Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

drakan 05-19-2021 07:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17956291)
Just absolutely great goaltending there :lol

Shame either team had to win.

jcc522 05-19-2021 08:22 PM

Another win closer [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

ToySoldier#34 05-19-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17956293)
Shame either team had to win.

It isn't but to each their own

mr.MikeD 05-19-2021 08:37 PM

Oilers doing oilers things.

jmkratt 05-20-2021 05:21 AM

Avs doing work, love it.

Antiramie 05-20-2021 06:03 AM

Kadri needs the book thrown at him.

jmkratt 05-20-2021 10:19 AM

I bet he gets somewhere around 2 games.

drakan 05-20-2021 10:43 AM

Avs and Canes favorites so far? I have watched zero Canadian hockey this year so I can't tell you about them.

drakan 05-20-2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17956311)
It isn't but to each their own

Ok I'm ok with the Bruins winning this round but losing next round. Deal?:)

swordo84 05-20-2021 05:04 PM

Tavares just took a knee to the head while falling
Totally inadvertent, but it looked fucking baaaaaad.

Really hope he's ok.

mr.MikeD 05-20-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17957147)

Really hope he's ok.

Hopefully the thumbs up was truly a good sign. Brutal...

mthawk07 05-20-2021 05:21 PM

Lightning have achieved god mode in the 2nd period. My goodness.

SmoothG 05-20-2021 05:41 PM

Didn't see the Tavares hit, hope he's ok. Not a good start for the leafs.

SmoothG 05-20-2021 06:15 PM

Omg I just watched the replay, watching him try to get up was hard to watch. Didn't look good. At least it's tied up.

TypicalBilly14 05-20-2021 06:30 PM

This Isles game is bat-sh*t crazy. How many fans are there? 20,000?

Lcsulla 05-20-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17956471)
Kadri needs the book thrown at him.

Yup, 100% - guys pulls crap like this every time the postseason rolls around. Repeat offender plus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17957147)

Really hope he's ok.

Yeah, scary to watch - hope he is OK too. Felt a little bad for Perry, not a big fan of his but no way he meant to do that. I get why Toronto went after him but there wasn't a damn thing Perry could have done different. Similar thing happened to Duncan Keith in the third to last game, took a hit was going down and the linesman's knee smashed him in the face - nothing wrong, just an unfortunate fluke play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17957188)
This Isles game is bat-sh*t crazy. How many fans are there? 20,000?

That was a pretty crazy game. I won't even try not to be biased I hate the damn islanders! Guessing a lot of Jeff Carter shirts will be bought by Pens fans tonight and tomorrow. Those announcers were brutally pro NYI and that is annoying but then again McGuire always annoys me. :lol

Lcsulla 05-20-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 17957158)
Lightning have achieved god mode in the 2nd period. My goodness.

Guess it only worked in period 2. Hope TB gets them Sat, not a big fan of FLA.

SmoothG 05-20-2021 07:25 PM

Not ideal.

drakan 05-20-2021 07:32 PM

Live look at the NHL playoffs.

https://giphy.com/gifs/regalmovies-oyQ5Qf9Ihu3ctAe4hw

Lcsulla 05-20-2021 07:33 PM

Not having seen much of them this season due to the realignment I am damn impressed with Minnesota so far. KK (the hell if I can spell his name on pain killers!) already has the Calder locked up IMO and he is looking every bit as sharp so far in the postseason.

Antiramie 05-20-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17957221)
Guess it only worked in period 2. Hope TB gets them Sat, not a big fan of FLA.

We played like total shit outside of the 2nd. Never seen a team turtle as hard as we did in the 3rd. Fucking embarrassing.

Hopefully we can shrug this one off, but it's hard to ignore how many facets of our game look much worse than last year.

Lcsulla 05-20-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17957244)
We played like total shit outside of the 2nd. Never seen a team turtle as hard as we did in the 3rd. Fucking embarrassing.

Hopefully we can shrug this one off, but it's hard to ignore how many facets of our game look much worse than last year.

FLA is a good team though, I doubt many people expected a sweep or blowout either way. You had to know they'd push back and Quennville would make some tweaks. TB in six would be my guess.

Love Stanley Cup Playoffs, I can happily watch games from the drop of the puck in the first game of the night until the buzzer sounds on the last game of the night - just wish my Hawks were in there rather than Nashville but watching these great series' is just fun.

Holy damn with Fleury flashing the leather to preserve that 2 goal lead very late in the third. What more can you say about MacKinnon - he's got the look of a Conn Smyth frontrunner. Winnipeg just shut down the Oilers, wonder if they will fall apart after a game 1 loss like last season. Bruins won that last night on an awful blunder, man would I be frustrated if I was a Caps fan, bet that series goes 7. Hate the Isles and the Preds are just plain outmatched. Avs look sharp, I expect they win in 5 or so. Nice win by the Habs but not sure if they can sustain that, guessing the Leafs will bounce back quick.

Just some fun action and close games all over. Loving it and will happily deal with a little less sleep.

TheLastPig 05-21-2021 05:53 AM

Havent popped in here in awhile.

Just awful to see that Tavares injury.

Pens/Isles has been amazing so far, but BOS/WASH has been even better.

donvito72 05-21-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17957218)
That was a pretty crazy game. I won't even try not to be biased I hate the damn islanders! Guessing a lot of Jeff Carter shirts will be bought by Pens fans tonight and tomorrow. Those announcers were brutally pro NYI and that is annoying but then again McGuire always annoys me. :lol

The Carter trade was awesome - he's exactly what they've been looking for for about 4 years now since Bonino left.

Antiramie 05-21-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17957266)
FLA is a good team though, I doubt many people expected a sweep or blowout either way. You had to know they'd push back and Quennville would make some tweaks. TB in six would be my guess.

Oh I wasn't trying to take away from the Panthers. Before the series I thought predicting a winner was a total crapshoot. Getting Kucherov back helps a ton. We can win without Stamkos. But we have a lot of holes and Hedman not being 100% is definitely showing.

Also not the best time for the worst 3rd period showing of the season, but I guess the silver lining is that we're still up 2-1.

TypicalBilly14 05-21-2021 10:32 AM

Go Bruins!!!!!!! :bounce:multi:bounce:thumbsup

Lcsulla 05-21-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donvito72 (Post 17957522)
The Carter trade was awesome - he's exactly what they've been looking for for about 4 years now since Bonino left.

Yeah, that trade was great for the Pens - he is solid everywhere, great addition. That said I am not sure Jarry has it in him for a deep run, his gloveside is atrocious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiramie (Post 17957583)
Oh I wasn't trying to take away from the Panthers. Before the series I thought predicting a winner was a total crapshoot. Getting Kucherov back helps a ton. We can win without Stamkos. But we have a lot of holes and Hedman not being 100% is definitely showing.

Also not the best time for the worst 3rd period showing of the season, but I guess the silver lining is that we're still up 2-1.

I didn't figure you were taking anything away from FLA, I was just saying they are a solid team and have the tools to come back. Regardless, I still have TB in 6, they are just a better team with far superior goaltending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17957590)
Go Bruins!!!!!!! :bounce:multi:bounce:thumbsup

Cheering for the refs in that series, two other teams I cannot stand! :lol

TheLastPig 05-21-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17957760)
Yeah, that trade was great for the Pens - he is solid everywhere, great addition. That said I am not sure Jarry has it in him for a deep run, his gloveside is atrocious.

Murray's glove was worse.

NBC loves to run with that narrative all the time across the league, thats where guys shoot now because most goalies low blockers are so good.

He absolutely has let in some soft ones so far, especially GM1, but it wasnt an overarching issue throughout the season for him.

Im not 100% sure if he has a deep run in him either, but that narrative is just tired imo.

swordo84 05-21-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17956316)
Oilers doing oilers things.

Bounce back tonight. You have the Swordo guarantee!*

*Swordo guarantees are only valid in Iceland and American Samoa.

mthawk07 05-21-2021 05:20 PM

The Caps seriously haven't looked like they've given a shit in the playoffs since Game 5 ended in Vegas three years ago.