Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Roose13 05-06-2017 07:19 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Omg the Oilers lost?!

barbogast 05-06-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16783328)
I feel for your Barbs, but its fun for the rest of us

Fuck you, John

salrx95 05-06-2017 07:38 AM

Man , that Oilers game. Can't believe they blew a 3-0 lead with 3:18 to play.

mr.MikeD 05-06-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16783332)
FML. Never been more disappointed after a hockey game. Oilers just totally Oilered.

Yep. That non goalie interference was a bit bullshit considering that Kesler was pulling on Talbots leg, but that was only one of 3 stupid goals in the last three minutes. One marginal call shouldn't have be the factor when you have a 3 goal lead at that point the game.

JRS1386 05-06-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16783341)
Fuck you, John

Hey I want you to get rid of this monkey eventually, I do. But I'm here for the lolcap moments while they last. Hey maybe it's your teams turn to comeback from a 3-1 hole

Dramageek 05-06-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16783310)
Our championship season comes to an end tonight!

Ovie is a 3rd line player now!

What a time to be alive!!!!

They have to be trying to get some more semblance of a balanced attack. But still, Ovie on the third line! :lol

If Sid doesn't play tonight, I think the Caps pull out the desperation win. If Sid does play, he's going to go go into Mario Lemieux God of Destruction mode and yes, another President's trophy season is done before Round 3.

And holy shit Oilers! :lol I feel for the Oiler fans in here.

aeroshady 05-06-2017 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16783381)
They have to be trying to get some more semblance of a balanced attack. But still, Ovie on the third line! :lol

If Sid doesn't play tonight, I think the Caps pull out the desperation win. If Sid does play, he's going to go go into Mario Lemieux God of Destruction mode and yes, another President's trophy season is done before Round 3.

I do and I don't. I like the Oilers, but they just made the playoffs for the first time in 11 years and are already back in the second round with a chance to still move on. Not too shabby regardless of what happens.

Besides, in a year or two every SCF is just going to be Edmonton v Toronto or more accurately, McDavid v Matthews.

I am waiting for some sports writer to coin "Its the M&M show" soon.

barbogast 05-06-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16783368)
Hey I want you to get rid of this monkey eventually, I do. But I'm here for the lolcap moments while they last. Hey maybe it's your teams turn to comeback from a 3-1 hole

They came back from 3-1 once several years ago, so I mean they have done it. But I don't expect them to this time. I kind of expect them to win tonight but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Pens will get it done in 6 if not tonight though.

And I can appreciate your taste for lolcaps moments. It's fine. It fucking blows for me but I know you love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16783381)

Trotz has said Ovie will be likely be double shifted at points in the game, I assume with his normal line, so this is probably mostly a practice thing, but yeah. Ovie practiced with the 3rd line. Amazing.

And like I said above, whether it's tonight or Monday the Pens will win this series, and I very much doubt it gets to 7.

Climb2safety 05-06-2017 09:21 AM

Any comeback by the Caps would stistcically be unlikely. That said, while Pittsburgh has been deadly on the break and capitalized on mistakes when they've got the chance, Washington has controlled the majority of play.

Washington still hasn't played close to their best either.

Win 3, two at home. Not impossible but they gotta find it for sure.

A 1-3 comeback would be the way to release the monkey too.

Roose13 05-06-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16783400)
Any comeback by the Caps would stistcically be unlikely. That said, while Pittsburgh has been deadly on the break and capitalized on mistakes when they've got the chance, Washington has controlled the majority of play.

Washington still hasn't played close to their best either.

Win 3, two at home. Not impossible but they gotta find it for sure.

A 1-3 comeback would be the way to release the monkey too.

How unlikely?

Climb2safety 05-06-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16783402)
How unlikely?

Spellcheck error.

I don't know off hand but not as bad as 0-3.

Roose13 05-06-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16783406)
Spellcheck error.

I don't know off hand but not as bad as 0-3.

Thank God. I thought you had a stroke for a minute. Was about to ask if you needed us to call anyone :lol

Climb2safety 05-06-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16783412)
Thank God. I thought you had a stroke for a minute. Was about to ask if you needed us to call anyone :lol

This is why your my favorite. I love how hard you try make me look silly (like I need help, or is that your line? :) )

Roose13 05-06-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16783421)
This is why your my favorite. I love how hard you try make me look silly (like I need help, or is that your line? :) )

Aaw, thanks buddy! You're my second fav Caps fan behind Barbs (sorry, he's totes cooler).

And I'm not trying hard at all. We break each other's balls in here all the time. It's why this thread is the best.

Climb2safety 05-06-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16783430)
Aaw, thanks buddy! You're my second fav Caps fan behind Barbs (sorry, he's totes cooler).

And I'm not trying hard at all. We break each other's balls in here all the time. It's why this thread is the best.

Barbs I think is mad at me. I hope we can come together and celly some this series.

I also hope this 3rd line BS is all over the Caps depressing room.

barbogast 05-06-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16783442)
Barbs I think is mad at me. I hope we can come together and celly some this series.

I also hope this 3rd line BS is all over the Caps depressing room.

I'm not mad at all dude. I hope so too. I do not share any optimism at all. PLEASE let me be wrong.

barbogast 05-06-2017 11:54 AM

For me it's one of those believe it when I see it things. Even if they win tonight, I still have 0 confidence they'll come back and win the series. Even if they manage to force a 7th.

dmbetc 05-06-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16783430)
We break each other's balls in here all the time. It's why this thread is the best.

Or vaginas...boobs? Breaking my boobs

aeroshady 05-06-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16783459)
For me it's one of those believe it when I see it things. Even if they win tonight, I still have 0 confidence they'll come back and win the series. Even if they manage to force a 7th.

You would have made an excellent Red Sox fan in the late 90's, early 2000's.

All I can say man is that I lived through some hard times as a Sox fan and said all the same things you are. In 2004 when the Sox fell to 0-3 against the Yankees in the ALCS I was just completely deflated. All of the sudden, boom, they had the biggest comeback in the history of sports and rolled to a World Series win! They did it against their biggest rival too! Anything can happen in sports.

Obviously, I am not saying that the Caps will come back, nor do I think they will. What I am saying, is that one day, and maybe that time is this series, the Caps will just burst out and get it done.

Waiting is the hardest part.

Also, as a Rangers fan, I am trying to just be happy with all the success this team has had over the past 11 years in the playoffs. They got to play for a cup and that was awesome. That said, the Rangers are my overall favorite team in all of sports, and hockey is what I am most passionate about. As great as it was for my baseball team to get over that hump and win it all (and then win it all 2 more times after!), I feel like a Rangers Cup win would be in a league of its own. I have documented several times about how I was not really a hockey fan in 1994 and I have not experienced a Cup win yet. I can only imagine what winning it all with your favorite team in your favorite sport must be like as a fan. Knowing what it is like to long for that, I do hope you get a Cup Barbs! I hope I do too :lol

aeroshady 05-06-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16783473)

Bust each other's chops? Does that work?

Roose13 05-06-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16783473)

Calm your tits :rattle

aeroshady 05-06-2017 12:34 PM

Well that was a crazy way to start a game!

aeroshady 05-06-2017 12:57 PM

Heart attack hockey in the first. The Rangers special teams are going to lose them this game if they don't pick it up. They PP is gross right now.

hailtopitt 05-06-2017 01:02 PM

Sarah thinks PPs are gross too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aeroshady 05-06-2017 01:38 PM

Well there goes this game. Rangers let special teams change the momentum of this game in the first and have gotten steam rolled ever since. Turned it off in favor of studying for my SCUBA certification class tomorrow.

aeroshady 05-06-2017 02:03 PM

Obviously I am still following the game :lol. I can't take this heart attack hockey!

TheLastPig 05-06-2017 02:55 PM

Crosby seen taping his stick. Looks like he's good to go.

unccrombie 05-06-2017 03:03 PM

Rangers have to be the worst team ever playing with a lead under 2 minutes left.

aeroshady 05-06-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16783601)
Rangers have to be the worst team ever playing with a lead under 2 minutes left.

Typical Rangers late goal meltdown. Sens will win this in OT.

When JV scored I literally said that I will bet any amount of money that the Rangers don't hold onto that lead. Boom, tie game.

unccrombie 05-06-2017 03:06 PM

Series should be over. So frusting