Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

fonzz41 05-03-2019 04:40 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17437595)
2-2! Yessssss

What a complete game by the Avs. If there’s an answer for Nathan MacKinnon, it’s not Brent Burns. Man I can’t believe that guy is a Norris nominee.

MOWJO8185 05-03-2019 05:41 AM

Going to Blues-Stars tonight, so excited! My boss gave me killer tickets.

dpduke5173 05-03-2019 06:29 AM

Going to Canes Isles Game 4 tonight. Hoping we sweep to get some rest for the boys! Not too excited about potentially playing Boston or Columbus next.

pathetic 05-03-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17437392)
Holy shit the nhl is dumb. Anyone hear the explanation of that? “Once the pass is made after it hits the net the war room in Toronto can not intervene” lmao.

So you’re telling me you can review an offsides that might have happened a minute before a goal but can’t do anything about a puck that should have been dead 3 seconds before a goal? Fucking absurd.

the lack of outrage in here is pathetic. A bunch of fairweather NHL fans i guess.

cost Tuukka a shutout

barbogast 05-03-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17437696)
the lack of outrage in here is pathetic. A bunch of fairweather NHL fans i guess.

cost Tuukka a shutout

You know what, I’m gonna go ahead and agree. This was one of the most ridiculous examples of NHL obnoxiousness I’ve ever seen. How on earth can that happen. Tuukka’s right...what if that had been in OT? Sorry, not reviewable? Our bad? What??

Lack of outrage is indeed pathetic. This was glaringly terrible.

pathetic 05-03-2019 07:29 AM

I'm guessing that rule changes in the offseason. Should really just change it now though. no reason to not get that call right

mr.MikeD 05-03-2019 07:36 AM

Watching the Avs is pretty fun. But a bit worried about having that powerhouse in the West for years to come.

coldengrey12 05-03-2019 08:06 AM

Avs? A powerhouse in the West? I'm open for a return to those days. :)

coldengrey12 05-03-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17437619)
What a complete game by the Avs. If there’s an answer for Nathan MacKinnon, it’s not Brent Burns. Man I can’t believe that guy is a Norris nominee.

I'd say a lot of teams don't have an answer to Mac. You can just see him take command of the game when his shift is on.

fonzz41 05-03-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 17437814)
I'd say a lot of teams don't have an answer to Mac. You can just see him take command of the game when his shift is on.

It really is amazing. Other teams know what's going to happen: He gets the puck at about the slot of his own zone and he's going to do his Mac thing, turn it up to 11, go straight up the gut through the neutral zone, gain the offensive blue line, push the D back, and then dish it to either winger before continuing to push back the D as he heads for the net. Every time. But even knowing that, they don't have an answer for it.

The Sharks still have a good shot at taking this series, I can fully admit that, but if they do it won't be because MacKinnon shat the bed.

jcc522 05-03-2019 10:32 AM

The Sharks/Avs game was fun to watch last night. Hoping my Canes can take care of business tonight and get some much needed rest days

jcc522 05-03-2019 04:34 PM

Canes sketchy so far

jcc522 05-03-2019 05:58 PM

Looking better

bradshaw06 05-03-2019 06:01 PM

Holy canes

jcc522 05-03-2019 06:28 PM

Yassssssss

unccrombie 05-03-2019 06:34 PM

Canes are winning the cup, right?

mr.MikeD 05-03-2019 06:49 PM

Haha #bunchofjerks trending, as it should be.

mthawk07 05-03-2019 06:51 PM

Carolina has gone 8-1 since dropping the first two games to the Caps. Wow.

dmbetc 05-03-2019 07:15 PM

Willliams bringing some of the Kings ‘12 magic!!

I’m so happy for him.

barbogast 05-04-2019 04:44 AM

In case you needed another reason to root for the Avs, their in arena music guy hit the Sharks with “Baby Shark” at the end of the game the other night :lol :lol I feel like there’s enough dads in here that will understand how amazing that is :lol :lol

mr.MikeD 05-04-2019 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17438626)
In case you needed another reason to root for the Avs, their in arena music guy hit the Sharks with “Baby Shark” at the end of the game the other night :lol :lol I feel like there’s enough dads in here that will understand how amazing that is :lol :lol

Thanks now it’s stuck in my head again.

Roose13 05-04-2019 05:15 AM

Baby Burns doo doo doodoodoo

jcc522 05-04-2019 07:39 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxBfNDXj...d=loy9vamleh4g

God almighty

Lcsulla 05-04-2019 12:36 PM

How high do you guys think Cole Caufield gets picked in the draft? I know he is a small guy, his defense needs some work and he will likely play another season in college but for a team in rebuild mode he could be an enticing choice because he is just pure goal scorer absolutely shattering all NTDP single season and career goals (72 goals in 64 games this year), easing buy guys like Matthews, Kessel and Kane. Yes, I know some people will say he benefited from playing on a line with Hughes but if he was not that good he would not be on that line to start off with - Alex DeBrincat is a good comparison a small guy who was a pure goal scorer - knock was his size and that he benefited from playing with McDavid and Strome but it has not stopped him from being an elite goal scorer in the NHL recording 128 points (69 goals, 59 assists) in 164 games. Not sure how high he will go but I think a lot of teams might regret taking a chance on him 2-3 years down the road. Would any of you guys not want this kid in your pipeline?

http://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/stor...scorer-drafted (yes, I know this espn+ crap sucks just like the old insider nonsense)

Also, it is funny how these crazy playoffs and the hype for the draft have all but silenced any criticisms of the NHL award nominees - did the writers finally get it right or do we just have so much else to chat about that griping about snubs seems like the last thing to do!

drakan 05-04-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17438778)
How high do you guys think Cole Caufield gets picked in the draft? I know he is a small guy, his defense needs some work and he will likely play another season in college but for a team in rebuild mode he could be an enticing choice because he is just pure goal scorer absolutely shattering all NTDP single season and career goals (72 goals in 64 games this year), easing buy guys like Matthews, Kessel and Kane. Yes, I know some people will say he benefited from playing on a line with Hughes but if he was not that good he would not be on that line to start off with - Alex DeBrincat is a good comparison a small guy who was a pure goal scorer - knock was his size and that he benefited from playing with McDavid and Strome but it has not stopped him from being an elite goal scorer in the NHL recording 128 points (69 goals, 59 assists) in 164 games. Not sure how high he will go but I think a lot of teams might regret taking a chance on him 2-3 years down the road. Would any of you guys not want this kid in your pipeline?

http://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/stor...scorer-drafted (yes, I know this espn+ crap sucks just like the old insider nonsense)

Also, it is funny how these crazy playoffs and the hype for the draft have all but silenced any criticisms of the NHL award nominees - did the writers finally get it right or do we just have so much else to chat about that griping about snubs seems like the last thing to do!

Never heard of him. Breaking that scoring record is impressive though. Is that the team that plays college DI teams? Probably won't go as high as he should because of his size.

dmb9howell 05-04-2019 07:08 PM

Phhheeewww

drakan 05-04-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb9howell (Post 17439015)
Phhheeewww

Playoff hockey is ridiculous.

Lcsulla 05-04-2019 07:51 PM

Damn the bruins!

Lcsulla 05-04-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakan (Post 17438800)
Never heard of him. Breaking that scoring record is impressive though. Is that the team that plays college DI teams? Probably won't go as high as he should because of his size.

He is a damn solid prospect but I agree his size will work against him. Yes, the scoring records are amazing. As for his size, does it matter all that much? Patrick Kane and Alex DeBrincat are small guys too but they by far exceeded expectations! As I mentioned I think teams will likely regret not taking him in a few years when he is potting a bunch of goals - for a little guy! :lol

K270 05-04-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17438626)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17438632)
Thanks now it’s stuck in my head again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17438634)
Baby Burns doo doo doodoodoo

Will never ever root for the Avs. Why? Because I'm a Sharks fan!