Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

TheStone91 07-31-2022 08:42 AM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazypeople36 (Post 18242064)
In the regular slot last night, they played D&T Radio City 2007. This morning in the usual replay slot, they did Germany 2019.

Blah. Thanks for the info!

SeekUpTheCubs 08-04-2022 02:25 PM

Any word on tomorrow? would be cool to get something unplayed, even if its summer 2022

TheStone91 08-04-2022 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekUpTheCubs (Post 18244106)
Any word on tomorrow? would be cool to get something unplayed, even if its summer 2022

Hopefully it’s Alpine N1 from this year. Ari hinted at some point that it might get aired on the channel…

SeekUpTheCubs 08-05-2022 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 18244282)
Hopefully it’s Alpine N1 from this year. Ari hinted at some point that it might get aired on the channel…

This would be awesome. That said, the Crumbo tapes are fantastic

Springraces 08-05-2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 18244282)

I understand typically Friday nights are the first night in a 2 night stand anywhere. BUT it seems like SXM favors the N1 of any stand, even when it's not live. Is this because N2's are typically the ones that get official releases? It's so rare that an LT series puts out N1.

monizzle145 08-05-2022 12:12 PM

Assuming they have limited live shows they can release per year I would rather them stack exclusive releases towards the winter and early 2023.

Contract between DMB and SXM has to include something where the band doesn't want but so many SXM exclusives per year. Heck Phish Radio plays every tour stop the next day at 12 noon and Phish has a live Phish app that that release would be in direct competition to.

SeekUpTheCubs 08-05-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monizzle145 (Post 18244619)
Assuming they have limited live shows they can release per year I would rather them stack exclusive releases towards the winter and early 2023.

Contract between DMB and SXM has to include something where the band doesn't want but so many SXM exclusives per year. Heck Phish Radio plays every tour stop the next day at 12 noon and Phish has a live Phish app that that release would be in direct competition to.

Just speculation... but probably also a fair amount of work to properly mix shows for weekly release. At least older shows.

Would like to see more new shows get streamed. And I've been a vocal supporter of releasing every show like Phish. I listen to the prior night's Phish show almost every day the next morning. Havent missed a show in years. They definitely keep me engaged that way

that said... the Raleigh show 22 that our lord and savior Xcacel grabbed sounds so damn good. cant stop listening to it

Springraces 08-05-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekUpTheCubs (Post 18244730)
Just speculation... but probably also a fair amount of work to properly mix shows for weekly release. At least older shows.

Would like to see more new shows get streamed. And I've been a vocal supporter of releasing every show like Phish. I listen to the prior night's Phish show almost every day the next morning. Havent missed a show in years. They definitely keep me engaged that way

that said... the Raleigh show 22 that our lord and savior Xcacel grabbed sounds so damn good. cant stop listening to it

In 2022 they are one of the major acts who do not. Put them out on Nugs

jaymas9 08-06-2022 07:47 AM

Just listened to the Fool to Think from Camden for the first time. Man, felt like it absolutely slapped. Jeff was tearing it up.

Bearclaw_ 08-06-2022 08:04 AM

In todays world, the technological time and effort bar for mixing shows has dropped considerably. Many bands release shows hours after they play.

DMB just doesn’t do the model and doesn’t care to change. Sucks. Biggest way to keep people engaged.

monizzle145 08-06-2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ (Post 18244918)
In todays world, the technological time and effort bar for mixing shows has dropped considerably. Many bands release shows hours after they play.

DMB just doesn’t do the model and doesn’t care to change. Sucks. Biggest way to keep people engaged.

Most bands that are on Nugs have much more jam and setlist variety than DMB. It's a win that we get all the summer tour Friday shows and I commend all the people that made that happen. My guess is that they would rather not get the extra revenue (they would easily hundreds of thousands if they switched to the nugs model) and create the hype to actually go to DMB shows.

The lack of a solid audio release of every show and select full video packages for parts of the tour actually helps fuel longtime fans to actually go to shows in person as well. If you are 20+ years into going to live dmb shows with a spouse and kids and they are going to stream HD video of every DMB show odds are you may cut a few shows if you are a frequent tourer.

All the while everyone is still getting hook line and sunk into how great the live show but just giving us Friday only. There were people who bought SPAC N2 tickets for the lawn tickets that Friday. Based off the heat from SPAC N1 on SXM.

20ish years ago you may be lucky to get a yahoo or AOL livestream of 1 show a tour if you were lucky

5-10 years ago there were 1-3 shows on certain tours that would be on YouTube

In 2022 you can get every Summer Tour Friday show for the full band on SXM along with exclusive soundboard releases of a few archive, D&T Mexico, and recent 2018-2022 shows not on Friday's. Band has made a huge jump in progress on what we can access outside the live trax.

Bearclaw_ 08-06-2022 08:53 AM

I understand all of your points but my post was specifically targeting the technology aspect. They ARE able to do what other bands do, I’d they choose.

Setlist variety, etc. is a different conversation.

Springraces 08-06-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymas9 (Post 18244912)
Just listened to the Fool to Think from Camden for the first time. Man, felt like it absolutely slapped. Jeff was tearing it up.

It does. This is a surprisingly amazing cover. I saw it the setlist the first time and rolled my eyes, but once I heard it, it's perfect for them. Welcome to stay awhile. It's complex enough and fits their current sound perfectly. Dave's voice is good on it too.

kmbean 08-06-2022 01:15 PM

People think Fool to Think was a Hendrix song but it was originally written by Dylan.

Springraces 08-06-2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmbean (Post 18245046)
People think Fool to Think was a Hendrix song but it was originally written by Dylan.

I thought it was Morrison, Jim. I thought he said fool in the rain. I couldn't hear what he wrote.

rdp520 08-10-2022 04:09 PM

Bump……was looking for Dave and Tim Mexico 2022

sheman10 08-10-2022 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdp520 (Post 18247407)
Bump……was looking for Dave and Tim Mexico 2022

scroll up to the mid-to-late March posts. Dunno if the links still work but that's when they were posted

rdp520 08-11-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheman10 (Post 18247448)
scroll up to the mid-to-late March posts. Dunno if the links still work but that's when they were posted

The links still work.

DaveCrave41 08-11-2022 01:30 PM

Is there a way to see the entire Sirius catalog for the DMB channel? I heard a version of Watchtower I really enjoyed while working last week but haven't heard it again since.

crashintonickdm 08-21-2022 08:05 AM

6/23/01 on now. Perfect time for a 2 hour drive

SinclairWill 09-01-2022 09:56 AM

I know it's been quiet on this thread lately, but does anyone remember if the Gorge 22 shows are being live broadcasted anywhere? I can't remember if this was a rumor, a fan wish, or actually happening... Any help is appreciated. Would love to watch live from home if I can.
Cheers,
W

madhatter 09-01-2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinclairWill (Post 18259010)
I know it's been quiet on this thread lately, but does anyone remember if the Gorge 22 shows are being live broadcasted anywhere? I can't remember if this was a rumor, a fan wish, or actually happening... Any help is appreciated. Would love to watch live from home if I can.
Cheers,
W

Only official stream I'm aware of is the Friday night show (audio) on SiriusXM. I don't know of any official video streaming for any shows. I think there's probably a very good chance of getting some unofficial streams on the dMb Couch Tour FB group, though.

Xcacel 09-01-2022 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinclairWill (Post 18259010)
Cheers,
W

It was Ari from Sirius, talking about surprises for the Gorge. But I think this won't happen

monizzle145 09-01-2022 01:19 PM

I think if anything it would be Nights 2 and 3 being streamed in future weeks where there isn't a Friday show or a full stream like last year of Friday where you can hear the openers on SXM as well.

Ari is in Denver this weekend for Phish's Dicks 4 night run where all 4 shows will be on SXM. I think that's gunna be the primary push this weekend for SXM live content.

Afternoon Spray 09-02-2022 08:37 AM

I'm new to the forum and have been reading through the posts here and haven't found an answer, but I was wondering does anyone know if the Gorge Night 1 being streamed this evening? I checked the Sirius XM schedule and it shows that they're replaying Noblesville, Indiana at 5 but no word on the Gorge Night 1 after that.

LaLaLaLaHey 09-02-2022 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afternoon Spray (Post 18259440)
I'm new to the forum and have been reading through the posts here and haven't found an answer, but I was wondering does anyone know if the Gorge Night 1 being streamed this evening? I checked the Sirius XM schedule and it shows that they're replaying Noblesville, Indiana at 5 but no word on the Gorge Night 1 after that.

I’m sure it is. They’ve had it marked incorrectly before this tour

monizzle145 09-02-2022 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afternoon Spray (Post 18259440)

I am almost certain they will be playing Gorge N1 on SXM

monizzle145 09-02-2022 12:01 PM

Confirmed They will stream the gorge show tonight starting 8pm Eastern 5 Pacific which means they will have openers live too

https://twitter.com/davematthewsbnd/...66758098771970

Friendly reminder that Ari is in Colorado for the Phish Run at Dicks so don't expect any interview with an album announcement unless they recorded something for SXM prior to this weekend.

TypicalBilly14 09-02-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monizzle145 (Post 18259557)
Confirmed They will stream the gorge show tonight starting 8pm Eastern 5 Pacific which means they will have openers live too

https://twitter.com/davematthewsbnd/...66758098771970

Friendly reminder that Ari is in Colorado for the Phish Run at Dicks so don't expect any interview with an album announcement unless they recorded something for SXM prior to this weekend.

who in the blue hell is Ari?

maythekarma1 09-02-2022 03:19 PM

The guy who hosts the Sirius XM show. Pretty good dude all things considered.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk