Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 03-01-2019 07:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread: featuring Gritty, the regular season mascot champ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17389231)
What is Tavares supposed to say last summer? "Uh yeah, fuck the Islanders - I'm outtie"

It would have been best for the franchise (which Tavares claimed he cared about) and would’ve stung much less for the fans if Tavares would’ve allowed the team the opportunity to not lose him for nothing. It’s not like the islanders were ever in the playoff hunt last year, and in hindsight it became clear at least a week before The Decision was finalized that New York wasn’t going to be where he landed. So basically, he strung them along when the Islanders were in a position to move him for serious gain. Look at Columbus this year. There’s no stringing along happening from their star Russians and it gave management a clear choice to either sell them for something or go all in while they’re still there and the team is good around them. Tavares can’t even claim that. The team sucked and his deal was up. If he had no interest in coming back (which I’m not sure I believe he ever did) he should’ve told the team long before he walked for nothing.

swordo84 03-01-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17389276)
It would have been best for the franchise (which Tavares claimed he cared about) and would’ve stung much less for the fans if Tavares would’ve allowed the team the opportunity to not lose him for nothing. It’s not like the islanders were ever in the playoff hunt last year, and in hindsight it became clear at least a week before The Decision was finalized that New York wasn’t going to be where he landed. So basically, he strung them along when the Islanders were in a position to move him for serious gain. Look at Columbus this year. There’s no stringing along happening from their star Russians and it gave management a clear choice to either sell them for something or go all in while they’re still there and the team is good around them. Tavares can’t even claim that. The team sucked and his deal was up. If he had no interest in coming back (which I’m not sure I believe he ever did) he should’ve told the team long before he walked for nothing.

Honest question, do we know for sure this didn't happen? Maybe the team didn't want to trade him.

He's really in a no win situation. If he goes on record saying he wants out then fans will likely respond "Fuck this guy, he never cared about us or our team"

TheLastPig 03-01-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17389280)
Honest question, do we know for sure this didn't happen? Maybe the team didn't want to trade him.

He's really in a no win situation. If he goes on record saying he wants out then fans will likely respond "Fuck this guy, he never cared about us or our team"

:thumbsup

Islanders fans looked like complete ungrateful jackasses imo

jcc522 03-02-2019 07:47 AM

Awesome Storm Surge last night. The arena was lit!

https://mobile.twitter.com/canesonfs...670976000?s=21

~Crashintome89~ 03-02-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17389591)

The throwing of things on the ice was the only bad part and should never happen in any circumstance.

The chants, the boos, etc. were awesome the other night though.

mr.MikeD 03-02-2019 10:49 AM

Don’t want the Carey Price hugging the kid video if you don’t like having feelings.

Lcsulla 03-02-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17389591)

They are Islander fans, need I say more? :lol

I mean, they haven't had much to be happy about since like 1982 and the other sports teams in that area aren't all that successful too except the 1986 Mets because the Nets always suck. So yeah, if I was a fan in that area I might gripe every chance I got too - might as well be Albany. :)

barbogast 03-03-2019 05:20 AM

What the hurricanes have done is genuinely impressive. It’s shaping up to be quite the finish in the metro. At this point there’s still enough games left that the standings could space out some but who would’ve thought with less than 20 games to go Carolina would be a top 3 divisional seed and CBJ would be on the outside? I expect that the team that ends up missing from this group won’t be the Penguins. Sure would be a sack kick if it ends up being the Jackets that miss entirely.

jcc522 03-03-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17390156)
What the hurricanes have done is genuinely impressive. It’s shaping up to be quite the finish in the metro. At this point there’s still enough games left that the standings could space out some but who would’ve thought with less than 20 games to go Carolina would be a top 3 divisional seed and CBJ would be on the outside? I expect that the team that ends up missing from this group won’t be the Penguins. Sure would be a sack kick if it ends up being the Jackets that miss entirely.

It has been such a fun ride this year

daveshookme 03-03-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17390156)

It’s been very fun watching these non traditional teams put up a fight. Jackets, canes, Tampa... STL last year. I love a good caps/pens playoff series but I’d be totally content seeing the jackets make a good run or something.

Lcsulla 03-03-2019 11:32 AM

Pretty solid night for hockey yesterday - not that the Hawks did a damn thing to make me happy - it is like they cannot win on weekends, even getting clobbered by the lowly Kings! :lol

Great scene in Calgary when they retired Iggy's number!

Crosby passes Jagr to slide into the number 2 slot in goals in Pittsburg history, also goes 2 points ahead of Ovie for their careers - plus he likely hits the 1,200 point plateau in the nxt game or 2. I think we are so numb to his talent that we forget to enjoy what this guy brings to the table every game (admittedly some of that is due to him being a bit of a whiner early on in his career) he is just so damn consistent it is just plain fun to watch.

TB ties the NHL record for fastest team to 50 wins.

That talented center Jamie Benn gets his 5th career hattie.

Draisaitl pots his 40th, first time three players have netted 40 by this point in the season in the past dozen years.

To Pens fans - does this list seem like it is missing a player or 3, maybe Crosby, Fleury or Malkin should be on this list - just my thoughts - unless the list is not for active players. https://www.nhl.com/penguins/team/all-time-team

Also for Pens fans, how do you all feel about Ronnie Francis? I think he might deserve some more love to be honest because I believe he was that final piece that lead to 2 cups in the Lemeiux era.

barbogast 03-03-2019 12:25 PM

Weird finish but an important W for the Caps. Islanders with two games in hand now. Just gotta keep accumlating points.

Gorge18Hopeful 03-03-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17390251)
Weird finish but an important W for the Caps. Islanders with two games in hand now. Just gotta keep accumlating points.

Tuned in for golf at 3 and caught the shootout. Weird to see hockey refs with the headset over the helmet, also seems like they should’ve been able to make that call w/o review

aeroshady 03-03-2019 03:43 PM

Hello everyone! It has been a pretty long time since I have been on ants apparently. Last login was 1-26-19 and I am sure it was a few weeks before that since I last posted. I have had some pretty big changes in my life that kept me from these boards for a while. My goal is to be a bit more active moving forward now.

Anyway, I am in the process of moving back to New York/New Jersey and hopefully close on a job that I have made it through the first two interviews with. It has always been a dream of mine to work in Manhattan, so I wish me luck!

As for hockey, I am in storm surge country right now. I am staying with family just about 1-2 hours outside of Raleigh and have had the chance to make it to a few Canes games. Got to see the Rangers win just before we traded everyone too. I am planning on going to the game on Friday as well. In addition, I am headed to Edmonton and Calgary for some games soon too! Went to Calgary last year and it was a blast!

JRS1386 03-03-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17390298)
Hello everyone! It has been a pretty long time since I have been on ants apparently. Last login was 1-26-19 and I am sure it was a few weeks before that since I last posted. I have had some pretty big changes in my life that kept me from these boards for a while. My goal is to be a bit more active moving forward now.

Anyway, I am in the process of moving back to New York/New Jersey and hopefully close on a job that I have made it through the first two interviews with. It has always been a dream of mine to work in Manhattan, so I wish me luck!

As for hockey, I am in storm surge country right now. I am staying with family just about 1-2 hours outside of Raleigh and have had the chance to make it to a few Canes games. Got to see the Rangers win just before we traded everyone too. I am planning on going to the game on Friday as well. In addition, I am headed to Edmonton and Calgary for some games soon too! Went to Calgary last year and it was a blast!

Good luck with the job hunt!

Also, you're welcome Barbs

mr.MikeD 03-03-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17390298)

Nice
Pack your long underwear for Alberta, it’s been stupid cold here but hopefully turning a corner.

jrkarger 03-05-2019 03:56 AM

I’m going to leave this here for you fine folks who don’t watch wrass-lin’

https://twitter.com/gifskull/status/...766422530?s=21

aeroshady 03-05-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 17390314)
Good luck with the job hunt!

Also, you're welcome Barbs

Thanks! Hope to hear some good news soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17390347)
Nice
Pack your long underwear for Alberta, it’s been stupid cold here but hopefully turning a corner.

I will. It is funny, last year when I went to Calgary, I was living through one of the worst winters I can remember in the Northeast, so I was fully prepared. This year I have been living in Georgia/NC for the last 9 months and have not seen snow or temperatures lower that freezing yet all year. So I think I am going to be in for a shock there :lol.

Brohan_Santana 03-05-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17391055)

Philly sucks - Pitsburg swallows

barbogast 03-05-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17391055)

:lol what in the world. I love this

jcc522 03-05-2019 04:21 PM

Ferland doesn’t fuck around

TypicalBilly14 03-05-2019 06:50 PM

Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:bounce:bounce:b ounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

jcc522 03-05-2019 06:56 PM

Faulk with the worst play ever. Ugh.

bradshaw06 03-06-2019 07:15 AM

Guentzel at his contract is looking like a steal

pathetic 03-06-2019 07:36 AM

whalers :lol

rickyh24 03-06-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17391903)
Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:bounce:bounce:b ounce:bounce:bounce:bounce

Bruins seriously might be a threat.

TheLastPig 03-06-2019 11:25 AM

That pass by Sid and finish from Guentzel in OT last night was a thing of beauty.

Also as far as the division, my bet is on the Canes as the ones on the outside when its done.

barbogast 03-06-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17392542)
That pass by Sid and finish from Guentzel in OT last night was a thing of beauty.

Also as far as the division, my bet is on the Canes as the ones on the outside when its done.

It’s possible it could be 5 metro. But I think you might be right. Carolina’s gotta regress here a little bit you’d think.

drakan 03-06-2019 01:05 PM

Top five according to number fire.

Tampa
Leafs
Bruins
Cal-Gary
Sharks

Tampa is by far the favorite to win at 24%.

Brohan_Santana 03-06-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17392150)
Tom Wilson at his contract is looking like a steal

I couldn't agree more!!