Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

jrkarger 06-02-2016 07:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Anyone in here familiar with Frozen? I am (through my daughter). I noticed last night during the post game that Hornqvist looks and sounds like Wandering Oaken.

Hornqvist:

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/ph...24x576/cut.jpg

Wandering Oaken:

http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uplo...e5eefacd9.jpg?

hailtopitt 06-02-2016 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16447728)
:lol I just mentioned a dozen things to prompt conversation that the Penns are doing that's awesome and you still went with the missed calls. :lol I guess you feel pretty strongly about it. I still love you. Eternally.

i only have 1 thing to say about how the Pens are playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI6OtfdXe3I

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16447729)
Missed High sticks on both sides which cancel eachother out. Dont remember anything else that was missed besides the too many men calls, interference call in the 3rd period against Rust I believe, oh and the whole Thornton ripping Crosby's helmet off and crosschecking him.

Sharks are frustrated beyond belief right now. Those comments from Couture :lol :lol Butthurt much?

yea...although saturday will be the first SCF game in San Jose's history so the crowd will be amped. i heard the price range for tickets was between $1500-$7500 for game 3

if the Sharks take game 3 it's a series again and buttholes will clench all around the greater pittsburgh area

hailtopitt 06-02-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16447731)
I saw a clip where thornton smacked sid in the head once or twice. Sid of years ago would have retailiated. Last night he skated away with a smile on his face. Didnt say a thing to refs or anything.

:thumbsup leading by example...maybe if he gets hit in the head enough times the refs will finally make a call :lol

fonzz41 06-02-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16447731)
I saw a clip where thornton smacked sid in the head once or twice. Sid of years ago would have retailiated. Last night he skated away with a smile on his face. Didnt say a thing to refs or anything.

Love this. The only knock I've ever had against Sidney Crosby is his reactions when he feels a call doesn't go his way. His all-in style of play has always been nothing short of inspiring. When I'm trying to show my kids how a model hockey player plays, he's the one I want them watching.

Unless it was between whistles. ;)

fonzz41 06-02-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16447737)
i only have 1 thing to say about how the Pens are playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI6OtfdXe3I

yea...although saturday will be the first SCF game in San Jose's history so the crowd will be amped. i heard the price range for tickets was between $1500-$7500 for game 3

if the Sharks take game 3 it's a series again and buttholes will clench all around the greater pittsburgh area

:lol :lol :thumbsup

Yeah. The Sharks have a great fanbase to begin with and their arena is always rocking. Saturday night should definitely be crazy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16447741)
:thumbsup leading by example...maybe if he gets hit in the head enough times the refs will finally make a call :lol

To be fair to Sid, I bet he gets whacked 2x more than the average player.

But again, to be fair, I think guys do it partly because they know they'll get a negative response out of him and get under his skin. Cool to see him getting past that.

Also, I couldn't believe it when Doc mentioned that Crosby is in his 11th season. Wow. I'm getting old.

hailtopitt 06-02-2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16447756)
:lol :lol :thumbsup

Yeah. The Sharks have a great fanbase to begin with and their arena is always rocking. Saturday night should definitely be crazy.

To be fair to Sid, I bet he gets whacked 2x more than the average player.

But again, to be fair, I think guys do it partly because they know they'll get a negative response out of him and get under his skin. Cool to see him getting past that.

Also, I couldn't believe it when Doc mentioned that Crosby is in his 11th season. Wow. I'm getting old.

ugh yea the Shark Tank will be pulsating...would be HUGE if the Pens can score first and quell the noise a bit

and to the bolded: that seriously hasn't happened in years....lots of years...Malkin and Letang have been the volatile players in the last 5-6 seasons...Sid hasn't really done that much since winning the Cup

barbogast 06-02-2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16447756)

So is Ovie. Thank goodness we've got all those Presidents Trophys to show for it

barbogast 06-02-2016 08:14 AM

The worst part about the Crosby suck fest that happens in here daily now is that it's fully deserved. I finally watched a little bit of highlight and recap stuff this morning, and it really seems like the guy is just flying right now. My only hope is this is frustrating Ovechkin, MacLellan and co. as much as it's frustrating me.

hailtopitt 06-02-2016 08:15 AM

Crosby has been amazing in the series so far...another level

fonzz41 06-02-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16447769)
and to the bolded: that seriously hasn't happened in years....lots of years...Malkin and Letang have been the volatile players in the last 5-6 seasons...Sid hasn't really done that much since winning the Cup

I think he's definitely gotten better, but I still see a bit that makes me go, "c'mon Sid, quiet down." Of course, I see that from guys like Toews once in a while too. Like I was saying, Sid's overall play drastically makes up for it. If my kids approach the game the way Crosby does, I'll be a proud guy.

And yes, totally agree that Letang is the most volatile.

hailtopitt 06-02-2016 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16447790)
If my kids approach the game the way Crosby does, I'll be a proud guy.

but according to Logan Couture he cheats :rolleyes

fonzz41 06-02-2016 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16447796)
but according to Logan Couture he cheats :rolleyes

The sad thing is, I love the way Couture plays the game as well. That sucka is gritty as hell.

I guess the overall theme of my comments this morning are, "just shut up and play."

Dramageek 06-02-2016 08:26 AM

Crosby's just in God-mode right now. He's dictating play and having a blast doing it. Drawing up the faceoff play then executing to perfection was a thing of beauty. He may not have great heaping gobs of points (though he still has a good amount), but he's been playing out of his mind pretty much all playoffs.

TheLastPig 06-02-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16447807)
Crosby's just in God-mode right now. He's dictating play and having a blast doing it. Drawing up the faceoff play then executing to perfection was a thing of beauty. He may not have great heaping gobs of points (though he still has a good amount), but he's been playing out of his mind pretty much all playoffs.

Not sure if he or Kessel is in the lead for the Conn Smythe.

But hey, lets just win the cup before we worry about that.

hailtopitt 06-02-2016 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16447809)
Not sure if he or Kessel is in the lead for the Conn Smythe.

But hey, lets just win the cup before we worry about that.

leading candidates right now (assuming their team wins):

1. Kessel
2. Pavelski
3. Crosby
4. Murray
5. Thornton

TheLastPig 06-02-2016 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16447815)

1. Kessel
2. Pavelski
3. Crosby
4. Murray
5. Thornton

I would list Burns above Thornton

hailtopitt 06-02-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16447819)
I would list Burns above Thornton

yea that's fair

kev87lads 06-02-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16447815)

1. Kessel
2. Pavelski
3. Crosby
4. Murray
5. Thornton

6. Gostisbehere

hailtopitt 06-02-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16447831)
6. Gostisbehere

http://www.phillyphaithful.com/asset...tight-500x.jpg

Roose13 06-02-2016 08:40 AM

Best shirt ever

cpxc. 06-02-2016 08:41 AM

will be back in pittsburgh tomorrow. can't wait to dahn a HBK sandwich

cpxc. 06-02-2016 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
couture just mad he looks like butthead

hailtopitt 06-02-2016 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 16447837)
will be back in pittsburgh tomorrow. can't wait to dahn a HBK sandwich

:thumbsup:thumbsup gotta recharge your yinzer bar. it's getting low from being over there...

Roose13 06-02-2016 10:05 AM

Everyone cheats in the faceoff circle, seriously.

Also, worst Cup Final ever.

hailtopitt 06-02-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16448025)
Everyone cheats in the faceoff circle, seriously.

Also, worst Cup Final ever.

:lol:lol

~Crashintome89~ 06-02-2016 10:25 AM

pretty hard to trash Crosby, even for me. He's just on another level. I'd argue he's at the same level he was at in 2011. But he's more mature.

fonzz41 06-02-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16448062)
pretty hard to trash Crosby, even for me. He's just on another level. I'd argue he's at the same level he was at in 2011. But he's more mature.

I might have to sig this, coming from you.

JRS1386 06-02-2016 11:09 AM

This thread has been nothing short of vomit inducing lately. Come on Sharks, stop fucking this up

barbogast 06-02-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16448133)
This thread has been nothing short of vomit inducing lately. Come on Sharks, stop fucking this up

Agreed. The Crosby masturbation session is just disgusting.

TMoore4075 06-02-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16448173)
Agreed. The Crosby masturbation session is just disgusting.

Well picturing any of you guys masturbating anyone or masturbating about anyone would be disgusting so...