Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

JRS1386 06-23-2017 10:37 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16822739)
No problem here. Gave us a chance to get Matthews. Throw him with Nylander and Marner and it's one of the more exciting teams in hockey. Totally fine with the direction of the franchise... Philly however? Just burn it to the ground and start over already.

I mean the city. Because it's terrible.

(Full Disclosure: I've never been to Philly. I hear it's lovely though).

#contributing.

At least Philly is in a real country. Unlike that make believe land of Canada

aeroshady 06-23-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16822734)

It is so weird because I really felt that the Rangers lost in the Finals because they couldn't match the Kings size. Oh well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16822739)
No problem here. Gave us a chance to get Matthews. Throw him with Nylander and Marner and it's one of the more exciting teams in hockey. Totally fine with the direction of the franchise... Philly however? Just burn it to the ground and start over already.

I mean the city. Because it's terrible.

(Full Disclosure: I've never been to Philly. I hear it's lovely though).

#contributing.

:lol This thread is going to be very interesting next season if Troy hangs around all year!

Alazais 06-23-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16822749)
At least Philly is in a real country. Unlike that make believe land of Canada

Hey. All the best hockey players come from there! Show some love.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16822750)

:lol This thread is going to be very interesting next season if Troy hangs around all year!

I've always lurked. I just don't post a ton. I'll make more of an effort though.

I haven't really contributed to many threads since I stopped posting in the Dating is Miserable thread years ago.

Edit: #contributing

TheLastPig 06-23-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16822750)
It is so weird because I really felt that the Rangers lost in the Finals because they couldn't match the Kings size. Oh well.

Its an interesting debate for sure. But I think the upper echelon of the league is moving away from being a heavy checking teams. Speed and skill is so much more important now.

I think we'll see less and less teams bully their way to a cup.

Thats not to say its not still an important aspect, Rutherford has been open about the penguins adding someone who can be physical, but also play with some skill this offseason. Id like to see Evander Kane in black and gold but im not sure his personality is a good fit for the Pens locker room.

barbogast 06-23-2017 10:58 AM

CO makin' moves! Look out!

JRS1386 06-23-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16822753)

I've always lurked. I just don't post a ton. I'll make more of an effort though.

I haven't really contributed to many threads since I stopped posting in the Dating is Miserable thread years ago.

And most of them leave your country to play on US teams

Roose13 06-23-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16822753)

Because you finally stopped banging half of the country and settled down ;)

Roose13 06-23-2017 11:28 AM

Yotes gave up the seventh overall pick AND a player for Stepan and Raanta? That's just dumb.

TheLastPig 06-23-2017 11:49 AM

Dan Rosen‏ @drosennhI 16 minutes ago
More
Penguins and Blackhawks in talks about a Kruger/Hagelin deal. More pieces/players would be involved.

I feel like if that happens Bonino wont be back

~Crashintome89~ 06-23-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16822832)
More
Penguins and Blackhawks in talks about a Kruger/Hagelin deal. More pieces/players would be involved.

I bet Kruger gets flipped by Pens.

TheLastPig 06-23-2017 11:56 AM

Nevermind... that was a fake account. One of those always gets me.

lockman21 06-23-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16822832)
More

lol that's a fake account

Come on you're better than that.

JRS1386 06-23-2017 12:05 PM

I did not know Saad was younger than Panera bread

lockman21 06-23-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16822845)

There we go :)

TheLastPig 06-23-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16822856)
lol that's a fake account

Come on you're better than that.

:lol I know

really gets me when someone respected RT them

JRS1386 06-23-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16822845)

You know what a blue check mark is?

TheLastPig 06-23-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16822861)

yeah obviously.

Wasnt thinking about checking validity once I saw it get RTed. Hockey is the only sport that is riddled with fake twitter accounts for trades. I have no idea why its a trend, but its annoying.

~Crashintome89~ 06-23-2017 12:52 PM

dreger is reporting the knights are trying to get into the top 3, along with the Rangers.

TheLastPig 06-23-2017 12:55 PM

Vegas traded a third round pick? Why?

lockman21 06-23-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16822911)
dreger is reporting the knights are trying to get into the top 3, along with the Rangers.

Dreger says a lot of things.

TMoore4075 06-23-2017 01:18 PM

alright NHL teams, nothing now until the draft so I can see it happen.

Roose13 06-23-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16822861)

Oh oh oh, I have one of those!

/humblebrag

TheLastPig 06-23-2017 02:30 PM

8 years for oshie... I'll be surprised if he lasts more than 4/5 in Washington

bradshaw06 06-23-2017 02:55 PM

Yikes that oshie deal.

salrx95 06-23-2017 02:59 PM

Oshie deal is cra cra. Yes, spoken by an Islanders fan. :D

So many different scenarios for a Hamonic trade seem out there. Think one still gets done.

Lcsulla 06-23-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16822709)
And Chicago's done lost its mind today. Blackhawk Drunk indeed.

Whatever they are drinking they ought to be saving a few hundred thousand bottles to mail to frustrated fans.

Lcsulla 06-23-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16822623)
Are they flipping Saad? Its a weird deal.

While the Hjarlmasson deal makes absolutely no sense to me objectively speaking the Panarin/Motte for Saad/Forsberg trade does make a little sense to me. Panarin and Saad have the same cap hit but Saad is signed for two years longer, additionally Panarin was not all that great defensively so getting Saad back lessens the impact of losing Hossa a bit because he is a better 2 way guy then Panarin. Also helps out a struggling first line which will likely be Saad/Toews/Panik - the second line gets hurt a bit but hopefully Hartmann or Schmaltz can step up and help out - I know neither is going to replicate breadman's production but minimizing the hurt of losing him helps. No clue on the third and fourth lines at this point with the Kruger rumors. Additionally, we did need a backup for Crawford so the trade does make sense - despite my being frustrated at losing Panarin.

I am far more shocked and annoyed at their trade of Hammer, he is still one of the best defensemen in the league who is 'only' making 4 mil a year. He is impossible to replace and after losing TVR the Hawks D is already strained - then they decide to dump Hammer in return for a third or 4 line FWD and an untested defender. UGH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16822635)
@frank_seravalli
Belief is Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane let it be known to #Hawks how much they missed Saad. They loved him.

No way either of them would have thrown a team-mate under the bus. I know they loved playing with Saad but I highly doubt they were consulted on the trade to bring him back.

Roose13 06-23-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16822980)
No way either of them would have thrown a team-mate under the bus. I know they loved playing with Saad but I highly doubt they were consulted on the trade to bring him back.

I don't think anyone said they did...

Roose13 06-23-2017 04:22 PM

Very happy with Nolan Patrick. Gonna be a fun rivalry between Philly and Jersey again if these two kids are good.

TheLastPig 06-23-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16822980)
While the Hjarlmasson deal makes absolutely no sense to me objectively speaking the Panarin/Motte for Saad/Forsberg trade does make a little sense to me. Panarin and Saad have the same cap hit but Saad is signed for two years longer, additionally Panarin was not all that great defensively so getting Saad back lessens the impact of losing Hossa a bit because he is a better 2 way guy then Panarin. Also helps out a struggling first line which will likely be Saad/Toews/Panik - the second line gets hurt a bit but hopefully Hartmann or Schmaltz can step up and help out - I know neither is going to replicate breadman's production but minimizing the hurt of losing him helps. No clue on the third and fourth lines at this point with the Kruger rumors. Additionally, we did need a backup for Crawford so the trade does make sense - despite my being frustrated at losing Panarin.

I am far more shocked and annoyed at their trade of Hammer, he is still one of the best defensemen in the league who is 'only' making 4 mil a year. He is impossible to replace and after losing TVR the Hawks D is already strained - then they decide to dump Hammer in return for a third or 4 line FWD and an untested defender. UGH.

I doubt they were consulted on the trade either but I fully believe they expressed a want to have Saad back