Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

excitingjae 06-28-2016 11:19 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491121)
that doesn't make it better

that's your preference but from a design standpoint their black logo sticks out better on an orange field than a black field.

lockman21 06-28-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16491125)
It boggles my mind that team as crappy as the Jackets have cap space issues but then I remember they traded Horton's essentially dead contract to the Leafs for...well the same thing is Clarkson but at least he gets to play. Wow that team makes mistake after mistake.

I mean, it certainly doesn't help that BOBROVSKY! has a ridiculous cap hit, either.

For every goaltender that isn't Lundqvist or Price, anything over $6m is absurd.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excitingjae (Post 16491128)
that's your preference but from a design standpoint their black logo sticks out better on an orange field than a black field.

nah not really...it had a distinct white outline when they wore black

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16491129)
I mean, it certainly doesn't help that BOBROVSKY! has a ridiculous cap hit, either.

For every goaltender that isn't Lundqvist or Price, anything over $6m is absurd.

I get why they did it because of how good he was for those couple years. Pay up or lose him? Tough for a team like CBJ to just let a guy like that walk and then turn to your fan base and ask them to keep showing up. I'm not so sure Henrik will be worth his $8.5mil in a couple years. Can't believe he's under contract until he's 39 and he's not gonna retire early because his actual salary is still pretty high. Not like he's only make $2mil the last year. He'll still be making 5.5mil.

lockman21 06-28-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16491139)
I get why they did it because of how good he was for those couple years. Pay up or lose him? Tough for a team like CBJ to just let a guy like that walk and then turn to your fan base and ask them to keep showing up. I'm not so sure Henrik will be worth his $8.5mil in a couple years. Can't believe he's under contract until he's 39 and he's not gonna retire early because his actual salary is still pretty high. Not like he's only make $2mil the last year. He'll still be making 5.5mil.

Yeah, I mean, I think GMs are slowly realizing how disposable goalies are in today's NHL, especially if you're looking at handcuffing yourself via a high cap hit. Look no further than Pitt or SJ.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16491178)
Yeah, I mean, I think GMs are slowly realizing how disposable goalies are in today's NHL, especially if you're looking at handcuffing yourself via a high cap hit. Look no further than Pitt or SJ.

Yeah I mean hell look at my team. Howie was worth it when he signed and then struggled when he came back from the injury in 2015 and the kid took over. And Howard's deal isn't the worst out there. I'm beyond curious as to what Mrazek's deal will be this summer.

aeroshady 06-28-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16491139)

Goalies are basically worthless in the NHL if you want to win the Cup. They can win you a series or two and mask a bad team to an extent, but they will never win you a cup anymore. Otherwise the Rangers would have a few cups in the last 10 years.

Hank's contract is not even the tip of the iceberg of issues for the Rangers. We as a fan base are very aware of this and know that we missed our window. It is time to just ride out the end of some of these contracts and try to re-tool when and where we can.

Believe me, I am preparing myself to be the type of fan that I was from 1997-2006.

kev87lads 06-28-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16490978)
You usually don't say a lot of wrong things, so this is significant.

Sorry pal. Movie was terrible. Never grabbed me. Wasn't funny. Jay Baruchel was over the top annoying with his character. Just all around awful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491038)
4>2
5>2
6>0

Math! The other sports have nothing to do with this conversation. 4>2 is the only relevant one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16491072)
In honor of Lindros going to HHOF, I think I'll go watch highlights of his trip to the Finals in 97.

Real original Tim. Please post the McCarty goal again for the billionth time in the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491076)
Oh hey look guys, Tim brought up that the Red Wings won the Cup in 1997. He'll probably remind us about 1998 next. Thanks, Tim!

This. Essa Tikonen still missing that empty net probs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16491098)
I've always thought the Flyers look their best in orange. That bright obnoxious orange color IS the Philadelphia Flyers for me.

This again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491100)
Black was pretty cool too. But I was kind of over them until you just mentioned them.

I was over them after a couple of years.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16491318)
Math! The other sports have nothing to do with this conversation. 4>2 is the only relevant one.

lol what conversation? they are all relevant

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 01:31 PM

I really like the Eagles one. That's my favorite. I hope it stays zero too.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 01:37 PM

i must admit that i rooted for the Eagles hard in the SB against the Pats

but now that franchise is just a mess

Flyers should be getting better though

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 01:48 PM

Everything about the Eagles is laughable. I still crack up every time I remember that Lurie called their organization the gold standard of the NFL despite never winning a Super Bowl. Don't even get me started on the fanbase.

hailtopitt 06-28-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491390)
Everything about the Eagles is laughable. I still crack up every time I remember that Lurie called their organization the gold standard of the NFL despite never winning a Super Bowl. Don't even get me started on the fanbase.

:lol:lol

kev87lads 06-28-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491349)
lol what conversation? they are all relevant

Not in the NHL thread.

swordo84 06-28-2016 02:36 PM

Few reports saying Lucic is signing with the Oilers. Not sure how I feel about it, if true. On one hand he's proven to be the kind of player the Oilers desperately need. On the other, he's likely past his prime at this point. Can't hurt I suppose!

fonzz41 06-28-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16491468)
Few reports saying Lucic is signing with the Oilers. Not sure how I feel about it, if true. On one hand he's proven to be the kind of player the Oilers desperately need. On the other, he's likely past his prime at this point. Can't hurt I suppose!

I think he's a good team guy when he's got his head on straight. Will stick up for the stars and could potentially pot 25 goals. But, of course, he's not a defenseman.

lockman21 06-28-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

I mean, it makes sense. The Oilers totally need more forwards.

TMoore4075 06-28-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

I was hoping it was true to save the Wings from a possible mistake but Lucic is saying it's bs.

~Crashintome89~ 06-28-2016 07:38 PM

I think Lucic would do wonders for the Oilers. Honestly, they're better off trading either Eberle or Hall for a D-man straight up.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491944)
I think Lucic would do wonders for the Oilers. Honestly, they're better off trading either Eberle or Hall for a D-man straight up.

Stop with that logic crap. They are going after Stamkos.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 04:58 AM

@DarrenDreger"
Islanders, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Montreal...among the many with interest in Andrew Ladd. When Stamkos decision is made the next wave hits.

I could see Nashville as a fit or even the Isles. Thoughts?

swordo84 06-29-2016 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491944)

I'd rather see those two stay and they package Nuge and Yakupov together, but the same net result would be similar.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16492442)
I'd rather see those two stay and they package Nuge and Yakupov together, but the same net result would be similar.

I think Hall gets you a better return than those two together. I agree I'd rather have those two over Looch but if you can sign Looch and swing a trade for a top pairing d....

excitingjae 06-29-2016 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491390)

So you have a problem with me being a Penguins fan despite my liking the Phillies and the Eagles yet you're a Flyers fan who doesn't like the Eagles? And you call me terrible? Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black.

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 05:47 AM

I don't really like football, never saw the appeal of it so I don't have a foot in the race. I can't stand the Eagles because of the organization and the fanbase, which is by far one of the worst in all of sports.

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16492442)

Neither of these underachievers will get you the D-man that you need.

barbogast 06-29-2016 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16492489)
Neither of these underachievers will get you the D-man that you need.

Exactly. Edmonton can't pretend they will anymore, it's time to move Hall. I can understand keeping Eberle off the table, but in the position they're in, it's time to stop pretending that one day someone will magically want Yakupov and will give a good return for him. Nugent Hopkins is slightly more attractive, but if they ever intend to land a real, elite level d man, they're gonna have to move one of their two big pieces.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 06:24 AM

Rumors of the Bruins doing an offer sheet for Trouba. The only way they can do that however is by making the annual salary $9.3mil. Bruins don't have a 3rd rounder next year so they'd have to have the salary so high that they'd have to give up 4 firsts. Please do it Boston. Jets would be stupid to match that and the Bruins taking on 9.3mil for this kid....

JRS1386 06-29-2016 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16492534)
Rumors of the Bruins doing an offer sheet for Trouba. The only way they can do that however is by making the annual salary $9.3mil. Bruins don't have a 3rd rounder next year so they'd have to have the salary so high that they'd have to give up 4 firsts. Please do it Boston. Jets would be stupid to match that and the Bruins taking on 9.3mil for this kid....

That would be amazingly stupid and fun to watch

swordo84 06-29-2016 06:31 AM

You can't blame me for wanting to hold onto those two. Gotta drop the dead weight or course - totally get that the return on Nuge/Yak wouldn't be nearly as good though.