Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 01-26-2017 11:55 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (lolcaps)

When Matty said "buckle up" I guess he meant it since he posted it 3 times.

hailtopitt 01-26-2017 11:57 AM

lol you only need to say it once dude!

interesting though. i didn't know he got PP time. he sounds like a great fit for the Pens. a defensman that can see the ice and make good breakout passes is so sexy and it's exactly what the Pens need.

and he wouldn't be a top pair guy in Pittsburgh so maybe that would help? i dunno. but you don't think he's movable even though the Avs are projecting as sellers at the deadline? might be able to get a decent haul for Johnson.

fonzz41 01-26-2017 12:00 PM

Wut just happened...

hailtopitt 01-26-2017 12:00 PM

interesting though. i didn't know he got PP time. he sounds like a great fit for the Pens. a defensman that can see the ice and make good breakout passes is so sexy and it's exactly what the Pens need.

and he wouldn't be a top pair guy in Pittsburgh so maybe that would help? i dunno. but you don't think he's movable even though the Avs are projecting as sellers at the deadline? might be able to get a decent haul for Johnson.

hailtopitt 01-26-2017 12:04 PM

:lol of course that happened again after i said that

lockman21 01-26-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16696361)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16696367)

you only need to say it once dude

lockman21 01-26-2017 12:09 PM

:lol Ants getting all fucky.

Alazais 01-26-2017 12:16 PM

How about those Leafs? 9-0-2 On the Road in their Last 11. Freddy has put up back to back No Hitters. I'm trying not to get too excited about it but when they're on, they look so good.

hailtopitt 01-26-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16696390)
How about those Leafs? 9-0-2 On the Road in their Last 11. Freddy has put up back to back No Hitters. I'm trying not to get too excited about it but when they're on, they look so good.

:thumbsup they're becoming fun to watch, with the attention focused on Matthews obviously.

they're in a winnable division too but they still might be a year or 2 away from truly contending.

Montreal and Ottawa are total pretenders

TMoore4075 01-26-2017 12:34 PM

I don't believe in the Sens at all and the Habs are Price and that's it. You saw it last year with how bad they were without him.

aeroshady 01-26-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16696392)
:thumbsup they're becoming fun to watch, with the attention focused on Matthews obviously.

they're in a winnable division too but they still might be a year or 2 away from truly contending.

Montreal and Ottawa are total pretenders

I hope this is who the Rangers play in round 1. It would be our best bet to win a playoff series. I think the MET is too good for the Rangers to really have a chance at the cup this year. We are still missing some pieces. Unfortunately, it may turn out that by the time we fill in the gaps up front, we will find a very large gap in net.

hailtopitt 01-26-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16696421)
I hope this is who the Rangers play in round 1. It would be our best bet to win a playoff series. I think the MET is too good for the Rangers to really have a chance at the cup this year. We are still missing some pieces. Unfortunately, it may turn out that by the time we fill in the gaps up front, we will find a very large gap in net.

yea you might be right

this is such a weird regular season. it's fun that the metro is so stacked but it's going to make for an odd 1st round of playoffs. at least 1, probably 2, really good teams will be done after round 1

lockman21 01-26-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16696410)
I don't believe in the Sens at all and the Habs are Price and that's it. You saw it last year with how bad they were without him.

I think Shea Weber is a big upgrade for them.

fonzz41 01-26-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16696367)

I bet he could play top pair in Pittsburgh. I can only imagine how much better things would go for him if he didn't have an AHL-caliber defensive partner.

And no, I don't think he'd be traded unless a killer offer came along. I think they're finally waking up to the fact that they need to focus on their blueline, and EJ is a huge part of that. Joe said the only untouchables on their team are their young guys (MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Jost), but I would be VERY surprised if they moved the only really solid defenseman they have.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16696377)
:lol of course that happened again after i said that

:lol
Quote:

I have loved watching all their guys. Obviously Matthews. But one that has really stood out to me is Mitch Marner. Such a feisty little sucker with a great nose for the net.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16696456)
I think Shea Weber is a big upgrade for them.

:thumbsup Shea Weber is THE upgrade for anyone.

barbogast 01-26-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16696423)
yea you might be right

this is such a weird regular season. it's fun that the metro is so stacked but it's going to make for an odd 1st round of playoffs. at least 1, probably 2, really good teams will be done after round 1

Ugh. I'm not trying to loathe about the Caps' great play lately, but boy does this feel familiar.

JRS1386 01-26-2017 06:34 PM

Sign I haven't listened to enough Flyers hockey but when the stream said Roman L scored I got pissed thinking the Leafs scored. Let's go Flyers

Lcsulla 01-26-2017 08:08 PM

Wow, I am just plain stunned at how the Jets so completely have the Hawks's number this year. Does not matter who is in net for either team, what the matchups are, who is injured the Jets just dominate us. Hawks were up 1 with four minutes left, generally a good position for them (especially after climbing back from 2-0 to make it 3-2) and Winnipeg gets 3 (one empty net) in the last 5 minutes to win 5-3. UGH.

Roose13 01-27-2017 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16696739)
Sign I haven't listened to enough Flyers hockey but when the stream said Roman L scored I got pissed thinking the Leafs scored. Let's go Flyers

You mean Lyubimov? Come on, every Flyers fan totally knows who that is.:rolleyes

Roose13 01-27-2017 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16696739)

You mean Lyubimov? Come on, every Flyers fan totally knows who that is.:rolleyes

swordo84 01-27-2017 07:04 AM

Oilers playing really really well at the worst time, now that the ASG break is upon us.

swordo84 01-27-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16697054)
Oilers playing really really well at the worst time, not that the ASG break is upon us.

now**

Stupid site wouldnt let me edit.

Alazais 01-27-2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16696535)
I have loved watching all their guys. Obviously Matthews. But one that has really stood out to me is Mitch Marner. Such a feisty little sucker with a great nose for the net.

They've been a ton of fun. With 6 rookies in the lineup most nights, I've been amazed at their ability to dominate regularly.

A lot of unsung heroes. Zaitsev coming over as a 25 year old rookie has been a huge asset for us. Brown and Hyman on a line with Matthews have been huge. They're so tenacious trying to recover the puck to give it back to Matthews. It's really been quite exciting.

Climb2safety 01-27-2017 08:26 AM

Washington is tied for first in goals scored (112) and first in goals against (62).

kev87lads 01-27-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

9-1-2 in last 12. Boom F'n rimshot! Boom!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16697205)
Washington is tied for first in goals scored (112) and first in goals against (62).

You don't win president's trophies with poor stats. they know their wheelhouse.

hailtopitt 01-27-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

what :confused you are way off here according to NHL.com

the Pens are first in goals scored (170)

The Caps are 3rd in goals scored (159)

The only part you got right is the Caps are 1st in goals allowed, but the number is 102, not 62

BeyondKnight 01-27-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16697330)
what :confused you are way off here according to NHL.com

the Pens are first in goals scored (170)

The Caps are 3rd in goals scored (159)

The only part you got right is the Caps are 1st in goals allowed, but the number is 102, not 62

Maybe you were only looking at home games?

hailtopitt 01-27-2017 09:51 AM

if the Caps only have 58 goals on the road, then that is horrible

i have no clue where C2S got those numbers

barbogast 01-27-2017 10:08 AM

:lol :lol

Fucking Caps fans

mr.MikeD 01-27-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16697054)
Oilers playing really really well at the worst time, now that the ASG break is upon us.

I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is, now - peaking too early, could go on a losing streak, Talbot goes cold, who knows... Just enjoying some quality hockey from the Oilers for the first time in ages.

swordo84 01-27-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16697395)
I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is, now - peaking too early, could go on a losing streak, Talbot goes cold, who knows... Just enjoying some quality hockey from the Oilers for the first time in ages.

Oh hell yes! I'm not complaining one bit!