#34 03-18-2023 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 18369279)
That was a great show, but I think he was talking about the Portugal show from 2007 that became LT10

Oh yeah I agree, just thought it was a good reference point for the crowd there

hopewelljones 03-18-2023 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 18369275)

That's a fuckin crowd right there. There for the music and the togetherness. I've never seen or heard that before, thank you for sharing!

ForkInFork 03-18-2023 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcacel (Post 18369145)
N2 is coming soon

Cheers man, thanks for all the uploads and remasters!!!

pbrk11 03-18-2023 08:08 PM

As far as the actual Sirius xm feed, are they intentionally making the guitars sound hot incase of a potential D+T release of these shows?

sheman10 03-18-2023 08:19 PM

Typed this in the D&T Mexico thread already, but I'll type it again. I went to the D&T show in Mt Pleasant in 2003. People yelled and screamed and talked the entire show. Dave tried frequently to get everybody to shut up. They would not.

Anyway, point is, that was 20 years ago. Same shit.

Full band, they're loud, Dave doesn't talk nearly as much.

It sucks that people can't help themselves and talk a lot during shows. But it's also nothing new

OK_Ant 03-18-2023 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheman10 (Post 18369335)
Typed this in the D&T Mexico thread already, but I'll type it again. I went to the D&T show in Mt Pleasant in 2003. People yelled and screamed and talked the entire show. Dave tried frequently to get everybody to shut up. They would not.

Anyway, point is, that was 20 years ago. Same shit.

Full band, they're loud, Dave doesn't talk nearly as much.

It sucks that people can't help themselves and talk a lot during shows. But it's also nothing new

Alcohol plays a huge factor.

Xcacel 03-19-2023 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgeorbust34 (Post 18369337)
Think they’re actually mixed hot for the live show. The new sound guy sucks. Sirius is just picking up what come through the board and a love mic to make a matrix.

Who is the new sound guy? Did not hear about him

Xcacel 03-19-2023 07:13 AM

Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
Live at Moon Palace, Riviera Maya - Cancún, Mexico

https://images2.imgbox.com/87/c3/pRcRpukH_o.jpg

Download Link

Xcacel's Notes:
After Joe Lawlor's interview for the corner of Grey Street (great job, Bruce and Nolan), I was curious ​​to check out Cancun N2, described by Joe as one of the best recent D&T shows.
As discussed above, the show is strongly affected by the loud crowd ​who attended the show. One asshole, in particular, was so loud, close to the mics and so annoying. Now, I am trying to understand that you spend a lot of money to get to Mexico, and you are attempting to make everyone know that you are there ("I am screaming, thus I do exist"). But what you're really doing is ruining a performance. I put an extensive effort to clean the audio rip from the shouts, the screams, the whistles and the #1 asshole. I did my best, but I don't know if I succeeded completely (considering that I mainly focused on the beginning and the end of each track).
​Like last time, I created two different folders:
- Mastered: cleaned version, with some minor EQ and gain adjustment.
- Original: if you like to hear the show exactly as streamed.​

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

OK_Ant 03-19-2023 07:35 AM

Thanks again. :thumbsup

Fpuonpko 03-19-2023 08:10 AM

Thank you!! Will be great to check out later today or tomorrow!

This is what makes me want to NOT go to Mexico to see D&T. I can't stand people talking at shows, it drives me INSANE. Especially at this venue/event when its just D&T... I mean the sets are pretty incredible, the Dave speak is top notch, but I'm not spending a few thousand to barely be able to enjoy the show because a bunch of assholes are there.

jdm242424 03-19-2023 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcacel (Post 18369380)
Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
Live at Moon Palace, Riviera Maya - Cancún, Mexico

https://images2.imgbox.com/87/c3/pRcRpukH_o.jpg

Download Link

Xcacel's Notes:
After Joe Lawlor's interview for the corner of Grey Street (great job, Bruce and Nolan), I was curious ​​to check out Cancun N2, described by Joe as one of the best recent D&T shows.
As discussed above, the show is strongly affected by the loud crowd ​who attended the show. One asshole, in particular, was so loud, close to the mics and so annoying. Now, I am trying to understand that you spend a lot of money to get to Mexico, and you are attempting to make everyone know that you are there ("I am screaming, thus I do exist"). But what you're really doing is ruining a performance. I put an extensive effort to clean the audio rip from the shouts, the screams, the whistles and the #1 asshole. I did my best, but I don't know if I succeeded completely (considering that I mainly focused on the beginning and the end of each track).
​Like last time, I created two different folders:
- Mastered: cleaned version, with some minor EQ and gain adjustment.
- Original: if you like to hear the show exactly as streamed.​

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

Thanks again for doing this. N3 hopefully next week :)

Drock414 03-19-2023 11:28 AM

my one and only full D&T show was at West Point in 99...Crowd was so bad. Completely ruined my D&T experience and since that day, i do not go out of my way to get D&T tix.

madhatter 03-20-2023 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcacel (Post 18369377)
Who is the new sound guy? Did not hear about him

Doesn't Rob Evans typically mix their live streams? Or is he not doing that anymore?

coldengrey12 03-20-2023 06:50 AM

Thanks, Xcacel! Appreciate you and all the hard work you do!

Route_2 03-20-2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgeorbust34 (Post 18369832)
Is it just me, or do these shows sound a little sloppy performance wise? Tim is making a lot of mistakes, which he doesn't usually do.

Even on Tim's solo spots it's not as clean of playing as I'm used to hearing from him.

Dave seems also a bit out of it. More so than usual. Some lyric/chord fumbles, lack of effort on some vocals.

Too many pina coladas at the pool?

NiCK Crush 03-20-2023 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgeorbust34 (Post 18369832)
Is it just me, or do these shows sound a little sloppy performance wise? Tim is making a lot of mistakes, which he doesn't usually do.

Even on Tim's solo spots it's not as clean of playing as I'm used to hearing from him.

Dave seems also a bit out of it. More so than usual. Some lyric/chord fumbles, lack of effort on some vocals.

Go listen to Luther College. It sounds like two completely different people performing.

Pick Me Up Love 03-20-2023 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fpuonpko (Post 18369388)
Thank you!! Will be great to check out later today or tomorrow!

This is what makes me want to NOT go to Mexico to see D&T. I can't stand people talking at shows, it drives me INSANE. Especially at this venue/event when its just D&T... I mean the sets are pretty incredible, the Dave speak is top notch, but I'm not spending a few thousand to barely be able to enjoy the show because a bunch of assholes are there.

We were first timers in MX this year, and we're not at all type that needs/wants to be super close. We were posted up probably 40ish yards back, dead center, from the stage each night. It was crickets during the quiet tunes all 3 nights. The people we were around were amazing. We had the most incredible experience and still talk about how quiet it was during the quiet and Tim solo songs.

I guess where you are really does make a huge difference. Feel like the closer you get to the stage is where you experience the loud, disruptive assholes which is evident when listening to the streams.

Pick Me Up Love 03-20-2023 10:05 AM

Thank you so much, Xcacel!!

BigWhiskey1855 03-20-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pick Me Up Love (Post 18369842)
We were first timers in MX this year, and we're not at all type that needs/wants to be super close. We were posted up probably 40ish yards back, dead center, from the stage each night. It was crickets during the quiet tunes all 3 nights. The people we were around were amazing. We had the most incredible experience and still talk about how quiet it was during the quiet and Tim solo songs.

I guess where you are really does make a huge difference. Feel like the closer you get to the stage is where you experience the loud, disruptive assholes which is evident when listening to the streams.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm on the fence about Mexico next year (if it occurs), and the rowdier crowd has definitely been a con.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Pick Me Up Love 03-20-2023 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 (Post 18369848)
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm on the fence about Mexico next year (if it occurs), and the rowdier crowd has definitely been a con.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I was also a concerned going into it, but couldn't have been proven more wrong. Was the best vacation my wife and I have ever had. Really hoping they do it again next year. If they do announce it, not even a question of not going lol.

Highly, highly recommended. We literally still talk about it every day. Magical experience.

Fpuonpko 03-20-2023 10:41 AM

Yeah, it is definitely a risk. I 'm sure I would still have an awesome time lol Hopefully I can make it there one time

sheman10 03-20-2023 11:11 AM

Yeah, check out people's wildly different experiences in the D&T Mexico thread. Seems it was very dependent on where you were in the crowd. I was pretty close, but very far on Tim's side, and my experience was much more like PMUL's. Pretty chatty at the beginning of N1, but got much better as it went along, especially after Dave's Vatican story.

My rankings are

Set: N1>N2>N3
Crowd: N3>N2>N1

I got no problem with Molly Tuttle. She's obviously very talented. But we also didn't spend all that money to see D&T play a bunch of bluegrass songs. That Ants was fantastic though.

Route_2 03-20-2023 12:33 PM

The good thing about those shows is it's relatively easy to move around in the crowd if you want to change your experience. It's generally not packed in like a Pit unless you're very close to the stage.

ToySoldier#34 03-20-2023 01:13 PM

Thanks XCacel!

alec 03-20-2023 01:27 PM

@ XCacel - Thank you for doing this. These sound great!

hopewelljones 03-20-2023 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 18369841)
Go listen to Luther College. It sounds like two completely different people performing.

27 years is a hell of a drug.

Pick Me Up Love 03-20-2023 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheman10 (Post 18369919)

My rankings are

Crowd: N3>N2>N1

I'm right there with you - real close. We did have a similar experience lol..

My rankings

Crowd: Honestly, it was the same awesome experience every night, so I have to base it on the people around us. N2>N3>N1