Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Brohan_Santana 05-03-2017 07:26 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16781599)
The problem is you think every game is not called fairly for your team. The roughing? A hockey play.

I never said that? I thought the last game was called poorly for both sides

Enjoy the gift wrapped game. You're going to need it

Dramageek 05-03-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16781592)
Do you really think that game was called fairly? Can you tell me your thoughts on that 'roughing' call?

Refs have been inconsistent for every team the entire playoffs. It's like that every year. That roughing call was iffy. But Ovi slashed Sid in the shoulder before the collision with Niskanen. Textbook slashing. Not called. It happens on both sides. I'll fully admit the Pens get away with shit. So do the Caps.

The Caps can't control the refs. They can only control their play. And they're playing well. The Pens weren't gifted anything. They're down two of their best players. But Fleury is in Cup-winning Fleury mode. Again, they got three pucks by a Vezina caliber goaltender. They earned it tonight.

Brohan_Santana 05-03-2017 07:27 PM

The Penns literally were gifted that game by the refs and the Caps misfortune. Caps skated, outplayed and out chanced the Penns the entire game. Not much more the Caps can do than that. Need the lucky bounces and need the refs to call a partial game

TheLastPig 05-03-2017 07:29 PM

Amazing game by MAF again.

Pens were just outstanding blocking shots too. Caps carried play but just didn't get many good scoring chances, when they did Fleury came up big.

This will all be overshadowed by that call at the end, but let's not forget there was a missed high stick that cut Geuntzel just a couple mins before which would have been a 4 minute major.

RiotAct 05-03-2017 07:30 PM

Washington should just be banished from the league at this point.

Brohan_Santana 05-03-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16781604)
Refs have been inconsistent for every team the entire playoffs. It's like that every year. That roughing call was iffy. But Ovi slashed Sid in the shoulder before the collision with Niskanen. Textbook slashing. Not called. It happens on both sides. I'll fully admit the Pens get away with shit. So do the Caps.

The Caps can't control the refs. They can only control their play. And they're playing well. The Pens weren't gifted anything. They're down two of their best players. But Fleury is in Cup-winning Fleury mode. Again, they got three pucks by a Vezina caliber goaltender. They earned it tonight.

So would you prefer a 2 min minor over a 5 min major?

Only got 2 bud, the other was a lucky bounce

TheLastPig 05-03-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16781606)
The Penns literally were gifted that game by the refs and the Caps misfortune. Caps skated, outplayed and out chanced the Penns the entire game. Not much more the Caps can do than that. Need the lucky bounces and need the refs to call a partial game

Refs have been equally bad on both sides all series. Blaming it on them is being a sore loser.

Brohan_Santana 05-03-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16781611)
Refs have been equally bad on both sides all series. Blaming it on them is being a sore loser.

Caps were running the Penns off their own ice. That roughing call was :lol

Again, can't say much more than the Caps are just cursed. D.C sports are cursed. Can out play the team the entire series and just get out lucked. That's hockey, that's DC sports

mr.MikeD 05-03-2017 07:40 PM

Watching the oilers game in camp in the middle of nowhere (Northwest Territories) on a shitty tv after working a 14 hour day. This will test my ability to stay up. Hopefully no long overtime.

Dramageek 05-03-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16781610)
So would you prefer a 2 min minor over a 5 min major?

Only got 2 bud, the other was a lucky bounce

Is it in the rules they can only call one? I've seen 2 minute 5 on 3's.

Maybe, but Guentzel still threw the puck in the general vicinity of the net. Sometimes you get (extremely) lucky.

TheLastPig 05-03-2017 07:41 PM

Also Ovie was invisible tonight

bradshaw06 05-03-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16781622)
Is it in the rules they can only call one? I've seen 2 minute 5 on 3's.

Maybe, but Guentzel still threw the puck in the general vicinity of the net. Sometimes you get (extremely) lucky.

Lol they all count the same.

Dramageek 05-03-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16781619)
Watching the oilers game in camp in the middle of nowhere (Northwest Territories) on a shitty tv after working a 14 hour day. This will test my ability to stay up. Hopefully no long overtime.

Yikes. That PPG should get the blood flowing.

mr.MikeD 05-03-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16781628)
Yikes. That PPG should get the blood flowing.

Couple good kills, couple of goals, can't complain !

JRS1386 05-03-2017 08:05 PM

Caps fan melting hard

unccrombie 05-03-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16781648)
Caps fan melting hard

summer months typical for DC melts.

bradshaw06 05-03-2017 08:43 PM

The Oshie play reminds me of this from last year, same two players too: https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyP...&v=9hsFpEc_1Qs

Just more outrage.

unccrombie 05-03-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16781674)
The Oshie play reminds me of this from last year, same two players too: https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyP...&v=9hsFpEc_1Qs

Just more outrage.

did the good guys win that series?

bradshaw06 05-03-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16781680)
did the good guys win that series?

They sure did

unccrombie 05-03-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16781684)
They sure did

:lol :thumbsup

bradshaw06 05-03-2017 09:29 PM

The old saying is proving true again tonight. 2 goal leads are the worst leads in hockey.

hailtopitt 05-03-2017 10:14 PM

Ahhh, wouldn't be May without a Brohan melt

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hailtopitt 05-03-2017 10:28 PM

Pens have the heart of a true champion. Undeniably.

You guys remember when brohan said MAF was a washed up backup?

That was a good day.

~Crashintome89~ 05-04-2017 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16781592)
Do you really think that game was called fairly? Can you tell me your thoughts on that 'roughing' call?

Yeah, that's not roughing.

It's called interference.

Roose13 05-04-2017 04:28 AM

I'd like to call a penalty on Brohan. Two minutes for dripping.

swordo84 05-04-2017 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16781606)

This is fucking loser talk. Don't blame the refs - the Capitlols shouldn't have put themselves in a position to be affect by said calls. End of story.

swordo84 05-04-2017 04:44 AM

Shitty that the Oilers lost. 3-1 would have been sooooo much better than 2-2 #captainobvious The whole of the playoffs is so wide open right now. Very hard to pick a cup favourite.

On a side note, I'm happy to see Justin Schultz performing well in Pitt. I was really excited when he originally signed with the Oilers. It's just too bad he got stuck on such a shit team, because it's quite evident he's a gamer.

TMoore4075 05-04-2017 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16781739)
This is fucking loser talk. Don't blame the refs - the Capitlols shouldn't have put themselves in a position to be affect by said calls. End of story.

Yeah. Caps played well enough to win (I thought they outplayed the Pens for the most part especially in the 3rd) and couldn't score. A few calls didn't change that. The Caps just couldn't finish.

Dramageek 05-04-2017 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16781741)
Shitty that the Oilers lost. 3-1 would have been sooooo much better than 2-2 #captainobvious The whole of the playoffs is so wide open right now. Very hard to pick a cup favourite.

On a side note, I'm happy to see Justin Schultz performing well in Pitt. I was really excited when he originally signed with the Oilers. It's just too bad he got stuck on such a shit team, because it's quite evident he's a gamer.

The Pens are happy to have him. He's really found his game here and has had a stellar season. I'm glad the Oilers finally have their shit together. They're fun to watch. I'm pulling for them out west.

bradshaw06 05-04-2017 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16781709)
Pens have the heart of a true champion. Undeniably.

You guys remember when brohan said MAF was a washed up backup?

That was a good day.

Dude has been the pens mvp without doubt. Saving the pens bacon, to use the parlance of our times