Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

fonzz41 06-22-2017 07:15 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Lady and Gentlemen, welcome to the 2016-17 Ants NHL Thread Awards Show.

Please join me in thanking our dear Barbogast, who reached out to me a couple months ago, offering his services. He ended up doing the bulk of the work, and I'm very grateful for his generosity. Doing these silly awards every year is one of my favorite things, but it's always refreshing to get a new perspective, especially one as creative as his. Thanks Barbs!!!

And now, on to the awards!

*Vezina - hailtopitt. The anchor of his team’s fanbase, hailtopitt is always there when his team needs him.

*Adams - ~Crashintome89~. In a group filled with Flyers fans, Crash’s leadership and guidance does not go unnoticed.

*Calder - TheLastPig. This was our first full year with TLP, and it was a productive one and certainly deserving of the Calder.

*Selke - lockman21. Lockman’s keen ability to produce high level posts that both go on the attack while successfully defend his point wraps up this year’s Selke.

*Byng - swordo84. Such a delightful poster, and finally got to see his team have some success this year.

*Richard - TMoore4075. No matter what, Tim will always have the highest shooting percentage out of any of us. The guy leads the post count by almost 2,000!

*Norris - unccrombie. This guy defends the Rangers better than Brian Leetch ever did.

*Conn Smythe - bradshaw06. We didn’t see bradshaw too much throughout the year, but he came on strong for the playoffs and has been a big part of his team’s run.

*Hart - dmbetc. Our captain, the heart and soul of our thread, Sarah is the MVP.

*Lappy Award for best chirps (is this your 4th consecutive??) - JRS1386

*Henrik Lundqvist award for being overly dramatic but always dedicated – aeroshady

*Damien Cox award for most interesting hockey columns - Roose13

*Jaromir Jagr award for being old, but still cool - salrx95

*Doug Glatt award for best enforcer – Lcsulla

*Ted Leonsis award for most banners - Brohan_Santana

*Mario Lemeuix award for excellence combined with poise – Dramageek

*Phil Kessel award for general awesomeness – jrkarger

*Jordan Eberle award for going missing for long stretches, but always returning with a bang – MrMikeD

lockman21 06-22-2017 07:19 AM

Wait...did Matty award himself the Keith Yandle award?!?!

UCFish 06-22-2017 07:19 AM

#NotmyMVP

rickyh24 06-22-2017 07:20 AM

:lol :lol

lockman21 06-22-2017 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16821084)
glad it's been established that chicago is a REAL team, but vegas is not real

Fake news!

jrkarger 06-22-2017 07:23 AM

Thanks, fonzz and Barbs!

Hot dogs all around!!!!!! - On me!

:lol

aeroshady 06-22-2017 07:29 AM

Barbs and Matty surly get something as well right?

Also, thanks for the "*Henrik Lundqvist award for being overly dramatic but always dedicated – aeroshady."

I would like to work hard next year for one of the top awards. I felt I raised my posting to another level this year, but I still came up short of where I was hoping to be.

Edit: shit....I am Lundqvist.

fonzz41 06-22-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16821166)
Wait...did Matty award himself the Keith Yandle award?!?!

The Yandle has been awarded, but it wasn't to me. Or Barbs.

TheLastPig 06-22-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16821040)
Teaser: The handing out of awards - at least for our Thread - is not over yet.

#tomorrow

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16821161)

Please join me in thanking our dear Barbogast, who reached out to me a couple months ago, offering his services. He ended up doing the bulk of the work, and I'm very grateful for his generosity. Doing these silly awards every year is one of my favorite things, but it's always refreshing to get a new perspective, especially one as creative as his. Thanks Barbs!!!

*Vezina - hailtopitt. The anchor of his team’s fanbase, hailtopitt is always there when his team needs him.

*Adams - ~Crashintome89~. In a group filled with Flyers fans, Crash’s leadership and guidance does not go unnoticed.

*Calder - TheLastPig. This was our first full year with TLP, and it was a productive one and certainly deserving of the Calder.

*Selke - lockman21. Lockman’s keen ability to produce high level posts that both go on the attack while successfully defend his point wraps up this year’s Selke.

*Byng - swordo84. Such a delightful poster, and finally got to see his team have some success this year.

*Richard - TMoore4075. No matter what, Tim will always have the highest shooting percentage out of any of us. The guy leads the post count by almost 2,000!

*Norris - unccrombie. This guy defends the Rangers better than Brian Leetch ever did.

*Conn Smythe - bradshaw06. We didn’t see bradshaw too much throughout the year, but he came on strong for the playoffs and has been a big part of his team’s run.

*Hart - dmbetc. Our captain, the heart and soul of our thread, Sarah is the MVP.

*Henrik Lundqvist award for being overly dramatic but always dedicated – aeroshady

*Jordan Eberle award for going missing for long stretches, but always returning with a bang – MrMikeD

Well done guys.

:thumbsup

Hopefully I dont have a sophomore slump.

You can just call me Matt Murray, 2 cups in what was technically my rookie season.

The Ted Leonsis award made me :lol

lockman21 06-22-2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16821180)
The Yandle has been awarded, but it wasn't to me. Or Barbs.

:lol Did we give it to our one and only Jackets fan in here?

fonzz41 06-22-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16821190)
:lol Did we give it to our one and only Jackets fan in here?

Try again...

barbogast 06-22-2017 07:40 AM

As much as I love and miss Becca, he did not win the Yandle

TMoore4075 06-22-2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16821139)
Tim Benz! :lol :lol

As the Golden Knights are on the real NHL schedule against other real NHL teams, I guess that makes them an actual real team in reality.

Seriously, though, you can debate the merits of having another expansion team, but it won't do the league any good to have a team that utterly fails to be competitive for a decade. See Coyotes, Phoenix/Arizona, and Thrashers, Atlanta. The expansion draft affected every team, and the more stocked teams like Chicago and Washington could only protect so many.

I always think of CBJ because thought they could be a great market bc of location but they sucked for 10 years so of course it was tough to keep afloat.

salrx95 06-22-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16821138)

Really interested to see if Duchene is a member of your team by Saturday

I'll be honest guys, I'm just trying to get us to a new page here so I can post the awards up top.

Sure is a lot of chatter that we might even land 2 top 6 like, say duchene and eberle.

Snow making a push , I think, with all our young talent and assets to get a more competitive team now to then resign JT and be a solid playoff team from the get go.just my honest opinion.

aeroshady 06-22-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16821201)
Sure is a lot of chatter that we might even land 2 top 6 like, say duchene and eberle.

Snow making a push , I think, with all our young talent and assets to get a more competitive team now to then resign JT and be a solid playoff team from the get go.just my honest opinion.

Sal, what are your thoughts on winning an award named after a former NY Rangers captain?! ;)

salrx95 06-22-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16821204)
Sal, what are your thoughts on winning an award named after a former NY Rangers captain?! ;)

Meh. Remember, I'm old so he will always a Penguin 🐧 to me.

I win some old award every year , it seems . It's getting old;) j/k

Roose13 06-22-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

Does having to Google Damien Cox disqualify me? :lol:lol

TMoore4075 06-22-2017 08:42 AM

"Trevor van Riemsdyk is heading from Vegas to Carolina." Can't wait to see all the stuff coming.

coldengrey12 06-22-2017 08:50 AM

Fonzz should get an award, too.

How about the Cal Ripken Jr. Award — for passionately sticking with your team throughout your career, even when you aren't even sure if they're playing the right sport. :lol

bradshaw06 06-22-2017 08:53 AM

The smythe?!? That is awesome. I feel honored, thank you Matt.

barbogast 06-22-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16821179)
Also, thanks for the "*Henrik Lundqvist award for being overly dramatic but always dedicated – aeroshady."

I would like to work hard next year for one of the top awards. I felt I raised my posting to another level this year, but I still came up short of where I was hoping to be.

Edit: shit....I am Lundqvist.

Your award came from the heart and you earned every bit of it. You just won the King's award after all! Good on ya

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16821181)
The Ted Leonsis award made me :lol

I was sad I couldn't give that one to myself. It's obviously my favorite.

But our man brohan deserved it. Is he #free yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16821239)
Does having to Google Damien Cox disqualify me? :lol:lol

Yes. Award revoked.

Kidding, of course

mr.MikeD 06-22-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

hahah. so true about both Eberle and me! I'm truly honoUred.

swordo84 06-22-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16821366)
hahah. so true about both Eberle and me! I'm truly honoUred.

Eberle's just been traded to the Isles, apparently. lol

Sad to see him go for sure. Had a down year, but I'd still like to see him sporting the orange and blue. Cest la vie I guess. The return should be decent.

Edit: The return is Ryan Strome

....and the Byng for me? Hittin' the big times. I'd like to thank no one, and everyone all at the same time.

salrx95 06-22-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16821386)
Eberle's just been traded to the Isles, apparently. lol

Sad to see him go for sure. Had a down year, but I'd still like to see him sporting the orange and blue. Cest la vie I guess. The return should be decent.

....and the Byng for me? Hittin' the big times. I'd like to thank no one, and everyone all at the same time.

Was just coming in to say Dreger just tweeted eberle done or about to be.

swordo84 06-22-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16821393)
Was just coming in to say Dreger just tweeted eberle done or about to be.

Him and JT should be able to work some magic out there.

JRS1386 06-22-2017 09:35 AM

As always I am honored to receive the only award that matters

~Crashintome89~ 06-22-2017 09:50 AM

Matty gets the GM award. He's constantly constructing a good thread every season.

Barbs is my dark horse Art Ross.

Roose13 06-22-2017 10:08 AM

Presidents should go to the best fan of the team that either wins the Presidents or the highest point-getting team that's represented in the thread. I nominate Barbs.

Alazais 06-22-2017 10:12 AM

One day I'll win an award. I'll write a speech and you will all shed tears. It will be fantastic.

hailtopitt 06-22-2017 10:17 AM

Can't wait to add the Vezina to my already stellar trophy collection. Thanks guys!

Love the Jagr award btw [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk