Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The Gorge Q&A and FAQs (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334123)

ExistenceNow 01-09-2015 09:46 AM

The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
While the fine people of the Gorge thread are more than happy to answer your questions in that thread, it can be intimidating to throw a question in there, or to backread through pages of chatter to find your answer.

So this thread is for questions you first timers may have.

To get you started, the fine people of the Gorge thread, you may remember them from my previous paragraph, put together this handy FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LuU2SQWvC7Jjgk

And back when some of those fine people were probably still in diapers, the fine people of Toupstown put together a whole friggin website to answer your Gorge questions:

http://toupstown.com/gorge.html



If, after reading through all that, you still don't have the answer to the question that is giving you anxiety about making your pilgrimage to the Gorge, ask in here.

This thread is for questions, and answers, only. No chatting. Don't make me get the hose.

gocubsgo3822 01-09-2015 10:19 AM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Which airport should i fly into?

BigEyed_Fish54 01-09-2015 10:24 AM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 (Post 15749000)
Which airport should i fly into?

SeaTac is where I always fly in to

madpiker 01-09-2015 10:26 AM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Good call matthew.

russvodder 01-09-2015 10:38 AM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Great idea Matthew. Keep the Gorge Love.

G8RDave 01-09-2015 12:58 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 (Post 15749000)
Which airport should i fly into?

We use Spokane as much as Seattle and fly exclusively on Southwest. If you are just flying in and out without sightseeing added on, it is super easy. It's slightly closer and a smaller airport with easy access right off HWY 90. Flights are more expensive with fewer direct flights, but no security wait, no labor day traffic going East and cheap rental cars.

UCFish 01-09-2015 01:05 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 (Post 15749000)
Which airport should i fly into?

:lol:lol:lol

Chrisdar1 01-11-2015 08:09 AM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
As a soon to be first timer to the Gorge, thanks for starting this thread. Looking forward to getting everybody's tips and advice!

ajc_1988 01-11-2015 08:50 AM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
what time do the lots open?

Chrisdar1 01-12-2015 11:32 AM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
RV's... Are they worth it or not? Here my understanding: RVs: add another $1500-$2000 onto the price of the trip, can park at both Gorge and Wildhorse (gorge no hookups, WH just electrical hookups), have to dump them on your own, and most can't be returned until Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday...

Where do the RVs get parked at gorge campground (are there RV spots in each level? Premier and Terrace too?). I'll be traveling with my wife and some friends who are nervous about tent camping - I know, I know....)...

Secondly - rate the bathroom/shower experience at gorge (Premier/Terrace) versus Wildhorse....
Any help is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks!
Chris

jenzzjetII 01-12-2015 11:44 AM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15753874)
RV's... Are they worth it or not? Here my understanding: RVs: add another $1500-$2000 onto the price of the trip, can park at both Gorge and Wildhorse (gorge no hookups, WH just electrical hookups), have to dump them on your own, and most can't be returned until Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday...

Where do the RVs get parked at gorge campground (are there RV spots in each level? Premier and Terrace too?). I'll be traveling with my wife and some friends who are nervous about tent camping - I know, I know....)...

Secondly - rate the bathroom/shower experience at gorge (Premier/Terrace) versus Wildhorse....
Any help is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks!
Chris

At the venue campground the RVs get parked along side cars there are no specific RV designated areas. At wildhorse the RV spots are closer to the front of the campground, but again mixed in with all of the other campers.

I used to rent an RV, but the amount of time that was spent actually using it was so little that it wasn't worth it to me and my group.

The outdoor showers at wildhorse are awesome. Both the showers and honey buckets are kept incredibly clean. The honey buckets are cleaned at least twice a day.

jordanbball17 01-12-2015 12:17 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenzzjetII (Post 15753915)
At the venue campground the RVs get parked along side cars there are no specific RV designated areas. At wildhorse the RV spots are closer to the front of the campground, but again mixed in with all of the other campers.

I used to rent an RV, but the amount of time that was spent actually using it was so little that it wasn't worth it to me and my group.

The outdoor showers at wildhorse are awesome. Both the showers and honey buckets are kept incredibly clean. The honey buckets are cleaned at least twice a day.

This is seriously worth the price right here. I've never seen one of the Honey Buckets get gross at WH. The open-air showers are one of my favorite parts of the weekend (looking up at blue sky and puffy clouds in a warm shower is amazing).

gocubsgo3822 01-12-2015 12:18 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15753874)
RV's... Are they worth it or not? Here my understanding: RVs: add another $1500-$2000 onto the price of the trip, can park at both Gorge and Wildhorse (gorge no hookups, WH just electrical hookups), have to dump them on your own, and most can't be returned until Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday...

Where do the RVs get parked at gorge campground (are there RV spots in each level? Premier and Terrace too?). I'll be traveling with my wife and some friends who are nervous about tent camping - I know, I know....)...

Secondly - rate the bathroom/shower experience at gorge (Premier/Terrace) versus Wildhorse....
Any help is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks!
Chris

i have a condo so they are fantastic.

jenzzjetII 01-12-2015 12:31 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanbball17 (Post 15754053)
This is seriously worth the price right here. I've never seen one of the Honey Buckets get gross at WH. The open-air showers are one of my favorite parts of the weekend (looking up at blue sky and puffy clouds in a warm shower is amazing).

Or even a post show late night shower!

iLikedmb12 01-12-2015 01:07 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15753874)
RV's... Are they worth it or not? Here my understanding: RVs: add another $1500-$2000 onto the price of the trip, can park at both Gorge and Wildhorse (gorge no hookups, WH just electrical hookups), have to dump them on your own, and most can't be returned until Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday on Monday...

Where do the RVs get parked at gorge campground (are there RV spots in each level? Premier and Terrace too?). I'll be traveling with my wife and some friends who are nervous about tent camping - I know, I know....)...

Secondly - rate the bathroom/shower experience at gorge (Premier/Terrace) versus Wildhorse....
Any help is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks!
Chris

I've done both WH & premier. Wildhorse is better BUT the showers in premier weren't bad at all. The honeybuckets on the other hand...

Chrisdar1 01-12-2015 01:16 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iLikedmb12 (Post 15754241)
I've done both WH & premier. Wildhorse is better BUT the showers in premier weren't bad at all. The honeybuckets on the other hand...

So is this quote from the Gorge FAQ true? Tell me about the flushable toilets... Are they real or just a myth???

"Additionally, if you camp in Premier or Terrace you have access to real life flushable toilets just like you use at home."

russvodder 01-12-2015 01:30 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15754267)
So is this quote from the Gorge FAQ true? Tell me about the flushable toilets... Are they real or just a myth???

"Additionally, if you camp in Premier or Terrace you have access to real life flushable toilets just like you use at home."

This is correct. There are flush-able toilets in Premier and Terrace campgrounds. The ones in Premier are up near the general store and not spread through the whole area, though.

iLikedmb12 01-12-2015 01:38 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by russvodder (Post 15754300)
This is correct. There are flush-able toilets in Premier and Terrace campgrounds. The ones in Premier are up near the general store and not spread through the whole area, though.


What Russ said. So it's easier to just use the honeybuckets.

Chrisdar1 01-12-2015 08:59 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful...

jenzzjetII 01-12-2015 09:24 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisdar1 (Post 15755598)
Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful...

If you get a chance drop in to the other Gorge thread. Yes there is a lot of chatter, but it's a great way to get to know others that will be in attendance. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've made some great friends in that thread that have translated in to real life.

Chrisdar1 01-12-2015 09:28 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenzzjetII (Post 15755689)
If you get a chance drop in to the other Gorge thread. Yes there is a lot of chatter, but it's a great way to get to know others that will be in attendance. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've made some great friends in that thread that have translated in to real life.

Will do... Really looking forward to our first trip out there this year!

Halloween1031 01-13-2015 06:48 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
I was planning on camping in premier for the shows this year. I can't seem to find any information on the amount of tents allowed on a camp site. Is it a strict 1 tent limit even for small 1 person tents? Or is it as many as fit comfortably on the site? Any help is appreciated thank you!

ExistenceNow 01-13-2015 06:51 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween1031 (Post 15759923)
I was planning on camping in premier for the shows this year. I can't seem to find any information on the amount of tents allowed on a camp site. Is it a strict 1 tent limit even for small 1 person tents? Or is it as many as fit comfortably on the site? Any help is appreciated thank you!

You can put as many tents as will fit in your area. We had three in our spot last year.

iLikedmb12 01-13-2015 07:01 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween1031 (Post 15759923)
I was planning on camping in premier for the shows this year. I can't seem to find any information on the amount of tents allowed on a camp site. Is it a strict 1 tent limit even for small 1 person tents? Or is it as many as fit comfortably on the site? Any help is appreciated thank you!

You don't really have a site per se. They point you to an area and you park your car and start unloading. I suggest parking a little wider than they tell you so you have a little more space and stake your claim. As many tents as you can fit they will allow :thumbsup

russvodder 01-13-2015 08:00 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Yep. No defined spots. You roll in. park and take as much space as you can before they park the next car.

Or you roll in with a dozen vehicles in tow and take control. Also helps to be friendly with the parking staff. Don't be afraid to tip them (in some fashion or other). They work their asses off for us. Find the parking lead and treat them well.

jenzzjetII 01-13-2015 08:25 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by russvodder (Post 15760163)
Yep. No defined spots. You roll in. park and take as much space as you can before they park the next car.

Or you roll in with a dozen vehicles in tow and take control. Also helps to be friendly with the parking staff. Don't be afraid to tip them (in some fashion or other). They work their asses off for us. Find the parking lead and treat them well.

Honestly that is true at any of the campgrounds... take care of the staff and they will take care of you.

RiotAct 01-13-2015 09:20 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubsgo3822 (Post 15749000)
Which airport should i fly into?

Buffalo :Ricky

twostepr13 01-14-2015 09:41 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Can I request Premier camping thru warehouse? or do I have to wait for public sale?

ExistenceNow 01-14-2015 09:46 PM

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by twostepr13 (Post 15763761)
Can I request Premier camping thru warehouse? or do I have to wait for public sale?


You can request it through Warehouse.



I was declined last year for it though, so that is a potential issue.

russvodder 01-14-2015 09:57 PM

The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by twostepr13 (Post 15763761)
Can I request Premier camping thru warehouse? or do I have to wait for public sale?


I have requested Premier Camping through Warehouse for the last four years. Only denied once. 2012. Found one at public sale.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.