Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Brohan_Santana 06-10-2019 03:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!

I think we can all agree at this point that we should just let the Caps stay SC champs - another year with Ovechkin partying with cup would be ideal

fonzz41 06-10-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17467287)
i don't think the regular posters in this thread care about the bruins as much as they care that there's new people posting in here. They think they are the only ones that can talk about hockey because they're regulars in an NHL thread. It's really weird. reminds of how mad soccer hardos get during world cup

I swore to myself that I wouldn't get sucked in to the bickering but here I go :lol

We are admittedly a tight-knit group. Many of us have been chatting for 10+ years. There is an atmosphere that has developed, one where we chirp plenty but generally stay respectful. A certain harmony that's distinct but not TOO harmonious and not always perfect. I'm proud of it.

So with that, I won't speak for everyone here - and it's probably unfair to broadly paint "all Bruins fans" and "all regular posters" - but the impression I have gotten over the years from certain posters who are Bruins fans (and it's not always JUST Bruins fans) is that they come in every year just ready to stir shit up. Like they know we have a rapport and want to see if they can disrupt. For those that come here just ready to talk hockey - and not take themselves or others too seriously - you will find a very accepting crew. I myself was one of those a few years back who showed up as an Avs fan surprised there were other DMB fans that liked hockey, and now consider a few of these guys/gal to be close friends. I mean, Brohan for hell's sake used to be Public Enemy #1 of the NHL Thread but he acclimated to us (and we to him) and now he's just one of the guys. I don't always agree with him but I still like the guy.

Again, I won't speak for everyone here, but if you come to talk hockey (and you in particular, pathetic, have been one of those over the years who I've had good chats with) I'm more than happy to engage.

~Crashintome89~ 06-10-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17467362)
I swore to myself that I wouldn't get sucked in to the bickering but here I go :lol

We are admittedly a tight-knit group. Many of us have been chatting for 10+ years. There is an atmosphere that has developed, one where we chirp plenty but generally stay respectful. A certain harmony that's distinct but not TOO harmonious and not always perfect. I'm proud of it.

So with that, I won't speak for everyone here - and it's probably unfair to broadly paint "all Bruins fans" and "all regular posters" - but the impression I have gotten over the years from certain posters who are Bruins fans (and it's not always JUST Bruins fans) is that they come in every year just ready to stir shit up. Like they know we have a rapport and want to see if they can disrupt. For those that come here just ready to talk hockey - and not take themselves or others too seriously - you will find a very accepting crew. I myself was one of those a few years back who showed up as an Avs fan surprised there were other DMB fans that liked hockey, and now consider a few of these guys/gal to be close friends. I mean, Brohan for hell's sake used to be Public Enemy #1 of the NHL Thread but he acclimated to us (and we to him) and now he's just one of the guys. I don't always agree with him but I still like the guy.

Again, I won't speak for everyone here, but if you come to talk hockey (and you in particular, pathetic, have been one of those over the years who I've had good chats with) I'm more than happy to engage.

Matty, just ignore it. We don't have to explain to a bunch of neanderthals, who come in here, talk a little hockey when their team is good, get pissy when we give them a little sass, and then berate us for not being inclusive.

You're right. This thread has been going for 11 years or so, mostly because us regulars like one another and like to talk hockey. We're not assholes (except Brohan), we respect one another (except Brohan), and it helps us pass the time. I don't have the time nor the inclination to go down the rabbit's hole to any of these guys who are coming in here because their team is doing really well this particular season.

rickyh24 06-10-2019 03:20 PM

We just need to get acclimated to Brohan telling us to suck Tom Brady’s dick in the NHL thread after our first post of the night. Then maybe we will be a non issue to the holy grail of posters in this thread.

rickyh24 06-10-2019 03:21 PM

Neanderthals :lol holy fuck this thread is amazing.

DMBstandUP1984 06-10-2019 03:21 PM

https://youtu.be/M9BNoNFKCBI

drakan 06-10-2019 03:21 PM

What if the blues actually pull this off?

~Crashintome89~ 06-10-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17467371)
We just need to get acclimated to Brohan telling us to suck Tom Brady’s dick in the NHL thread after our first post of the night. Then maybe we will be a non issue to the holy grail of posters in this thread.

What is the whole point of you even posting in this thread in the first place? You come in here every other year during playoffs and just stir pure garbage, then you get mad when we tell you that's not how we do it in here. I have no problem with you or really anyone else coming in here and talking hockey--the more the merrier--but please, just drop the 'holier than thou' attitude. It's god damn annoying.

DMBstandUP1984 06-10-2019 03:25 PM

The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17467375)

Then congratulations. I don’t hate to see it when a team finally get their title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

~Crashintome89~ 06-10-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17467375)

They had plenty of time to do it last night....

rickyh24 06-10-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17467376)
What is the whole point of you even posting in this thread in the first place? You come in here every other year during playoffs and just stir pure garbage, then you get mad when we tell you that's not how we do it in here. I have no problem with you or really anyone else coming in here and talking hockey--the more the merrier--but please, just drop the 'holier than thou' attitude. It's god damn annoying.

Do you even read this thread? Or do you just automatically go into defense mode to protect you’re little internet buddies? You’re bitching because others post in here and are trying to tell others they are acting “holier than thou”.

I don’t give a shit “how you do it in here” and it’s pretty hilarious to see you say we can’t handle “sass” when I made a joke last night about fans throwing shit on the ice and it sent your little buddies into a downward spiral. Just don’t respond to me. I’m not going to miss conversing with you. I wish I could say your constant melts over Bruins fans are getting annoying but they are highly entertaining.

fonzz41 06-10-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17467370)
Matty, just ignore it. We don't have to explain to a bunch of neanderthals, who come in here, talk a little hockey when their team is good, get pissy when we give them a little sass, and then berate us for not being inclusive.

You're right. This thread has been going for 11 years or so, mostly because us regulars like one another and like to talk hockey. We're not assholes (except Brohan), we respect one another (except Brohan), and it helps us pass the time. I don't have the time nor the inclination to go down the rabbit's hole to any of these guys who are coming in here because their team is doing really well this particular season.

You're right, the bickering really isn't worth my time which is why I've stayed out of it. But I did want to make a general statement of what we're about. Back to my regularly scheduled programming of Colton Parayko recaps.

rickyh24 06-10-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17467377)
Then congratulations. I don’t hate to see it when a team finally get their title.

I hate how dirty the team is but St. Louis probably deserves nice things too.

fonzz41 06-10-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17467377)

That's where I'm at. I should hate seeing a division rival of my team winning it all, but would be kind of cool to see a new team name on the Cup. Especially one that's been around for so long.

~Crashintome89~ 06-10-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17467381)
Do you even read this thread? Or do you just automatically go into defense mode to protect you’re little internet buddies? You’re bitching because others post in here and are trying to tell others they are acting “holier than thou”.

I don’t give a shit “how you do it in here” and it’s pretty hilarious to see you say we can’t handle “sass” when I made a joke last night about fans throwing shit on the ice and it sent your little buddies into a downward spiral. Just don’t respond to me. I’m not going to miss conversing with you. I wish I could say your constant melts over Bruins fans are getting annoying but they are highly entertaining.

I love all of this. Brilliant. 10/10.

~Crashintome89~ 06-10-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17467383)
You're right, the bickering really isn't worth my time which is why I've stayed out of it. But I did want to make a general statement of what we're about. Back to my regularly scheduled programming of Colton Parayko recaps.

Do we need to cool you down?

fonzz41 06-10-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17467391)
Do we need to cool you down?

How long is it okay to have an erection before I need to seek medical help?

I swear, if that guy's number was 52 I would be a wet mess every game.

~Crashintome89~ 06-10-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17467392)
How long is it okay to have an erection before I need to seek medical help?

I swear, if that guy's number was 52 I would be a wet mess every game.

I don't think they'll pull it off, but it would really be nice to see Bouwmeester and Pietro win it. Those guys have worked their tails off for years to get here.

rickyh24 06-10-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17467390)
I love all of this. Brilliant. 10/10.

Would that be as successful as the flyers season or just a tad short?

fonzz41 06-10-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17467395)
I don't think they'll pull it off, but it would really be nice to see Bouwmeester and Pietro win it. Those guys have worked their tails off for years to get here.

Didn't Bouwmeester hold the record for a while of active player who had gone the longest without playing a playoff game? Something crazy like that. Good player who was always on crappy teams. Would love to see him get one.

~Crashintome89~ 06-10-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17467399)
Didn't Bouwmeester hold the record for a while of active player who had gone the longest without playing a playoff game? Something crazy like that. Good player who was always on crappy teams. Would love to see him get one.

Oh yeah, he was stuck on Florida for a number of seasons in the early 2000s.

drakan 06-10-2019 05:15 PM

This thread really needs the NHL draft.

ToySoldier#34 06-10-2019 05:23 PM

I'd just like to point out some of the NHL fans in here who think they aren't holier than thou and are inclusive to Neanderthals who can't take sass have never been in the Red Sox or Patriots threads

ToySoldier#34 06-10-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17467444)
This thread really needs the NHL draft.

Seems like everything after game 7 is really exciting for the pure hockey crowd, good 4th line drafting for need type stuff coming up!

fonzz41 06-10-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17467452)
I'd just like to point out some of the NHL fans in here who think they aren't holier than thou and are inclusive to Neanderthals who can't take sass have never been in the Red Sox or Patriots threads

I don’t remember the last time I was outside the NHL Thread - period - on this site [emoji23]

dmbetc 06-10-2019 06:22 PM

Just wanna say I love everyone, Neanderthals and my little internet buddies!

DMBstandUP1984 06-10-2019 06:30 PM

I don’t even like Tom Brady

I do like sass though

~Crashintome89~ 06-10-2019 06:32 PM

Make neanderthal a tag, you cowards.

drakan 06-10-2019 07:04 PM

Most people have up to 3% neanderthal DNA. True story.

fonzz41 06-10-2019 08:13 PM

Renaming my beer league team to the Sassy Neanderthals.