Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

aeroshady 01-21-2022 06:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 18116429)
Fun night so far but there’s still 20 minutes. Go Canes.

There’s a different snow day vibe in the arena. I love it.

Enjoy the game man! Hockey in the snow is great and the Canes are probably the best team in hockey with a really great chance at a cup this year!

bradshaw06 01-21-2022 06:36 PM

Sids hatty was something else tonight

jcc522 01-21-2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18116436)
Enjoy the game man! Hockey in the snow is great and the Canes are probably the best team in hockey with a really great chance at a cup this year!

Funnnnnnnn game. I got loose once on the way home. It was a little treacherous so you prob made a good call staying in. I’m hoping the Canes can make it to the conference final and would love a Cup.

Fact: my very first DMB show was in Raleigh the day after the Canes won the Cup. Carter wore an away Canes jersey and the crowd went wild the first time he was shown on the screen. Dave said “I hear the Cups in town” lol

unccrombie 01-21-2022 07:42 PM

Should get some winter tires my man.

jcc522 01-21-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 18116478)
Should get some winter tires my man.

Tires are fine. Its the ice that is no bueno

unccrombie 01-21-2022 07:54 PM

The NHL Thread

Not so funny story. Drove about 150 miles on 1/2 to 1 in ice through CO this year on winter tires. Worst driving experience of my life even after 20+ in upstate NY.

jcc522 01-21-2022 08:18 PM

Do you understand what the fuck a Hurricane actually is? Its the largest, most powerful natural weather occurrence to exist in human history. Hurricane force winds can reach up to 160 mph. Do you seriously think an automobile with wings, manufactured in Detroit, would even dream about flying in 160 mph winds? No fucking shot bud. The sun, literally the most powerful star in our large ass solar system, gets blacked out by a Hurricane for days on end. So if you think a regular ol star from Dallas has a chance, get a grip kid. Just for a second, imagine a BlackHawk warrior trying to throw a spear or shoot an arrow at a god damn Hurricane. It would get teed up and clapped back at 160+ mph, try catching that absolute howitzer, Lankinen. Blue jacket, Red jacket, white jacket, yellow jacket. Don’t fucking matter bud, no jacket is stopping 2.4 TRILLION GALLONS OF RAIN PER DAY. Nashville ain’t called Smashville for a reason, they’d be as extinct as that ugly ass saber-tooth tiger on their sweaters if a real Hurricane ever came to town. Yeah a panther might just be a large cat, but a Hurricane can be larger, try sizing up a feline with a motherfucking cat 5. Don’t even get me started on lighting, you ever had your phone get rained on? No Bueno, buddy. The larger the amount of electricity, the better the chance it gets absolutely dangled by rain. As you can see , there is not a team in the Discover Central, let alone the entire fucking league that can withstand 160 mph winds and 2.4 trillion gallons of water. It’s a wrap, award the cup now.

drakan 01-21-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 18116429)
Fun night so far but there’s still 20 minutes. Go Canes.

There’s a different snow day vibe in the arena. I love it.

This one was over in the 2nd.

aeroshady 01-22-2022 11:03 AM

The more I think about last nights game the more positive I am about it. What a great opportunity it was to see how NY stacks up against the best in the league. Without games like that, you really don’t know where you are and what needs to improve. It also helps expose gaps in the line up where up grades are needed. It was also encouraging that they didn’t give up. They pulled the game in closer than it should have been by cutting the lead to 5-3. No one likes to lose, but in this case, the Rangers can stand to benefit greatly from that experience. It is on the players, coaching and management to make those important upgrades to their game and line up. Obviously that doesn’t all have to happen this year either. The Rangers are ahead of schedule and still have a few years window to get this line up rock solid! *as a Rangers fan I am still worried they will go all in this year and trade the future for one run though.

A good comparison is also looking at the Hurricanes. They look amazing this season and very poised to win a cup. That said, they looked amazing last year in a similar way to what NY is this season and got humbled and out classed by Tampa in the playoffs. I was at 2 of those games and it was frustrating just to see how outmatched they were in the end by the Lightning. I am really excited to see if Carolina, a year older, wiser, and upgraded lineup, can take that next step past Tampa to win a cup. Should be a fun second half and playoffs!

jcc522 01-22-2022 05:18 PM

Yeah we’re great but then start a college goalie and will lose to fucking New Jersey

unccrombie 01-22-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 18116862)
Yeah we’re great but then start a college goalie and will lose to fucking New Jersey

Well don’t fucking do that then.

jcc522 01-22-2022 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 18116863)
Well don’t fucking do that then.

They thought this guy was so great so I’m guessing they dangled straight to the NHL to get him to leave his college team and prevent him going free agent.

Sucks.

TypicalBilly14 01-22-2022 08:36 PM

nice comeback win for the Bruins over the Jets. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

drakan 01-22-2022 09:09 PM

Kreider>Ovechkin.

mthawk07 01-23-2022 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 18116977)
Kreider>Ovechkin.

He’s about to have his first 30 goal season in 9 full seasons, good for him! Ovechkin is just working on his 9th overall 50 goal season and has only failed to score 30 goals once, which was in last year’s shortened season. Maybe Kreider will get there one day.

aeroshady 01-23-2022 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 18117011)
He’s about to have his first 30 goal season in 9 full seasons, good for him! Ovechkin is just working on his 9th overall 50 goal season and has only failed to score 30 goals once, which was in last year’s shortened season. Maybe Kreider will get there one day.

I love that his comment triggered you enough to respond to an obvious joke :lol

Anyway, god solid comeback win last night. Kreider having a career year is fantastic!

mthawk07 01-23-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18117195)

Anyway, god solid comeback win last night. Kreider having a career year is fantastic!

Never can tell with drak, he has some goofy opinions.

aeroshady 01-23-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 18117201)

:lol fair enough.

Where do you think the Caps are at this year? They seem to be coasting a bit.

drakan 01-23-2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 18117201)

No I don't.

drakan 01-23-2022 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18117195)

Kreider goes hard in the paint. So opportunistic this season and always in the right place.

bradshaw06 01-23-2022 12:54 PM

With todays ot win pens are just 1 point out of first.

mthawk07 01-23-2022 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18117203)
:lol fair enough.

Where do you think the Caps are at this year? They seem to be coasting a bit.

Slow and old, just like last year. Mediocre goaltending, just like last year. But as long as Backstrom and Ovi are on the ice, they’ll win a lot of games. Wouldn’t hurt to get Oshie healthy, either.

aeroshady 01-24-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 18117243)
With todays ot win pens are just 1 point out of first.

They are a pretty amazing team. Can’t wait for their next rebuild though. Kind of over the Pens being good. Definitely getting to a place where I hate most teams in the Met until the Rangers win a cup :lol.

List of hate for the met in order of most hated to least hated:

Most-least:
Devils (their fans in 2012 ended friendships with me. They were being horrid that entire run so F them)

Capitals (this changed after they won a cup, before they were one of my least)

Penguins (don’t dislike, just stop winning cups please lol)

Islanders (fans annoyed me the last few years, but no cups means less hate)

Columbus (dislike because I had to work in Columbus and it sucks)

Philly (starting to feel a little bad for them as I can relate to the no cups)

Canes (living here has done wonders for me following this team and liking them, if/when they win a cup that will likely change; Especially if they knock the Rangers out of the playoffs on the way again lol).

swordo84 01-24-2022 08:53 AM

I wish the Oilers were still good :(

aeroshady 01-24-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 18117688)
I wish the Oilers were still good :(

But they are riding a 1 game win streak! 🔥

bradshaw06 01-24-2022 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 18117662)
They are a pretty amazing team. Can’t wait for their next rebuild though. Kind of over the Pens being good. Definitely getting to a place where I hate most teams in the Met until the Rangers win a cup :lol.

List of hate for the met in order of most hated to least hated:

Most-least:
Devils (their fans in 2012 ended friendships with me. They were being horrid that entire run so F them)

Capitals (this changed after they won a cup, before they were one of my least)

Penguins (don’t dislike, just stop winning cups please lol)

Islanders (fans annoyed me the last few years, but no cups means less hate)

Columbus (dislike because I had to work in Columbus and it sucks)

Philly (starting to feel a little bad for them as I can relate to the no cups)

Canes (living here has done wonders for me following this team and liking them, if/when they win a cup that will likely change; Especially if they knock the Rangers out of the playoffs on the way again lol).

I wasnt aware philly had an nhl team.

Roose13 01-24-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 18117710)
I wasnt aware philly had an nhl team.

People in Pittsburgh didn't realize they had a team either, which almost brought about a move to Kansas City, until they tanked for picks.

bradshaw06 01-24-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 18117742)
People in Pittsburgh didn't realize they had a team either, which almost brought about a move to Kansas City, until they tanked for picks.

eh attendance wasnt really the problem. Their old arena lease bled them to the point where they couldnt keep talent. So they were terrible and were able to build through the draft. If they were owned by comcast maybe it turns out different, maybe they just become a disappointment year after year like other teams.

Roose13 01-24-2022 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 18117754)
eh attendance wasnt really the problem. Their old arena lease bled them to the point where they couldnt keep talent. So they were terrible and were able to build through the draft. If they were owned by comcast maybe it turns out different, maybe they just become a disappointment year after year like other teams.

Understatement of the year in terms of being a Flyers fan :lol

bradshaw06 01-24-2022 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 18117758)
Understatement of the year in terms of being a Flyers fan :lol

I say this because most of my friends are philly fans, you guys deserve better. When the eagles won i was right there with you guys cheering.