Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

AlpineValley804 03-25-2014 08:06 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread

So for the people who watched the Detroit/Columbus game tonight, when has it ever been a rule that if a player is actively shooting the puck before the net is off, it still counts if it crosses the line? If the net is off, the net is off and the play is dead.

swordo84 03-25-2014 08:07 PM

We can't win a hockey game to save our lives, but we'll mess up your... fingers!

https://twitter.com/JoNana/status/448657189469560832

lockman21 03-25-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15216657)
Been trying real hard to bring some credibility to Caps fans in here, Ovie's just so damn hatable :lol

In case you were wondering why Caps fans have no credibility in here....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15217196)
If I could take a dump on 2 players at once it would be Jeff Carter and Dustin Brown. And john Quick can eat my dingleberrys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brohan_Santana 03-25-2014 09:35 PM

It's a joke....we all I know I'd take a dump on Crosby and Wayne Simmonds too. Lighten up bro. Go the way of Kane and DGAF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HallowBillies7 03-25-2014 10:55 PM

The NHL 2013-14 Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15217202)
So now we have the Caps, Wings, Jackets and Leafs all at 80 points. TOR with 8 games left, WSH with 9, CBJ and DET with 10 each

:lol should be fun

Leafs gonna leaf. Last year they didn't have time for their collapse, they'll be out of the playoff picture soon :lol

bartender_man 03-26-2014 01:47 AM

Sharks!!!!!

Rebecca De Mornay 03-26-2014 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 (Post 15217262)
So for the people who watched the Detroit/Columbus game tonight, when has it ever been a rule that if a player is actively shooting the puck before the net is off, it still counts if it crosses the line? If the net is off, the net is off and the play is dead.

Rule 63.6 states that when the goal post has been displaced by the actions of a defending player, and the puck has been shot (or is in the act of being shot) before the goal post is dislodged, the referee is to award the goal if the puck would have entered the net had it not been dislodged.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-26-2014 04:14 AM

The wings fans in the arena were so whiny last night. The only really bad call was the hook on Letestu's breakaway and it didn't impact the game at all.

One kid sitting next to me goes "if you play this game 10 times with different refs the wings win all 10" I said to him "actually they played 2 weeks ago and the jackets won that game too"

barbogast 03-26-2014 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15217394)
In case you were wondering why Caps fans have no credibility in here....

Yeah...sheesh. That guy is the worst

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 (Post 15217262)

I haven't seen the play, but as posted above, if the goal was dislodged by a defender while a shot is occurring, it counts

hailtopitt 03-26-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15217767)
The wings fans in the arena were so whiny last night. The only really bad call was the hook on Letestu's breakaway and it didn't impact the game at all.

One kid sitting next to me goes "if you play this game 10 times with different refs the wings win all 10" I said to him "actually they played 2 weeks ago and the jackets won that game too"

:lol:lol

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15217758)
Rule 63.6 states that when the goal post has been displaced by the actions of a defending player, and the puck has been shot (or is in the act of being shot) before the goal post is dislodged, the referee is to award the goal if the puck would have entered the net had it not been dislodged.

Yeah the goal was right by the rule. Don't like it in that instance, not just cause it hurt my team, but cause it was the two guys bumping and canceling each other out. If it was Smith purposely shoving him to knock the net off then yeah. I know why they have it this way, to make it black and white because the NHL doesn't know how to handle the gray areas at all. At least the Leafs lost again and the Caps only got a point, and the Wings actually have more ROW's then them.

Back to the shit penalty. Yeah it didn't impact the game but this is what's wrong, as all of us have stated before, with the officiating in the NHL. If the Wings won I'd still be bitching about this call. First period there were I think 4 penalties total. I don't remember any called in the second, and then you call something like that. And there were things that they let go throughout the game. How do they justify that? I understand game to game things changing cause refs see somethings differently, but period to period? Hell shift to shift.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-26-2014 06:09 AM

Yeah Tim the hooking call was real bad, it even looked bad from my seats at the other end of the ice before I saw a replay. Letestu just fumbled the puck but it was so surprising and that's a play where the defender will take the call often I think the refs just assumed, that's all I can imagine. The kid sitting next to me was so upset, I thought his head was going to explode.

at least they didn't give him a penalty shot.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-26-2014 06:12 AM

Above all it was a highly entertaining hockey game, between two teams that hopefully squeeze into the playoffs. If the wings get healthy going into the postseason that could be big trouble for someone.

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15217862)
Yeah Tim the hooking call was real bad, it even looked bad from my seats at the other end of the ice before I saw a replay. Letestu just fumbled the puck but it was so surprising and that's a play where the defender will take the call often I think the refs just assumed, that's all I can imagine. The kid sitting next to me was so upset, I thought his head was going to explode.

at least they didn't give him a penalty shot.

Apparently the Jackets players were asking for it is what the Detroit broadcast said. If I was a player I wouldn't be saying anything, we got a PP out of a bad call shut up. lol And that's the thing, if it looked bad from the seats, how did a ref not notice it? Whatever, can't do much about it now but move on.

Also just reading a local article, most of the players had no idea about the rule. I wonder if the NHL should do a better job of letting the players know this stuff. It's happened with slightly obscure rules like that where players don't know. Maybe they should be more involved in it, with the competition committee or something. Not that it changes the call but just for the future.

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15217870)
Above all it was a highly entertaining hockey game, between two teams that hopefully squeeze into the playoffs. If the wings get healthy going into the postseason that could be big trouble for someone.

Big if. lol Jurco back tomorrow maybe and possible Datsyuk soon. That's who they need back. Nice to get the secondary players back but Pavel, Weiss and Zetterberg are who they need.

If the Wings can get a win or at least a point tomorrow and beat the Leafs on Saturday, I think the Leafs are done. That'll be a big game Saturday for the Leafs.

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 06:31 AM

And I've gotta post this every year. All for Matty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcRWiZN8FdA

fonzz41 03-26-2014 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15217912)
And I've gotta post this every year. All for Matty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcRWiZN8FdA

Ah, the best of times. I remember everyone circling the dates for Wings/Avs tilts, and they rarely disappointed. I miss this rivalry... I suppose Bruins/Habs or Pens/Flyers sometimes gets close, but nothing really matches it today.

EDIT: I still shake my head at Foote taking on both Vernon and Shanny for a few seconds there. :lol

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15217954)
Ah, the best of times. I remember everyone circling the dates for Wings/Avs tilts, and they rarely disappointed. I miss this rivalry... I suppose Bruins/Habs or Pens/Flyers sometimes gets close, but nothing really matches it today.

EDIT: I still shake my head at Foote taking on both Vernon and Shanny for a few seconds there. :lol

That was hatred at it's best. By the time like 2001 or 2002 came around, they still hated each other but respected each other. After Lemieux was traded the pure hatred went away for just hating the best guys on the other team. There is a video following around Lidstrom after the ceremony and when he was going to the press box, went to Sakic and made sure to talk to him. It was kinda cool.

Here is it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBYVAgw-znM

fonzz41 03-26-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15217962)
That was hatred at it's best. By the time like 2001 or 2002 came around, they still hated each other but respected each other. After Lemieux was traded the pure hatred went away for just hating the best guys on the other team. There is a video following around Lidstrom after the ceremony and when he was going to the press box, went to Sakic and made sure to talk to him. It was kinda cool.

Here is it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBYVAgw-znM

There were certainly guys that kinda rose above the pandemonium and still managed to maintain that dignity and class through it all, and Lidstrom and Sakic were certainly two of them. Two of the most respected players to ever play the game, and I think they both feel that way towards each other. Very cool. :thumbsup

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15217971)
There were certainly guys that kinda rose above the pandemonium and still managed to maintain that dignity and class through it all, and Lidstrom and Sakic were certainly two of them. Two of the most respected players to ever play the game, and I think they both feel that way towards each other. Very cool. :thumbsup

I can't believe it's been 17 years since that day. When you put that to it, makes me feel really old.

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 07:14 AM

If the Leafs choke, is Carlyle gone? People want to throw Reimer under the bus but his team has failed him a lot. Sure he hasn't made the big saves, but he shouldn't be forced to make THAT MANY big saves if you want to be a championship team.

fonzz41 03-26-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15217997)
I can't believe it's been 17 years since that day. When you put that to it, makes me feel really old.

Nice, thanks for posting.

Nick Lidstrom - more than I think any hockey player I've ever seen - is the one hockey player who looks NOTHING like a hockey player when he's not in his gear. :lol

Rebecca De Mornay 03-26-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15218011)
If the Leafs choke, is Carlyle gone? People want to throw Reimer under the bus but his team has failed him a lot. Sure he hasn't made the big saves, but he shouldn't be forced to make THAT MANY big saves if you want to be a championship team.

I believe I saw last night that they have given up 40+ shots 20 times this season.

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15218016)
Nice, thanks for posting.

Nick Lidstrom - more than I think any hockey player I've ever seen - is the one hockey player who looks NOTHING like a hockey player when he's not in his gear. :lol

I still love how they basically hid him. Neil Smith got a call from Don Meehan who ended up being his agent and asked about this Swedish kid and Smith played dumb. Then Meehan called back again and said I know you are looking at his kid and he finally caved but said "don't tell anyone." No way could you do that in today's world.

Samething kinda happened with Datsyuk. They actually went to scout someone else, and they noticed him.

hailtopitt 03-26-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15218043)
I believe I saw last night that they have given up 40+ shots 20 times this season.

not exactly a formula for success

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15218043)

And this is from a defensive coach. Maybe Neidermeyer and Pronger just made him look like better.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-26-2014 07:28 AM

This is all on the tail of that horrific collapse in the Bruins series last year. In the pressure cooker that Toronto is I'd say he's gone if they miss the playoffs.

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15218057)
This is all on the tail of that horrific collapse in the Bruins series last year. In the pressure cooker that Toronto is I'd say he's gone if they miss the playoffs.

Read something this morning that Carlyle puts the blame on that collapse on Reimer. I watched his team sit back for the last 10 minutes. To quote from above "not a recipe for success" against a recent Cup champion.

fonzz41 03-26-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15218079)
Read something this morning that Carlyle puts the blame on that collapse on Reimer. I watched his team sit back for the last 10 minutes. To quote from above "not a recipe for success" against a recent Cup champion.

Despicable if this is true. Any coach that places blame on a particular player for a team collapse probably isn't fit to coach.

And totally agree with the comments about the 40+ shots/game. Not saying he's a BAD coach, but I don't think Carlyle keeps his job for too much longer.

TMoore4075 03-26-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15218092)
Despicable if this is true. Any coach that places blame on a particular player for a team collapse probably isn't fit to coach.

And totally agree with the comments about the 40+ shots/game. Not saying he's a BAD coach, but I don't think Carlyle keeps his job for too much longer.

And just looking at the Wings game last week, all three goals were odd-man rushes. I mean come on.