Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 *** (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=353413)

MikeyCarson40 01-22-2020 10:08 AM

*** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Back to the 'Cuse 7/22/20! Let's Go!!!

tduffman 01-22-2020 10:37 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Let's get this out of the way. Parking info here: https://sjhamphitheater.com/directions-and-parking/

Buy Premier/VIP parking to ensure a speedy entrance/exit. Shuttles from downtown work very well. Anything else I missed?

floppybeagle 01-22-2020 11:23 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Does this venue have a pit? Last time I was there it was Phish and I forget.

coombse 01-22-2020 12:20 PM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
has a decent sized pit

parking is key here...

Maximus584 01-22-2020 12:37 PM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
What's the lawn like here? What about good hotels? Is there a decent tailgate?. With no Toronto show I am forced to travel. Looking at the best show that's decently close.

coombse 01-22-2020 02:45 PM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus584 (Post 17618220)
What's the lawn like here? What about good hotels? Is there a decent tailgate?. With no Toronto show I am forced to travel. Looking at the best show that's decently close.

The parking lot is long and thin and if its a sold out show,will also be on other side of interstate- get there early and with your friends you'll be fine,stragglers will be in the abyss,

willndmb 01-22-2020 09:58 PM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Ok vip parking is really hot or miss too.
my friend and I both had vip and were parked about 30 cars apart. I was out in 30 mins, he was in 90

The orange lot is approx .8 miles from the gate so if you are using the foot bridge it is a mile min walk.
Best western is the closest hotel but not truly Walking distance due to the highway.
Pit is 500 people according to venue staff
Lawn has good views from the view times I have been on it, actually one of the best lawns I have been on

Here is detailed info from when the venue opened, some is slightly outdated now...

General Info
Name (linked to website)
Lakeview Amphitheater (originally, a.k.a. Onondaga Lake Amphitheater)
Designed by
Westlake Reed Lekosky, they also designed Bethel Woods PAC in Bethel, N.Y.
Year Built
2015
First Show
9/3/15 (announced 7/29/15)
Miranda Lambert "Roadside Bars & Pink Guitars Tour"
featuring "Special Guest" RaeLynn
$95/75/35, Premium Box $203.25
First Sell Out
Dave Matthews Band
announced by Live Nation 4/7/16
Stage
108' x 50' (60' x 35' viewable)
At Row F the "viewable edge" of the stage is lined up with seat 2 of section 102 & seat 10 of section 101
Stage lip is over 4.5' high in the center
Seating
17,500 (5000 seats, 12,500 in lawn)
Seating Chart via Ticketmaster
The first 6 rows can be removed for a 500 person pit
Tickets
Ticketmaster online
Ticketmaster charge by phone (800) 745-3000
Live Nation online
Oncenter Box Office (in person)
760 S. State Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Local Press (some stories linked to both)
"Onondaga Lake Amp" Press
"Lakeview Amp" Press

Location
490 Restoration Way
Syracuse, NY 13209
(between 690 West and Onondaga Lake)
43.087718, -76.222100 Google Map

Parking & Directions
10,000 parking spots are in the "Brown" & "Orange" lots of the NY State Fair. Shuttles will bring you to the amphitheater.
The Orange lot is approx 1 mile long & the foot bridge (connecting "Brown" to "Orange") over 690 is .8 miles from the parking lot edge & path to the front gate.
From the North
81S (exit 22) to 298/Bear St.
Right on 298/Bear St to 690W
690W to Exit 7 (straight ahead to main lots)
From the South
81N to 690W
690W to Exit 7 (straight ahead to main lots)
From the East
90W (exit 34A) to 481S
481S (exit 4) to 690W
690W to Exit 7 (straight ahead to main lots)
From the West
90E (exit 39) to 690E
690E to Exit 7 (follow signs to the closest lots)
By Air
Syracuse (SYR)
By Bus/Train
Walsh Regional Transportation Center (315) 478-1936
By Boat
DockWA

Lodging
Best Western ("across the street")
670 State Fair Boulevard
Syracuse, New York, 13209-1308
Phone: (315) 484-0044 Fax: (315) 484-0045

Local Attractions
Destiny USA - Mall
The Most - Science Museum
Zoo
Chiefs - AAA Minor League Baseball (Washington Nationals)
State Fair
Dinosaur BBQ

Connect/Social Media
Website
Facebook - County/Venue run Lakeview
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook - Live Nation at Lakeview

Pictures - attached
1) artist render of location
2) artist render of show in progress
3) first show announcement

Security - handled by "Westcott Security"
NO bags over 14" x 14" x 6" (signage still in effect as of 8/27/17)
Pat downs, hand wands, bag checks are ALL left up to the band and their management. (first hand info from security employees I work with)
Head high stands in the pit, no restriction in the seats (experience)

tduffman 01-23-2020 09:05 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus584 (Post 17618220)
What's the lawn like here? What about good hotels? Is there a decent tailgate?. With no Toronto show I am forced to travel. Looking at the best show that's decently close.

Lawn is pretty great. Good sound and great views of Onondaga Lake. I've never felt crowded, its pretty large.

If coming from out of town your best options for a hotel are probably the Best Western at the fairgrounds (potentially walk to the shuttle bus that handles the lots on that side of the highway, pink/brown if you look at the link I copied on my last post) or Marriott Syracuse Downtown. There is a shuttle that runs from the bus station right next to the hotel right to the amphitheater.

MikeyCarson40 01-23-2020 09:28 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus584 (Post 17618220)
What's the lawn like here? What about good hotels? Is there a decent tailgate?. With no Toronto show I am forced to travel. Looking at the best show that's decently close.

Great lawn, not a bad spot in the venue. Plenty of good reasonable hotels around in the area. Solid tailgate scene. We always have a blast! If you're looking for some people to hang with, hit me up!

Mikeap 01-23-2020 10:07 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Ugh. Leaving for vacation the morning of the 22nd, so I guess I'm going miss out this year. Hopefully I can figure something out for SPAC. What's everyone's thoughts about another Dave & Tim at CMAC? Think we'll get it this year?

dwhit3 01-23-2020 10:14 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeap (Post 17619437)
Ugh. Leaving for vacation the morning of the 22nd, so I guess I'm going miss out this year. Hopefully I can figure something out for SPAC. What's everyone's thoughts about another Dave & Tim at CMAC? Think we'll get it this year?

Allegedly its July 7th, according to rumor mill. Usually they don't announce that until April though. Hope it works out!

Yacuzzo14 01-23-2020 10:52 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Honestly this venue is pretty awesome aesthetically! I'm excited they are coming back here but I will never forget the chaotic scene with the shuttles last time..woof! Shuttle madness aside (which truthfully wasn't that big of a deal, just hard to watch) the show was awesome. Looking forward to having just as much fun at this one!

Mikeap 01-23-2020 01:23 PM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwhit3 (Post 17619458)
Allegedly its July 7th, according to rumor mill. Usually they don't announce that until April though. Hope it works out!

That would be perfect! Hopefully that works out to be true. I'd hate to miss out on a show this summer.

MikeyCarson40 01-24-2020 09:28 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yacuzzo14 (Post 17619542)
Honestly this venue is pretty awesome aesthetically! I'm excited they are coming back here but I will never forget the chaotic scene with the shuttles last time..woof! Shuttle madness aside (which truthfully wasn't that big of a deal, just hard to watch) the show was awesome. Looking forward to having just as much fun at this one!

The venue has fixed all the issues and actually added a new exist from the lot which should be opened by the DMB show. It's honestly been smooth sailing since that disaster.

Mikeap 01-24-2020 10:06 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyCarson40 (Post 17620532)
The venue has fixed all the issues and actually added a new exist from the lot which should be opened by the DMB show. It's honestly been smooth sailing since that disaster.

The shuttle system was downright scary at times. I'm surprised no one got pushed out in front of a bus with all the chaos there was. I'm glad to hear it's hopefully fixed. Once your inside for the show it's one of the best amphitheaters there is.

MikeyCarson40 01-28-2020 09:40 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeap (Post 17620590)
The shuttle system was downright scary at times. I'm surprised no one got pushed out in front of a bus with all the chaos there was. I'm glad to hear it's hopefully fixed. Once your inside for the show it's one of the best amphitheaters there is.

Yea, there were no issues at all at the venue last season. I guarantee they are going to try to make up for the last fiasco when DMB played. They will probably even add extra shuttles. It looks like the pushed the start time of the show to 7:30 probably to avoid people getting in there late again.

willndmb 01-30-2020 12:12 PM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyCarson40 (Post 17622807)
Yea, there were no issues at all at the venue last season. I guarantee they are going to try to make up for the last fiasco when DMB played. They will probably even add extra shuttles. It looks like the pushed the start time of the show to 7:30 probably to avoid people getting in there late again.

Most show this yr are 7:30

MikeyCarson40 01-31-2020 09:26 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willndmb (Post 17624589)
Most show this yr are 7:30

Interesting. Isn't the start time usually 7 with the band hitting the stage around 7:20?

willndmb 01-31-2020 10:23 PM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyCarson40 (Post 17625148)
Interesting. Isn't the start time usually 7 with the band hitting the stage around 7:20?

No 8 and 8:20
When they had openers, those were 7
So assuming they come out now closer to 8, we could see some longer sets or more likely they will just end earlier lol

Vorony 02-01-2020 01:23 PM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willndmb (Post 17625711)
No 8 and 8:20
When they had openers, those were 7
So assuming they come out now closer to 8, we could see some longer sets or more likely they will just end earlier lol

Considering how many times they ended early last year (prior to 11pm), I'd say the latter part of your post is more likely. Come out before 8, end by 10:30.

MikeyCarson40 02-06-2020 09:39 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Anybody have temps yet for Syracuse?

tduffman 02-06-2020 10:55 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyCarson40 (Post 17628870)
Anybody have temps yet for Syracuse?

Negative, but I put in for 4 seats so I'm not holding my breath.

willndmb 02-06-2020 07:48 PM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyCarson40 (Post 17628870)
Anybody have temps yet for Syracuse?

nope, I think just series 2 temps are hitting

Quote:

Originally Posted by tduffman (Post 17628991)
Negative, but I put in for 4 seats so I'm not holding my breath.

Why?
I got four lowers in 16 and 18 so Iím not holding my breath as I feel like this times i will get declined for being lucky in the past lol

MikeyCarson40 02-07-2020 09:05 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tduffman (Post 17628991)
Negative, but I put in for 4 seats so I'm not holding my breath.

Same here! Fingers crossed!

tduffman 02-07-2020 09:43 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willndmb (Post 17629447)
nope, I think just series 2 temps are hitting



Why?
I got four lowers in 16 and 18 so Iím not holding my breath as I feel like this times i will get declined for being lucky in the past lol

I guess I'm more scarred from my dealings with SPAC in the past! Never requested 4 before but I like to hear the previous success.

unccrombie 02-10-2020 08:41 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willndmb (Post 17629447)
nope, I think just series 2 temps are hitting







Why?

I got four lowers in 16 and 18 so Iím not holding my breath as I feel like this times i will get declined for being lucky in the past lol

I have temps as of Saturday.

MikeyCarson40 02-10-2020 09:28 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Full charge temps!! Fingers crossed they stick!!

tduffman 02-10-2020 09:59 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
Full charge temps here too!

jchas41 02-10-2020 11:33 AM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
I requested 4 reserved and have no temps as of today. Not looking good. This would be my fourth straight ďdeclinedĒ - not too happy with my membership at the moment.

mattyd 02-10-2020 01:21 PM

Re: *** Official Syracuse, NY 2020 ***
 
again, for the 40,000 time. no temps or temps mean NOTHING until they are officially out. people will be surprised either way when it comes time


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.